Liger banger V2.0

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
So a standard chinese flat coil will be a no-go with the v3?

Here are the dimensions that Josh gave me:
"This system will utilize the standard 20mm heater coil, so having both 20mm coil & flat coil isn't a bad idea!
FYI: Flat Coil specs: (ID 9mm OD 26mm) 20mm Coil specs: (ID 20mm H 18mm) "

Hope that helps:)

Last edited:

KimDracula

Here are the dimensions that Josh gave me:
Flat Coil specs: (ID 9mm OD 26mm)

I think that's pretty standard. The coils on the High Five site have those measurements listed so it doesn't sound like you'd have to have one made or anything.

KimDracula,
Reactions: grokit

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I think that's pretty standard. The coils on the High Five site have those measurements listed so it doesn't sound like you'd have to have one made or anything.
I had to have one made as the Gimido he recommended did not come with the correct size for the flat coil.

PoopMachine

Same of the flat coils have a smaller inner opening. I had to buy a 10mm one for my Happy Daddy nail.

PoopMachine,

Monsoon

By the by, I did open the G9 and confirm that it was the Omron 5Ecc QX with the external SSR which is supposed to be better. I note, however, that displayed temp drops about 5 degrees F and over shoots by about 8 degrees. Maybe if I let it settle some more and everything reaches equilibrium this would stablize but I really think its due to the hysteresis and relay output time setting which I just ain't going to mess with (I did download the Omron manual but I'm not getting into its programming anytime soon...or I will probably end up buying another LOL).
Look up the section on auto-tuning in the manual and then run that. Might improve accuracy a bit but otherwise under 10F variance isn't as bad as some other units out there and of course way better than a torch.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

Maybe I'll have to try an even lower temp. I've been at 650.

The first time I went to place the SiC insert in the bucket it wouldn't really fit, but that was because it was cold, so I heated it up first.

Regarding the stem extending into the bucket, you can adjust that. Just unscrew the vapor bucket a bit. Along with the vapor bucket locking nut you can get everything aligned how you like it (especially for different rigs with 45 degree joints, for instance). Even the coil nut that keeps the e-nail coil in place is reversible, allowing for a slight difference in barrel coil width. Pretty awesome stuff. I had to play with it for about an hour to get comfortable with my setup including the airflow setting on the Storm Cell cap.

EDIT: Regarding an adapter and keeping the heat away from glass: it seems unnecessary IMO since the joint seems to get warm rather than hot. I'm still using one for the moment to gauge the difference in reclaim accumulation but then I'll ditch the cumbersome thing, I think.
Hi - you bring up a good point. I have my Storm carb cap set for three holes. As far as I can tell, the four notches correspond to the number of air holes opened up in the cap.

What have others found to be the best notch to set the carb cap at. I know its dependent on how much resistance you like, but I rather found the three hole and my glass to be a bit too open.

What do you use?

Baron23,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Banger%20G9%20and%20C2%20Glass.jpeg

Got mine last....oh, Thurs/Fri and just had the chance to use it yesterday with new G9 enail.

By the by, I did open the G9 and confirm that it was the Omron 5Ecc QX with the external SSR which is supposed to be better. I note, however, that displayed temp drops about 5 degrees F and over shoots by about 8 degrees. Maybe if I let it settle some more and everything reaches equilibrium this would stablize but I really think its due to the hysteresis and relay output time setting which I just ain't going to mess with (I did download the Omron manual but I'm not getting into its programming anytime soon...or I will probably end up buying another LOL).

Like the others above, the quality of this piece is only matched by the quality of Josh's customer service and friendliness. I also found an extra quartz insert with my ordered SiC a a bonus due to delay. I will take the money I would have paid for this insert had I ordered and use it for a future purpose with CCA 710.

I am not an experienced dabber. I have use a box mod and DT atomizers for the most part. So, first thing I did was blow myself out of the water with this banger and needed to recline on the couch for a good couple of hours....no movement or though allowed LOL. It worked beautifully.

Josh told me he runs at 600 F and Chase from Terpy Tues told me he runs at 590. I ran the first time at 635 and the second at 600 and found 600 to be more than adequate with carb cap. Nice puddle in the insert, put on carb cap and wow....instant milk.

