Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

george

vapormonkey said:
The LSV seems like a PD killer. It would be a good one hitter that could take the place of the Eterra like wood device.

Even if it's as efficient, it still costs nearly twice as much.

I'm happy theres some people on here buying it, looking forward to some videos and more reviews!

george,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
A log vape killer? I dont know if I would go that far, but Im sure it would make a nice addition to the wide array of vapes some of us have.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
*I will NOT speak of getting a new vape*

Hi, Im AG and I have a vape collecting problem.

vapeArama

SSV Criss, How come after two years of testing 7floor does not have a video ready to show the world?

vapeArama,

2clicker

Observer
Neverender said:
I would love to see a video of it in action.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this was posted on Oct 11th and still no video...?

inquiring minds want to know ;)

2clicker,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Troi said:
7th floor is working on a custom adapter that I should see within the next 5-7 days.

If anyone needs custom glass for their setup, please just contact us customercare@7thfloor.biz.

Vapetologist,

Gatsby T Pig

I purchased the LSV a little over 2 weeks ago with my FC discount. After paying $270 plus tax, my order was shipped. I received the order last week and began using it. When I opened the cardboard box I found a large plush bag fill with paraphernalia. First I pulled out the LSV- wich looks like a metal baton, approximately 1 foot in length and 2 inches in diameter. It weighs about 2 pounds. The LSV has a thick, long cord that comes out of the base of the 'baton'. After pulling out the LSV base, I found a long, thin glass adapter, also approximately a foot in length, stuffed into one of the many pockets of the carrying case. After a little more searching through the bag I found a long metal pick with a gloss knob on one end. The last thing I pulled out of the bag was a piece of paper tucked neatly in the front pocket with large, hand written red letters on the top that read 'CHOPS'. This piece of paper was broken up into four difficult to read sections. After realizing that these are the directions, I slowly made my way to the end. I still had a lot of questions about this device when I finished.

Even though I was still unsure of what I needed to do, I proceeded to use it. I took the long thin piece of glass, held one end to my mouth and put the other end just above my ground herb. I inhaled the marijuana into the gong end of the piece of glass. The gong has a screen about one inch up inside of the glass tubing. It allows for a bowl to be packed between .05 to .5 of a gram. I grabbed the aluminum baton and turned the dial at the bottom to the 12:00 position and waited 3 minutes. The dial had a nice firm feel as it slowly turned. Once I felt the LSV had been given sufficient time I inserted the long glass rod, gong joint first, into the top of the metal housing of the 'baton'. The galss rod slid easily into the glass receptacle, which is located inside the aluminum housing. I began a nice easy draw and when I felt I had a lung-full, I stopped inhaling, moved the LSV away and exhaled a large cloud of vapor. After a couple of draws, I removed the glass rod and stirred the bowl. I went back to vaping immediately, since the LSV was still warm and continued on with this bowl until the contents were evenly browned. The method described above is the 'direct draw method'. After this initial testing, I switched to a water cooled/filtered method.

Over the next few days I tried using the LSV for long sessions. I finally got comfortable enough to turn it on and walk away for 10 minutes, while it sits on its side, on the table. The unit does get warm after a half hour or so, but it hasn't become uncomfortable to hold. It seems to me that the aluminum holes are there to help dissipate the heat. If it were a solid piece of aluminum, it would probably get too hot. Figuring out the temperature has not been difficult. Over the last week I found that I never need to turn the dial to the 2:00 postion. If I want a higher temp hit, I inch the dial between 12:00 and 1:30. This may just be personal preference as I slightly get the burning popcorn taste at 2:00.

My purpose for this device is to use it with a water tool. I own a HVY bubbler and I find it to be a pretty good fit. I use the LSV with a water adapter I received from 7th Floor. The adapter isn't perfect but it does a good job. I find the LSV easy to use with my bubbler. I get very nice clouds and the vapor is nicely cooled. The taste is very good and unless I am mistaken, this device has an all glass vapor path. I don't know how there could be more glass, unless the heating element itself were covered in glass.

After going through everything and having multiple sessions, I have decided that I like this device. I use it the exact same way I use my MZ. In this regard my LSV is the upscale version of my log vape. The LSV cost me $100 more than my log vape. I am happy to pay $270 for an easy to use device, that delivers the large clouds I want, in the most salubrious manner that I am currently aware. I was timid when I first got into vaporizing. I didn't know if it would work and spending over $100 for any device seemed outrageous. After using my fixed temp vape for a month, I realized that it is not very difficult. When I finally had enough confidence to pick up a vape with temperature control, I decided on the VHW or the VXC. I have never used the VHW but from everything I read, it seems to have a great number of problems even though it was everyone's favorite vape. I hoped that 7th floor had a product similar to the VHW but didn't have as many problems. I haven't owned this product for even a month yet, but if there are any problems, I will let EVERYONE know. As for not purchasing the VXC, it is not out yet, but it will be mine... oh yes, it will be mine.

One thing about the temperature control. It moves smoothly and isn't too easy to turn; it feels nice. The problem is that it can be bumped and the temperature would change. It is a knob and it protrudes from the device, so it isn't unusal that this could happen. I wanted to mention this because it is something I have noticed about the LSV. It hasn't been a problem for me but I like to double-check it to make sure the knob is still in the intended postion.

I have had a few issues with this device but after speaking with customer service, I understand better how to use it and what to expect. I noticed the glass inside the aluminum housing was crooked. Not terribly off but it still bothered me. I found it especially worrisome when I would insert another piece of glass into the LSV. Since the initial piece was off center any additional piece would look even more queered. It was explained that the glass is hand made so there are slight variations. When I turn the piece of glass inside the housing it straightens itself out. It isn't perfect but it doesn't bother me nearly as much. The last thing I saw which really worried me, was when I pulled the glass out of the aluminum housing, two pieces of metal fell out. I realized after a little bit these pieces are there to help secure the glass onto the base of the LSV. I called 7th floor to ask about it and I was told that all the SSV and DBV have the same thing since the glass doesn't always fit perfectly. The pieces of metal were referred to as shims and the tight fit was the sole purpose. The only other problem was that when I vaped a larger amount there seemd to be a vein or a dark swirl within the contents. I was hoping to see more evenly browned bowls but with a little stirring, it doesn't seem to really matter.

The most recent correspondence I had, was with customer service, about the problems I had been having with the adapters. I think the people over at 7th floor are still tyring to make the right adapter for use with a water tool because when I mentioned the problem they said they would send another one and asked me to let them know how it worked. They sent me 3 different adapters at no charge. When I called them back to explain what I did and did not like, they were very receptive and seemed to actually listen. Although my adapter is not perfect, it is close and I am not sure if I care enough to get another one.

Pros
- heats up in less than 3 minutes
- all glass vapor path(using an exposed ceramic heating element)
- great vapor clouds
- it is sturdy
- excellent customer service

Cons
- lack of clear directions made the first session scary
- LSV still has small issues with glass adapters
- the glass piece inside the housing can get off center
- it may be too expensive for some people

I am happy to answer any questions people have. I tried to cover everything but I am sure I didn't. I will be around for a few days, so send me a message or post here. Sorry but I can't help with vids and pics, other people should have that done by this weekend.

Gatsby T Pig,

2clicker

Observer
Gatsby T Pig said:
I inhaled the marijuana

thats where you went wrong

this device is for consuming only legal substances ;)

thanks for the review... a good read

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Gatsby T Pig said:
2clicker said:
Gatsby T Pig said:
I inhaled the marijuana

thats where you went wrong

this device is for consuming only legal substances ;)

thanks for the review... a good read

It is legal for me. Should I change it?

no not at all

i was just bustin bawls

and if its legal for you then ill shut my damn trap already :D

im soooooo jealous btw

2clicker,

vapormonkey

I use it the exact same way I use my MZ. In this regard my LSV is the upscale version of my log vape.

Thank you. Can it be a Vriptech Heatwand replacement do you suppose? Dat is da question.

vapormonkey,

Beezleb

Thank you Gatsby T Pig.

I look forward to see your opinion after a bit of usage. When I got my DBV it was great getting to know the vape. I envision you are having the same kind of adventure hehe.

Happy vaping and thanks for sharing.

Beezleb,

Gatsby T Pig

vapormonkey said:
I use it the exact same way I use my MZ. In this regard my LSV is the upscale version of my log vape.

Thank you. Can it be a Vriptech Heatwand replacement do you suppose? Dat is da question.

I should qualify my previous statement by adding that my MZ is still a more efficient device than my LSV, simply because of the size of the bowl on the MZ's stems. The LSV will be my mule now but there is still a shelf my MZ sits on, ready to go when I am. Including my MFLB, I have 3 different vapes for 3 different occasions.

I have never used the VHW but I know about it. Watching Stonemonkey55's vids using the VHW is what got me excited to vape through glass. From what I understand, the VHW is amazing but has frequent problems with certain parts. I chose the LSV over the VHW based on what I have read in these forums, pictures and videos I have seen. I don't expect the LSV to break anytime soon, which was one of the main factors in choosing this device; I will let you know if something does happen. I don't want to have to deal with parts or customer service for almost anything I buy. It is a lot to ask from a product and I think this one comes close(besides a few phone calls and some free glass adapters).

Purchasing the LSV was a gamble for me. Because of the dearth of information, I wasn't positive what I was buying but I had a good understanding and I thought it might be what I wanted. As it turns out, my assumptions were accurate and my bet paid off. I am happy with my purchase.

Gatsby T Pig,
Great review but please post pics! Or vids!

And damn 7th floor, no official vids yet? Give us a damn cell phone video if you have to.

charliedontsurf,

vapormonkey

I love your baton description. Suppose we could pass this thing while running around the track?

vapormonkey,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Can i use it in outer space? Maybe under water? :lol:

Seriously, I don't fully understand this thing yet and I am hoping someone gets their demonstration video in. Seems like a solid concept, I just haven't fully wrapped my mind around exactly how it works yet..

IAmKrazy2,

Revvy

Gatsby T Pig said:
- all glass vapor path
Can you tell us more about this? Maybe some pictures? :) I was under the impression that it wasn't an all glass airpath.

Revvy,

stinkmeaner

Revvy said:
Gatsby T Pig said:
- all glass vapor path
Can you tell us more about this? Maybe some pictures? :) I was under the impression that it wasn't an all glass airpath.

It is mostly glass but you do have the Alumina Ceramic heating element and the metal shim that holds the glass heater cover in place, there is also the metal piece that connects and holds the element in place. But I suppose since the element is heated at the top then the metal should not be exposed to extreme heat.

stinkmeaner,

vapormonkey

Since it's from the Rockies, I want mine like an elongated Coors can with the mountains etched in the aluminum and with one Coors color to contrast with the silver. Pure rocky mountain flavor tube.

vapormonkey,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
charliedontsurf said:
And damn 7th floor, no official vids yet?

Yes, I could not agree more. We will have the LSV video posted ASAP, we promise. Initial customer feedback and all...

DevoTheStrange said:
By looking at the pictures it is a ground glass connection. So I would guess that a DBV whip or the Handsfree GonG whip for the SSV would fit right in.

You could use our ground glass wands just like in the SSV and DBV, but its logistically more difficult...holding the LSV, and the Wand, and dealing with the mouthpiece. Its far easier with the Glass transfer wand, but the option for the whip is there if you need it.

Vapetologist,
Top Bottom