• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC!

Deal of the day Maple / Cherry or PH: $150
Optional Maple Cooling Tube: $35 (standard tube $25)
Optional Batts: $20 for 2 Samsung 30Q
Shipping: free first class (Friday)
20190112-162952.jpg

20190111-171911.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've been busy with the Elite, but plan on getting back to simplicity for a few days. I'm going to start the Ambrosia Maple, Walnut, Cherry batch that's on order for February - just to stay ahead of things while I develop the Elite. Most of the work right now is on the total refinement of the cover plate, as well as mastering the software. Hopefully, I'll get some cool Ambrosia pics up soon!

THeJokEr

I've been busy with the Elite, but plan on getting back to simplicity for a few days. I'm going to start the Ambrosia Maple, Walnut, Cherry batch that's on order for February - just to stay ahead of things while I develop the Elite. Most of the work right now is on the total refinement of the cover plate, as well as mastering the software. Hopefully, I'll get some cool Ambrosia pics up soon!
Yes, Good idea Lets start on that February batch :p

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not to neglect my Classic Buds, while the last couple of days have been about testing the Elite, it's also been about building the Classic. I have a small batch of Cherry, Ambrosia, Walnut working. They are looking really cool, and I'm realizing the Classic happens quick. I made a couple of extra to add to my quick-ship inventory.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Did someone say Deal of the Day?

These are exquisite units, very *cherry* in fact. Function is stellar. Materials used vary, but this batch is an example of the Classic / Blend at the height of craftsmanship.

SHIPS FREE THURSDAY / FRIDAY OF THIS WEEK: $150 BARE BONES
add
TUBE: $25
GLASS INSERT: $10
BATTERIES (2): $20
GAUGE: $40
PRIORITY: $10

20190112-163023.jpg

1) Maple / Cherry 2) Cherry / PH 3) PH / Walnut / Maple / PH 4) PH / Cherry / Maple / PH 5) Maple / PH

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just on ebay, having a hard time finding nice walnut and cherry, but I finally found what I need. Not cheap.

Coupon code: MOREWOOD saves you 10 percent across the board site wide / 24 hours only.

Bravesst,
Reactions: KidFated.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm cleaning today and the glass liner on my 4" Alan tube was super sticky to remove. I clean glass in the usual way but how shall I best clean the inside of the wooden tube?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Tube Cleaning
My advice is to take a blow dryer and heat it. If it's a tight fit, it can get pretty stuck. I might come apart after a session, just be gentle. The inside of the wood should be pretty clean. You can scrape out the tip with a small pocket knife blade - gently. You can help prevent this from happening if you occasionally rotate the glass insert.

ONE DAY SALE
Any unit listed in post #2456 comes with a free standard roasting tube (add $10 for glass insert) TODAY ONLY. This unit will ship with the batch of February Classics.

New heat gun arrived, this halted my work on this Classic batch for a couple of days. It's important to apply finish right after pre-assembly, before electronics are installed. On my very first unit, the old girl just died out. I'll be back at this Classic batch over the weekend.

The Elite is moving along quite well...

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I use whiskey instead of iso for cleaning wood parts
Nice touch! I'm over 8years sober and would still rather use whiskey over iso on wood if going that route. Im not a fan of cleaning glass or any vape related item with iso but I still do for glass. Rarely do I get a craving for booze.. Focker! Haha jokes , all good :) If i started doing that one thing is for sure , my tubes would always be spotless! :lol:

@bossman , I usually scrape clean my standard LB roasting tubes like Mike suggests. I haven't cleaned my glass lined tubes yet..i can see which section of the tube got sticky. Please let us know how you went about it , I'll have to do it at some point too, give all tubes a rigorous cleaning .

Both the Classics and the Elite's are looking great , Mike.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Maple Mayhem,

All maple units on sale at $140 Bare Bones with free first class shipping. Add $30 for tube with glass insert. I have Maple / Cherry and Maple / PH. This maple was recycled from New York Public School *blocks*, rock hard, very stable, glass like finish.
20190112-162952.jpg

DirtyD

As far as smelly vape stank goes, the lil bud has none. The tube of course has some light lovely aroma but the body has none. Cleanest vaporizer i own, no build up in vape itself due to design. Also, i really assumed (way back a long time ago) that wood wouldn't be a good material to build a vaporizer out of. Boy was i ever wrong.
This is my favorite vape that has a button to push. Such a simple machine, yet you can get a huge amount of work out of the lb once you get the puck and the inhale techniques down. Pure tasty hits of material, pushed as far as you want, each time you mash the button. Still getting facemelt from my gen 1 lil bud, cheers to Mike and all! D.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I second that , the LB is not a smelly vape! @DirtyD knows what the LB is about . Very maintenance free, facemelting and more! Loving my gen1 figured Walnut LB too DirtyD, very tasty !

