Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

kertong

*please delete me*
Holy moly.....

The LSV was a decent vape with the long transfer wand, I'd say it was a bit better than the arizer solo (not portable which is a minus but much stronger, feels like it zaps the full spectrum of the cannabis plant, which is a HUGE plus imo). I've described it before as a DBV++, but I realize this is not that simple..

Now that I've gotten some decent glass to go with it... WOOOOOOW. I have no words. I was sitting here wondering what I've been doing for the past hour and I didn't have an immediate answer. I realized I hadn't re-uped on the meds since then, either, wow! I'm usually an every-20-minutes sipper.

The other huge bonus is that the water filtering is doing wonders for me. I had huge issues with allergic rhinitis, coughing, wheezing, etc when using vapes, but I realize I've been sitting here cough/rattle/wheeze free for the past hour. I realize now that I had forgotten what it felt like to be high without the itchy/sneezy nose, sinus pressure, and watering eyes.

I feel like I did at my old college days - medicated without all the "side effects" and lung pain! I am a vaporbonger for LIFE!! (now to get the wife to stop complaining everytime she hears it chugging..)

kertong,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
to be honest lately when i do straight herb only, i go to the cloud. but anything with hash/wax i go with the lsv.

ilovebOObs,

kertong

*please delete me*
Oh man, that reminds me. Must go pick up hash/concentrate, everything I have is loaded into the omicron, and I don't want my first wax hit on the LSV to be reclaim. To the collective!!

I'm getting the hang of vaporbonging, I find that for best smooth clouds (I'm a cloud chaser, I'll admit), I put it at about 1:30-2:00. But one thing I'm weirded out by was how hard/fast I have to draw - coming from pieces like the PD, MFLB, arizer solo, omicron, etc.. I guess I've trained myself to draw like I sip hot coffee, so this is definitely taking some getting used to. :)

But I love that I've been vapebonging for about an hour now and I'm not coughing or wheezing. WHAT A RELIEF! This forum has changed my life! :D

ilovebOObs

dam bro vape bonging at 1am :lol: , your my new hero. hahahahah yeah once you start vape bonging its really hard to go back to anything else.

turk

turk
.....when you add a vapor tamer to the lsv it will really shine...especially with concentrates...

turk,

k Roy

Hi Combustion Fuckers,
This is my first post ever.
Before I start I want to say how cool this site is. Informative forum sites with accountability are hard to come by.
I vaped with my head shop $100 vaporite for over a year. eventually, I tried a friend's SSV.
So when my birthday rolled around, I did a bit of research before stepping up to the ranks of a respectable vape. First, I leaned toward a DBV because of the price point. Finally, I decided not to get the cheapest one I could (again) but to spend a bit more and vape well since I don't combust any more when I am home and rarely take herb with me when I leave because it seems wasteful. Plus the LSV would leave room to grow into vapebonging (once my paraphernalia budget is replenished enough for serious percolation).
Its almost a week since I got it now. I have had some (apparently typical) problems involving my heater cover. In my case, it arrived with a broken and fractured edge which doesn't seem to affect use with the transfer wand but would affect use with the wpa. It took a few extra e-mails and pictures of "proof" and finally a youtube video which more clearly shows the limited damage, but as of now my new one is "in the mail."
Mine seems to work best around 10-11 o'clock, high noon for the last couple hits, any more will scorch the herb black.
I do so much less work now to vape. Slow and steady does the trick and its always ready to go rather than waiting for a light to go off and having a ten second window to still have sufficient heat.
I couldn't quite comprehend how the wand would work before it came; would it fall out and break? Would the herb fall into the heater? Would it be awkward to store when it was on but I wasn't hitting it? As it turned out it doesn't seem like the wand will ever just slip out. The unit stores easily in its case even while in use, or sitting it next to me on the bed works fine. And the wand actually works better to hold herb than a whip when its not being hit, i-m-superhigh-o.
Also, fyi, I contacted the manf. and ordered a "blemished" unit for $180. This didn't come with a storage bag, I had to use a b-day wish to get that, but the blemish is almost non-existent; looks like a smear in the aluminium when you hold it in the light.
Last, but not least, and not to :horse: here, but it seems to me that the last thing I will need to bother with are the Chinese parts of my LSV going bad. In fact, it doesn't bother me at all that the parts come from a factory in China, but I do think 7th Floor should represent their product as "assembled in the USA" since they openly admit that the parts besides the glass come from China.

kertong

*please delete me*
Welcome, k Roy!

Love the greeting, reminds me of this guy:
farva-super-troopers1.jpg

I too, am a new LSV owner (got mine just 3 days ago) and I am LOVING it. I just got a showerhead diffuser bubbler and that thing just adds a whole new dimension to the LSV. I tried out the long transfer wand after getting a few good hits off the WPA - while the clouds seem thicker, they're hotter and harsher. Vapor bonging for life!

With the vapor bong, each "hit" is so powerful, after 3-5 hits I put the thing down. Then I space out for about 15 minutes, then my head snaps as I realize "oh shit, I need to load the next bowl" - purely out of habit as it took me 4-6 arizer solo stems to get a decent session going. But then I quickly realize the reason I haven't loaded a bowl is because I've been spacing out from the meds for the past 15 minutes, so I pass on loading another bowl, sit there marvelling at how awesome it is to be vaked off one bowl, and then I space out for another 15 minutes. Repeat cycle.

And yes, I totally agree with you on the China bit. My wife and I actively boycott all chinese food products, and we don't even eat at Chinese restaurants. A close friend of ours watched her 7 year old dog die of renal failure due to the tainted chinese pet food a few years back. I hope businesses start to realize how important a "Made in the USA" label is becoming, as more consumers take issue with cheap and contaminated chinese products (did you know these products are brute forced through border customs? if they get turned away, they just try another port since they can only spot check cargo). And as a 100% american that "looks" chinese (i'm of korean ethnicity), but isn't, stuff like this really, really, pisses me off. China makes me ashamed just to look asian, haha. Anyways, I'm going off topic...

@ilovebOObs: Oh man, 1am vaping is a regular thing for me, thats when I flip on a netflix movie (or watch bluerays of planet earth on mute with the doves albums playing on headphones) until 3am. I have a job that lets me work from home pretty much every day, so I nap around 3pm-7pm if I'm tired - so 1am-4am is my prime time to play. But midnight is about when the wife falls asleep - and that's when the kertong comes out to play! At that point I can vape, and make as many bubble noises as I want without fear of stirring the lumbering wife creature from her sleep.

turk

turk
...well after my exhaustive research....(hey I did for us all!)...for those who wish to try the tamer experience I say unequivocally... get the sAturn...for $10 bucks more,,,there really is no comparison....but man you will love it..

kertong

*please delete me*
vapor tamer, you say... (opens wallet, butterfly flies out). dammit, you guys!! this is all your fault.

I am happier and happier with the LSV now that I've got it dialed in. 1:30 for the vaporbonging works *consistently* well for me. The vapor is an amazing transulcent blue hue I've never seen before. SUCH quality - if I've been eating steaks my whole life, with combusiton being big macs.. this is like a dry aged filet mignon. It doesn't leave any harsh effect on my throat or airways, no chest pain or congestion afterwords, sinuses remain clear, and I exhale some *beautifully blue* vapor. My brain keeps thinking I'm not getting big enough hits because I'm not left coughing and my lungs arent recoiling in pain.. but then it hits me like a train - that blue vapor packs a WALLOP!

I LOVE this thing!! This is in a world of its own with a vaporbong (and I'm guessing this goes for the VHW as well). There is just something about the vapor that no battery powered portable can match. I gave my DBV to a friend. I don't see myself ever going back to that whip, and using anything but some glass and water now!

Oh, one pitfall though - one of the heater covers is loose, and when using the WPA, it can "stick" and fall off and out of the body. I think I read about it way back when when I was researching but wow, it happens and it sneaks up on ya. My other HC fits on tight though, and hasn't yet happened, so I guess I'll be using that one..

kertong,

turk

turk
...never had any trouble with my h.c. on either my lsv or ssv...better get extras for the inevitable..

turk,

sal69

I am very tempted to get one too ...

Does anybody know a decent european distributor?
Are there any official distributors for this device?

sal69,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Picked up a LSV from the classifieds and I got it last night. I've had a few hours of use and found it very straight forward and fun to use. Really looking forward to further testing :ko:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've had another problem with my LSV :(
The power cord has ripped itself where the cord meets the unit...
Its only the outer insulation layer, but I know it's only gonna get worse.
I've already contacted 7th floor, let's hope there's an easy fix...

I swear, if this thing wasn't such an awesome vape, I would be a little annoyed, but it still works fine, and I'm sure Chris/whoever at 7th floor will look after me :tup:

On a slightly happier note, I tried some BHO in my LSV for the first time yesterday...
:razz:
I reclaimed the oil from an omicron cart (about 0.15g) and put half into my solo (got 2.5 cycles out of that, VERY MEDICATED) and I quite liked the results.
I wasn't sure how well the LSV would do with it, but I tried anyway....
I put a layer of herb (that had been used to make the BHO, so not much if anything left in it), and dropped the big glob of oil on top.

It got me nice and medicated at lunch-time, then again at bed-time, and I still haven't finished the load...
LSV + WPA + Nice Glass + BHO gets the Frederick McGuire seal of approval.
:D

turk

turk
...glad it worked out Frederick , I've found the 7 th floor vapes to do very well with all concentrates..

turk,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@ Frederick McGuire. I unscrewed the bottom off mine and it doesn't look too difficult to replace the cord if you're half decent with a soldering iron. They use a type of silicone gel to hold the wires in place from the inside but that shouldn't be hard to cut out.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm fine with a soldering iron, but I've got a big (IMO Ugly) "Warranty Void if Removed" Sticker on mine.
So I can't unscrew it without 7th Floor giving me the OK or I'll lose my warranty.
I'm thinking a bit of hot glue around the base might hold it in place for a cheap-n-nasty fix, but I'm hoping I can do better than that.

Also, Fun fact, My 1st LSV didn't have that warranty sticker. It was on it when I got it back from my first warranty return though (No idea if it was the same unit repaired or a replacement). I noticed that about 1-2mm of the power cord was sort of rough, but I didn't really care as it was a tiny issue.
When I got it back form the 2nd warranty return, I noticed the same roughness at the base of the power cord, which I can now see is the very end of that outer insulation.

Frederick McGuire,

turk

turk
...yeah mine has that sitcker too...but my cord shows no damage at this time...chris at 7th floor has been very responsive (though deliberate) in my interactions with him...keep us informed man.

turk,

ilovebOObs

Picked up a LSV from the classifieds and I got it last night. I've had a few hours of use and found it very straight forward and fun to use. Really looking forward to further testing :ko:

dam are you really trying to own them all or something, :lol: the lsv is one hard hitting mofo, so i think you'll like it J.R.R. :D

turk

turk
.....picked up one of those black glass (short) transfer wands....since getting the short ones my long is....in the drawer..putting screens in the long one requires the touch of a surgeon...

turk,

Bouldorado

I'm fine with a soldering iron, but I've got a big (IMO Ugly) "Warranty Void if Removed" Sticker on mine.
So I can't unscrew it without 7th Floor giving me the OK or I'll lose my warranty.
I'm thinking a bit of hot glue around the base might hold it in place for a cheap-n-nasty fix, but I'm hoping I can do better than that.

Also, Fun fact, My 1st LSV didn't have that warranty sticker. It was on it when I got it back from my first warranty return though (No idea if it was the same unit repaired or a replacement). I noticed that about 1-2mm of the power cord was sort of rough, but I didn't really care as it was a tiny issue.
When I got it back form the 2nd warranty return, I noticed the same roughness at the base of the power cord, which I can now see is the very end of that outer insulation.

how about black electrical tape? or they make liquid electrical tape as well; brush it on and it'll dry to a thin rubber. either of those would stop the insulation from peeling off, though it may not look the greatest.

Bouldorado,
Top Bottom