Is reclaim actually worth it?

Is reclaim worth the effort

• Lol no.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Eh... how desperate are you?

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I mean, I’ve heard you can use it again?

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dude... it’s free weed. You get to use it twice.

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • It’s better the second time than the first.

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got a reclaim adapter for my dabbing glass and ended up hating everything I got out of it. Tasted terrible, left a lot of residue, and gave me gross phlegm coughs for a while afterwards. Get's me crazy high, but I just hate vaping it too much. Might be good for edibles.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I started rinsing my reclaim into this pint of 190-proof grain alcohol (Everclear) about a week ago when I cleaned all my vapes stems & glass. I don't know how long I'll keep adding more reclaim by washing all my stems and glass with it for a while. A few months? A year, maybe? And then I can reduce it into a tincture that I can either use sublingually, or add to a drink or shake/smoothie. It's the first time I've tried anything like this, so it's my little experiment at the moment. I'm curious to see if I can make something really potent from reclaim oil.

There's a reasonable amount of reclaim in there from my dab rig and dropdown. I thought it would be a good start :razz:
IMG-0206.jpg

Last edited:

shredder

I do and I use my abv. I really don't have to, but I think the effects in canna caps makes it worth the hassle. 3-4 times a year I render reclaim, abv, and any old dried out buds into oil. And eventually it gets made into canna caps. I've never tested it but it generally works well for nighttime medication.

Ramahs

@Ramahs that's my plan too, except i want to then add that to my avb tincture to get the most out of everything!

I was thinking of also making AVB tincture, and then mixing them later.
Also, I recently acquired a Slugg.33 Rosin Forge, and I've been saving the pucks from my presses. I plan to eventually grind those up and add them to the jar, maybe in the last month or two before I decide the jar will be done. I plan to have an interesting mix!

Tincture should work. The more reclaim salvaged the better.
Evaporate fully and add mct oil

Why fully evaporate and then add MCT oil? I don't consider the burn from holding the alcohol in my mouth to be a big deal.

Ramahs

I evaporate for better dosage control reducing the volume means my tincture is around 2mg per drop.

I get that. I said I planned to "reduce" (evaporate) mine down to a tincture as well.

What I didn't get is why you were going beyond that...to completely evaporate it away fully, and then dissolve it into MCT oil. So your tincture is now in an MCT oil solution instead of an alcohol solution. That's a couple of extra steps I didn't plan on taking after I had my jar reduced/evaporated down to a tincture potency, and I'm trying to understand why you suggest those extra steps, in case those extra steps are steps that I should consider taking.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Mct oil supposedly increases the absorption of both thc and cbd.
The added bonus it improves the taste of the tincture.
I have blended it with RSO and also CBD Isolate.

Ramahs

Mct oil supposedly increases the absorption of both thc and cbd.
The added bonus it improves the taste of the tincture.
I have blended it with RSO and also CBD Isolate.

I got ya. I wonder how much more absorption it gives, because I don't like holding oil under my tongue.
I'd much rather the bad taste of the alcohol tincture than the feel of the oil...unless it's significantly improves the absorption.

Plus, with the alcohol tincture, I could easily put however many drops I need in a drink, and I don't necessarily want to add oil to a drink.

As far as CBD goes, I've been dabbing CBD isolate lately, and the reclaim from that is going into the mix, so it should have an elevated amount CBD.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
All the tinctures I purchased commercially were mct oil base so my research lead me in that direction.
Since I am only dosing 6-10 drops I find the oil has a very light texture.
For me the effects are virtually instantaneousl
As for addding to beverages it is very commonly used in coffee anything cold maybe not so much.
I prefer subliminal ingestion as it goes directly into the blood stream instead of having to be processed through the liver.

Ramahs

All the tinctures I purchased commercially were mct oil base so my research lead me in that direction.
Since I am only dosing 6-10 drops I find the oil has a very light texture.
For me the effects are virtually instantaneousl
As for addding to beverages it is very commonly used in coffee anything cold maybe not so much.
I prefer subliminal ingestion as it goes directly into the blood stream instead of having to be processed through the liver.

Thanks for the info. :tup:
I'll do more reading in that direction before I decide what to do.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
originally the definition of a cannabis tincture was washing flower in alcohol or glycerine as the solvent to hold the compounds in solution, somehow that has been extrapolated to now included edible oils, which are lipid infusions and not really the same thing.

alcohol based tinctures have the best absorption sublingually, but the more potent the alcohol used (and the more potent the tincture) the more it tends to burn in your mouth.

glycerine tinctures are lower potency, although I am pretty sure I know of a way to increase that.

edible lipid extractions still tend to mostly be broken down by the liver, as I'm not aware of a mechanism that works for sublingual lipids the same was as the other carriers I mentioned.

lots of folks don't succeed with edibles due to the oil base used in almost all baked goods, they commonly have insufficient hydrochloric acid in their stomachs, lack some digestive enzymes, or have other mal-absorption issues. the MCT may be easier to break down, but how much, I dunno.

