Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Tritono

Hey :), I have a LSV vaporizer and unfortunately in a domestic accident I broke the heater cover and the transfer wand. I need to buy them but Im researching from where I can get a good deal (when I bought my LSV thanks to this forum I used a discount coupon in the 7th Floor shop). I'll buy it internationally (I live in Chile). I appreciate the info, Im poor right now so I want to get the best deal that I can obtain. Thanks. Best regards, J.P.

Tritono,

Tritono

Hey LSV comrades, Hi all. Time ago (I think one year) I asked a lot of questions regarding vaporizers in general and finally regarding the LSV. I bought two LSV's (one for my sister and one for me) and it is my first vaporizer. Once I vaporized for first time I knew that I wont never smoke again (I knew before that, for that reason I bought a vaporizer but the confirmation was great, smoke really kills). I like the LSV vaporizer but I can comment that for us is very irritating on the throat if you not use water filtering systems. You can live with that, of course is better than smoking, but I lost voice consistence, quality and resonance (I feel my vocal cords tense and stiff) and I feel obstructed. I never tried with water filtering which is stupid of my part (too much happening in my life) but I know with water it will be so much better. However, unfortunately, time ago, I broke the heater cover, the transfer wand and the WTA of my LSV in a domestic incident. Very sad. But show must go on. Now I want to buy the heater cover and the transfer wand to back to the tracks but Im researching from where can I get a good deal on both items. I'll buy internationally (I live in Chile). When I bought the two LSV's thanks to this great forum I had access to a coupon code for the 7th Floor webshop. Any information is welcome regarding webshops or coupon if there is. Is good to come back to the forum being a vaporizer fellow and not a smoker anymore :). Thanks, best regards, J.P.

Tritono,
Reactions: Vitolo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I believe 7th floor use an automotive grade product (JB weld?)
I've used hot glue from a hot glue gun in mine (at the cord end, further from the heating element), and it didn't melt in there if that helps (it didn't end up holding too well though :shrug:). The internals and the air path are quite well separated, so taste and function shouldn't be impaired whatever you do.

I can't tell you what temps inside the unit reach, but here's what I thought about it:
Touching the casing will not burn you.
Therefore whatever the temp of the casing, it must be less than 130f (the temp that'll cause burns if exposed for over 30 secs).
I could be completely wrong about that, though, but it makes sense to me.

That's strange that you didn't get a response though, I've always had good experiences with 7th floor, and if your unit is still under warranty, I would think this would be covered...

You might want to possibly try to contact them again first before you try a DIY fix?

Frederick McGuire,

farscaper

some times the best bet is to go direct to the maker...

transfer wands:
http://lifesabervaporizer.com/lsv-glass/lsv-transfer-wands.html

Heater cover: This is the replacement glass page, it also has the stock transfer wands and the shorty thats a little cheaper...
http://lifesabervaporizer.com/lsv-glass/miscellaneous.html

here's a cart all loaded up for ya... if you want to go that route... they list Chile in the drop down for country so i assume they would ship there...

HOWEVER! if you can find a local glass blower you could probably the wand replaced/repaired for not to much money and there is a chance that if its not totally trashed the heat shield could be repaired... but if its a total replacement deal... better just to save the trouble and get your pieces from the maker... also never a terrible time to upgrade them (since ur replacing anyway).

Hope I helped ya in the right direction... whichever way that may be.

:spliff:
Harvey

farscaper,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Yeah I wonder about the price drop, I bet LSV sales aren't nearly what SSV or DBV are, considering its more a specialty water tool IMHO. Maybe economy of scale went up and they recouped R+D costs... Whatever the case $200 shipped for arguably the best water tool is a sweet sweet deal :)

Kudos 7th Floor LLC.

Steele Concept,
Reactions: Vitolo

Kief

Medicated
They could be making room for the new colors. I believe this post from May 11th was the last update we got here...

Hey everyone, just a quick update on the LSV Colors...

We have decided to add a cord strain relief to the LSV, and as such are going to hold off on offering up the color options until we have the new part added. I will will update FC when it's fully good to go.

The new colors look awesome, and we will be allowing you to mix and match your colors; there are four sections total. We have heard your feedback and will be adding new colors in the near future. I agree that we need a green, and also a yellow, to make the Rasta LSV. (Quick side note: the Rasta SSV is about to make a glorious return. Check back on the SSV thread soon.) About your feedback...we may not post on here as a company as much as I would like, but know that we do pay attention and monitor it at the very least...and of course your feedback is so important to us, and we believe it's vital to our success.

If you already own an LSV and want to get a cord strain relief, we will of course take care of you. More details will be posted here in a few days about the process)

Chris in Customer Service(a different Chris than I) will definitely take care of you, but please go easy on him until we make the concrete announcement about the different colors and cord options. Soon...very soon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on here.

"It's Your Life..." Saber

Kief,

nowonknows

If you wanted an LSV....check this out! ($189)
LSV on Sale at 7th Floor

Just saw this, notice they have added a cable gland to the cable entry point, good to see they are listening to feedback. The way it is now, or so it looks, will make it a lot safer. I wouldn't mind grabbing one just to check it out compared to one purchased only a couple of months back, hopefully they have improved their earthing method as well, if so I'd be recomending the fuck out of this vape!

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
In this day and age it is of the utmost importance that manufacturers listen to their customers. At the end of the day customers are the boss because they pay the bills. This is the 21st century and in every industry there are a shitload of options. The manufacturers who listen to the customer are the ones that rise above the noise.

Customers are smarter and have more options than ever. Not to mention the great equalizer... The Internet!

When a manufacturer like 7th Floor LLC is able to drop the price, they did. When they were frayed cord complaints they resolved the issue. This is what makes a company great. Once again, Kudos 7th Floor. I bet this will get them a lot more LSV sales.

mwahle1

I will be getting the black one to match my DBV. It is nice to see a company upgrade their products (new colors and cord entry point) while at the same time lowering the price.

mwahle1,

vapeguy

I have an Arizer Solo and a Volcano and was looking to replace my Volcano because I prefer the concept of the Solo but don't like that it can hold so little at a time and that the airflow is so restricted. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome portable, those limitations are to be expected for a portable, but I find it too limited for an everyday vape. On the other hand the Volcano seems far less efficient (I literally go through herb more than twice as fast when using the Volcano than using the Solo).

I wanted a plug in vape that's like the Solo but with more capacity and a less restricted airflow and the LSV is just that. I'm also happy to read that those that have both an LSV and Volcano prefer the LSV and I can understand why.

I just ordered the LSV along with a shorty wand and an extra set of wand filters.

Once I get and use the LSV for a few days I'll decide if it's good enough to sell my Volcano, but I'd be highly surprised if it wasn't from what I've read. I was a bit dissapointed that it has no thermostat but that really doesn't seem to be a problem. I also love that you can use it with water pipes, I have one I almost sold when I quit combusting thinking I'd never need it again, I'm glad I didn't. I will likely post my own review once I get it and compare it to the Solo and Volcano.

Thanks to everyone that helped me make my choice, I don't think I had even seen the LSV until a few days ago.

vapeguy

For those that have both the LSV and the Volcano, would you say I'll want to sell my Volcano after using the LSV? I can't afford to keep both and I'm hoping I like the LSV better than the Volcano and would be surprised if I wouldn't, but I'd like to hear from LSV owners who have also used a Volcano because one of the two will have to be sold after I've tried the LSV a few days and I want to make the right choice. Of course I'm hoping the LSV is good enough for the Volcano to go.

