Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

HerbieVonVapster

You can currently pick your switchbox(build your own bud) , it's just not user interchangeable like the battery door is :tup:
Just in the context of Mike post it wasn't clear, so had to asked thanks guys:)

I got my dna250c so started messing with some setting. Tossed together a couple of lil bud theme. So many more options in the color chips. Colors and icon easy changed more difficult when comes to settings. Should be some extra memory after removing unneeded setting. Might be able offer a help screen.

Here's a couple just to give rough ideal of whats possible. Thoughts?

bebkt4.jpg
5wchv9.png
ifc0hz.png
2eahzyh.png

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@HerbieVonVapster If there one thing that's important on the internet, is to be clear. I apologize.

I am loving the possibilities here. I'll have my chip outta the box Saturday, more to formulate a wood design plan. I am pretty sure I have what I need for a prototype or two, waiting on one more thing from ebay. Alan is all over the circuit board and what needs to happen, from flux to distance from oven, we are emailing back and forth about this and a few other things. No faster way for me to learn how to do it than let Alan lead the way. In the end it will be done right.

Forming coils this morning (gotta keep up on coil forming). I started timing operations. I worked with ten coils to keep the math simple. So far I'm 4 hours in, and have about an hour to go. That's from soup to nuts (tinning wires, butt splice modifications, prepping disk, forming tennis net, forming coil, testing). That's 30 minutes per coil, for everything but the installation. Probably not gonna get too much faster than that any time soon. Coils are turning out real nice...

HerbieVonVapster

@HerbieVonVapster If there one thing that's important on the internet, is to be clear. I apologize.

@Bravesst All good I wasn't a 100% sure if you where doing some kind of mail in switch switches to the switch hehe.

There is so much you can do with this software. Since I'm making themes for my dna might as well start one for lil bud elite. I'm sure Mike has his own creative ideal. He's welcome use anything out of it he likes for the official one.

Really looking forward to this one. I know the softwares programming is a ways off. Plus it's always best to get some prototype out then tweak the final software.
The good thing is firmware is easy to update so Mike can always fix any oddball settings later. By the time I get my prototype I'm sure I would have figured out most of the ways settings could damage it. The elite should be simple to use. Most setting that can cause damage can be fixed or removed by the time the production run is ready.

I'm sitting here typing vaping some excellent double strawberry diesel in the iheat on my DNA250c.
All i'm going say is... naw not going tease you all...let's just say if the elites are anything like this combo (I'm even going venture to say it be better) Mikes going be a very busy man :)

Slickwilly

@KingSol and @P.A.M. Thanks guys glad you liked it, hope picture didn't offend anyone.

I really love getting out in the woods in archery season in the fall and winter. For hours I sit in a tree just relaxing and enjoying nature. This year gonna have a Lil Bud too make it even more enjoyable ;)

Congratulations @P.A.M. on your new addition to the Lil Bud family! Love the Cherry figure SW and BP too :rockon:
When is the Cherry Bomb gonna make its wood shed debut ? That wood be cool :cool:

@ShadowLink12 welcome back and congrats on your LB 2.0 quilted maple and purple heart, awesome wood choices :tup:

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
rj1j6v.jpg

Need to get some better shots in the sun. The pollution has been awful here for the past couple of days. Can anyone confirm the wood?
That's a beautiful figured walnut! Its hard to tell because photo is dark ,but normal walnut is like my 2nd LB, (middle LB in photo posted earlier). Dark walnut is prized for its color and sometimes black swirl, marble, feathery look, or even straight grained . a dark walnut such as yours is hard to come by. Can't wait to see More detailed pics , thanks for sharing , @Mr. Gweilo 420

Congratulations @P.A.M. on your new addition to the Lil Bud family! Love the Cherry figure SW and BP too :rockon:
When is the Cherry Bomb gonna make its wood shed debut ? That wood be cool :cool:

Thank you @Slickwilly Cherry Bomb took its first fall earlier doing just that , a woodshed video :doh: A round log i was sitting on rolled off and so did Blossom, my phone and myself :lol: All is well , I vaped my bowl and postponed video to another day !

A "timmmber" might be more appropriate while perched in a tree hunting and probably be available by fall/winter :brow:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC!!!

Have much going on. I need to automate the *@Alan Project*, get started on the Elite, nail down the design on Timber, all while continuing to build LB Classics. Beaded Bud and Quad Bud are minor design forays that will happen soon. Once people see a finished product Quad Bud or Beaded Bud, they'll want one. If you're a collector of exotic vapes, the Quad and Beaded will be very unique. Kind of been waiting for a custom order, but I think I need to build, post and let it take care of itself.

Batch 7 is making lots of people happy. The new, new switch is doing its job, as it should. and making me very happy. I don't like doing the same job twice. takes the fun out of it. But right now, I'm in the Vapwood Zone, and it is a great place to be. I'll be contacting my switch supplier real soon to follow up on the biggest switch order I can handle. In the meantime, I've checked out another style (same manufacturer) that will work really well, and it's in stock. I got a few of those, but just as back ups. I literally have 200 switches I will probably never use. The 2nd switch choice was not a bad switch, just not AS GOOD as the current model. Of course, who knows what the future will hold, but I'm optimistic.

Quad Bud, An Interesting Idea
Once the yellow glue bond is formed, it is stronger than the wood fibers themselves. Furniture has been built this way for centuries. In a properly joined table top, you cannot see or feel any seems, except for grain distinction, and even then can match grain patterns to make it look line one amazing board.

We will keep the glue away from the air path and any place on the unit that will heat up even remotely. That means back from the coil a sufficient distance. The foil lining has helped much in reducing heat transfer. The means that I will join to pieces of wood, splitting LB in half from side to side. The first obvious choices are walnut / cherry. One of the sides will have the switch box cut out. Even with two woods, you can see where there are lots of choices - one solid strip of walnut top to bottom, the other half split cherry and walnut switch box, or cherry and purple heart swith box, come to mind. The back plate could be anything. Actually all walnut back, all cherry front might be cool, so quad bud might be more of the potential for 4 woods, but we could use 2, 3, or 4 in this design. Not much interest in this yet, but we need a visual to make it really pop. It will be some extra work, joining, gluing, clamping, planing, all before getting started, but I just want to explore the artistic potential here. Hope I have time.

Tough to say what's a fair price, but $219 (bare bones) for Cherry and Walnut with PH / QM options for switch box and back plate is about as fair as I can be right now. You can also go with Cherry and or Walnut on the switch box and back plate.

Beading / Reeding / Fluting

Another good idea borrowed from traditional woodworking. Before there were routers, or CNC machines, craftsmen would fashion there own *scratch tools*, to scribe patterns into wood, creating beaded edging, and other design elements. A few manufactures today sell planes that do this, and even a blade you can customize yourself. I took a look this commercial plane, and decided I could make my own fairly easily for our purposes here.
ADD: $50 to the price of Cherry and Walnut / not available on QM or PH

I've added the beading option to the website, but he Quad Bud will have to be added as a new item, might have to build one first, but it is available.

Another idea I had was to re-orient that grain on the switch box, maybe on an angle. Lots of crazy ideas now that Classic is nailed down.

Now, after 2 and a half hours, I gotta get off this computer and do some work...

Last edited:
Good morning FC!!!

Have much going on. I need to automate the *@Alan Project*, get started on the Elite, nail down the design on Timber, all while continuing to build LB Classics. Beaded Bud and Quad Bud are minor design forays that will happen soon. Once people see a finished product Quad Bud or Beaded Bud, they'll want one. If you're a collector of exotic vapes, the Quad and Beaded will be very unique. Kind of been waiting for a custom order, but I think I need to build, post and let it take care of itself.

