Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

clouded vision

@ElevatedMindset , I would suggest something bigger than a bubbler, a medium sized (around 12 inches or so) with moderate diffusion is a great match for the LSV, I love my GBD honeycomb that I have posted before but due to a small crack that is getting bigger,I know I need to replace it before long, I'm seriously looking at a SC tube based in lwien but I want the stemless design concept they posted once so I'm trying to wait it out, I'm also looking at the jet waterpipes despite the owners outbursts on here because I like the design of that one better, if only it were 18mm like everything else I own.

@ataxian I think the SSV first is your best bet. You already have the VAP2 for flavor and the VTHW to use with a water pipe similar to the LSV. I just bought a used SSV on a whim and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I'm not trying to disagree with you clouded vision but I'm currently using a couple of low volume pieces with a medium/low level of diffusion with my LSV and I'm absolutely loving the flavour I get from them, obviously it's a personal thing but they seem to cool the vapour just the right amount for me while still retaining a lot of the taste. Also I have a fairly low tolerance since I only vape on the weekend so the small volume means I can milk them up to get lots of flavour without having to take large hits.

Another bonus was that I got two sweet pieces for only a little more than I would have paid for one, which meant I was able to leave one at a friends house that I'm at regularly on the weekend so I don't have to risk breakages bringing stuff back and forth.

My home piece, a Colie Glass Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead, is my favourite of the two in terms of looks and maybe function, it's a very close call. I use mine with very little water, just enough to cover the showerhead, and it's an absolute winner in my books.

thick_mini_showerhead_can_bubbler_water_pipe__f57f005b.jpg

The piece I use at my friends house is the Colie Glass Thick Inline Bubbler which I like because it's practically impossible to tip when on the table that gives me some peace of mind, obviously I still take a certain amount of care with it as if it actually gets knocked off the table onto the hard floor it could take damage. Once again I'd say the small volume of the piece means it retains the flavour of the vapour nicely. In fact the only real disadvantage of this piece is it's somewhat hard to empty all the water out of it once I've finished using it. Also there is the slightly phallic nature of the mouthpiece but if anything that encourages us all to have a good laugh when we're using it so it's not a problem in my eyes, merely a talking point.

thick_inline_bubbler_waterpipe-_18mm_-_flower_bowl_included__55054262.jpg

I have to say I'm very tempted to get larger honeycomb piece like clouded vision has for bigger rips and a while back I came so close to pulling the trigger but I decided to go for a lower volume first and I'm so glad that I did. Not that a larger piece isn't on the cards, I'm just waiting for my bank balance to recover first.

Another low volume piece I was tempted to purchase when ordering my other pieces was the Colie Glass Double Stack which I made a post about here but I can't seem to see it on the store page any more. If you are interested you could use the contact seller button on the right hand side of the store page to ask if it's still available.

I believe quite a few members on the forum have purchased JhanPixel's UFO Circ Bubbler including one of my fellow countrymen GSH. He seemed very happy with it and he even posted a video of him using it with his Solo, I have to say from looking at that video that it looks to have a very good level of diffusion. If you have any question about this piece then I recommend asking a member who owns it to see what they think.

I mention this piece because it has a volume that is a fair bit larger than the stuff I use but still significantly smaller than the standard 12"-14" bubblers we see a lot of on the forum.

If you choose to go with something in the 12" and up area then you will be spoilt for choice as both the sellers I have already mentioned, JhanPixel and Colie Glass, sell a lot of stuff in this size. I'd recommending have a good look through both their stores as they offer an FC discount on their already very competitive prices. JhanPixel offers 10% off the listed price for all FC members and Colie Glass offer a 20% discount. If you look in Jhan's thread you can see he also has a few designs in the woodwork at the moment which it might be worth taking a look at.

I do feel I have to give a special mention to this 14" Showerhead that is only $80 plus shipping with the discount which seems an insanely low price for a piece that size made with quality Schott glass.

14_tall_showerhead_bubbler_waterpipe_-_male_or_female_joint_19mm_fbf53c73.jpg

If you are interested in a recycler then it's worth noting that Colie Glass do one for about $130 plus shipping. Many of the members on this forum have bought one so I'm sure you'll be able to get plenty of information about it from all of them.

I hope all this helps you make a choice in what piece you choose to go for.

@clouded vision I'm really sorry to hear about your GBD piece developing a crack, that sucks big time. I hope you don't feel I was intentionally trying to disagree with you in this post, I just wanted to share my experience of the lower volume pieces I have and also some of the stuff that peeked my interest when I was shopping around.

I'd like to finish this rather long post by saying that I have to agree with the general consensus that Vito rocks. He helped me when I was thinking about purchasing the LSV and it really seems to me I made the right decision. It really clicked last night when I was passing it round a few mates and I thought that if I'd got a lower powered portable vape then we'd probably have to have waited for it to heat back up between hits which would have been somewhat inconvenient. Thanks Vito, you're the best. Don't think your sterling efforts have gone unnoticed in the herbalizer thread answering peoples questions and giving us all the information we could possibly need. It just shows how much of a pillar of this community you really are.

clouded vision

no offense taken and I agree with you that it is entirely a matter of personal preference. I guess I should have said if you are like me then that piece is best for the LSV but I always use it for big hits, my solo is for smaller tastier hits and that I pair with my infamous bubbler

Richy

@mvapes Yeah, I absolutely love that thing. I've never made a video, I don't even have a youtube account, and my LSV is still round at a mates house but if it helps I could probably do a video without vapour going through it tomorrow. Or I could bring it to my mates on the weekend and film one of them using it on an iPhone. If you've got any filming tips other than the black background trick I've seen most people use then send me a PM, I'd rather get it right the first time for obvious reasons.

@clouded vision I'm glad you weren't offended, I always hate to write stuff that might seem to be disagreeing with someone straight after their post. I'm not one for rocking the boat in general. The Solo was the vape I almost went with but I decided to get the LSV as I don't vape when I'm out and about. I have to say that I still love the taste of the LSV, especially on low temp hits.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
So lately I haven't been getting as much vapor, as many hits, and my herb isn't getting done at all. Maybe it's the herb but I've been getting the same for a while. It's very cold in my basement but still it usually doesn't do this. There's a laptop charger being used in the surge protector, maybe that? My cord is becoming bended a way about a couple feet down from the actual LSV. My bowls are spent after a couple hits now in my shorty wand and its still green..

ElevatedMindset,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ElevatedMindset
@ataxian I think the SSV first is your best bet. You already have the VAP2 for flavor and the VTHW to use with a water pipe similar to the LSV. I just bought a used SSV on a whim and I'm really enjoying it so far.
Thanks clouded vision.

I have all flavor machines.
The SSV seems like a heavy hitter.

I already made up my mind that the SSV is my next vape for my quiver.
Plus it's cheap!

way2

Hmmmm...thats a strange problem. Is the HC in good shape? There aren't many variables on the LSV so I'd guess the problem is the bud. If you've been getting the same stuff for a while (on the street) perhaps it's not being properly stored or something?

way2,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Hmmmm...thats a strange problem. Is the HC in good shape? There aren't many variables on the LSV so I'd guess the problem is the bud. If you've been getting the same stuff for a while (on the street) perhaps it's not being properly stored or something?
Yeah it could be, I'm pretty sure they use mason jars. I always put my stash in a mason jar. My supplier usually gives it to me a couple weeks or more after he harvests. I usually have no problems with it.

ElevatedMindset,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
It's very cold in my basement but still it usually doesn't do this. There's a laptop charger being used in the surge protector, maybe that?

Ambient temperature will affect the LSV. Also, having to share power. I would bet if you plug it directly into the wall it will solve your problem.

deadheadbill,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Ambient temperature will affect the LSV. Also, having to share power. I would bet if you plug it directly into the wall it will solve your problem.

