Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

george

I see the LSV as a great redesign of the SSV/DBV.
It's more handheld, no whips/tubing involved, direct draw, waterpipe attachment(without tubing), and a butane free lighter.

The price is not that high IMO!

The Silver Surfer will cost you $269 to $289 from an online store. Custom SSVs cost over $300....
And... i would assume it is better than the Silver Surfer overall, so i wouldn't expect it to cost lest than the SSV.

george,

B.

War Criminal
nj said:
SSV Chris said:
Pappy, those just don't do what ours does. Unless you buy both that is, and use lots and lots of duct tape. And the vapeexhale plastic fantastic is just a 3d rendering. Hard to have any kind of opinion on something that doesn't yet exist.

This, gentlemen, is a pretty dick-ish thing to say. Makes me dislike 7th Floor even more... he states you shouldn't have an opinion on a yet to be released vape and in the same sentence calls it "plastic fantastic" -- I found this picture in the VX thread, looks like they are made of the same material as the LSV, ALUMINUM. And last time I checked AL was on the periodic table with an atomic number of 13....

As much as I hate waiting for the VXC, I don't think I'll be getting a glorified herb iron with a glass sleeve over it.

With guys like BMInnovaters and the VX team doing new, great things. I think the days of the ceramic heat stick + dimmer vaporizer + generic looking housing, is coming to an end....

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_kpEL0aDZlUg/S_6OsURpNMI/AAAAAAAAEL0/M_Ybqwr_ZRg/IMG_2082.jpg

I totally agree that the vapexhale comment was uncalled for and made me lose some respect. I've owned an SSV for ~6 years now, and its going strong, so 7th floor is still cool with me, however its not 2005 any more, and the vape market has REALLY changed. I would never pay full price for an ssv when i could get an EQ,a log vapee, VHW, Supreme, HA, or ION(for just a bit more, i know, but same ball park)

If the LSV were $150 i'd buy it today. For $200 I'd probable pick it up down the road. More than that i'll probably pass.

Good luck though.

And don't bash other products. Especially when you're totally wrong.

B.,

lwien

Wow. I haven't read this whole thread, but that post above from SSV Chris giving a bit of a bitch slap to the Cloud was totally uncalled for and may have cost 7th Floor some good will.

For me as well as for many others around here, when we make a vape purchase we not only want to get a well designed vape, but we also want to deal with people and a company that we respect. 7th Floor just lost a bit of ground for some of us, in that respect.

lwien,
Reactions: steama

george

I don't see any VXC bashing. All he is saying is that the thing hasn't even come out yet. And we havn't really seen a final picture of the Vapexhale..

george,

2clicker

Observer
george said:
I don't see any VXC bashing.

here you go

SSV Chris said:
And the vapeexhale plastic fantastic is just a 3d rendering.

sure sounds like a shot to me. plus he called it plastic when it is in fact an aluminum housing.

my favorite part of this thread is how they claim that it costs less to drill the holes by hand, than it does to have it machined. oh and that the machined version wouldnt be of as good quality... CNC machines whether they are laser or not will drill the perfect holes in the perfect spot if programmed correctly. as for the price there will be a "programming" or "set-up" fee that you have to pay the machinist to program his machine for your specific piece. that price is usually pretty expensive, but you only pay it once. after its programmed they can store that info for use the next time its needed. so those aluminum tubes with holes will be much cheaper to make then doing each hole by hand... sheesh. that doesnt even make any sense. and not only will they be cheaper to make, each one would be almost identical to each other. drilling them by hand will cause each and every one to be a little different (which is ok), but to say that machining them produces a lower quality is just not true.

i mean this is exactly what machines like CNC machines are for. easier and cheaper!

2clicker,

Beezleb

I am curious how the LSV will draw with the included all glass transfer compared to the DBV and SSV used traditionally.

Then I would love to see how the LSV measures up the Vhw and herborizer and the like.

Beezleb,

Revvy

2clicker said:
my favorite part of this thread is how they claim that it costs less to drill the holes by hand, than it does to have it machined. oh and that the machined version wouldnt be of as good quality... CNC machines whether they are laser or not will drill the perfect holes in the perfect spot if programmed correctly. as for the price there will be a "programming" or "set-up" fee that you have to pay the machinist to program his machine for your specific piece. that price is usually pretty expensive, but you only pay it once. after its programmed they can store that info for use the next time its needed. so those aluminum tubes with holes will be much cheaper to make then doing each hole by hand... sheesh. that doesnt even make any sense. and not only will they be cheaper to make, each one would be almost identical to each other. drilling them by hand will cause each and every one to be a little different (which is ok), but to say that machining them produces a lower quality is just not true.

i mean this is exactly what machines like CNC machines are for. easier and cheaper!
This is what really got me. While I can't comment with absolutely certainty on price as I do not know the expected volume of sales 7th Floor is looking at, it strikes me as very odd that hand-drilling would be cheaper than utilizing CNC machines. To say that machined products lack the quality of hand-drilled ones is outright absurd and such a statement is either ignorant or deceitful.

Personally, I think that the LSV is grossly overpriced, that the attitude expressed by SSV Chris in this thread is condescending, and that the business practices of 7th Floor in general to are shady, but that's just my opinion.

Revvy,

Egzoset

Banned
320 $... That's a lot of donuts! Mmmm... Donuts!!!

:mmmm:

Does that heat wand have BlueTooth connectivity to read back temperature and eventually control it externally?...

Egzoset,

vapormonkey

Naw, that 7th floor fellow said nothing wrong at all.

Let me add that I really like stonemonkey and find him to be a very highly intelligent and personable fellow. It's guys like this that give herbal vaporers a good name. I'd be inclined to buy something just because he recommends it. However to be perfectly honest and I'm from MN so I can't help it...lol...I've yet to see the value or new idea, better way from this cloud device as yet. I'm not saying in won't be good, I just don't see it...yet. I know the monkey knows what good vapor is so I have high hopes.

vapormonkey,

B.

War Criminal
yeah that is the bad part. the implication being the vxc is inferior due to its "plastic fantastic" housing, which is actually aluminum.

the point isn't who was insulted, its that a manufacturer is taking unwarranted shots at a fellow manufacturer. i hope he actually believed the VXC
was plastic, otherwise he was just plain lying the steer people away from the competition. the former is forgivable for sure. the latter not so much.

vapormonkey said:
Naw, that 7th floor fellow said nothing wrong at all.

i disagree. making false statements about the competition does not help anyone's cause in this community.

if a competitor spread false info on the LSV we'd react in much the same way.

:peace:

B.,

george

I'm sure he didnt mean anything harmful by that statement. To me it sounded like he was stating the fact that so many people are hyped by the VXC which is only a 3d rendering that looks like it's made of plastic(which it isnt, so im sure SM55 would take no offense).
I understand where he's coming from though, because people in this thread are comparing the LSV to something which hasn't been finished/released.

george,

2clicker

Observer
no, it was a shot for sure

using the word "fantastic" should tell you right there. it was obvious that he was using that word sarcastically. why would you go out of your way to type "plastic fantastic" when you could just type VXC...? because your trying to demean the VXC. i dont see any other reason. and your right george... that statement was def made because of the attention that the VXC is getting.

its really not a big deal though. different MFGs use this type of propaganda all the time about each other. its the nature of the beast.

the big deal i see here is the outright lying to customers. that shit drives me nuts. i would like to see more discussion on this topic.

Revvy said:
2clicker said:

This is what really got me. While I can't comment with absolutely certainty on price as I do not know the expected volume of sales 7th Floor is looking at, it strikes me as very odd that hand-drilling would be cheaper than utilizing CNC machines. To say that machined products lack the quality of hand-drilled ones is outright absurd and such a statement is either ignorant or deceitful.

Personally, I think that the LSV is grossly overpriced, that the attitude expressed by SSV Chris in this thread is condescending, and that the business practices of 7th Floor in general to are shady, but that's just my opinion.

2clicker,

Beezleb

2clicker, your direction is one that will do much to potentially limit industry representation here. It appears I am not alone in my view point that you are being overly aggressive.

What stands us apart is we typically argue the merits of the vaporizers and not so much on the drama, at least we try. You are the sole person who is pushing this angle. That is telling in itself and I humbly request you move your issue to the 7th floor Q & A thread where it would have a degree of merit.

I would like to see genuine discussion on the product which this thread is for but then again who the hell am I but that is my view.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
What stands us apart is we typically argue the merits of the vaporizers and not so much on the drama, at least we try.

Speak for yourself. I require a drama fix at least 3 times a day. :brow:

lwien,

2clicker

Observer
Beezleb said:
You are the sole person who is pushing this angle.

i appreciate your opinion, but this is simply not true

this may be true within the last hour or so on here, but there are other posters who have expressed displeasure with exactly what ive been posting about. there are more posts saying what ive been saying in this thread than there are on the other side... so id say most agree with me here. if you just scroll up youll see there are other posts by other users saying the same thing. im hardly the sole person pushing this angle.

also in my last post i said that the whole "plastic fantastic" thing was, in my words, "really not a big deal though". sounds to me like i was dropping that part and avoiding the drama.

what im posting about is directly related to the thread topic so i dont believe it needs to be moved. im speaking of course about the cost of the machining and what not. this thread is to discuss the LSV and thats what we are doing. how its made and pricing all fall under that i believe. the ball is in 7th Floors court. its on them now. forgive me if i think loyal customers being lied to by a MFG about their product and its pricing is wrong. the points ive made are valid and the MFG needs to be called out to assure its customers (im a DBV owner and love it) that they are not ripping us off. that is standard business practice.

and i dont believe that what im saying is going to scare away any "industry representation" on this board. 7th Floor shot themselves in the foot with what THEY posted here not what i posted.

they lied and we know it. and if they werent lying then it would be nice to see where most of us have misunderstood what they were saying. IF and when that happens, i will stick my foot in my mouth, but im rather confident thats not going to happen.

2clicker,

Ash057

I really wonder why anybody would say this is overpriced.
The much loved PD is $180. Nobody gripes about the price of the PD.
For $120 more than the PD you get:
Temp control. Not stuck at a certain temp
Hand machined aluminum construction. Wood vapes have been known to crack with heat.
The PD has metal heating element.
The LSV has ceramic heating element.
The PD has plastic tubes that hold small loads
The LSV has pyrex glass "transfer wands" for small loads and adapters that hold 5x as much!
The LSV takes 3 minutes to heat up. The PD takes 30!
The LSV comes with a nice padded hemp bag with lots of pockets. The PD comes with a muslin tote.
The LSV has the option of small and large loads. The Fatty Wand Adapter holds 5x as much material as the standard.
The LSV was designed for versatility. It was designed to give you options for small loads, large loads, waterpipe usage, and as a butane free lighter.

I think $300 is very fair for this vape. It is not fair to compare this vape to motorcycle grips or vaporizers in concept stages. The EQV is another versatile vape and it still sold by Arizer com at $300.

I have used a PD several times and have owned a zap.
I have not used a LSV yet (would love to "review" one!)
I just bought a Silver Surfer, I wished I knew about this, I would have waited!

2clicker

Observer
Ash057 said:
It is not fair to compare this vape to motorcycle grips or vaporizers in concept stages.

i dont think stink or anyone compared any vape with any grips. he just compared the machining aspects of making them.

and since we know and have seen sooooo much info and video on the Cloud and how it works, i would say it is very fair to compare it to the LSV. i mean unless you got to try both of them before purchasing either of them you would have to compare them in your head somehow right? just taking the specs and price and then making a comparison. that is how most make decisions before making purchases. any individuals comparison may or may not be accurate, but its fair to do so i think.

2clicker,

lwien

Ok, pardon my ignorance, but how does the LSV work? Where is the bowl? Would love to see a video of it in action.

lwien,

2clicker

Observer
lwien said:
Ok, pardon my ignorance, but how does the LSV work? Where is the bowl? Would love to see a video of it in action.

inoryte???

I mean... I know what you mean good sir. :cool:

2clicker,

hereatlast

I haven't been posting in here but am interested in the product, not as a buyer but as a vapor enthusiast.

I for one hope that this thread can foremost provide an informational read on the product, while necessary, I hope that the nuisances of pricing and personal opinions can come secondary.

The type of consumer response and criticisms on FC and this thread specifically are inevitable, warranted, and productive in a lot of cases. Nonetheless, the very fact that a manufacturer is willing to come dialogue with consumers is commendable IMO, not the end all be all, but still...

As for the pricing criticisms, I think its touch to criticize a process we seem to know so little about; we have very little 'inside' information into the manufacturing process.

I'm with lwien in wanting to see a vid. I'd like to see more about this vape before more aggressive criticism.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
Coming out of left field as usual I'm going to suggest October 31 is "7th Floor Unconditional Love Day". Now everybody hug 'em up! :rolleyes:

Pappy,
Top Bottom