C No Ego

I started rinsing my reclaim into this pint of 190-proof grain alcohol (Everclear) about a week ago when I cleaned all my vapes stems & glass. I don't know how long I'll keep adding more reclaim by washing all my stems and glass with it for a while. A few months? A year, maybe? And then I can reduce it into a tincture that I can either use sublingually, or add to a drink or shake/smoothie. It's the first time I've tried anything like this, so it's my little experiment at the moment. I'm curious to see if I can make something really potent from reclaim oil.

There's a reasonable amount of reclaim in there from my dab rig and dropdown. I thought it would be a good start :razz:
IMG-0206.jpg

I let it evap completely and the oil clings to th ebottom edges of jar... I then add coconut oil and let it sit in there a few days while it absorbs all the stuck oils from the glass... then use that coconut oil

originally the definition of a cannabis tincture was washing flower in alcohol or glycerine as the solvent to hold the compounds in solution, somehow that has been extrapolated to now included edible oils, which are lipid infusions and not really the same thing.

alcohol based tinctures have the best absorption sublingually, but the more potent the alcohol used (and the more potent the tincture) the more it tends to burn in your mouth.

glycerine tinctures are lower potency, although I am pretty sure I know of a way to increase that.

edible lipid extractions still tend to mostly be broken down by the liver, as I'm not aware of a mechanism that works for sublingual lipids the same was as the other carriers I mentioned.

lots of folks don't succeed with edibles due to the oil base used in almost all baked goods, they commonly have insufficient hydrochloric acid in their stomachs, lack some digestive enzymes, or have other mal-absorption issues. the MCT may be easier to break down, but how much, I dunno.

Bile acids and cannabinoids go hand in hand... they are the first acids to start to metabolize cannabinoids when ingested. getting as much absorption from that as possible puts more cannabinoids into the blood faster

Ramahs

I used that jar of infused Everclear a month or two ago. I got impatient.

Plus, I got rather sick for several days, and I really needed to sleep. A couple shots of that worked lovely.
One day I took 4-shots of it over about an hour at home, around 8pm...and a couple hours later I was starting to get worried I was going to be too fucked up to go to work in 10-hours as I began to get closer to the peak of the high. I was fine in the morning, but gat-damn, that was an uplifting and lovely night!

I will definitely make more...and no need to reduce, as the 180-proof alcohol buzz mingles very nicely with the cannabinoid high.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I have a whole new appreciation for reclaim these days.

Have had nothing but reclaim for the last 4 months, and fortunately had enough of it to last 3 of them, so here’s my new learnings:

If you don’t scrape the bowls you skip the raunchy taste: without that, reclaim tastes more like resin than not;
Even on the 4th rewash, you can still get the ‘relaxation response’;
Don’t just wash your rig: wash the tools, the storage containers, the trays, everything - a cup of ISO loaded with goo yields around undo three grams (for me, anyway);
ISO will completely evaporate if you let it, rendering your goo free of any taint;
Don’t bother filtering it, you’ll just lose smokeable weight.

My favorite way to use is to sandwich a glob between two screens and drop it into a spoon pipe.

Sadly, I’m out for reals, now. Def glad I had it, def sad that two quarts of rinse went missing during the move in ‘17.

YMMV, duh...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Don’t bother filtering it, you’ll just lose smokeable weight.
I always winterize previously to filter, if you get your filter wet with alcohol before to put your reclaim in, it helps to lower the loss. Taste of winterized reclaim is much more better and filtering remove a lot of dust/herb species too which taste nasty.

Although I agree there is reclaim and reclaim; one is a clear, gold and smelly one you can collect generally on a specific point and this reclaim is best tasting without any alcohol/iso; another is the black goo/yellow dusty honey you can reclaim while soaking stems, screens or mp or cleaning bubbler for weed, you need alcohol here and the taste seems to suffer of that (and cause it's a dirty reclaim) and there is the one you can collect in a dab rig which is more potent and more tasty too.

Another thing I noticed, the higher are the temperature, the more reclaim you'll get BUT the higher are the temperature, the worst in taste the reclaim is... I saw that when I switched from torch dabbing to enail I lowered a lot my temperature and noticed my rig can handle a lot more dabs before cleaning!

Edit: Sorry you only get reclaim to vape @ClearBlueLou , if you come in France soon, give me a visit and I'll complete your stash!

Top Bottom