Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@Obsessed 2 , thank you for watching and for your support ! no worries about not commenting, I completely understand. Its nice hearing of your intent to do so , thank you !

I've not had the pleasure of trying a 2 vent holes Lil' Bud yet. I don't see it "changing the game" much versus a 3 hole LB . When using the LB outdoors , I usually cover the front vent hole with my finger regardless . I do release it for a few seconds prior the ending my draw mind you..

The 2 holes are perhaps more "user friendly" versus the early 3 holes LB version . It's not that the 3rd hole isn't useful, it's just not completely necessary for the LB to perform at its peak ..

I think , assumptions... hard to know without having tried a 2 holed version . even taping or blocking it wouldn't feel right being it wasn't conceived that way, know what I mean? I've been wondering myself how a 2 hole LB "feels". same for the angled vent holes I've yet to see and try. the improved post crimping & soldering too..

Haven't had soup in awhile but I'm a keep working hard, taking the blows and vaping on ! Lol. :nod:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Aw gosh, you gonna make me blush ;)

Nice vid, and just today proved you right. Running vtc5 lasted me a day. Luckily I have three back ups fully charged :tup: which will go with my LB out in the wild. Picked up a carrying case from eBay one that you recommended 10K pages ago.

Question because I search on keywords but can't re-find the 3 hole vs 2 hole part. As mine is a previous batch prior to the move to 3 holes, should I be considering drilling a third if the performance is much better. Just spitballing not that I'm eager to drill into it. If anything I'd send it to an expert. Anyway, thanks for the shout-out on YouTube. My other non-vaping identity resides in YouTube so I couldn't comment. :rolleyes: No offense! Sending you virtual nugs of Cherry Kush and Gelato.

When I angled the vent holes, I found I didn't need the third hole. I'd advise against adding another hole, plus it's tricky once the coil and foil are installed.

This week is gonna be an Elite / Classic split as far as work goes. The Classic still represents the absolute most bang for your buck in a wood vape, especially at these sale prices (see my previous post). I was just reading a blog on wood vapes, and they describe them as sensual. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it sure feels good in your hand.

Just to mention, the Elite has been released, and the LB Classic's sister thread has been moved.

Obsessed 2

Did lots of searching on ebay, and wound up spending a small fortune on some walnut and cherry. I had my eye on some *multi colored* walnut, kind of black and blond, but pricing was off the chart. In the end I settled on some highly figured walnut, and some really classic cherry. I have plenty of maple stock as well.

Time for another Classic sale.

When I angled the vent holes, I found I didn't need the third hole. I'd advise against adding another hole, plus it's tricky once the coil and foil are installed.

This week is gonna be an Elite / Classic split as far as work goes. The Classic still represents the absolute most bang for your buck in a wood vape, especially at these sale prices (see my previous post). I was just reading a blog on wood vapes, and they describe them as sensual. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it sure feels good in your hand.

Just to mention, the Elite has been released, and the LB Classic's sister thread has been moved.

Awesome to get your insight! Much appreciated! Yeah, my VAS is out of control with your Classic price drop on top of the Elite!?!? GTFOH! Ya killing me! :science:

Obsessed 2,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
When I angled the vent holes, I found I didn't need the third hole. I'd advise against adding another hole, plus it's tricky once the coil and foil are installed

2 angled hole flow the same or make up for 3 flat holes. Who da thunk, interesting !

P.A.M.,

Obsessed 2

2 angled hole flow the same or make up for 3 flat holes. Who da thunk, interesting !
Seriously. It's colder than a witch's tit here in NJ and covering one hole really helped with the warm-up to optimal temp. Huge difference compared to when I didn't (credit to your vid). No need after that initial.

Clearly much thought went into the design/function. Not just design to make the others ooo & ahh. Haha

The wizardry of magical Mike! Reason I'm heading towards the elite. Man o man...

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Seriously. It's colder than a witch's tit here in NJ and covering one hole really helped with the warm-up to optimal temp. Huge difference compared to when I didn't (credit to your vid). No need after that initial.

Clearly much thought went into the design/function. Not just design to make the others ooo & ahh. Haha

The wizardry of magical Mike! Reason I'm heading towards the elite. Man o man...
Hahahah , well my friend, If colder then a witch's tit in NJ , satans balls must've fell off here in the great white north , things got colder then it was on the North Pole with wind chill factors in the -45 to -50 Celsius a week or two ago . Now that's nippy!

Indeed, amazing what little differences in design can make in performance and how one doesn't know unless trying something different , such as Mike and Alan are doing ; always researching & development and not sitting on the same design.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Indeed, amazing what little differences in design can make in performance and how one doesn't know unless trying something different , such as Mike and Alan are doing ; always researching & development and not sitting on the same design.
What fun would that be? Just about every new build sees some type of tweak. Why not? The whole point is to build the best possible vape with my current skills and resources. If you don't constantly improve and upgrade that will never happen. It can't just be about profit. Like the slogan says, Full Steam Ahead.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The Elite design is complete and it is officially for sale. This week, as I wait for the remainder of Elite specialty parts, I am about to finalize the February batch of classics, which is about half done. I still have a decent inventory of Maple, Cherry, Blended Classics that could get into this batch for $150 Bare Bones.
20190112-163023.jpg

The Elite design is complete and it is officially for sale. This week, as I wait for the remainder of Elite specialty parts, I am about to finalize the February batch of classics, which is about half done. I still have a decent inventory of Maple, Cherry, Blended Classics that could get into this batch for $150 Bare Bones.
20190112-163023.jpg
That is such a bargain for a high quality handmade product.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning Lil' Buddies. I'm happy to say the Classic is still selling like hot cakes. Walnut and Cherry remain the most popular units, and I have plenty. While waiting for my Elite parts and coil material, I've made real headway on this current batch. I'm going to do my best to get these units brought up to speed and placed in the February batch, but no promises.

