Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The quilted Maple with the purple heart switch box is absolutely stunning.
Hard to believe that unit didn't sell. It is quite the workhorse as well as looking pretty.
Sorry if this is a stale question: what's our favorite 18650 for the LB?
I have Samsung 30Q and 25R. If I were to order a new pair of batteries what would you guys suggest?
I like the samsung 30Q, personally. Seems to supply what LB needs.

I think I cut those videos more for myself than anyone. It's like a training video for me. I've watched both and very pleased with the smoothness of the build process. Like I mentioned, it's a huge peek inside Lil' Bud, as well as the process to get it there.

TeeJay1952

Another basic question set: How often do you get a new pair of batteries? Only after signs of wear on wrapper? Only on diminished use time? 6 months? 100 charges?

HerbieVonVapster

Thanks for sharing the video's I really like the look of the heater you used. Doesn't look like you get any hot spots with it. Received the hemp filter so far enjoying the difference it's making.

Really sorry to hear about you're four legged child. Completely understand there family and that always come's first.

The lil bud with out the switch caught my eye too. Wouldn't be that much design change to make a cool side by side battery box mod. Widen out the bowl area to fit chip. Put the 510 connection where the switch would connect. Add couple of hole's for buttons and screen.

Here the guts of one the hana modz dna40. Really not much room would be needed for it.

2qk4ffp.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey All,
Here I am typing with my Lil' Bud, Red sleeping on my lap. Got some Quilted Maple yesterday, very small amount, took a chance on the sizing. Turns out half the pieces are usable, the other half too small, but will make nice blanks for Timber. The seller posted it as *flaming* because the quilts are more in a curly line than circles. I only have a couple of pieces unfortunately, but they will make some pretty Lil' Buds. My new DD, the QM / PH is virtually psychedelic in grain pattern. That kind of quilted is very hard to find, also have one or two of those roughed out.

My wife and I have this week split, and hopefully recovery will happen, or we will have to make some real adjustments. This means I can only work when we are both home, but even then I got to give her time as well. Today and tomorrow I'm going to try and push a bit, get everything assembled that needs to go. Still not 100 percent sure where the cut offs are (cherry, walnut, qm, ph). Tracking will tell you you're in.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@HerbieVonVapster , I like the warning label on your battery lol where does the cell come from and how does it perform ?

@Bravesst ! The videos are great. No boring jokes , think I heard a mantis chewing , @DirtyD could confirm being the BBC expert lol.. but seriously , watch this folks , it's easy to get into it and gives an idea of what goes into a Lil' Bud , not just material wise but also in labor and energy. That's just one piece of the puzzle , one hour of so many more that goes into each LB.. wow !!! Love your screwdriver man, neat length and handle , was I the only one fancying your tools , lol, that's one fine looking centred coil in the sexy curved QMLB , dang!! Love the new LB back end and batt door. Button too , all looks great !! LB 2.0 , Baby!!!

thank you , Mike, for allowing us in your shop!

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

@HerbieVonVapster , I like the warning label on your battery lol where does the cell come from and how does it perform ?

THat's a LGHE4 Picked them up from illunm.com. Bought some for the nomad. They work good in her. There was some issue in first batch with some batteries not fitting. I bought these since it what Dan based design on. Since then have widen battery open so fit's most brands.

Need pick up couple new batteries for my lil bud going go with samsung 30Q. I tend buy batteries based go what manufacture use's.

@Bravesst ! The videos are great. No boring jokes , think I heard a mantis chewing , @DirtyD could confirm being the BBC expert lol.. but seriously , watch this folks , it's easy to get into it and gives an idea of what goes into a Lil' Bud , not just material wise but also in labor and energy. That's just one piece of the puzzle , one hour of so many more that goes into each LB.. wow !!! Love your screwdriver man, neat length and handle , was I the only one fancying your tools , lol, that's one fine looking centred coil in the sexy curved QMLB , dang!! Love the new LB back end and batt door. Button too , all looks great !! LB 2.0 , Baby!!!

Damn I missed the mantis chewing!! j/k I realized there wasn't much sound so I had music going. Like how you held up the parts materials etc as you used installed them. Only half way thru need watch second video.

Make's me appreciated the effort that's going into making mine. There's just something that's more special when I medicate with a handcrafted item. I enjoy the feel of the wood the details that went into design shape.

It's great we have a place like FC to be able share ideals. Support each other in a hobby we all enjoy.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Back on the couch with my boy. Got some shop time, but not much. Will get back down one more time today. I'm gonna wind up assembling a couple more units before I think about packing up. I added a couple of walnut units and am amazed at how this batch of bodies are so easy to work with, in other words flat, square, and all the same. Makes my job so much more fun. The ability to achieve this level of consistency *off the saw*, is what I envisioned from the beginning, and why I under priced Lil' Bud, as it related to how long it took to build a unit - I knew it would improve 10 fold. It did. Thanks loyal first batchers for giving LB a chance to get this far.

For those concerned about future improvements and waiting for LB 3.0, I think you might be waiting a while for enough changes to warrant a third version. However, I do work to improve, add to, the Vapwood product line every chance I get.

Latest, just outta the shop, Figured Black Walnut, always looks so good after hot beeswax finish. Can anyone see the obvious change? Underneath, for those LB nerds who labored through the video, you will find a bit of a different ss foil situation. I found I could punch holes pretty easily instead of cutting out. I knew drilling didn't work well on the think ss. I took it for a test drive and it's hitting like a freight train.
2f558345-f3e1-4774-a89f-8ea8e79ef424.jpg

Last edited:

Slickwilly

@Bravesst hope all turns out well for Reddy your 4 legged family member, they always come first! Our old girl has always come first, we always seem to find the time when she needs it the most. Good luck my friend.

Thanks for the videos :tup:
Watched them both and loved seeing your work plus what goes inside the new 2.0 LB. Makes me even more excited about the 2.0 :rockon:

Your facial concentration and expressions were great. Don't know how you can't talk to yourself when your looking for something and cant find it, that's usually a few curse words for me. You have ever little tool needed and quite the collection of cordless drills to make your life easier.

Ever use a retractable Sharpie? Wont have to remove cap on and off, just push a button. Made my work a little easier.

Thought I heard some Jazz in background? Turned up volume real loud too listen, then you turned on shopvac, woke wife up :lol:

Wood like to see video right over head to watch your work in detail that wood be cool. Did see some work in reflection of your glasses though.

Hard to believe that unit didn't sell. It is quite the workhorse as well as looking pretty.
I was tempted to have the mate to my wife's but didn't do it, changed mind very last minute. Glad to know its in good hands :nod:

Sorry if this is a stale question: what's our favorite 18650 for the LB?
I have Samsung 30Q and 25R. If I were to order a new pair of batteries what would you guys suggest?
I have Samsung 30Qs from Mike and some Sony VTC5As they both work great.

The Sony's seem hotter with fresh battery but don't quite last as long as the Samsung's. Really like https://liionwholesale.com/ for there customer service, legit, good pricing and always fresh batteries.

This case holds LB stems nicely https://liionwholesale.com/collections/battery-cases/products/eva-battery-case?variant=4563958104096

No air intake hole at the front ?
Good eye or should I say Wall Eye :cool:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Back on the couch with Reddy sleeping / healing on my lap. Wife had to go to work today, I'm pretty much in the house all day. I'll slip down to the shop to get my packing materials, and pack up what I can. When she gets home, I plan on assembling one or two more units and that's about it. That just leaves some stir tools, shims, and battery floors before batch 7A ships. 7B will be right behind.

@P.A.M. good eye! Let's face it, I think about building LB day in, day out. This cerebral work, I believe, is why LB has progressed so rapidly. Everything happens in the mind's eye first. So, been thinking about vent holes. Even taped one up to see if I could tell. On this unit, I moved the side vents to be at about 180 degrees apart, opened them up just a bit, and eliminated the front hole. This also changed things for the foil lining, which now only needs 2 holes. I wound up *punching* a hole vs cutting or drilling, creating a nice tight fit. Either way, my Walnut Unit is singing. Taste, smoothness, effect is spectacular.

I think I learned something about sandpaper as well. It's not the 800 / 1000 grit that makes the big difference. Sandpaper clogs pretty fast, you need to swap out often. Look at the crazy finish on the FW beauty.
108h3jo.jpg

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
LB inbound found second hand for a deal! Excited to try one out. Mighty wasn't impressive.. convection on demand seems to be my preferred method of vaporizing
:tup:

:argh: Oh yeah

I think you'll be very happy. I feel the same way-I don't really like the plastic convection session vapes on the market, but I do love the wood on-demand beasties like the LB. I typically start the herbal portion of my day with my LB-love the taste, I can micro-dose, and it feels good in the hand.

Enjoy!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Melts my face off every time too, big help in tough times. Can't get much done, Reddy-sitting, but managed to make and install all the battery floors so I can at least pack up LB's upstairs this afternoon. I've taken off of my other job completely for a week, but have to get back tomorrow. Wife will be home the next two days.

On Sales / Deals / Prototypes
No matter what the deal, price, situation, repair, replacement, I routinely ship once per month. You buy, you go into a batch, unless something else is discussed between us. Buying a prototype or cosmetic flaw puts you in a the next batch, bumping up the size of the batch, but no one goes into their own batch. I need to make this clearer in the future.

Buying a LB may require patience, but a whole lot less patience than some other vapes out there, never mind hand crafted units built one at a time. I think I do need to state this on every sale. The good news is the current quality level of LB will keep it in your hands for years to come.

Stem Balance
Talked about this the other day, now the opposite is happening. I'm so locked in, I can almost do no wrong. My super black figured walnut unit is generating the thickest, smoothest, best tasting vapor to date, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. I've got a drop of hemp fiber just nestled in the top of my stem, nice wide open draw. Literally mouth watering. The heat is hovering in the load just long enough to generate such velvety vapor. Some phenomenal stuff going on. I feel very in control with this unit, I can pull until I feel that rapid vapor build up, let up, and never combust. The balance, and control of it, is the whole thing.

Zow237

Melts my face off every time too, big help in tough times. Can't get much done, Reddy-sitting, but managed to make and install all the battery floors so I can at least pack up LB's upstairs this afternoon. I've taken off of my other job completely for a week, but have to get back tomorrow. Wife will be home the next two days.

On Sales / Deals / Prototypes
No matter what the deal, price, situation, repair, replacement, I routinely ship once per month. You buy, you go into a batch, unless something else is discussed between us. Buying a prototype or cosmetic flaw puts you in a the next batch, bumping up the size of the batch, but no one goes into their own batch. I need to make this clearer in the future.

Buying a LB may require patience, but a whole lot less patience than some other vapes out there, never mind hand crafted units built one at a time. I think I do need to state this on every sale. The good news is the current quality level of LB will keep it in your hands for years to come.

Stem Balance
Talked about this the other day, now the opposite is happening. I'm so locked in, I can almost do no wrong. My super black figured walnut unit is generating the thickest, smoothest, best tasting vapor to date, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. I've got a drop of hemp fiber just nestled in the top of my stem, nice wide open draw. Literally mouth watering. The heat is hovering in the load just long enough to generate such velvety vapor. Some phenomenal stuff going on. I feel very in control with this unit, I can pull until I feel that rapid vapor build up, let up, and never combust. The balance, and control of it, is the whole thing.

Wait. so when i bought the cosmetic 2nd that put me into batch 8? so mine will not be going out in this batch?

Zow237,

TeeJay1952

If it helps I will wait. I am more interested in price than another device. I do not want to go to perpetual bottom but another month will make me feel ok.:rockon::myday: I have 2 Underdogs, 2 Nano a Da Buddha a Zion and a Dynacap so I will survive.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Zow237 Maybe I'm not explaining it right, but the next batch to ship is 7, doesn't matter if it's full, it's about me making a trip to the P.O. You will be in this batch, next trip.

The shortage is on FW units, not so much Cherry. I'll get most of the remaining Cherry units out in the first half of batch 7, but only a few Walnuts. The remaining units will ship in the second half of batch 7 (week or two), not in a month (batch 8). Probably gonna keep batch 8 small to catch up, say 10. The repairs are all caught up, mostly replaced with new units or all new insides. Now that 2.0 is shipping, that should not be the case in the future. Repairs have been the switch pretty much every time. I think the larger switch and switch box will hold up much better, as will the tighter coil and foil lined oven.

As I'm packing up, I realized I better get a pic or two for the website. Here's a nice color contrast, Purple Heart vs Quilted Maple (unit assembled in the video). Kinda reminds me of a blood orange.
fogcuf.jpg

Slickwilly

Those are beauties for sure! :tup:

Well worth the wait, for those lucky 2.0 LB owners!

Purple heart looks like it was brushed on with that straight grain, curious to see what end grain looks like.

Can't wait to see my pair of beauties :love:

Helper

What a difference with the sunlight, at least for the camera it's like two different looks in one. I hope your buddy's recovery will be a quick one, he sounds like he's in great hands.

It's been worth the wait in my opinion. Before I couldn't say I've owned a vape that I saw put together on video, by the owner. Although I did luckily hop on last minute as a bonus :tup:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yes, both of those rare beauties will be traveling soon. Those are just plain old stock walnut stems, thought it would tie it all together. Like chocolate straws in a blood orange smoothie.

After the wife got home, I managed to put together another walnut unit, will ship with first half. Might actually get one or two more units together before I get to Post Office.

I'm going to post my assembly videos on the website for any people who want to see what LB's all about, or just have a thing for watching paint dry.

https://vapwood.com/assembly-video

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC. Been a long few days, but I gotta handle on things once again. Gonna start taking orders differently, no change for the customer, but I'm going to write out the shipping label, order details on the back, when I record the order. This will provide me with a work ticket for each order, that'll be easier to pair with units.

Batch 7 got huge. It includes some repairs, as well as some special offers. All told it's like 30 units, shipping in 2 sub batches.

maxymods

Good morning FC. Been a long few days, but I gotta handle on things once again. Gonna start taking orders differently, no change for the customer, but I'm going to write out the shipping label, order details on the back, when I record the order. This will provide me with a work ticket for each order, that'll be easier to pair with units.

Batch 7 got huge. It includes some repairs, as well as some special offers. All told it's like 30 units, shipping in 2 sub batches.
Noticed you said you were having a little difficulty with repairs so wondering if the repair units will come in the first sub batch or the second? and if they are going to come in second if you had an estimate when that might be? Cant wait to get my lil bud back in my hands! Thanks

Top Bottom