Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

vapormonkey

^Overnight shipping? :o Wow, you must be serious. I love the look of the thing, don't blame you. I'll look forward to your reviews.

vapormonkey,

Ash057

vapormonkey said:
^Overnight shipping? :o Wow, you must be serious. I love the look of the thing, don't blame you. I'll look forward to your reviews.

Yeah they put another discount code on facebook so I figured why not. And got in the first 100 so it should come with the water pipe adapter.

Very quick shipping. I got a tracking number in about an hour after I hit submit. USPS express mail runs about 9 in the morning here. Perfect for wake and bake -_-

Ash057,

SalamiCity

How would this be different than the vhw, and how would this price even be justified compared to the vhw.

SalamiCity,

stinkmeaner

SalamiCity said:
How would this be different than the vhw, and how would this price even be justified compared to the vhw.

The LSV and the VHW are two entirely different animals. The LSV is going to hit the same as the DBV & SSV since they all share the same Heater and Heater Cover Design. The VHW has a double layered glass heater cover which is going to retain heat better and the VHW also uses a digital soldering iron as its Handle & Electronics so it has an advantage of electronic temperature control.

LSV
*Direct Draw + Wand Waterpipe Use, possibly even whip use.
*Can be used like a Phedor to light bowls, joints, blunts, cigars, etc
*Temperature control via a common household dimmer.
*Arguably more attractive housing design.

VHW
*Designed for wand use with a waterpipe only.
*If you really wanted to, you could also use the VHW to light bowls if the heater cover was removed, it would be a pain in the A$$ and you might risk breakage and it is surely not recommended by the manufacturer.
*Actual thermostat temperature control which will compensate when hit.

stinkmeaner,

Raf007

Retailer
I don't own the VHW, but imo the LSV is way more sturdy.

Plus you can live it On for hours (I have left it on for more than 4 hours), and let it stand the way you want (what if I'm correct you can not do with the VHW), without any pb, at least afa my xp goes.

And u can use it as a direct draw vape, or with a whip if you want to.

I don't and can't know if that justifies the price difference tho :)

Raf007,

SalamiCity

Well, I only use glass, and I have a supreme, so I wanted a VHW too to see the difference, I want to taste the difference. I wouldn't use it for a whip, or light anything, because I have lighters and torches for that, and don't even smoke, and if I do it would be a cigar. VHW has temp control also, and the V3 seems to be very nice.

SalamiCity,

vapormonkey

I own the VHW and although most of my experience is with log vapes and heat guns, I'd imagine these two units used over a glass bong with the attchment may be very similar. I'm really liking the quality of vapor I'm getting with VHW after it gets good and fully heated. Full clouds of blue, not white vapor.

vapormonkey,

Ash057

Got the LSV today - will post the review soon.

I did get permission to show you a total game changer. I had emailed asking about a small water filtration tube (would still like to see one like the AquaVape Inline Vapor Cooler) I got a return email with news of their upcoming Glycerin Tube!!!!!

Throw in freezer for frosty clouds! Glycerin doesn't freeze but keeps ice cold for a long time! The long inner coil through the ice cold Glycerin chills the air. This should be out next week for $75!
88656877.jpg

40348498.jpg

Ash057,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i think the hole is how you put the glycerin into it. Fill it, plug the hole, throw in freezer. I am guessing it goes in between the heater cover and the wand, could be wrong though.

DevoTheStrange,

2clicker

Observer
DevoTheStrange said:
i think the hole is how you put the glycerin into it. Fill it, plug the hole, throw in freezer. I am guessing it goes in between the heater cover and the wand, could be wrong though.

ok makes sense

very interesting

would be cool to see a mouth piece version of this

2clicker,

Ash057

After a lot of research I chose the LSV for my next vape purchase. I chose the LSV for its versatility, design, and 7th Floor's previous vapes. The customized glass options are endless. I medicate several times a day and have owned or used about every vape on the market and I felt the LSV would be a great investment.

Before ordering I emailed and asked if they had the brown travel bag available and if they could send out overnight that day. I ordered the LSV with overnight shipping Thursday at 10:19am and received an email confirming my order. At 10:22am I emailed them requesting the brown bag over black. At 11:32am I received the tracking number.

Shipping: I thought I should share my experience with $27 "Express Mail" shipping the LSV. FC member Troi had a problem with this too so I cautiously emailed minutes before ordering to verify it would go out in time. Customer service quickly replied that it would go out. I would like to add that they have replied to my emails quickly. I have been very impressive with this. In about an hour I got an email with the tracking number. The next morning the mail was delivered without the LSV. I can't explain how disappointing this was. (I had waited for my normal wake n bake to use the LSV grrrrrrr) I emailed 7th Floor and requested a refund and promptly got a reply denying any responsibility or reimbursement. 7th Floor said they had done everything they could to make sure it went out in time and suggested I get a refund directly from the Post Office. I called USPS customer service and was told the package wasn't scanned until 5:36pm which was past the deadline and all USPS claims must be made by sender. Not something I feel like wasting a bunch of time arguing about but definitely not happy about it.

Packaging: The LSV arrived in a brown box with 7th Floor LLC listed as shipper. Green foam peanuts surrounded the travel bag for padding. Everything is packed safely in the travel bag so there should be no issues with breakage.

Travel bag: The hemp travel bag is very nice. The exterior is made of woven hemp with nylon strap handles. There is a zippered side pocket and another side pocket that is not zippered. The main compartment is accessed by double zippers that allow the bag to be opened fully for easy access to all inside pockets. I wish it had beefier lockable double zipper like a laptop bag or suitcase. The inside of the bag is thickly padded black velvet. There are two long pockets that are the length of the glass wand and 6 smaller. All pockets are thickly padded. Inside the pockets I found the glass transfer wand, glass pick, and user instructions with extra screens. The travel bag loaded with LSV and everything included weighed in at 2lbs 12oz.
Note: I emailed requesting the brown bag before and after my order and they shipped me the black bag. I emailed 7th Floor and issue resolved.

Construction: The LSV feels very solid in my hand. The LSV is made of anodized aluminum. It is larger and heavier than I expected, weighing in at 13oz (20oz including cord) 9" long, and 1 in diameter. The power cord is 10 foot long with 3 prong grounded plug. There are 2 pieces that screw on and off the main housing. The first is the top cap which gives more access to the glass heater cover for use with the water pipe adapter. The 2nd piece is the heat shield. This is the section with drilled holes that surrounds the glass heater cover. The glass heater cover is also removable which exposes the raw ceramic element. With the heater cover removed the element can be used as a butane-free flame-less lighter similar to a Phedor. Everything about the construction seems perfect. I am impressed with the machined aluminum and drilled holes. The LSV power and temp are controlled by dial identical to Da Buddha. There is an orange power light under the dial that matches the glow of the ceramic element. My only gripe about LSV is the HUGE warranty sticker. The LSV is a sleek hand held tube of aluminum ruined by a large sticker boldly stating "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" The sticker is so obnoxious I am tempted to ruin my warranty and remove it.

Glass: The LSV uses a ceramic heating element inside a glass heater cover similar to the way the SSV and DBV. The glass direct transfer wand has a male connection that fits inside the heater cover. Both the wand and heater cover have screens to trap the herbs in the middle. All glass pieces are thick and heavy. Others have mentioned a less than perfect glass heater cover. I did not have this issue. The heater cover of my LSV is perfectly straight and connections are tight with the transfer wand and water pipe adapter.
Note: I was unable to test the water pipe adapter. The one they shipped me is smaller than all my standard 18.8mm glass pieces. I have emailed 7th Floor and they are shipping it.

First use: I plugged the LSV in and turned the temp to full for 10 minutes to cook off anything from the factory. I then dialed the temp back to 12 o'clock and waited a few minutes for it to reach the desired temp. The power light and heating element both had a bright orange/red glow. I loaded the glass transfer wand with suction similar to log vape tube. The male end of the transfer wand fits firmly into the heater cover. I slowly inhaled until I felt my lungs were full. I exhaled a colossal cloud of milky vapor! The taste was very pure, definitely the best tasting vape I have ever used. I stirred the bowl after every few hits and eventually the AVB was evenly browned. The bowl size and design is efficient but I would like to see a smaller bowl transfer wand offered for better efficiency. (If not I will order one custom) One thing I did not like about the transfer wand method is loose herb spilling into the heater cover. Unlike the SSV and DBV the LSV does not have gravity on its side to keep out herb. A screen is in place to help prevent this but small partials can still get through. I was able to fit the screen better than it arrived from the factory and this seems to be much better. This will not be an issue at all when used with the water pipe adapter setup due to gravity.
Note: I was unable to test the water pipe adapter. The one they shipped me is smaller than all my standard 18.8mm glass pieces. I have emailed 7th Floor and they are shipping it.

My views: I believe this is currently the best vape for the money. I consider the LSV to be near perfect and pointed out the only minor faults I could find. While it has been disappointing to not use it with my glass water gear since I mainly purchased it for water usage, I am confident it will be great when I get the adapter sorted. I am really impressed with the quality and versatility of the LSV and it is now my most used vape. The LSV has great future potential with new accessories like the Glycerin Tube and I am sure this is just the start.
I would definitely recommend the LSV to any serious vaporizer enthusiast.

Hi-rez album: http://img163.imageshack.us/g/86376771.jpg/

83808492.jpg

66884640.jpg

65594342.jpg

21253621.jpg

37546624.jpg

89659667.jpg

12769575.jpg

97829083.jpg

20666222.jpg

91151435.jpg

58905085.jpg

Ash057,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I have a question for those users who have this vape. When using the water pipe adapter, Do you run the same temps that you would with the glass wand? Or do you have to increase the temp because the bowl is further away from, and below, the heat source?

DevoTheStrange,

ShadowLink12

Activist
DevoTheStrange said:
I have a question for those users who have this vape. When using the water pipe adapter, Do you run the same temps that you would with the glass wand? Or do you have to increase the temp because the bowl is further away from, and below, the heat source?

I have to dial the temp up, I usually start at about 1-2 o'clock rather than 12 o'clock. When vaping hash in the water pipe adapter I find best results at 3 o'clock. This is something I love about this vape, I fill up the bowl with some bubble hash, and can hit it for a couple days hooked up to my bong until it is finally spent.

Ash057 said:
My only gripe about LSV is the HUGE warranty sticker. The LSV is a sleek hand held tube of aluminum ruined by a large sticker boldly stating "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" The sticker is so obnoxious I am tempted to ruin my warranty and remove it.

This is very interesting, because mine doesn't have this sticker. They probably have it there because they don't want you to unscrew the bottom. They actually had me unscrew the bottom, because there was something rattling inside my unit, turned out it was a tiny little piece of extra rubber wire casing. They where very clear though that I had to reverse coil the cables before I screwed it back on, or I would be putting to much pressure on them. For those that are confused, it makes sense, cables run to the bottom, and the welds are great, but if you turn it a bunch to screw it, you are putting a lot of stress on the cables.

This all said, that sticker is a dumb way to stop people from stupidly ruining the internals of the unit, and hopefully they will reconsider this method, as I would hate to have that there on mine.

Sorry for the triple post guys, but I have one more quick question for Ash or other users.

I am loving my LSV as well, haven't used any vaporizer except my MFLB occasionally since getting it. I had one quick question to ask other users. I tend to like to leave it on, and just lay it on its side. I have noticed though that the unit can get VERY hot, like hard to even hold on to, after it has sat there for an hour. This does make sense, because the ceramic heater first heats the glass, then after a while the drilled metal, and then the heat will begin to disperse across all the metal.

Is this common and will just be solved by some sort of stand in the future?

mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button to avoid back to back posts.

ShadowLink12,

caseball2051

Does anyone that owns an LSV also own a log vape (MZ, PD, WDZ)?

Can you compare the direct draw of the LSV to the log vape? are they equal in effeciency? will the water tool adapter work with miniscule amounts, such as the amount that 1 log vape stem holds?

caseball2051,

Ash057

Devo: The instructions do tell you to increase the temp just a bit, but its not needed much. The bowl is not that much further away.

Shadow: Wish mine didnt have the sticker, must be nice! Maybe 7th Floor will give me permission to remove it. My LSV got really hot this weekend too. 7th Floor mentioned a samurai style stand for the LSV, but not sure how much it would help with heat after being on an hour.

Ash057,

Ash057

Caseball: The LSV is very efficient. Log vapes only brown the herbs, I have never had my log vape blacken the herbs. The current LSV bowls are larger than those of log vapes, but you can load the same amount as a log vape and it will vape it evenly. The big difference of the LSV compared to a log vape is the temp control. You can vape until brown like a log vape or crank the temp up till it's blackened.

The water pipe adapter does have a larger bowl than the transfer wands but again, you do not have fill it and can load the same amount you would in a log vape.

caseball2051 said:
Does anyone that owns an LSV also own a log vape (MZ, PD, WDZ)?

Can you compare the direct draw of the LSV to the log vape? are they equal in effeciency? will the water tool adapter work with miniscule amounts, such as the amount that 1 log vape stem holds?

Ash057,

lwien

Great review Ash. And great pics. Thank you.

Above you stated that you could fill it with the same amount of bud that you do in a log type vape (God, I hate the term "log" vape for some odd reason), but in a vape that has a larger bowl than those type vapes, what typically happens is that the air to vapor ratio gets too high when filling with such a small amount. Have you actually tried loading up the LSV with 0.025gr to see how well it works and if the hits are as satisfying as they are using that small amount in a PD/MZ ?

Getting an even burn from a small amount is one thing. Getting 3 to 4 thick, satisfying hits from a small amount is quite another. It would be great if this vape could do that.

lwien,

ShadowLink12

Activist
lwien said:
Great review Ash. And great pics. Thank you.

Above you stated that you could fill it with the same amount of bud that you do in a log type vape (God, I hate the term "log" vape for some odd reason), but in a vape that has a larger bowl than those type vapes, what typically happens is that the air to vapor ratio gets too high when filling with such a small amount. Have you actually tried loading up the LSV with 0.025gr to see how well it works and if the hits are as satisfying as they are using that small amount in a PD/MZ ?

Getting an even burn from a small amount is one thing. Getting a thick, satisfying hit from a small amount is quite another. It would be great if this vape could do that.

This is a good test, and as a PD owner I think I will try blowing a PD stem into the water piper adapter bowl and hitting it. I have not used it with the wand near enough to know how it would perform with such a small amount, but I feel I never load all that much when using it this way.

The reason you can get decent hits still with small amounts in the water pipe adapter is because you are directing the air stream. The air stream is narrow, but because of the spherical glass connection you can change the direction of the air stream as you are hitting. Now this means sometimes my friends feel they have it connected but aren't aiming at the center of the bowl, but I think the flexibility is worth the slight learning curve.

ShadowLink12,

caseball2051

Ive been good about holding off on buying multiple units up until now. :lol:

lookin forward to your PD - LSV comparison on effeciency.

caseball2051,
Top Bottom