I have no three prongs that reach to where I vape, I use a 2-3 prong adapter then plug my surge protector into that.

ElevatedMindset,

clouded vision

I would try plugging it directly into the adapter, just make sure that the wire coming off the adapter is grounded as that is what it is there for

clouded vision,

Rocket

Danger Zone!
Whooooo Just finished reading all 136 Pages of the thread. (that has to be the current record right? :))

G'day LSV'ers, I'm a long time long time Vapourist, New LSV owner. What a great thread, thanks to all who posted and contributed.

Only had my LSV for a less than a month now and I love it, I broke the heatercover on my SSV and when ordering a replacement I noticed my local online Vap shop was offering the LSV for $220 aus (around $197 us) which is a pretty good deal (esp. when considering the aussie tax.)

So I picked up the LSV up in case my SSV ever broke again and I am loving it. Even though in my first week of ownership I accidentally kicked the cable and sent it the LSV right off the edge of the table shattering the heater cover. It was my fault and I have a replacement now (lucky I ordered a spare before it broke.) On the bright side the replacement cover sits straighter int the tube so that's a plus.

Just a few observations, after breaking the LSV heater cover I was using a SSV on it. It worked ok but it severely limited my heat output until I was able to replace it with the correct cover.

Also I have a 18 to 14 male male adapter that I put a screen in to act as a WPA substitute, it's been working great I tried connecting the Sherlock mouthpiece directly to it and it gave a great hit. Just something to try if you have the gear to try it.

I would love to add a Colie Glass showerhead to my collection as it is exactly what I am looking for but sadly they wont ship to me, so I'm still looking for a nice diffuser.

Richy

Colie Glass quote an international shipping price on that 14" showerhead so I'm guessing you probably can get it shipped to you.

Richy,

Rocket

Danger Zone!
Colie Glass quote an international shipping price on that 14" showerhead so I'm guessing you probably can get it shipped to you.

You are absolutely right Richy they will ship internationally I was mistaken. It's the fact they only accept cheques and money orders that is stopping me ordering that awesome piece (I was confusing stores.)

Rocket,

Richy

I think that's just the way the artfire store is set up. I'd recommend contacting him, either through his email address or the contact seller button on the right hand side of the artfire store page. He's very flexible, in fact I paid him directly with my debit card when I bought my stuff from him and I'm an international customer from all the way over in the UK. I think it took about 10 days or so for my stuff to arrive if I remember correctly, just in case you were wondering.

Richy,

Rocket

Danger Zone!
I think that's just the way the artfire store is set up. I'd recommend contacting him, either through his email address or the contact seller button on the right hand side of the artfire store page. He's very flexible, in fact I paid him directly with my debit card when I bought my stuff from him and I'm an international customer from all the way over in the UK. I think it took about 10 days or so for my stuff to arrive if I remember correctly, just in case you were wondering.

I did contact him on the 14th of this month, at that time he said the only other method of payment was Western Union. Seems like I can use my CC with WU so I should give that a look.

Rocket,

Blown

Hi. Long time lurker first time poster. I have been eyeballing the LSV for a few months now and I am ready for a new toy. Problem is when I went to my HS they tried to get me to purchase the Herb Iron because I said I was primarily interested in vapor bonging. Now I don't know which one to get. They seem very similar with the Herb Iron w vape attachment being 100 + bucks cheaper. My roommate has a volcano which I enjoy the vapor from however I think the LSV or HI with a bong will be more to my liking. Is there something I should consider when comparing these two vapes? The only other vapes I've tried are the iolite and some vapor bros stuff--both left me unimpressed with vaporizing. I think if I can get a good hit from a vapor bong I would no longer combust.

clouded vision

the LSV is going to give you better hits than the herb iron because the spherical ground glass joint won't let any cold air in, also it gives you the option of dry hits and has an adjustable temperature.
I know there are discounts online and chances are you could order it online cheaper than the herb iron at a LHS, or least the ones by me.

clouded vision,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom