Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
Hi I'm new to these forums and am considering my first vape purchase. I have recently given up smoking tobacco and am using a little pipe as a stopgap solution which obviously I find very harsh. After looking into the LSV it seems that it fits my needs in terms of value and reliability, mainly owing to the simple design. I live in the UK and most retailers over here and in Europe seem to sell it for around £200, however when I looked on their main site http://lifesabervaporizer.com I noticed that it sells for $230(~£150) shipped to the UK with the correct power supply. After contacting them through email about whether the warranty is valid in the UK I have not yet received a response, this is no complaint I'm just rather impatient.

Therefore I would like to ask in these forums if there are any UK users that have purchased an LSV from the main site that know whether or not the warranty is valid in the UK?
Since this is my first vape I don't know how harsh I will find the vapors so am unsure whether I will need/want to use water filtration. However I would like to know what size/type of glassware(under £50 if possible) available in the UK you would recommend for use with the LSV?

I also have some questions for all users of the LSV. From reading previous posts it seems it may be a good idea to purchase an extra heater cover in case I break the original but I will be using it while sat down in a carpeted environment (aka a house) however I can be fairly clumsy especially when medicated, so do you feel this is still a good idea?
I am considering purchasing a WPA since I will probably decide to use water filtration, are there any other spares/accessories you feel it would be a good idea to get at the same time?

I thank anyone who even bothers to read, let alone answers, this massive wall of text as brevity is not my strong suite.

Richy,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
So ever since I removed my heating cover when I put my wand in it doesn't lock in when I twist it, it just connects to my my heating cover and twists it.. Also when I pull it out it pulls my heating cover too. Anyone know a fix?

ElevatedMindset,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Clean it with Iso
Having removed the HC does not in any way possible effect the fit of the Glass on Glass attachment.
You might have gotten skin oils from your fingers on it.
it just connects to my my heating cover and twists it.. Also when I pull it out it pulls my heating cover too. Anyone know a fix?
You must tighten the HC using the shim.
The metal sleeve.
make it slightly oblong at one end, work with it to get it to make HC snug

Vitolo,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
What do you mean? The shim is bent in a little bit like others said with theirs. The HC wouldn't go on straight all the way unless it was in a certain position.

ElevatedMindset,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I mean "tweak" it.
widen.... tighten....
tighten at top...widen at bottom.... visa versa ... until it's right.
Tweak it~:nod:

Vitolo,

Gher

So, tell me about this place, please. Is it mostly heady stuff like on their site? I am going be in the Wasatch next week and might stop in if it's "worth the trip".
I would definitely say its worth the trip, they have products from $5-$1000. Very good quality and unique.

Gher,

4tokin

Got my LSV a couple of days ago. It's as good as everyone says .
Damm it can kick like a mule.
It took a while to figure out temps and draw speed but it is all coming together nicely.
The small WPA is a bucket. when I sprinkle my meagre offerings to the vape gods it looks insignificant crumbs in the bottom and fight the urge to add more.
Now my main method of use is the WPA. It is only a little thing but with the end cap missing the LSV looks incomplete.
7th floor if you are watching can we have a WPA compatible end cap.

4tokin,
Reactions: ataxian

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
7th floor if you are watching can we have a WPA compatible end cap.

Sounds to me like you're after a 18/18 (or 18/14 if your glass is 14mm) male-male adapter.

Works great as a WPA, an you don't have to remove the end cap (though I must admit my end cap hasn't been on my LSV for months :lol:)

4tokin

Sounds to me like you're after a 18/18 (or 18/14 if your glass is 14mm) male-male adapter.

Works great as a WPA, an you don't have to remove the end cap (though I must admit my end cap hasn't been on my LSV for months :lol:)

I thought about going down that path but when you have a well thought out and easy to use WPA why the hell not use it.
I am thinking about getting another end cap and filling it out far enough to accept the WPA or troll the o ring/seals catalogues. Anything to give it a finished look.

4tokin,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So what are you trying to achieve?

A WPA that can be inserted/removed while the endcap is on, or a WPA that the endcap holds in?

Depending on the length of your heater cover (I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance it'll be either the right length or a bit too long), you can connect your stock WPA and replace the endcap over it, holding it in and making it look clean, but then you have to remove the endcap every time you want to stir the load (and since IMO it's best to stir between every hit, that would be somewhat inconvenient).

I don't really see any point boring out the endcap, you'd have to bore out basically the entire thing to make the WPA fit through it, at that point the only thing your endcap is doing is covering the tiny bit of threads at the end of the LSV...

Something like the bottom adapter in this pic can be picked up for $20-30, and works very well as a WPA that can be inserted while the endcap is on.
It gives performance very similar to the transfer wand, as you end up with effectively the same joint setup (standard GonG instead of spherical GonG).

Frederick McGuire,

4tokin

So what are you trying to achieve?

Its purely aesthetics.
When I am using it as intended I have the threaded end in my face.
It just seems, how do I put it. Rough around the edges.
Why cant the business end look as good as the rest of the LSV and the rest of the 7th floor products

4tokin,

4tokin

By the way can you push the heater back to reduce the heat?
Mine is back to the T and I can turn my herb to a light chocolate color after a couple of stirs at minimum heat.

4tokin,

xaniq

damn, i was just looking at my lsv and noticed the heat cover was cracked in several places. i have no idea how it happened

xaniq,

4tokin

By the way can you push the heater back to reduce the heat?
Mine is back to the T and I can turn my herb to a light chocolate color after a couple of stirs at minimum heat.

I have found the cause of my running hot issue. I am running around 245v. Looks like the local infrastructure upgrades are paying off.

4tokin,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Hi I'm new to these forums and am considering my first vape purchase....

Don't know about the UK warrantee.

You WILL want water filtration. Get either the shorty wpa or my preference is a 18x18 male which can be ordered almost anywhere. Look in the Cheap Bubbler thread or the Mark Atech(where I got mine) or any other glass thread for pieces.

If you are in a carpeted environment and confident maybe you don't need a spare heater cover. I just find having an extra beats sitting around staring at it while waiting for a replacement. Especially to the UK. Definitely get a spare 18x18 for the same reason.

Pull the trigger. You won't regret it.

deadheadbill,

youbettavaporize

I like the water filtration okay, but I've been using my LSV with the transfer wand 9/10 times. I've had the LSV for about a week.

I'm liking the LSV! It does take some technique to get the kind of draws I want. I realized I like the temp knob around 2pm and relatively fast draws.

Richy

Thanks for the response Bill, on your advice I have decided to get a spare HC and both a WPA since it's only $10 extra when purchased with the LSV and a male-male adapter as I can order that with a bubbler.

Finding a cheap bubbler on this side of the pond has been quite hard, as ordering one from the US and then adding postage kind of remove the "cheap" part from the equation. The closest thing I could find was this GG bubbler (if you can call it that as the mouth piece comes out he top). I know it isn't exactly cheap (no $40 infamous) but at $80 delivered with an adapter it seems like a fairly good deal considering it's size and thickness (snigger). Unfortunately it's China glass (I think) but I certainly don't have the money to be spending $300 on one of those sweet Leviathan lattice bubblers that I and I'm sure many other people have been drooling over. After scouring the forums I noticed oli seemed fairly happy with his that he posted a link to on this thread. Which I think is the same one as there seems to be only one type in the GG catalogue, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you think this will be suitable or will the double perc cause too much drag for use with the LSV?
Also, do you think the design will allow for enough room to "swirl" the LSV to achieve a more even vape like I have seen people do in many of the videos on this forum?

I can also order this adapter from the same site but I noticed that it has a wide lip in the middle, would this get in the way of the endcap or will it be ok for use with the LSV?

As before I thank anyone who is willing to help make my first vape/vapebong purchase a wise one.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I got this "lipless" beauty from FC member "charliedontsurf".
It was a gift, but he has a shop on Etsy.
message him for info on this~
Photoon2013-02-22at1944.jpg

Vitolo,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I got this "lipless" beauty from FC member "charliedontsurf".
It was a gift, but he has a shop on Etsy.
message him for info on this~
Photoon2013-02-22at1944.jpg

So does that connect to the lsv and then your bong or what? I haven't seen that one yet. And I have a regular zong, how do I know which WPA to get?

ElevatedMindset,

Vitolo

Vaporist
So does that connect to the lsv and then your bong or what? I haven't seen that one yet. And I have a regular zong, how do I know which WPA to get?
I use it as the transfer wand... a super shorty.

It was simply an answer to this....
It is a place to get what Richy saw in his link, without the "wide lip" he speaks of...

.....I can also order this adapter from the same site but I noticed that it has a wide lip in the middle......

Vitolo,

Richy

Thanks for the suggestion Vitolo however since I'm in the UK I imagine that the shipping cost will make it a bit uneconomical to order an adapter from the US. I guess it won't hurt to ask charliedontsurf for a quote for how much it'll cost to get one sent here.

Richy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Small box "flat rate" to UK is 24 dollars (a few cents under)
I have found that it costs slightly less than that to send it regular mail in similar sized boxes.
A safe guess to the cost of postage would be 20 bucks maximum if sent in a nice small box.

Vitolo,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
So my friend dropped my LSV and the top of the heater cover broke, the part where you screw the wand in. It's missing two little chunks on each side but it still functions an slides in. I'm probably going to order a new one but is it necessary? How long does it take for another one to get here? Should I get it for the lsv site is or there another one I can get it faster?

ElevatedMindset,
Top Bottom