IRC Chat trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Banned
Maybe it's time to move to another server, these last few days i've noticed some weird client behaviour. Am i the only one to wonder?

Egzoset,

lwien

I wonder how this is "Vapor related but not model specific" ? ;)

lwien,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
server hasnt been nice to me also. also wish it wouldn't log me out of the chat if i close my laptop.

gettin lifted,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I haven't been coming in lately cuz it was dead whenever I used to visit. I guess I'll give it a go and see if it's wonky.

Edited. Jumped in with the widget and chat seems to be working okay at the moment. Didn't try IRC client yet.

Edit # 2 Seems to be working with chat client as well. Will keep eyes open and see if it acts up.

Lo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It is an IRC server and sometimes it splits from the rest of the IRC, which is inevitable. Other than that it is a well-behaved.

If anyone has problems then they are almost certainly client issues. My first advice is don't use either of the web clients. They will drop your connection at and in the blink of an eye. Get a client that runs independently, such as mIRC for Windows, or use a browser client such as Chatzilla for Firefox or the built-in client in Opera. (Disclaimer: Of the aforementioned, the only one I have used is the Opera client and that just to see how well it worked. It is pretty good.)

My preference is to run a proper IRC client (irssi) from a *nix shell. I have no IRC server problems at all.

pakalolo,

Egzoset

Banned
I've started using 'Pidgin' a couple days ago and things appear to have improved a great deal, maybe i was having trouble with the widget(s) which depend on JAVA and/or JAVAScript, whatever...

Euh... I think it would be appropriate to ad this link on the "Chat Room" page: irc://irc.rizon.net/fuckcombustion, for the convenience of ChatZilla users, for example.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol... I've been hanging out last couple days and using Chatzilla. Seems to be working well with that.

Lo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom