Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I wouldn't waste my money on the WPA if I were you. That adapter should work just as good if not better, it's not like the WPA has some kind of marijuana magic infused in the glass or something. You just need to experiment with your draw speed, how much you're packing, and what temperature you're vaping at.
Well, the WPA was designed to specifically be used with the LSV. It has the pinches to keep the screen in place and has the built in restriction to help keep your draw speed at a good rate. I've never been able to reproduce the same results I get with the WPA with an adapter. I do not believe it is a waste of money at all. I much prefer the WPA over any adapter. I find it offers a more even toast and assists in producing thicker clouds than the adapters.

lwien

Well, the WPA was designed to specifically be used with the LSV. It has the pinches to keep the screen in place and has the built in restriction to help keep your draw speed at a good rate. I've never been able to reproduce the same results I get with the WPA with an adapter. I do not believe it is a waste of money at all. I much prefer the WPA over any adapter. I find it offers a more even toast and assists in producing thicker clouds than the adapters.

And the way it mates with the spherical joint of the glass heater cover. From my own experience and from everything that I have read and seen here in this thread, the shorty WPA is really the best way to go.

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
To each his own I guess, but I have both an adapter and the WPA and I get about the same results with each. Just saying if it were me, having owned both for a few months now, I wouldn't waste my money.

Jared,
Reactions: Rocket

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Very well said.
I will get the WPA in 14mm and 18mm so I don't have to use so many make shift adapters.
Great Information.
Thanks!

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging

The only issue I'm having is the screen isnt big enough to stop weed from falling down there.. The guy at the HS forgot to give me them so I used a HC screen. Maybe I can put another smaller one in there to block the other space. I don't get that big of rips either, it varies. Its harder to stir and pack bowls with this too.

ElevatedMindset,

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
They are very different for two machines that share many internal components.

My SSV gets a lot more use than my LSV, but I like them both equally. Breakdown is probably about 90% SSV, 9% LSV and 1% Vapman lol.

The SSV is a better daily driver for someone who vaporizes frequently on a daily basis (sometimes with time constraints) IMHO, as it's always at the ready, no heat up time ,etc.
I find that I can get thicker hits that fill the chamber more rapidly with my SSV with EQ screen mod than with a similar amount loaded into the LSV, it takes about 5 seconds.
I use the standard wand and HC setup, which works great and maximizes user input/control.
I use a very short whip (15cm) which I frequently replace so it doesn't have very much impact of flavour, which makes all the difference for me.
I found a long whip, even when slightly dirty, was extremely detrimental and additionally when it got sticky it seemed to catch a great deal of reclaim.
It is relatively easy to unevenly vape a wand if you are not careful, and the same can be said of combusting with the SSV.
The concentrated heat source often causes a burnt black spot in the centre if the operator has not refined his/her technique, and requires stirring ever 1-2 hits.
After summiting the learning curve the SSV becomes incredibly consistent, convenient and reliable

The LSV has it's own merits.
The reason it gets so much less use than my SSV is the heat up time, and limited ability to remain on for prolonged periods.
I did use it almost exclusively for the first 2 weeks after getting it, as its an awesome machine!!
Mine takes about 2 minutes to start producing small clouds, and 5-10 mins (depending on ambient temperature) to reach optimal temp to milk a tube with thick, white vapour.
It gets quite uncomfortably hot after about an hour.
I use the 7th floor shorty WPA, with no screen mod. From what I can tell, mine is quite a long shorty. I really like it, as with my current setup I am able to visually gauge how each load is vaping (without having to stop inhaling) and react accordingly.
When I layer fullmelt on top, I can watch it bubble away into the herbs beneath, which is oddly both reassuring and satisfying.
I find the Spherical GG of the LSV with WPA in combination with vertical orientation I think, provides for considerably more even vaporization than the SSV, and therefore means less stirring (every 2-3 hits).
When the screens get dirty this changes, as the sides generally get clogged up first and the air is forced through the centre (There is still a hot spot, but less pronounced than with the SSV in my own experience).
The GonG aspect really does put the LSV ahead of the SSV in the taste department, which is why I love it.
It is extremely capable of producing truly delicious hits when paired with some nice glass as it was intended to be.
I find it somehow hits a little harder than the SSV, I bring my LSV out for evening sessions when I want to get really baked!

@ataxian , you didn't buy the wrong vaporizer, you're going to love how hard hitting the LSV is in comparison to your current line-up!
The fact that you have a few other vaporizers to choose from negates the heat up and overheat issues, you can just use it in rotation with your others..
That said, you won't regret adding an SSV to your collection in the future.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
They are very different for two machines that share many internal components.

My SSV gets a lot more use than my LSV, but I like them both equally. Breakdown is probably about 90% SSV, 9% LSV and 1% Vapman lol.

The SSV is a better daily driver for someone who vaporizes frequently on a daily basis (sometimes with time constraints) IMHO, as it's always at the ready, no heat up time ,etc.
I find that I can get thicker hits that fill the chamber more rapidly with my SSV with EQ screen mod than with a similar amount loaded into the LSV, it takes about 5 seconds.
I use the standard wand and HC setup, which works great and maximizes user input/control.
I use a very short whip (15cm) which I frequently replace so it doesn't have very much impact of flavour, which makes all the difference for me.
I found a long whip, even when slightly dirty, was extremely detrimental and additionally when it got sticky it seemed to catch a great deal of reclaim.
It is relatively easy to unevenly vape a wand if you are not careful, and the same can be said of combusting with the SSV.
The concentrated heat source often causes a burnt black spot in the centre if the operator has not refined his/her technique, and requires stirring ever 1-2 hits.
After summiting the learning curve the SSV becomes incredibly consistent, convenient and reliable

The LSV has it's own merits.
The reason it gets so much less use than my SSV is the heat up time, and limited ability to remain on for prolonged periods.
I did use it almost exclusively for the first 2 weeks after getting it, as its an awesome machine!!
Mine takes about 2 minutes to start producing small clouds, and 5-10 mins (depending on ambient temperature) to reach optimal temp to milk a tube with thick, white vapour.
It gets quite uncomfortably hot after about an hour.
I use the 7th floor shorty WPA, with no screen mod. From what I can tell, mine is quite a long shorty. I really like it, as with my current setup I am able to visually gauge how each load is vaping (without having to stop inhaling) and react accordingly.
When I layer fullmelt on top, I can watch it bubble away into the herbs beneath, which is oddly both reassuring and satisfying.
I find the Spherical GG of the LSV with WPA in combination with vertical orientation I think, provides for considerably more even vaporization than the SSV, and therefore means less stirring (every 2-3 hits).
When the screens get dirty this changes, as the sides generally get clogged up first and the air is forced through the centre (There is still a hot spot, but less pronounced than with the SSV in my own experience).
The GonG aspect really does put the LSV ahead of the SSV in the taste department, which is why I love it.
It is extremely capable of producing truly delicious hits when paired with some nice glass as it was intended to be.
I find it somehow hits a little harder than the SSV, I bring my LSV out for evening sessions when I want to get really baked!

@ataxian , you didn't buy the wrong vaporizer, you're going to love how hard hitting the LSV is in comparison to your current line-up!
The fact that you have a few other vaporizers to choose from negates the heat up and overheat issues, you can just use it in rotation with your others..
That said, you won't regret adding an SSV to your collection in the future.
Hi Oscar:
Thank you very much for clearing this up for me as I'm ready to learn more.
I almost got a SSV about a year ago unit I got on a FLAVOR kick.
My current vaporizers I love very much however at night before bed I want a heavier hit of a INDICA based strain to help me with my sleeping disorder. Since I'm a chaser of flavor (maybe to a fault) and like a water path I decided the LSV was a perfect match for my needs. After a 4 or 5 month period I plant to add the SSV to my quiver. I don't plan to stop using my current quiver just add more devices for various needs.

Today I should receive my LSV so time to reload and re-group!

Thanks for your assessment!

Kind regards,
ataxian

Last edited:

Billtronics

Slacker Extraordinaire
I would also suggest possibly trying the Arizer dome screens for your adapter. Check out a few posts back and SSVUN-YAH posted a link to the Cloud forum but it goes over making a "screen pouch" using 2 of the dome screens. It works really great for me in my LSV and save me herb over time.

Jared is correct, you just need to "get to know" your LSV and what techniques work best for you and your smoking apparatus. Took me a bit of time to get it down. Now we're inseparable :lol:!

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

I will respectfully disagree. I much prefer a simple male to male gong rather than the wpa and I have owned both. Just personal preference.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I will respectfully disagree. I much prefer a simple male to male gong rather than the wpa and I have owned both. Just personal preference.
deadheadbill can you post a photo of your adapter configuration?

I have all kinds of adapters and a couple of Q screens.
You seem to have already been down this road!
Or do I just buy some off the shelf WPA's?

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Which is exactly why I recommend a lot of experimentation with the LSV.

Everyone's LSV is different and every LSV owner is different in the manner of which they use it. What works for one person very well may not work for another at all. I recommend purchasing A LOT of adapters. I have a shit ton of them and they all are useful at one point or another.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Well, your local vape supplier will stock them if they stock the Extreme Q..
Yeah but when I went in to see if they carried a wand for the LSV, they only had the LSV. I have a buddy that has an EQ that I just remembered I'll see if I can get one off him.

ElevatedMindset,

lwien

PuffitUp has them. Got mine in 2 days.

Edit: btw, I tried the domed EQ screens in the transfer wand of my LSV. Didn't work out too well. A bit too vaked to explain now but will tomorrow (lol........totally forgot about spell check and just spelled "tomorrow" 4 different ways before I finally got it right ).

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
yupyup.

I found the lsv to allow the most particulates through due to the screen in the wpa. The cotton eliminates this problem and catches some of the flakes along with the goodies. I also use an old mflb screen in the wpa since it is the finest I have come across. But yeah, the cotton/hemp keeps the glass cleaner so you need fewer cleanings. What really surprised me was how quickly the filter becomes good enough to use. My Cloud was getting me a good session from the filter after as little as five sessions. The LSV got me great results with the filter in less than one week.

Alan (HI) has been using this method for a while now and really has a lot of good ideas and thoughts on it (see the cotton thread). He has a very believable theory that the filter catches the larger vapor particles and allows the smaller ones to pass, making for what feels like a smoother hit. Then you get to vape these larger globs later with the filter. I have very quickly amassed a little ziplock bag of soaked hemp fiber for vaping...and it works really well in the portables, too.

Could you take a picture of that? I think I might try that with my adapter.

ElevatedMindset,
Reactions: ataxian

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
I know I was just saying they may not carry them.

Thought so, I'd guess they're more likely to have EQ screens as they do need to be replaced semi-frequently..

I found the lsv to allow the most particulates through due to the screen in the wpa.

Yes, the screen is not fine enough. I flattened an EQ dome screen and cut it to size, works like a charm ;)

Oscar_Milde,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thought so, I'd guess they're more likely to have EQ screens as they do need to be replaced semi-frequently..

Yes, the screen is not fine enough. I flattened an EQ dome screen and cut it to size, works like a charm ;)
The Postman handed the package this morning with a VAPORIZER inside.
My wife say's why do you have so much gear?
I tell her different temperatures for various effects.
What is this one for? (She asks?)
I say: "This one is for Sleeping"!
She say's: "Great, you need this"!

Last edited:
Top Bottom