Batch 7 is making lots of people happy. The new, new switch is doing its job, as it should. and making me very happy. I don't like doing the same job twice. takes the fun out of it. But right now, I'm in the Vapwood Zone, and it is a great place to be. I'll be contacting my switch supplier real soon to follow up on the biggest switch order I can handle. In the meantime, I've checked out another style (same manufacturer) that will work really well, and it's in stock. I got a few of those, but just as back ups. I literally have 200 switches I will probably never use. The 2nd switch choice was not a bad switch, just not AS GOOD as the current model. Of course, who knows what the future will hold, but I'm optimistic.

Quad Bud, An Interesting Idea
Once the yellow glue bond is formed, it is stronger than the wood fibers themselves. Furniture has been built this way for centuries. In a properly joined table top, you cannot see or feel any seems, except for grain distinction, and even then can match grain patterns to make it look line one amazing board.

We will keep the glue away from the air path and any place on the unit that will heat up even remotely. That means back from the coil a sufficient distance. The foil lining has helped much in reducing heat transfer. The means that I will join to pieces of wood, splitting LB in half from side to side. The first obvious choices are walnut / cherry. One of the sides will have the switch box cut out. Even with two woods, you can see where there are lots of choices - one solid strip of walnut top to bottom, the other half split cherry and walnut switch box, or cherry and purple heart swith box, come to mind. The back plate could be anything. Actually all walnut back, all cherry front might be cool, so quad bud might be more of the potential for 4 woods, but we could use 2, 3, or 4 in this design. Not much interest in this yet, but we need a visual to make it really pop. It will be some extra work, joining, gluing, clamping, planing, all before getting started, but I just want to explore the artistic potential here. Hope I have time.

Tough to say what's a fair price, but $219 (bare bones) for Cherry and Walnut with PH / QM options for switch box and back plate is about as fair as I can be right now. You can also go with Cherry and or Walnut on the switch box and back plate.

Beading / Reeding / Fluting

Another good idea borrowed from traditional woodworking. Before there were routers, or CNC machines, craftsmen would fashion there own *scratch tools*, to scribe patterns into wood, creating beaded edging, and other design elements. A few manufactures today sell planes that do this, and even a blade you can customize yourself. I took a look this commercial plane, and decided I could make my own fairly easily for our purposes here.
ADD: $50 to the price of Cherry and Walnut / not available on QM or PH

I've added the beading option to the website, but he Quad Bud will have to be added as a new item, might have to build one first, but it is available.

Another idea I had was to re-orient that grain on the switch box, maybe on an angle. Lots of crazy ideas now that Classic is nailed down.

Now, after 2 and a half hours, I gotta get off this computer and do some work...
If that Quad Bud is available I will buy it. I am really loving mine and could handle another. We havea time difference but if available please consider it sold. I can hit you up with some $ tomorrow. That is if you still have some soup for me Mike :lmao:

@P.A.M. Thanks mate. Thats what I thought but Im not that knowlegable about wood. It is a very handsome vape to be certain! The stem by Alan really perfects it too. Your cherry unit looks awesome!

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
If that Quad Bud is available I will buy it. I am really loving mine and could handle another. We havea time difference but if available please consider it sold. I can hit you up with some $ tomorrow. That is if you still have some soup for me Mike :lmao:

@P.A.M. Thanks mate. Thats what I thought but Im not that knowlegable about wood. It is a very handsome vape to be certain! The stem by Alan really perfects it too. Your cherry unit looks awesome!
That is very funny, my intention when I posted it as well. Gotta have a sense of humor. I really happy you jumped on this, as I really want to build one. I'll squeeze into batch 8 (still under 12). Gonna be a real winner.

Batch 7 is done, last 3 strays that were add-ons have flown the coupe. Good little batch. Small batches are way more fun, less pressure. Of course, there are always small improvements, and this one might produce even more heat with less button. The wire leads get connected to the mesh coil with butt splice connectors and solder. The connectors are crimped tight, then hammered flat, before being filled with solder. I discovered a way to get even more solder to flow into the connection, creating an even better contact, while keeping things nice and neat, without lumpy overflow. The resistance on these coils has dropped a couple of ohms across the board. It will be interesting to see what the three shipped units report, as I only moderately tested these units for basic function.

Now it's time to move on to more Classics (batch 8). the Elite (batch 9), Timber, as well as doing some more work on my Alan project.

My little side diversion into multi woods, beading, will involve a couple of hours of prep work to build a few blanks, and we'll see where things go after I build a couple. I have a feeling this will be well received as it may have quite the visual appeal - at least I think so, but you never know.

Last edited:

SpudBob

Batch 7 is done, last 3 strays that were add-ons have flown the coupe. Good little batch. Small batches are way more fun, less pressure. Of course, there are always small improvements, and this one might produce even more heat with less button. The wire leads get connected to the mesh coil with butt splice connectors and solder. The connectors are crimped tight, then hammered flat, before being filled with solder. I discovered a way to get even more solder to flow into the connection, creating an even better contact, while keeping things nice and neat, without lumpy overflow. The resistance on these coils has dropped a couple of ohms across the board. It will be interesting to see what the three shipped units report, as I only moderately tested these units for basic function.
So are these LB 2.1??? I can't wait to see/ try mine. Supposed to be here Saturday! Cool beans Mike!!!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So are these LB 2.1??? I can't wait to see/ try mine. Supposed to be here Saturday! Cool beans Mike!!!
There was already quite a good flow of solder before this, not really sure it will be discernible, but if you wanna call it the 2.1, go right ahead. Somewhere in batch 7 we kinda did go from 2.0 to 2.1 with another round of small changes.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Nice Battery cut off hack @HerbieVonVapster , here is one of my own. I used the battery slot in LB 1.0 ALOT. So I kind of miss it . The new tab works good due to its width , it prevents damage to battery sleeve when inserting , what I have trouble with is removing the battery tab . I find myself pinching and squeezing trying to get a good enough grip or fingernails on it so I can pull it out . I find the area to small for my fingers . so.... I resorted to my orignal plan 7months ago to make myself a plastic tab like you find on items you purchase that have cut-off you remove before use..
IMG_2180.jpg

I cut a piece of plastic packaging material . cut it longer then needed so I coulda did a fold , making it easy to grip and remove .

I cut a piece off of the battery tab sent with the LB and gave it a point to use it as a stir tool like I did with 1.0's tab.
IMG_2182.jpg

The stir tool fits conveniently beside the battery terminal behind the cover when not in use . The plastic cut off tab also fits besides the battery behind the cover not to lose it while in use
IMG_2199.jpg

Here's a 2.0 video

HerbieVonVapster

It’s working very well. A plus is it give me more area to grip. Was surprised it fit so well on the lil bud.

I decided that going need to remove the safety pin stir tool. Noticed it’s scratching against the wood.

@Bravesst Just sent you $255usd. I figured $219 and $35 international shipping. Let me know if its more. Im really excited about this one.

About the woods I hope we can use 4 to make it a true Quad Bud:D:rockon:I love the Cherry, QM and PH that you have used. Since my first unit is FW I was wondering if we could use a different one for the 4th wood? You mentioned Koa. Im not 100% sure what that looks like but maybe Koa could be the 4th wood? Other than that my request is you construct it however you think looks best. I totally defer to the master's skills here. If it is colourful I will be happy whichever way you choose to design it. The wilder the better! Sound good?

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
:science:Good Morning FC!!!
And it is a great, brisk, believe it or not, morning in New York. I see there's enough going on in Vapwood to keep the conversation going. I'm happy to say batch 7 is so done, done, done. It was a mega batch, and saw much change. Batch 8, I believe will *stabilize*.

Switch is set, like I've mentioned before, the only thing bad about the switch is I don't have a thousand of them, but one step at a time. The coil and coil compartment are performing at above previous expectations. The heat being delivered is high volume and very even across all surfaces. The body of the unit stays cooler, longer, allowing the coil to get hotter, faster.

The pics / reports / ideas are amazing. I can see the creativity here. You guys are going to keep me honest. @P.A.M. love the safety tabs, just ordered some acrylic sheets that I hope are thin and stiff enough. I wanted to put a bend in the wood like that, plastic is the perfect idea here. And I love the freaking tee shirt.

More later, gotta go to work in Manhattan today. *Off* all weekend - I'll be in the laboratory.:science:

Last edited:

Zabou

Greetings fcbusters around the World. This week was hell with my little 13month baby girl and her mother sick
with gastroenteritis and me the only one alive beeing dad, mother, Cook, cleaner and nurse at the same time. God, i ll admit it. When wife gets sick life gets fucked, lol.
The only thing that kept from going nuts. Was my trusty Lil Bud. Not the usual one this time, but the New arrival Lil Bud 2!
I consider myself a LB veteran, since i own one LB 1.0 from batch 2 or 3 iirc and i was thinking of sending it back for an upgrade . Mikes Homeless Cherry offer though was a no brainer so i jumped. My old LB had many months of daily use and never failed once, so my new lil fella was going to have a hard time to prove its exicstence. From the first look u can see the difference on shape. Found it really appealing and indeed the grip was firmer with this New design. Backplate is rounded nicely and firts really tight as previous one, though i feel the same with @P.A.M. for the safety tab slot. Enough to make me swap the backplate from my old unit to find out that it fits only if the slot looks up so no point cause the positive must look down. So i sticked with the new BP and i ll do what @P.A.M. did :) which really solves the tab pulling issue.
So as far as exterior looking and appearance, my New LB passes the test.
Many lines have been writen for that New switch too so i just couldnt mention it too. The New switch is A M A Z I N G! And i dont talk about appearance which also is, but the performance is phenomenal. The way u press it gently and "clack" it locks at this firts step it amazing. Yes u can push it further from there, but no need at all. I got really excited from this New switch. I Never had a switch fail with my old bud, i hope this pleasant switch sound feeling Last forever.
So as far as switch test, Mike u nailed it.
Now, the exterior and switch had pass the test. What about the engine?
Mike duuno what struck you that Day when u and @Alan got the New coil forming and that ss foil idea, but man that was a blast! I was amazed to find out that the 3amp New switch combined with the New coil and ss foil was capable to deliver amazing amount of heat to suck in just 5 seconds of button pressing and slow pulling. And then i was able to slowly suck this heat for almost 10secs before i feel no heat at all. The result was really tasty and thick pulls with no char at all. In contrary with LB 1.0, a 5 sec press and pull wasn't going to have enough heat Juice to suck for 10 seconds. Usually a 5-6 sec draw time before cool air comes but not enough heat to give u such big clouds. Tasty yes, but just not so thick. But since i am vet :) with my old bud always had thick and tasty pulls but needed more effort and technique. This one is amazing easy to learn. Press - suck n pull, weed vaping on demand became far more easy even for starters and i really liked it.
Some one said that thew New LB is like Milaana on steroids. I ll dissagree with that my friend cause this New LB 2.0 is like my LB 1.0 on steroids!!
Well done @Bravesst and @Alan. Job well done!
So all tests passed and the New Lil Fella became my daily for now. LB 1.0 Will be missed but not forgoten. As soon as my New Stem arrives it Will be gifted to a friend to keep him amazed till he quits damn combustion.
Cheers ! :science::rockon:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Greetings fcbusters around the World. This week was hell with my little 13month baby girl and her mother sick
with gastroenteritis and me the only one alive beeing dad, mother, Cook, cleaner and nurse at the same time. God, i ll admit it. When wife gets sick life gets fucked, lol.
The only thing that kept from going nuts. Was my trusty Lil Bud. Not the usual one this time, but the New arrival Lil Bud 2!
I consider myself a LB veteran, since i own one LB 1.0 from batch 2 or 3 iirc and i was thinking of sending it back for an upgrade . Mikes Homeless Cherry offer though was a no brainer so i jumped. My old LB had many months of daily use and never failed once, so my new lil fella was going to have a hard time to prove its exicstence. From the first look u can see the difference on shape. Found it really appealing and indeed the grip was firmer with this New design. Backplate is rounded nicely and firts really tight as previous one, though i feel the same with @P.A.M. for the safety tab slot. Enough to make me swap the backplate from my old unit to find out that it fits only if the slot looks up so no point cause the positive must look down. So i sticked with the new BP and i ll do what @P.A.M. did :) which really solves the tab pulling issue.
So as far as exterior looking and appearance, my New LB passes the test.
Many lines have been writen for that New switch too so i just couldnt mention it too. The New switch is A M A Z I N G! And i dont talk about appearance which also is, but the performance is phenomenal. The way u press it gently and "clack" it locks at this firts step it amazing. Yes u can push it further from there, but no need at all. I got really excited from this New switch. I Never had a switch fail with my old bud, i hope this pleasant switch sound feeling Last forever.
So as far as switch test, Mike u nailed it.
Now, the exterior and switch had pass the test. What about the engine?
Mike duuno what struck you that Day when u and @Alan got the New coil forming and that ss foil idea, but man that was a blast! I was amazed to find out that the 3amp New switch combined with the New coil and ss foil was capable to deliver amazing amount of heat to suck in just 5 seconds of button pressing and slow pulling. And then i was able to slowly suck this heat for almost 10secs before i feel no heat at all. The result was really tasty and thick pulls with no char at all. In contrary with LB 1.0, a 5 sec press and pull wasn't going to have enough heat Juice to suck for 10 seconds. Usually a 5-6 sec draw time before cool air comes but not enough heat to give u such big clouds. Tasty yes, but just not so thick. But since i am vet :) with my old bud always had thick and tasty pulls but needed more effort and technique. This one is amazing easy to learn. Press - suck n pull, weed vaping on demand became far more easy even for starters and i really liked it.
Some one said that thew New LB is like Milaana on steroids. I ll dissagree with that my friend cause this New LB 2.0 is like my LB 1.0 on steroids!!
Well done @Bravesst and @Alan. Job well done!
So all tests passed and the New Lil Fella became my daily for now. LB 1.0 Will be missed but not forgoten. As soon as my New Stem arrives it Will be gifted to a friend to keep him amazed till he quits damn combustion.
Cheers ! :science::rockon:

What do I say to that? Holy crap, all I can think of is *Thank You*. Alan was right once again, making people happy is pretty awesome. That switch is making lots of us quite ecstatic.

I just did some minor edits to the web store (love to have a real life Vapwood / Toasty Top store). You are now able to pay for international shipping right at check out, shipping prices stay the same: $10 domestic / $25 Canada / $25 International. Saves me from having to square up on shipping with the international crowd. If there's a glitch, just please email or PM me, and I'll straighten it out.

Right now I think we'd all agree, it's about Time Management. With that in mind, I'm going to need long term goals, as well as good short term plans. I think we know the long term goals, but my daily tasks need to be managed a bit. I want to keep everything moving forward simultaneously:

LOFTY GOALS
Classic - fill next batch / build possible inventory
Elite - prototype October
Quad Bud - introduce as an option for batch 9
Beaded Bud - introduce as an option for batch 9
Timber - prototype November

An Example of Simultaneous Time Management
Vapwood Labs
=============================

Saturday AM

Assemble 1 or 2 Classics

Join some QM and PH for about 3 or 4 blanks
Build a jig to help automate my project with Alan

Saturday Mid Day
Size blanks for some PH / Cherry / Quad Classics

Saturday Late Day
Cut mortises on all blanks, possibly 10 units, including my first Quad Bud

Sunday AM

Assemble 1 or 2 Classics

Sunday Mid Day
Unbox DNC chips / accessories / try and figure out how shit fits together, reread Alan's emails on what has to happen, write down questions or issues. Prepare to order parts for about 10 LB Elites.

Sunday Late Day
Finalize mortises on Classics, route rounded edges, cut to length

Monday AM
Assemble 1 or 2 Classics

Monday Mid Day
Second look at DNC stuff, order parts

Monday Late Day
OFF

-after rereading this, I was reluctant to post. So now you know, I have no life...
:shrug:

Last edited:

KingSol

Ok guys so I received my dad's Homeless cherry LB today, and I don't know who missed out on this one but I am sure glad you did!!! @Bravesst the cherry with the walnut switch box is a real beauty. I put one of Alan's long walnut tubes on it and it looks amazing with the light and dark contrast. I'm not going to let my father know yet, I will wait until I get the walnut battery door before I give it to him. It took a hell of a lot of restraint not to throw a battery in in give it a run. Was tempted to see what the 2.1 feels like but I held out. Besides Mike's quality control check, I think my father should be the first to use it. I have at least 6 new vapes right now and I'm trying to give them all a go but I'm stuck on the flowerpot and LB. LB has been my all day vape and the flowerpot for bedtime. I'm no longer biased against the wood tubes with the LB. I just use a much, much slower draw speed on the tubes with bigger inner diameter. I also don't feel the same about glass. Now, the only glass tubes that I like are the short tubes because of the feedback that I feel on my lips from the heat. Not the same with long glass or Milaana cooling tube, no heat feed back. Peace, I have some more variables to go and consider with my LB, time to get medicated!

RushVaporTrails

A little preheat can go a long way.

Not sure about the rest of you in this LB tribe, but these are the most important words about the LB that I have ever read.

For whatever reason, despite reading this whole thread, despite watching @P.A.M. youtube videos, @Bravesst videos, I was somehow under the impression that if you are pushing the button, you need to be drawing. I thought for some reason you would burn the material if you weren't drawing while pushing the button.

So @P.A.M. and @Bravesst @beyond6strings , remember all the issues I was talking about a few pages back, the batteries, the screens, the moisture of the material, combusting, uneven avb, well....

Holy moly guys and girls, what a difference for me, everything is smooth as silk now.

Been doing a three to five second preheat and pretty much releasing the button soon after I start drawing. I can feel the heat, the vapor and able to produce a wonderful vaping experience.

I feel like I just got called up to the majors after struggling in the minors for a few weeks.

Even my battery issues are over. I thought my lack of vapor was battery related or screen related, but nope, just the preheat issue.

I took a battery out of the LB and put in on the charger and the voltage was 3.42 and I was getting vapor off that. All my batteries have been able to get down to the 3.5 - 3.65 range without vapor issue, not sure how many stems, but its not like it was before when i felt i was not getting proper vapor after a stem or two.

So yes repeating myself, but i want to scream this from the rooftops

YES INDEED,

another very happy LB user on these pages, it just took a little while for me to figure it out. If you knew me, you wouldn't be that surprised about my adventures learning all the nuances.

NOW its

FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!!

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@RushVaporTrails So happy to hear that!

Pressing the button for a few seconds, even 10 or 15 seconds will not by itself lead to combustion, without drawing the heat into the load. Even if you preheat, when you first pull, the vapor doesn't hit your lips immediately, not until the heat is pulled through the herb. That big ball of glowing heat in the coil will stay right there, until you inhale and create some suction. There is no conduction here, no hot surface leaning on the herb. The weed and the heat are separate until you inhale.

Now the pull is unique to everybody, IE: SPEED, FORCE, SUCTION, DURATION. I like the wide open draw, and pull s l o w l y, sensing the vapor production and expansion, as the herb releases its magical goodness. The pack / tamp acts as a built in *filter*, controlling the rate at which the heat can pass through. Too fast, not enough vapor, but too slow due to a dirty screen, combustion is really possible. On the other hand, with a super clogged screen you may simply generate no vapor. When I replace my screen, I'll often go to some hemp fiber to slow the draw down until the screen clogs a bit, and then be sure to pick it clean after each use. A screen will last me a few days to a week like this (of sole use), before I have to replace or clean.

I'm about to attach that busy schedule, normally start at about 8. Look for some pics of blanks, possibly later today, of multi wood stuff. I was discussing possible options / names with one of more creative members. PH / Cherry will be the first blank produced. Technically, this is 3 woods if we change up the switch box, and potential for 5 with stem and back plate.

Potentially, and this would be involved, but without putting any glue in the air path, I can introduce one more wood (4). We can possibly split the battery half of the unit in half (quarter). So one half of the unit would be split side to side, the other half top and bottom (with a different switch box).

3 Wood - Menage a Bud with potential for 5 woods
(projected price PH / Cherry / Walnut SB $219 Bare Bones)

4 Wood - Quad Bud with potential for 6 woods
(projected price PH / Cherry / Walnut / Maple SB $259 Bare Bones)

ATTENTION LB LOVERS
I'm on one of my wood suppliers websites. And let us call this an epiphany, but LB size makes it tough to get exotic woods for. Timber will be easier, as the largest dimension has shrunk. My new multi species Menage and Quad, are also not encumbered by such large sizing restrictions. I can use 1 3/4 inch table leg blanks, while not cheap, will eliminate waste. It also opens it up to choices. I'm about to place an order for 5 woods.

Purple Heart
Walnut
Cherry
White Maple
Zebra Wood

I can do some pretty cool stuff with that. These units will just become another choice within the batches that are currently running. Once I get one built, I'll list on the website as well. If you wanna get ahead of that, email or pm me.

Order placed - I am so psyched to think of a Zebrawood LB.

these are not the actual table leg blanks, but just a random zebrawood image
978uhe.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Very cool Koa. I'm sure I will work that into the mix as well. Now that I'll be working with blanks of all the exact same size, joining will become a more routine matter, allowing me to pull off more elaborate schemes. Of course I can work other stock into the mix, but the process will be simplified when I have 10 boards 30 inch x 1 3/4 inch square, perfectly sized. My final width is about 1 1/8, so plenty to work with. I'll put together something similar this afternoon, but it will be more involved due to the initial sizing necessary. Always nice to eliminate steps.

Got my units assembled. I did a repair of one of the first new switch units. It simply stuck in place. No damage to the unit at all. I replaced the switch without much fuss. I checked out the coil, it was stellar, so kept it. All terminals, screws replaced as well - why not? This cherry unit has darkened so fast, it's kind of incredible. I did finish sand it once again, from 220 to 600 grit, hit it with some heat to even out and bring out the wax already deeply embedded. I'm going to take a picture of the rustic looking cherry unit before I send out.

Taking a break, sipping on my LB and a cuppa coffee. The simple things in life.

EDIT:
Just finished up lunch, hanging with Reddy for a few. I am waiting for the glue to dry on a few multi wood glue ups that were more of a creative effort than anything too technical. Once the glue is dry, I'll run through the planer to bring to full blank size (thickness / width). I'll take some pics, and you'll get a real idea if what I'm shooting for here. Should be enough stock for about ten units. All have 3 woods in the main body, with potential for anything for the switch box, stem, back plate. With a different switch box wood, these truly are Quad Buds. I varied things up, split up the unit differently, but the coil side will be glue free. This was a challenge with all different size stock to start, and will be routine with the table leg square blanks.

Can't believe I'm sitting here waiting for the six hours to go by, as I patiently wait to post my day's accomplishments. Some cools stuff, coming in five minutes.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
My Rustic Cherry repair for the day. It'll be headed home Monday.
2usct3n.jpg

They look good enough to eat. All of these are Quad Bud blanks, the fourth wood would be the switch box, as well options for back plate and mouthpiece. Just posted the Quad Bud for sale on the website. I did the best I could in presenting the options. Lots of choices here, but I narrowed things down a bit by building the blanks. I listed this at $219 bare bones. That originally was the projected price for two woods, even though I went with three. It'll stay at the price for now.

15egsnk.jpg

2mwfhu0.jpg
1ph5ok.jpg
2yyo6cl.jpg
142vwpg.jpg
soba83.jpg
es5mbs.jpg

2aad3it.jpg

So that pretty much was my Saturday...

Last edited:
Top Bottom