Leviathan Pipes (inexpensive American Glass)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I have always loved the original Leviathan lineup. But, I've always been into dragons, serpents, mythological creatures... so that was the original draw.

Then I find out, its just the guy's name. Leviathan Longley... WTF!?

;)

NewVape

What a guy!
I really like the Slyme Lev. I'm turning more and more into a fan of a little color on my Scientific pieces. I'm a long way from becoming a "heady" guy I think it might be time for me to start adding a little color to my line up. And I know that I want my new piece to be a Lev piece.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Had to sign for a package yesterday, so I just assumed it was my showerhead bub, but it ended up being some supplies for a wood turning project I am about to start working on... tease~:p Looking forward to trying the showerhead bub.

BTW I accidentally injured Lil'Mona, she was damaged in shipping on her way to a new owner. Very bummed, and saddened by this new development, and hoping maybe it will be repairable, it was the mouthpiece stem that snapped during shipping, even though I was very careful to pad it well... :disgust: I did have enough sense to insure the package, but I don't know how well USPS honors the insurance claims, hoping for the best here. I ended up refunding the money to the person. I guess the odds were against me, as much glass as I have been passing back and forth in the mail, bound to happen one of these times. Just a damn shame.

jambandphan03,

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
Had to sign for a package yesterday, so I just assumed it was my showerhead bub, but it ended up being some supplies for a wood turning project I am about to start working on... tease~:p Looking forward to trying the showerhead bub.

BTW I accidentally injured Lil'Mona, she was damaged in shipping on her way to a new owner. Very bummed, and saddened by this new development, and hoping maybe it will be repairable, it was the mouthpiece stem that snapped during shipping, even though I was very careful to pad it well... :disgust: I did have enough sense to insure the package, but I don't know how well USPS honors the insurance claims, hoping for the best here. I ended up refunding the money to the person. I guess the odds were against me, as much glass as I have been passing back and forth in the mail, bound to happen one of these times. Just a damn shame.

Its a bit complicated to package. You have to wrap the tube in a way to support the mouth piece. Lay a layer of bubble wrap to prevent movement and compress foam peanuts to allow a solid piece.

Takavor23,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Its a bit complicated to package. You have to wrap the tube in a way to support the mouth piece. Lay a layer of bubble wrap to prevent movement and compress foam peanuts to allow a solid piece.

I did all that, and then some, but I think my box may have been too short, it was a snug fit, the MP was close to the end of the box, so that is where I think I went wrong. Lesson to learn here is always use a large enough box so there is plenty of room around the entire piece. I padded all sides with bubble wrap and those air bladders, and peanuts to fill the gaps, after wrapping everything thick with bubble wrap, and I even put padding on either end of the box hoping to absorb any impact, but it was still not enough. I usually try to bombproof any glass I ship.

jambandphan03,

way2

How tall is that beast BDV? holy s@#t....when you clear it it sounds a little scary! Lol like a toilet flushing....in a good, slightly intimidating way...(think vapor flushing down your throat!!) Thats a lot of volume!! I like it! I bet it doesn't take long to get where you wanna be with that thing :D

Also that showerhead is beautiful!! Nice work Lev!!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Jam that was fast to sell the Lil Mona. What are you getting instead cause I know you are getting something.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have the showerhead on order, not sure how soon it will be ready. That was a damn shame about that mona breaking. Nothing I can do about it now. I don't know how long it will take to hear back from USPS either... what ever ends up happening, it was a lesson learned for sure. I look forward to the showerhead. I am finding I just prefer smaller pieces.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom