is hotknifing actually vaporizing?

TheVaporDaddy

alot of people refer titanium pads and hotknives as vaporizing but it looks like combustion to me ,so is hotknives and titanium pads actually vaporizing ?

TheVaporDaddy,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
TheVaporDaddy said:
alot of people refer titanium pads and hotknives as vaporizing but it looks like combustion to me ,so is hotknives and titanium pads actually vaporizing ?
Vaporizing on ti pads and hot knives is achieved through conduction.

quomist,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You'll have be to more specific.

If you're talking about plant material, it depends on the temperature of the knives. Traditionally they are heated beyond vaporization temps and the material ignites. With practice I don't see any reason why one couldn't vaporize using hot knives.

If you're talking about BHO- there is no plant matter to combust, so it doesn't matter if the Ti pad is scorching hot. It's like dripping water on a hot pan; it evaporates cleanly because there's nothing to burn.

jimbo

winterize
I used to do silver bullets ( little bit of bud in tin foil ) with hot knives when I was a kid, what was left was dark brown, so I guess I was vaporizing and didn't even know it :D

jimbo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Back in the days of stupidity 35 or so years ago, we would heat two butter-style knives red hot on the coils of an electric stove and combust hash, buds, etc between the knives and attempt to inhale it through a hurricane lamp shade which we held at the ready.

Ah, memories. There is no 'cess' like 'excess'.

macbill,
Top Bottom