My new tray . Another dollar store find, made of laminated bamboo , perfect to hold my "Kit" , helping keep needed accessories together and easy to find/sto-away. At $4cdn , can't really go wrong. Nice display of a great vape if anything :) see how the Cherry 2.0LB is aging well.
IMG-3600.jpg

@caseball2051 , you wondered if any case options for LB, here is a eBay find for under $5 , search words were probably "vape case" or "Mod case" maybe ...
IMG-3601.jpg

IMG-3602.jpg

Or another option under $5 on eBay for a more spacious & heavier protection is the foam padded "gopro" case remodeled for LB ..just cuz PAM says so :tup: I couldn't find it for photo , I'll post it some other time .

Later gaters

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Did lots of searching on ebay, and wound up spending a small fortune on some walnut and cherry. I had my eye on some *multi colored* walnut, kind of black and blond, but pricing was off the chart. In the end I settled on some highly figured walnut, and some really classic cherry. I have plenty of maple stock as well.

Time for another Classic sale.

Walnut 15% OFF SALE - coupon code: winterwalnut
20181229-133428.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm headed postal with a repair. It seems that the battery terminals can get crushed a bit, and while this is a quick repair, most will have to send back. My advice is to be gentle with the battery insertion, as well as the safety tab insertion. As the final tweaks are put on the Elite, the Classic still has its place as an inexpensive, reliable, vape powerhouse.

$150 Bare Bones - Any Fully Assembled Unit Ships Tomorrow (from left, 1, 2, 3, 5)
20190112-163023.jpg

DirtyD

If my batt terminals get squished a bit I insert gently and carefully a small flathead screwdriver and gently pry one or both back up. Carefully, as you don't want to separate the terminal hooks from the guts of the vape.
Ps only had to do this 2 or three times since I've had lil bud.( gen 1). Use at yer own risk.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Yeah , the battery terminal are really easy to pry back to position and they usually remain in position for another while.. perhaps the unit returned was really , really squished . I could do Battery terminals repairs, people might find a screwdriver instead of shipping to Canada lol
Ps. I've done it a shit loads of times.
Quite sure it happens to @beyond6strings and others too, I recall joking with Mike & Beyon about "who doesn't drop their LB" while talking about squished terminal Last summer .

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yeah , the battery terminal are really easy to pry back to position and they usually remain in position for another while.. perhaps the unit returned was really , really squished . I could do Battery terminals repairs, people might find a screwdriver instead of shipping to Canada lol
Ps. I've done it a shit loads of times.
Quite sure it happens to @beyond6strings and others too, I recall joking with Mike & Beyon about "who doesn't drop their LB" while talking about squished terminal Last summer .

Yep, my Cherry LB slipped and fell, again, and I've actually got a little 1/8th tsp 'tool' that is perfect for getting the battery terminals back where they belong.

And my LB is my DD and has been since August of last year. It has totally quenched my VAS, unless and until the Timber makes an appearance. And if that lucky day occurs you may never hear from me again. I will have all the vapes I'll ever need.

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
@beyond6strings, I totally agree that the LB blend has quenched my VAS and is my DD as well. My arizer air sits in the drawer if I want to use a different devise. All I wanted was a convection portable powerhouse that's a beauty to look at. It sits on the tv stand like an art piece. I connect it to my glass and just milk it. I've gotten the dark brown hotspot by not breathing fast enough and mashing the button, but never combusted. Thanks Mike!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Glad so many are pleased. I do have some bad news... Ambrosia Maple may be a bust. I have to contact those people who've purchased, and offer them other options. I actually like hard white maple much better. I don't want to put questionable wood in someone's hands. The grain isn't smooth, rather raggedy, Don't like the way the taper joint looks / feels. It also has a bit of an odor, a bit perfume like, I could pick it up in my shop. Also, wood too moist, and that may just be function of this stock, not all Ambrosia. I have some Maple / Cherry and Maple / PH that are not only awesome, but can ship Monday. Live and learn. Back to Cherry, Walnut, and Hard Maple.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Sad news, the Ambrosia wood looked so nice :(

I friend liked the Lil Bud so much, I had to order one for him and we decided for the Ambrosia.

But we're not into a hurry, take you time, I'm sure you'll figure out something :)

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
While Ambrosia looks nice, we have to put function first. I'm working on a cool replacement. In the meantime, forming some coils. I've gotten a bit quicker. This is the result of a about half a day's work. They still need to be finalized and mounted to disks, with the perfect coil shape locked in.
20190203-070600.jpg

Top Bottom