While the Elite, I feel, can handle the wide open 18 mm (14 ID) tube, the Classics benefit greatly from the glass lined cooling tube, but to each his own. Either way, I'm stocked up and ready to build.

The Blend design is being discontinued as a stock item. So the units that I've been posting, plus a couple of DD's that I'm letting go, are the only blends left. All bare bones at $150.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Making some real progress on February's batch, just about ready for final assembly. My process has gotten quite streamlined with very little wasted effort. I'm happy to be bringing this batch to completion on time, even in the midst of developing the Elite (done and done). So whether you're a manual, self regulation lover, or can't resist the state of the art assist of the Elite, we got your back. 2019 is looking very bright for Vapwood.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Last night and again this morning I used my long cherry stem without glass lining. It's a great way to mix up the experience. The length does a great job for me with control and cooling, and it's a different flavor experience too. A bit more roasted, but still yummy and somehow it feels a bit thicker too.

Obsessed 2

@Zak McKracken , I have no experience with the splinter, but having researched this quite a bit, if the joint is 19/22, yes, it'll work; however, if the joint is 19/19, no I don't think it'll work. Splinter joints changed sometime in the summer of 2018 for 19/22 to 19/19.
I personally wouldn't use a water tube on top of my believed LB regardless of how cool it will make the vapor. I'd go longer tube or obstructed pathway tube, similar to a vigreux tube or a glass tube with steel strips inside ala Lamart.

*EDIT: just saw their disclaimer that it's not to be used with water. My bad.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Hi guys!I like the strength of Lil Bud,but I find harsh for my throat.Living in EU also makes ordering stems a hassle(customs! ).Does anyone know if the splinter cooling mouthpiece https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/rbt-splinter-cooling-mouthpiece/ will fit?

Also @P.A.M. what kind of O-ring do you use for the J hook?Thanks !

They fit and give a really great cooling, best cooling of all my stems :)

Another advantage of the Lil'Bud, nearly every stem out there seems to fit.

As I wrote, I've been so stupid to order my Lil'Bud without a stem.

At home, I prefer the long XL8R or the linked cooling mouthpiece. They both perform great, the XL8R is harsher, but hits a little harder.
On the go I take one of Eds stems, or my favourite atm to be honest, one of Lamarts wooden capsule stems with a spiky cool glass insert and the SB dosing capsules.

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_77&product_id=336

And if you are looking for some J-Hook adapter, the RBT water adapters do also fit.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Hey Zak @Zak McKracken ,

I have a piece of silicone tube over my roasting tube to create the tube to glass seal . I had received to piece of tubing with my HI log awhile back , not too sure where you'd find one if you don't have some already. I wanted to ask @Alan to ship me a few pieces if he had some left and forgot about it .

Yeah if you find the stock tube abit harsh or hot. The jhook will definitely help. I've been getting GREAT extraction results using the j-hook on LB , not to mention the fat rips that come with it .

Edit : a o-ring could work too !

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Hi guys!I like the strength of Lil Bud,but I find harsh for my throat.Living in EU also makes ordering stems a hassle(customs! ).Does anyone know if the splinter cooling mouthpiece https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/rbt-splinter-cooling-mouthpiece/ will fit?

Also @P.A.M. what kind of O-ring do you use for the J hook?Thanks !
While it fits, the distance from the bowl to the heater changes.. and possibly not for the better. I've not tried this as I purchased Alan's cooling stem with my Lil Bud.. I just tried this using the RBT XL8R and it does work, but this was a quick hit and done as it's early in the day here.

@Alex3oe seems to have good experience with this combo.. I'd just not tried as those stems are always on my Milaana 2 and Splinter Z

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I love you guys putting your own spin on Lil' Bud. The simple design is a powerhouse that lends itself to a lot of customization. Very cool. I am really not used to having an LB inventory. You can sneak into the February Classic batch for $140 bare bones (add $10 priority shipping / add $20 two batteries / add $25 tube / add $35 glass lined tube).

Deal of the Day
Cherry / Purple Heart
20190220-170821.jpg

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
So it happened.. a friend who has used a few of my vapes wanted to try the Lil Bud.. dude don't hold the button so long.. yup, he combusted in no time. I have the optional glass lined Alan stem.. I'll be cleaning the glass and screen in alcohol, any tips on cleaning the wood stem to remove the awful ass taste?

YaMon,
Reactions: bossman

KidFated.

Unknown Member
So it happened.. a friend who has used a few of my vapes wanted to try the Lil Bud.. dude don't hold the button so long.. yup, he combusted in no time. I have the optional glass lined Alan stem.. I'll be cleaning the glass and screen in alcohol, any tips on cleaning the wood stem to remove the awful ass taste?
High percentage alcohol. Moonshine works best. Dampen a q tip and give it a good scrub, let dry and don’t forget to condition the wood to avoid over drying the wood. Plenty of wooden stems and vaporizers cleaned over here this way.

Damp q tip, not soaked.

caseball2051

I actually had my first combustion event the other day cause I was reckless using my unit with my water pipe. I found I prefer native stems over h20.

Anyways because of the way the stem is made you should only need to clean the screen and glass insert.

If you take the glass out you'll notice there's a wooden notch that holds the glass in place. I think that prevents vapor fromcoming around the glass. So almost all the flavor comes through the glass.

I soaked my screen and tossed it. It never got clean enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom