Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Zow237

@Bravesst

- loving the 1.0 maple I picked up and need the 2.0!!:love::bowdown: That PH/ma combo would be sick with a PH stem

..also I prefer the LB to the not mentioned wooden vape. The copper door swinging and glass peices made it a real turn off and using the LB is a pleasure without the added anxiety. :freak:

Told you you'd like it :). Glad you are liking it though :) now you def need a 2.0!!! Great work Mike and great deals. I dont think my lil b got out in the first post office run. Didnt get a shipping confirmtion :( o welll cant wait

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
R4 / C2 SOLD
I was back in the wood shop again today. Had a QM to add to the batch, used up some really nice stock. I wound up roughing out 3 units. That's a total of 30 units being built right now, but it's the walnut that leads the way, with 17 highly figured walnut units in some state of construction. Glad I ordered some more. There is always something to order.

What I'm noticing is the consistency I'm achieving, which saves so much set up time. Everything is the same size every time. Even in furniture building, I don't get to cut as many joints (awesome), albiet non traditional joints. Traditional mortise and tenon joinery is actually mortise and battery in this situation. The switch box is a half box joint. The back plate fits into a dadoed opening. The taper and mouthpiece form a wooden lock. The wood disk acts like a round tenon. Yup, the Lil' Bud is a mini piece of furniture. After Timber, maybe I should come up with a vape that is fashioned after a coffee table (reminds me of Seinfeld).

Last edited:

Zow237

Fuckkkk just realized i didnt change my address on paypal... so its going to my old place :( fuckin a

Zow237,

Zow237

You might be able to change delivery instructions on the USPS site.
yeah but its going to cost me another 20 bux... not sure if ill just pay it or wait for it to show up. had a pair of shoes do the same thing they showed up about a week later :(

Zow237,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Zow237 I feel for you my friend. I'd have to pay, but that's just my impatience.

The cherry units are moving a bit - happy they are finding a home. Today I got pretty far on this lot of bodies (batch 7B and 8). Cut out for the switch box and cut switch boxes. My new set up on the tablesaw is all about a perfect fit right off the saw, maybe 30 seconds to a minute of pairing with a chisel / file. I'm blown away every time I do this and think how long it took 6 months ago. Next, I'll be boring out the taper, coil compartment, and switch box, before sanding it all up for pre-assembly. The process is quite dialed in, the guess work a thing of the past. At this point, I think packing up and shipping is the worst part. I think I might need an assistant.

Now we're cooking with gas!

oskicon

Just curious, the stems for these things are 19/22 right? would a 19/26 kind of work with just a little piece sticking out the top or would it just not work at all. Anyone use these guys with glass stems? Don't want to give up my easy iso soak reclaim.

oskicon,

Zow237

@Zow237 I feel for you my friend. I'd have to pay, but that's just my impatience.

The cherry units are moving a bit - happy they are finding a home. Today I got pretty far on this lot of bodies (batch 7B and 8). Cut out for the switch box and cut switch boxes. My new set up on the tablesaw is all about a perfect fit right off the saw, maybe 30 seconds to a minute of pairing with a chisel / file. I'm blown away every time I do this and think how long it took 6 months ago. Next, I'll be boring out the taper, coil compartment, and switch box, before sanding it all up for pre-assembly. The process is quite dialed in, the guess work a thing of the past. At this point, I think packing up and shipping is the worst part. I think I might need an assistant.

Now we're cooking with gas!

Unfortunately Im probably going to pay for it anyways. I want it sooner rather than later. So I can let someone get my og on the cheap ;)

Slickwilly

Well @Bravesst knows how to delivery even on Sundays :rockon:

Came home this afternoon and there was the priority box sitting on my porch, thought holly shit didn't know they even deliver on Sundays?

Did you deliver it yourself Mike :lol:

Good thing wife isn't home all day today or she might have saw it. :o
Plan on giving it to her tomorrow, just not quit sure how and when yet?

Couple quick pixs of one sexy LB 2.0 :love:

5akeit.jpg

fntfh5.jpg

Well Mike sure has fine tuned his LB skills, this thing is stunning to say the least. :bowdown:

The PH is solid and silky smooth. Got some weight to it too, really like it a lot, even more then my cherry. The new rear battery cover and smoother precise edging all around is much nicer look and feel. The button is by far better than the original button. Smooth to the touch and pushes so much easier, no more mashing this button :tup: Vent holes are smaller and I noticed the stem doesn't go as deep in as it does on my LB 1.0. Probably notice more differences with more use.

I had to try it out, could not wait until tomorrow, what wood you do? :shrug:

First stem I packed it heavy and took my normal draw. Had a huge cloud :smug:

Hits are cooler but yet stronger with more vapor then my LB 1.0. Don't have to hold button as long to get same results as LB 1.0 either, should save on battery more then.

Will have some more pixs and feed back after tomorrow when we put it to the test. :nod:

Mike I'm glad to hear Reddy is home with you and healing. Home is where the love helps heal too.

EDIT: It is actually tomorrow, so high :lol:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Slickwilly Holy crap, that is a pretty one. Your eloquent description is the first 2.0 review of LB. I think you'll find it's quite the beast with better coil, ss foil, and new switch.

Just sold another PH unit, probably because of that picture (thank you). I'm back on ebay, buying some more PH. I only plan to buy enough for a few units, but could easily double the order if there is a demand. I'll hold off for a few hours. Anyone even thinking about PH, please chime in. Also thinking of the wood of the month concept, love to hear your ideas...

Current Deals
  1. 20 percent off site wide for any batch 1 to 6 customers with *warranty transfer* to new unit (coupon code: firstsix)
  2. Homeless Cherry LB's (only available here) $130 / $155 with stem / $10 shipping (see pic). PM me.
Home with Reddy today. I can get into the shop no problem. I will also set up my D Link camera / app on my phone so I can keep a close eye while working.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

Came home this afternoon and there was the priority box sitting on my porch, thought holly shit didn't know they even deliver on Sundays?

5akeit.jpg

fntfh5.jpg

Well Mike sure has fine tuned his LB skills, this thing is stunning to say the least. :bowdown:

The PH is solid and silky smooth. Got some weight to it too, really like it a lot, even more then my cherry. The new rear battery cover and smoother precise edging all around is much nicer look and feel. The button is by far better than the original button. Smooth to the touch and pushes so much easier, no more mashing this button :tup: Vent holes are smaller and I noticed the stem doesn't go as deep in as it does on my LB 1.0. Probably notice more differences with more use.

Hits are cooler but yet stronger with more vapor then my LB 1.0. Don't have to hold button as long to get same results as LB 1.0 either, should save on battery more then.

Will have some more pixs and feed back after tomorrow when we put it to the test. :nod:

Mike I'm glad to hear Reddy is home with you and healing. Home is where the love helps heal too.

This unit is functional art. Stunning work Mike and Slickwilly-nice work on 'design'.

5akeit.jpg

fntfh5.jpg

That unit is absolutely stunning. Wow. Thats in the same league as the Nomad for aesthetics imo. That one and the last couple @Bravesst posted are just eye candy. Congrats and hope the little man is on the mend. Its no coincidence that so many vaporists are animal lovers.

Slickwilly

Congratulations to your wife on the new LB 2.0! You guys will be vaping in style !
Thanks! Hopefully she shares it until my 2.0 arrives. :haw:
The LB is our relax time together, not used as daily driver. The hand made piece of art, that it is, makes that time even more special.

Just sold another PH unit, probably because of that picture (thank you)
No thank you!
I think your newest LB 2.0 will sell itself :clap:
The new switch along itself could be a good reason to upgrade to the 2.0. :2c: It has a positive stop and very light push. It is a slam dunk with the added internal upgrades making it completely worth it, especially with the deals Mike is offering!

This unit is functional art. Stunning work Mike and Slickwilly-nice work on 'design'.
Thanks! I'm really liking the PH. The brownish and orangish grains against the purple is awesome and it pairs so well with the QM
o5szed.jpg

That unit is absolutely stunning. Wow. Thats in the same league as the Nomad for aesthetics imo.
Thanks! I agree Mike has really fine tuned his design. Its has been great to watch it evolve from the beginning into what it is now.

@Slickwilly one of the best looking LB out there! Awesome color pairing and pattern.
Thank you :peace:

Few more pixs in the daylight.

dvilq8.jpg

2hfktwk.jpg

Plan on waiting until tonight when we have our relax time to give it to her, she's gonna be so excited, can't wait :brow:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That @Slickwilly unit is already posted on the website. No doubt, PH will begin to sell. Got 2 hours in the shop with my camera on to watch Reddy. I'll get another couple of hours in a bit. I'm continuing my work on batches 7b and 8 bodies, but will be done today, then it's time to focus on doing whatever it takes to ship 7b. That'll mean some more coils as well the bodies I just built. The second half of batch 7 is still 12 units - so I got some work to do. This will be a good test to see how fast I can turn these 12 around. I managed to whip up the needed bodies in a couple of days.

These units are also just falling together right off the saw, everything lining up, square, flat, true. I think that in the wood shop, it was a matter of figuring out how to use my tools to build this small. As I was cutting switch boxes with almost zero waste, all clamped up to my miter gauge switch box jig, with no guess work whatsoever, I realized just how automated I'm getting. Everything is a jig. I must have a dozen to help me in the process.

Slickwilly

Stunning :). Im going to be waiting about 8 days longer to get mine :(. I cant intercept it anymore for some reason. o well 1.0 is doing work till it comes in. :bang:
Sorry to hear that man. At least you still have your LB 1.0, good thing you didn't sell it :nod:

That @Slickwilly unit is already posted on the website.
Looks good.

I'm the purpleheart pusher :wave:

https://treehut.co/blogs/news/116096003-5-facts-about-purpleheart-wood

Not to be an ass but have the international orders shipped or are they to ship with 7b ?
Wood you happen to be one of those lucky ones? :cool:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Bravesst - You are turning out some really impressive units. The PH/QM is just stunning. Glad to see all the improvements. The performance must be really good now. Looking forward to trying your latest creations as I'm sure everyone else is too.
So glad the time it takes to make one has been reduced, so that you can now make more in a given time period or more time for yourself. The more units that you sell, the more tubes I will need to make.
Here is a photo of my current collection of roasting tubes after finishing a big batch.

woodenroastingtubes.jpg

Many of them are for Lil' Bud's, iHeat's, etc., but some are still available.
I don't have a waiting list for roasting tubes. They just get worked into the next batch.

Here is a link @P.A.M. made that shows what I think to be the perfect amount of flower in the basket screen. You should always get great results with little to no stirring. Thanks @P.A.M. for showing off your LB and wooden roasting tubes. They really are a great combination.

Perfect amount

Slickwilly

@Slickwilly :dog: Just a lil trigger(button) happy :freak:.. god knows Ive been firing that thing red hot, lol...

your wife will :love: her new PHLB ! Way to keep her happy man! :clap:

No more hot button on the LB 2.0 Just wait until you press it, world of difference :2c:

A happy wife makes a happy life :tup:

@Alan just finished these beauties for me, thanks Mr marshmallow man! :lol:
The figured walnut looks crazy. They should cool things done even more, cant wait!

zsnu4n.jpg

Top Bottom