Considering I by far prefer a whip vape or whatever type the LSV is, I really don't see why I'd want to keep the Volcano unless it was more efficient than the LSV but I'm quite sure the LSV is much more efficient (especially with smaller loads) from what I read which is the whole point in replacing the Volcano with the LSV. Basically I want a vape that will lower my herb cost, because as I've said I use at least twice as much since going from the Solo to the Volcano but find the Solo holds too little so I don't like using it as an everyday vape.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I've used the volcano and LSV. I have an LSV and not a volcano. I prefer the LSV and believe you should sell the volcano which IMHO is more of a party vape. As vitolo puts it the LSV is more a professional vapor tool... coupled with a solid water pipe, it is a hard combo to beat.

The volcano is expensive, not too efficient, takes a while to heat up and use.

The LSV is inexpensive, efficient and heats up quickly for use.

Overall the functionality, simplicity and aesthetics of the LSV have won me over. Not to mention the fact the thing is a very efficient cloud machine. A better fit for a solid daily driver than a volcano IMHO. That's my two cents man :)

Steele Concept,

vapeguy

I've used the volcano and LSV. I have an LSV and not a volcano. I prefer the LSV and believe you should sell the volcano which IMHO is more of a party vape. As vitolo puts it the LSV is more a professional vapor tool... coupled with a solid water pipe, it is a hard combo to beat.

The volcano is expensive, not too efficient, takes a while to heat up and use.

The LSV is inexpensive, efficient and heats up quickly for use.

Overall the functionality, simplicity and aesthetics of the LSV have won me over. Not to mention the fact the thing is a very efficient cloud machine. A better fit for a solid daily driver than a volcano IMHO. That's my two cents man :)

What you said is really reassuring, and I couldn't agree more about how you describe the Volcano. You almost make me want to put my Volcano for sale now but I'll at least wait to try the LSV, it's not like I can't wait a week or so but I like knowing that others that tried both so far all prefer the LSV.

I can't wait to get the LSV, do they normally ship fast (I got directly from their website)? My order is listed as Processing, I placed it early this morning.

BTW it's awesome I just happened to find out about the LSV days after they resolved the cord wear issue which I personally consider to be a completely unacceptable and dangerous problem, I think this would deserve a recall of all previously made units, I've heard of some sparking/shorting in their hands, imagine if a unit also has a bad ground or they are using a ground removing adapter or have faulty wiring in their house, that could electrocute the user. I don't know why they approved the original design, it should be obvious that a wire rubbing against cut metal will eventually get cut and short, it never should have got an approval with the original design in my opinion, but at least they fixed it.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I have an older unit and could see how the wire thing could be an issue. Prolly just comes down to usage and how you store the unit. I'm sure if 7th Floor had noticed a problem when they were testing they would have changed it prior to launch. It's one of those things that sucks, but you don't know until its had a lot of usage.

I bet you are anxious to get your unit, lol. When I ordered mine from 7th Floor it shipped within a couple days, I chose USPS shipping so it would be quick. USPS priority is a very good deal for 2 day shipping, the cheapest and fastest way to ship smaller parcels.

Steele Concept,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just posted these in the customized vape setups thread, here are 2 LSV + Glass vids I finally got around to editing together:

Sovereignty King Stemline & LSV - This was the first session with it after a warranty repair, the clouds are a bit thin, so afterwards I changed the HC and got much better performance.

Sorry in advance for the crappy quality of this vid, it was filmed on the front facing camera of my iphone, then cropped a bit...
This is my Luke Wilson 15-15 Arm Double Bubbler (:D) & the LSV

I've also got another LSV vid uploading to youtube right now :brow:

SmokeStak

I love my LSV!!! I wish I would have waited for a anodized one, but i couldnt wait and since its arrival its been used daily and often. I have had a Volcano that was first entry into the world of vaporization and knowing what i know now i wish i would have just bought the LSV and a nice piece of glass for the same price as volcano or possibly cheaper depending on brand of glass. i got great bags full of vapor from the volcano, but it only has one use vapor as a lsv makes vapor sure but a lighter as well and a lot easier to use with a water tool

SmokeStak,
Top Bottom