Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
My LB 2.1 arrived this afternoon. I am blown away, but need to practice a bit. I really enjoy practice. So far no combustion, no bad charring, but have come close to that edge.

I've decided that for the first few days that I'm going to use the original stems, and I've seated the screen a bit differently using a @DDave screen setting tool he sent me this winter.

But this vape is really perfect. @Bravesst I understand what you mean about it being almost regulated due to the speed of heat up. Really wonderful first heating cycle. The hand feel is even better than my Batch 6 which was the first to have the rounded edges.

And the switch-you hit a home run with that switch. Easy on the hand and the eyes, functions great, and no heat even when I did back-to-back-to-back stems.

Thanks Mike. I definitely see an LB-Elite and Timber-Elite in my future as well.

This will get some time in my favorite spot in the universe: at the end of a dock on Seneca Lake about 5 miles south of downtown Geneva.

SpudBob

My LB 2.1 arrived this afternoon. I am blown away, but need to practice a bit.
Got mine today too! Thanks Mike! Yah, Its not my Milaana! The delivery is Right Now! I have got a little premature browning of the load, but a technique curve is to be expected. Everything else checks out. Nice finish work. Heater is stellar! Feels good in the hand too.Tasty rips! There is no lag for sure .You need to be on your game. 5 seconds of On, while drawing, is all I needed then draw for another 5 seconds and BAM big clouds. My Milaana needs a good 5 seconds to warm then the hit is 15 seconds ish for me. I don't think I would try this with this powerhouse. Im sure battery life will be better too as the ovens only on for a very short time. Definitely extracts quicker than RBT. I have been using it with the reduced diameter, 8mm, glass lined Alans WonG I have. Ill have to try the native Alans that came with the unit. Anyway good puchase. I am happy with it!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Very neat Rustic LB @Bravesst . "Rustic" is a good way of describing my new Lil'Bud Classic (2.0) . I really like the switch box on both the Rustic and mine. Great idea to flip the grain while using the same species of wood. It give the unit two tones of grain patterns almost making it look like two wood species. Well played ! Looks fantastic !

The LB Quad. Wowers!! Another Vapwood creative outbreak! Always amazed to see how fast you progress looking at the quad blanks. (even if you have to wait 6 hours for glue) you still had prep and glue those pieces together and then pass them through the planer afterwards which is no easy task. only a few steps of so many more to come... passionate you are! The quad blanks look great , Mike, they show different layouts you have going too , It will be fun to see those units take shape !

@Zabou , right on , I wish the battery safety tab hack works as good for you as it does for me! @SpudBob , I don't completely follow "how" you mean but if you take a pic once you have it worked out I'd love to see your take on it ! Just seen you got your LB too congratulations!!

Overall I love the new slotless door. Having a full width safety tab behind the door is extra safer and I now feel 110% safe with LB in my pocket . The wooden tab worked great , its just too short/tight for me to grip with my fingers. The plastic tab with overlapping bent lip makes it a breeze to grab and pull out .

@RushVaporTrails , cool dude , knew you could do it ! happy you found your groove ! don't be too hard on yourself man, I think we've all had vapes where we couldn't figure it out at first or simply wasn't for us in the end. Now that you have yours figured out , have fun really dialling it in !!:rockon:

@beyond6strings , sweet, happy you received the Classic before the trip! Your trip wouldn't have been what it will be without it :ko: Congratulations , have a fun and safe vacation !

The Lil' Bud Classic going forward is one mean jelly bean ! Indeed it can feel like a regulated vaporizer. The constant power from LB's heating coil provide consistent vapor , hit after hit , achieving a complete ,even roasting at the end of your session. It becomes very predictable from one hit to another , it's easy to forget its unregulated.

Light, medium or dark roast? Sure, want one or all three ? The LB can provide it all , adjust your draw and roast to your prefered toast!

The Classic (2.0) really does know how to take things to the edge if desired. I love knowing I can vapcap the shit out of my herb in my LB if I want too ! :lol:

Vaporizing doesn't get more easy and efficient then with the Lil' Bud Classic . Press button & go! As simple as that . Within 5 seconds of pressing the button , you can literally get a cloud of vapor !

Impressive how the herb can be brought up to vaping temperature so quickly and not scorch on the first hit . You can drag a session like you can milk it in a few hits . Truly mind boggling!

The Lil' Bud got faster , stronger and it even got smoother! :nod: It's awesome, it's so fun hitting the LB2.0 ! It hits you right back, hard...

the heavyweight champion of the world , Lil' Bud Classic :clap::clap::clap:

Edit : since I don't have a life either ( at least Mike builds kick ass vapes with his, lol , you have a life!!) here are some coil pics, LB 1.5 vs the new LB 2.0 :

Walleye (walnut LB 1.5)
IMG_2213.jpg

Blossom (LB Cherry Bomb 2.0)
IMG_2214.jpg

Isn't it beautiful!?!
LB2.0's heating coil is more centred then 1.5's coil. It's overall mass seems to be better distributed across the area as well :tup::clap:
I'll try to take a photo of the coil with a flashlight reflecting off the ss foil shield next day or two.. it's cool to look at and very visible. so neatly spiralled too, will have to show you all

Last edited:

RushVaporTrails

@RushVaporTrails , cool dude , knew you could do it ! happy you found your groove ! don't be too hard on yourself man, I think we've all had vapes where we couldn't figure it out at first or simply wasn't for us in the end. Now that you have yours figured out , have fun really dialling it in !!:rockon:

Thanks @P.A.M. , it has been a cool ride on the LB express

Alans roasting tubes are the number one best vaporizer accessory I have ever purchased. Makes for such a great vaping experience

This statement is going to make me count the days until I have one as well. I am sure lots of testing will take place comparing Alan's glass lined tube vs. his original tube that comes with the LB.

RushVaporTrails,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Happy, happy, LB'ers... Getting lost in the PM world, lots of inquiries. Let me clear up the lamination process on my Quad Bud. What I've posted, and all pre-formed blanks listed on the website, at this point require 2 laminations to give us 4 woods (Quad). The switch box will be the 4th choice. Even with the pre-formed Quads, you can pick your sb. The coil will be enclosed in one solid piece of wood, with no glue near it. So half the unit (about 30mm) needs to one single piece to accommodate the coil. The other half (battery side) can be anything we want it to be. I can split it sandwich style, all layers parallel, or I can flip 90 degrees. I can also add an additional layer.

After working with this for a full day, I can see where pricing needs to be: Pre-formed blanks, as listed on the website (or here) will go for $219, as they have two simple laminations. Custom laminations, if I can do it, will go for $249 for the first two glue ups (4 woods), and $25 for an additional layer, or right angle.

Time to unbox my DNA75C and all accessories this afternoon. I'm going to digest all this information, nice and slowly, while I continue to build Classics. Unlike just forming blanks, the Elite is going to take some real, functional modifications, not just extra woodwork, but many new processes. I took Quad bud from an idea in my head, to fruition in a couple of days, but that will not be the case for the Elite.

I have a feeling, Timber will fall someplace in between.

I Need a Name / Win a Free Quad Bud
I like the name, but it's not really about 4 woods, as we can go from 2 woods to as many as 6. I need a name, and I'm gonna run a contest. I think it'll be kinda fun to see who can come up with a really cool name and win the first unit, but I need a name that'll work with my other names (Classic / Elite), as well as describe what it is. Not only will you get a free LB Classic, but a mouthpiece and screens, a stir tool, and 2 batteries, so you're ready to go right outta the box. You will be the proud owner of the first multi-species (horrible name) unit.

I do need to make the contest anonymous.

Go to vapwood.com (inquiry page). The inquiry form has 3 boxes for name, email, message. Under name you need to make up a unique *code name* that you'll need later. Under email type contest@vapwood.com. Under message, simply type in your idea for a name. If you leave the email field blank, the form won't submit. Once I get a winner, I'll announce it here, and you'll need to PM me with your code name to claim your prize. This will be a batch 8 order. The winner can pick from one of the blanks posted on the thread, or you can check out the website for the full listing. >>vapwood.com

FINE PRINT
Winner must be a FC member with at least 25 messages
Contest ends when I get my winning name, no name, no winner
You'll be billed for shipping costs

Last edited:

SnowDome

After reading many of you talk about Alan's glass lined roasting tube then seeing the pictures of them, I'm sold.

Is this something we have to contact him to order? I wasn't able to find them on him website. Thanks in advance for any info.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
First break of the day... a short one. Prepping wood bodies for batch 8, including some multi grains (good name, but I want a multi grain bagel, not vaporizer). Already got a bunch of suggestions for the new name contest. They do have to beat my *super secret best choice so far*, which I cannot reveal, but I'll start hinting at if nobody gets close. If no one beats my choice, my hints will bring you to it, and the one who guesses correctly, AND comes up with the best variation of it, will be the winner by default. This is gonna be fun. Sweet mystery of life, oh now I've found you...

I just made up a list of orders that need to be filled. Batch 8 sits at 11 orders, and 3 replacements from early batches for a total of 14. I've got to build about 10 Elites for batch 9. It breaks down like usual, everybody loves Figured Walnut for 6 of the 14. Purple Heart pulls into second place at 4 units, while QM and Cherry are at one each. There are also two requests for Quad Buds.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I get it... pretty good, but you gotta think a little too much.
@elykpeace Great guess, but it sounds like a kid's breakfast cereal. I can see the Franken' Bud cartoon character every time I say it, but great job on the hint.

I want a name that explains what it is - many colors, different species, a hybrid of sorts, melting pot, diverse, rainbow, some one mentioned racing stripes, looks like a flag.
====================================

Building went well today, and I got one more session today before I call it quits. I've cut 14 mortises in some PH, Cherry, and of a few course multi- colored Buds. I've got a decent stock of walnut bodies already made up. Trying to keep that balance going.

Break time over...

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Wow, the coil on the LB 2.0's is just a beast. It's almost like using a pen style cartridge-press a button, inhale, get vapor. In fact....it's exactly like that.

I've been pre-heating to the count of 2 before I start a slow draw, hold the button down to the count of 5 and then based on feedback draw, feather the carb, and adjust draw speed.

I adjusted my tamp, going a bit firmer, and I had a lovely session before I mowed the lawn and will have another as soon as I'm done posting this.

Thanks again Mike, and thanks for going above and beyond to make sure I had it in time for tomorrow's departure.

BTW, I will not have any cell coverage nor internet. My phone is for pictures only, and a fine paper weight when I'm not taking pictures. So I'll check back in with y'all in a couple weeks.

Have fun, I know I will.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It was a productive day on batch 8 and my multi colored Buds.

On the contest, I already have a name that is better than my original. My wife actually mentioned it, and I kinda liked it. Then boom, someone sent it in, and I liked it again. I'll

Buds with no name
2ikws2s.jpg

Some PH and Cherry Classics
hu0px2.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
WE HAVE A WINNER

Took less than 24 hours to get about 50. Got some really good ideas, and the name has been chosen. I guess we shoulda called this a flash contest. I wanted the entries via the website contact form, so as to keep things anonymous. Some of you couldn't help yourselves shouting your suggestion from the roof tops. No big deal, I can still be fair. Next contest, I'm going to limit everybody to a certain number of suggestions, in a single submission. Not that I don't love the brainstorming, just wanna be fair.

The winner basically submitted one entry via the web form, and was actually the very first person to nail down this idea. There were a couple of others close, but they came after, so it's an easy call. I really have no idea who it is!

Lil' Bud Blend

Winner can claim your prize by PM'ing me the *code name* you entered on the form. It's gonna be one of these beauties below!

2ikws2s.jpg

This was an easy integration into the already streamlined process. Nothing had to change, just have to perform a few steps before starting. The stock I ordered should simplify the process.

I'd like to hear your ideas on prettiest Blend, at least from that angle. The larger single front layer cannot get any smaller, but the switch box will be cut out of it, so a lot variety anyway. That leaves a stem and back plate to play with. The wood is also split differently on different units.

Last edited:

Slickwilly

Congrats to the winner! :clap:

I know which LBB I wood choose.:cool:

Mike will the switchblock touch the second wood choice towards backplate?

Slickwilly,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Congrats to the winner! :clap:

I know which LBB I wood choose.:cool:

Mike will the switchblock touch the second wood choice towards backplate?

That's a negative good buddy, at least in theory. The unit is like 60 mm / sb about 30. The front band starts at 32, and after all the planing, pretty much winds up at a fat 30. Don't forget, final planing is done after assembly, and it's wood, so things change a bit. After building a few, I'll have this nailed down I'm sure. With the new stock I ordered, everything will start at the same size, making the entire process much simpler.

The table leg stock is 30 inches long, and pieces will be joined in the full length. 30 inch boards are still pretty easy to work with. I've got a shit load of clamps and a big flat table - I'm already super set up for joining boards, as I was building lots of tables (tops are nothing but edge joinery), and desks before this, and why I've got some skill with mortises.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

@Bravesst love the laminates. Great idea, great look, and sure to attract more people to the LB: self-regulated or regulated. It's fun to watch your business and craft grow.

Got my LB, batts and a bunch of stems packed. I'll be sitting on the end of a dock with my LB come sunset.

Cheers, y'all. And remember: be kind.

Top Bottom