Question, I'm thinking about digging around for an 18mm male to 18 mm female low profile adapter just to seperate the banger from the main piece of glass (for sticking, or whatever). Smart or just too anal of a waste of time?

Again my thanks to everyone who helped me on FC, particularly @mrbonsai420, @SamuraiSam , @Monsoon and of course Josh of CCA 710!!

Ah shit....there goes the tolerance. LOL

P.S. the glass looks so clean due to T-dub's tip and instructions on using PBW to clean glass with. You can't see the light tint, but also from T-dub's guidance, I have a few drops of cranberry extract to prevent build-up (like RezBlock but cheaper). Cheers

P.S.S - question for you guys, to get the insert into the bucket, I had to remove the stem (just unscrew it) as a very little bit of stem extends into the bucket. I thought perhaps this was by design as now the insert can't accidentally fall out, but is this just happen stance on how mine was originally assembled or is this by design? I'm fine with it this way...for reason of security of the insert as mention....but wondering if this is all of them or just me?

It's not 100% necessary but I do and would on your rig. I would use a drop down just for joint sticking and reclaim reasons. Even though the Liger produces very little, the reclaim it does produce will be caught in your dropdown and can be retrieved with just a little heat and makes the BEST edibles.

and Yes, you should be able to lock the insert in with the threads of the body. BUT they shouldn't put pressure against the bucket when threaded fully, it should go above the insert and lock it in. This is your choice, since you have a lock nut, you can lock it in place before the threads go through to avoid this if you want to be able to remove yours easily.

I go higher temps sometimes too, play around, nothing is set in stone.

Baron23

I've been using the second most restrictive setting on the Storm Cell.
Hi Kim - thanks...I had thought the same and yesterday set to the second from the left looking down (2nd most restrictive) and I worked much better.

It's not 100% necessary but I do and would on your rig. I would use a drop down just for joint sticking and reclaim reasons. Even though the Liger produces very little, the reclaim it does produce will be caught in your dropdown and can be retrieved with just a little heat and makes the BEST edibles.

and Yes, you should be able to lock the insert in with the threads of the body. BUT they shouldn't put pressure against the bucket when threaded fully, it should go above the insert and lock it in. This is your choice, since you have a lock nut, you can lock it in place before the threads go through to avoid this if you want to be able to remove yours easily.

I go higher temps sometimes too, play around, nothing is set in stone.
Hi Bonsai - yes, threads are completely above the insert with no interference. As someone suggessted, if I want to mess with the other end where the stem goes into the body then I can probably get the bucket and body to be parallel (both vertical when on the glass) with no thread extending it. But, its not even a full thread and serves to keep the insert in place just in case so I'm going to leave it that way. Just back off the lock nut, screw out the bucket a 1/2 turn, and insert goes in and out. I'm going to leave it as is for now. Thanks again as always for your patience with me.

Any yeah, I'm going to get a drop down just to keep the main glass good and, as you said, it makes it much easier to collect reclaim (now why didn't I think of that LOL).

Oh, just in case anybody felt that I was not properly initiated into the world of enails and dabs, yes Virginia...I did burn myself the first time I used it! HAHA Nothing bad, but it was a definite wake up call.

Cheers guys

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Glad you like it.
As you guys know all of the v3 stuff will have encased coils for even better heat efficiency. Plus the V3 storm cell has a rounded bottom so you can really change the trajectory of the air flow for the 30mm beast. It may not be necessary for the 16 or 20mm I really don't know yet but it looks really cool!

And as far as the flat coil 30mm version of the V3, it will NOT need a custom flat coil. Any flat coil will fit within the following specs: I.D. 9mm+, O.D. up to 27mm (therefore for optimal fit: ID 9mm & OD 26mm). All flat coils will work, most will simply be smaller then OD 26mm.

20160729_130214-1_zpsmmrujxae.jpg

_WaxPayne_

Glad you like it.
As you guys know all of the v3 stuff will have encased coils for even better heat efficiency. Plus the V3 storm cell has a rounded bottom so you can really change the trajectory of the air flow for the 30mm beast. It may not be necessary for the 16 or 20mm I really don't know yet but it looks really cool!

And as far as the flat coil 30mm version of the V3, it will NOT need a custom flat coil. Any flat coil will fit within the following specs: I.D. 9mm+, O.D. up to 27mm (therefore for optimal fit: ID 9mm & OD 26mm). All flat coils will work, most will simply be smaller then OD 26mm.

That looks awesome ! Love the fact you cant even see the coil. Also seeing the carb cap gives a better impression on how itll work. I use a cap from one of the cheap grail style quartz bangers that has a similar rounded surface but no airholes in it like this new storm cell will have. Looking good so far :)

@Baron23

This is the dropdown I use and it works well for collecting reclaim and keeping everything clean and safe as @mrbonsai420 stated. It's cheap and so you can buy multiples for different pieces/backup.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/best-design-2016-14mm-18mm-glass-dropdown/385715302.html

Last edited:
_WaxPayne_,
Reactions: BHOmb.

Baron23

That looks awesome ! Love the fact you cant even see the coil. Also seeing the carb cap gives a better impression on how itll work. I use a cap from one of the cheap grail style quartz bangers that has a similar rounded surface but no airholes in it like this new storm cell will have. Looking good so far :)

@Baron23

This is the dropdown I use and it works well for collecting reclaim and keeping everything clean and safe as @mrbonsai420 stated. It's cheap and so you can buy multiples for different pieces/backup.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/best-design-2016-14mm-18mm-glass-dropdown/385715302.html
Thanks for link to drop down. :tup:

As to the threads of the stem extending just a tiny bit into the bucket, both @mrbonsai420 and Josh both confirmed that this is by design to keep the expensive inserts from erroneously thinking they can fly and landing on the floor LOL Yes, I know I can back the stem a bit out of the body so as to be able to screw on the bucket with no threads extending and still be vertical, but I'm with Josh....nice elegant and subtle design feature IMO.

Again, I must extend my compliments to Josh. As with others, he sent me an extra insert due to delay. I will spend that money with him on V3 stuff when it comes out. His customer service is just outstanding. AND he answers my never ending emails (whereas I believe that I have worn out Bonsai's last nerve with "hey, but why is the sky blue" beginner questions!;) LOL)

This thing is just a beautiful piece of work offered by a great craftsman and apparently a great fellow.

Cheers

NevadaPradah

Glad you like it.

Just saw this an WHOA!!!!!!!!!! i didn't even know about the enclosed coil

And the rounded carb cap looks genius.

Just making me want it even more..

No update on the release date?

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks for link to drop down. :tup:

As to the threads of the stem extending just a tiny bit into the bucket, both @mrbonsai420 and Josh both confirmed that this is by design to keep the expensive inserts from erroneously thinking they can fly and landing on the floor LOL Yes, I know I can back the stem a bit out of the body so as to be able to screw on the bucket with no threads extending and still be vertical, but I'm with Josh....nice elegant and subtle design feature IMO.

Again, I must extend my compliments to Josh. As with others, he sent me an extra insert due to delay. I will spend that money with him on V3 stuff when it comes out. His customer service is just outstanding. AND he answers my never ending emails (whereas I believe that I have worn out Bonsai's last nerve with "hey, but why is the sky blue" beginner questions!;) LOL)

This thing is just a beautiful piece of work offered by a great craftsman and apparently a great fellow.

Cheers

Man you aren't getting on my nerves. I LOVE talking about this stuff. Electronics, gadgets, enails, medicating with THC. Talking about this shit and sharing knowledge is one of my favorite things to do.

Looking forward to the next CCA beta package from Colorado for sure. I will keep you guys in the loop when the new stuff lands.

Just saw this an WHOA!!!!!!!!!! i didn't even know about the enclosed coil

And the rounded carb cap looks genius.

Just making me want it even more..

No update on the release date?
No release date yet. It totally depends on if the beta team has any changes that need to be implemented before release. I'll keep you posted when I know something.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Very interesting thread! Thx a lot guys :tup:

But still waiting for reviews D-Nail HALO vs. CCA Liger (quartz/ esp. SiC) :wave:

Hogni,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

But still waiting for reviews D-Nail HALO vs. CCA Liger (quartz/ esp. SiC) :wave:

I had a Quartz halo for a short time and sold it. I have hit the Sic as well and I like the Liger better. I have not hit the sapphire halo yet but there weren't many and they were pretty steep. The next generation enail thread was started by the Dnail beta tester and there you will get a lot of info on the Halo, but head to head the Liger wins for real.

And Quartz vs. SiC is a fun topic all on it's own. I have been using quartz for 2 weeks straight. About to switch back to SiC. I like them both but if I had to pick 1 SiC is king although there is nothing like that first hit off of a freshly cleaned quartz! Josh's inserts are the best quality you can imagine. I have only seen such quality in the likes of $$$ big money Bangers and swings.

mutten840

@Hogni I have also had the Quartz and SiC halo dishes and have since retired both now that I have my Liger V2. The Halo might have had more air pass through and a larger area to dab on. But it was also very very wasteful and once I started getting the hang of the Liger. I was shocked at how much more efficient it was with less concentrate. I can still take big dabs from it. But find I prefer the smaller dabs and get plenty cooked off of less in the end. The clean up is also much easier as there is less to deal with since it is so efficient. Lastly it is a sexy beast the liger is and it comes in many colors. I ended up having to buy a bunch of extra shit to make my Halo as adaptable as the liger came by default. I also agree that the sapphire sounded nice, but was expensive as hell and came with no warranty what so ever. I think if something happened to anything Josh sold. He would stand behind it as he is on spot with customer service and making sure you are happy with what you got.

200.gif

Hogni

Ohh...thx...very quick responses!

I'm a newbie to concentrates aside of hash. But I like them very much and will do more.
Still torching but going to enail. For best tastes ready for investing in high class nails.
Up to now I was flirting with the idea to buy the SiC Halo, but now?
Would like to wait for v3 with SiC cause of Josh's permanent improvements. Will there only be the 30mm version?
ATM I prefer .05 to .1 dabs. So I think 16mm would be the best for me?
The storm cell looks awesome and its construction sounds so.

Last edited:
Hogni,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ohh...thx...very quick responses!

I'm a newbie to concentrates aside of hash. But I like them very much and will do more.
Still torching but going to enail. For best tastes ready for investing in high class nails.
Up to now I was flirting with the idea to buy the SiC Halo, but now?
Would like to wait for v3 with SiC cause of Josh's permanent improvements. Will there only be the 30mm version?
ATM I prefer .05 to .1 dabs. So I think 16mm would be the best for me?
The storm cell looks awesome and its construction sounds so.

The V3 will come in all 3 sizes I believe. And no need to wait though unless you just want the 30mm for monster dabs. The encased coil will make it a little more efficient but the V2 works flawlessly and wouldn't be outdated or obsolete. It's just a different design. In fact my sister still uses a 16mm v1 Liger. She has a halo clone but prefers even the V1 liger w/ Quartz insert.
I know the Liger paid for itself in no time just in concentrate conservation. I would get the 20mm, I usually take small dabs (although several in a row) and I prefer the larger surface area of the 20mm. The 30mm might be overkill for me but I can't wait to find out!

Hogni

I have to wait anyway until a friend of mine will travel to the US next time in spring '17 and will bring along a lot of dab stuff for me. Shipping to G. is very expansive and taxes too. Money I prefer to invest better in more stuff ;-)

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

0h7Nzex.jpg

:D

JAARhoD.jpg

I've had both for awhile now and agree that. for the most part, that CCA > D-Nail.
When using the same dabbing surface, that is SiC vs SiC and Quartz vs. Quartz, the Liger V2 lets less reclaim into one's dropdown/rig.
So it's definitely more efficient.

However, the D-nail Sapphire Halo is still the winner.
So much so, that I really don't use the V2 Liger.

Now, when Sapphire inserts for the Liger V3 come out I suspect that I will change my tune.
And that 3-D Hurricane carb-cap looks tasty; I saw a reeeeaallly big PukinBeagle banger/carb-cap combo that utilized this idea and it looked trick.
The merging of superior material and design is making me salivate.

More Liger porn:

dZB4i65.jpg

:D

Top Bottom