ChuckRock

Yeah looks like i will have to eat my words.
O&B have come through on the customer service department and sent me this email
Thank you for your emails. After extensive analysis and investigation of your feedback, we are responding to the situation by replacing the plastic mouthpiece connection with stainless steel.

We will be sending you a replacement shortly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
This is superb news, not just for me but all the community affected.

and a big thumbs up for Ogelsby and Butlers rep and customer service.

ChuckRock,

Zemis

Love the ideal elevatorman718.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones that never had issues with the melting stems. Do got to say thou its nice to see folks coming together to help with a solution. Thank You Guys :)

I also received and email for Ogelsby and Butlers yesterday that they received my unit and is still waiting to be looked at by there engineer. Was getting a bit worried there - was over 2 weeks and was getting concerned it got lost in shipping nice to hear they received it.

Anyone in the USA have a rough ideal on return time once they ship it back out? I have a vacation coming up soon and would love to take unit. Plus was wonder what method they used in case it I was away when it was returned. Would hate to see it returned to them as undeliverable.

Zemis,

lime_joe

I just got the same email from iolite today too. Very exciting news for sure. I recently ordered plastic replacements from eBay, but they had the "x" on the bottom, and so far two of those have broken off. So I'm definitely looking forward to the new stainless steel replacements.

lime_joe,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Okay so I tried replying to the Iolite email I received and the email bounced back to me as undeliverable. I sent another...same result. I was not using a comcast email.

I wanted to see about getting 2 mouthpieces since I have 2 units but... Damn! Anyone else get their emails bounced back? Is there another email to use for contact? I used support@my-iolite.com

Lo,

elevatorman718

lo said:
Okay so I tried replying to the Iolite email I received and the email bounced back to me as undeliverable. I sent another...same result. I was not using a comcast email.

I wanted to see about getting 2 mouthpieces since I have 2 units but... Damn! Anyone else get their emails bounced back? Is there another email to use for contact? I used support@my-iolite.com
This was happening during last weekend as well. There is definitely a problem with their email server from time to time. It's probably overfull with warranty requests. :/

elevatorman718,
Hello everybody, I would like to thank you guys for posting all of your info on this forum, I found it very interesting and as a result decided to buy my iolite...

I received it in the mail this past monday, took me about 3 hours, because I had to go to many different stores, to find a SMALL butane bottle to fill the thing up... The regular sized one I bought at Big 5 did not have a long enough nozzle.

Anyway, after the i finally got it working I was impressed, it definitely did the trick. But the very next day, as in yesterday, I tried to use it and the after about 5 mintues, the nozzle just fell off, i was upset, but I had read on this forum that it was a common problem. So I tried later on that day with my replacement nozzle, and the same thing happened...

Now I am trying to e-mail customer support, WITH PICTURES, and the e-mail keeps getting kicked back... hahaah I agree with elevatorman718, the server is probably FULL with warranty questions... :/

ModernMogul,

willieR

Been here since 2009
"You'll get your free fix to a problem that went on far too long... but you have to successfully send us an email..." hahahaha

willieR,

yolky

Okay, so I got my IOLITE about one week ago and will give my reviews on it to the best of my ability. The unit seems to work well, providing an adequate amount of vapor. The unit seems to reach to operating temperature in a short amount of time, about 1 minute at most. When I pack the IOLITE, I fill the bowl to its capacity, approx .5g of ground product. I don't over pack it to allow a good heat dispersion. I don't really use the extended mouth piece as I find it unnecessary, although others might prefer to use the extender. This is how my bowl cycle goes:

1. Once I pack the bowl with the ground product about .5g, I flick the switch to on position
2. Once I hear the rush of butane, I click on the pilot switch which will usually ignite and am able to see the orange heating element.
3. After about 1minute (from a cold start), the orange element and butane sound stop, and I steadily and slowly draw vapor for about 10-14 seconds, then exhale.
4. At the end of the 10-14 seconds, the IOLITE thermostat kicks back on and reheats for about 5 seconds or so.
5. Once it stops reheating, I then take a second inhale, and repeat this process over and over.
6. From a .5g packed bowl, it seems i'm able to take around 10 cycles, maybe a little more, before the herb is spent.
7. Once the bowl has been "spent", I switch the unit off and empty the spent material out right away.

My biggest question/ gripe with the IOLITE:
1. The efficiency of the butane mechanism is very poor!

My butane scource I use are either of the two products, Vector (x5 refined), or the Colibri butane. With the above vaporizing scenario, I am only able to hit the IOLITE in this fashion for 4 fully packed bowls. At that time, I HAVE to refill the unit. As we speak, I'm reading the IOLITE reviews thread and am on page 14 out of 50. According to what I have read so far from the representative himself, the IOLITE butane system with a full fuel tank will last 2 hours. I cannot get anywhere near close to this performance. In actuality, the IOLITE probably runs about 30min at most on a full tank. This 30min time frame is based on the fact that it takes me about 8min for me to vaporize a .5g bowl.

The only thing I can think of is that I need to release any trapped air? that might be left in the fuel system before I reload a fresh tank of butane? I would think brand new, the IOLITE wouldn't have ANY trapped air in the system, but I could be wrong? I would expect any trapped air in the system would reduce the performance, however when the IOLITE Rep is claiming 2 hours of use on a full tank, and I can only get 30min, something isn't right.

Other then the fuel efficiency, I am quite happy with the IOLITE unit thus far. I am concerned about how often I can use this to be considered "normal use". My gut feeling is that this unit should NOT be your main source of vape, but used primarily in travel situations only. Because of this, I am going to be ordering the Vriptech Heat Wand system as this seems to be the best route to go.

Any responses regarding the Butane Fuel Efficiency would be excellent. Thank you for taking the time in reading my lengthy review.

yolky,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Thank you. That is a serious piece of goods. Are they also offered for sale?

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I also received the email for a replacement. I was wondering about buying one at the same time. I'll order online and then email this fact.

Thanks

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
What mouthpiece product are we ordering? the 3-pack? Will your cart support US$?

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
iolite said:
willieR said:
What mouthpiece product are we ordering? the 3-pack? Will your cart support US$?
Yes you can order the 3pack extended mouthpiece. That is the only configuration we sell the mouthpieces in unless you want the whole herb chamber also which only come with 1 short mouthpiece.
No our cart does not support $USD. We trade in EUR only.
Will the shopping cart take a credit card?

willieR,

elevatorman718

High iolite,
Happy to see your back and with the new changes!! Please pardon some of my previous cynicism as I'm sure this problem has been no party for you or your company to get through, plus the email server giving you problems on top of that.
Let me commend you on your perseverance in attempting to make things right for your customers that are having difficulties and are frustrated. Sometimes we forget how innovative and new some of the products coming to market are these days. Remember the first cellular phones how large and quirky they were, always dropping calls. That was frustrating too but we all got through it and they became more refined with time, technology and customer feedback. Who could have foreseen a small portable vaporizer like the iolite being produced and sold to the masses without a few minor setbacks? Thanks for not leaving us in the lurch as this is a great product with great potential. Gary :)

elevatorman718,
iolite said:
willieR said:
No chance that I order today and get shipped old mouthpieces?
No chance whatsoever as long as you email us with your order number afterwards and request the new mouthpices with stainless steel threads.
Thanks alot for your feedback iolite. I will order my new mouthpiece today...

At this point guys, I believe if this is your only vaporizer (like me) then you should go ahead and eat the conversion fee, it shouldn't be anything more than a couple of bucks.

ModernMogul,

yolky

Okay, I'm pretty bummed out. I got through about 36 pages of this thread today reading everything! I purchased my IOLITE about one week ago directly from a shop. I got home today from work and wanted to clean my piece, paying very close attention when unscrewing the mouth piece, and guess what? Yup, the mouthpiece developed a small hairline fracture just from carefully unscrewing it. The threads didn't fail me as such, but now I have a mouth piece that isn't airtight.

As I understand from a page back, they are going to be shipping out newly constructed mouth pieces with a stainless steal thread? I looked to see if I saved my receipt from the purchase, but to no avail, it looks like my receipt is gone. Am I up the creek without a paddle? Am I able to obtain this new mouth piece? Do I have to purchase this or does my warantee cover this? Am I screwed because I didn't keep the receipt? If anyone can provide me any assistance I would sure appreciate it.

I see that vapenow sells a 3pack of mouth pieces for $15. Seems pretty expensive for a plastic piece, especially when you have to factor in shipping as well which makes it $20. I'm interested in the new mouth piece that Mr. Iolite is speaking about. Just provide me with instructions on how to get it.:D

Thanks for reading.

yolky,

ChuckRock

Hey Yolky

just send them an email with a pic of your broken stem and your address.
They will send you a new one out when they become available

ChuckRock,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi, I just wanted to say I received another email from Iolite... They are sending me 2 replacement stems for my 2 units when the new SS pieces come out :) I emailed that alternate address yesterday and received response in less than 24hrs.

I appreciate the stand up service and hopefully the solution to this problem!! The customer service is appreciated!!! Thank you!!

Lo,

Jive Turkey

Well, my stem broke off today - the day of my birthday. What are the odds? :(

Anyways, I'm going to ask the company for more replacements, but until then, I have ANOTHER complication.

I took the herb chamber/mouthpiece off from the unit as usual, and this time I noticed that the metal cylindrical herb chamber piece is stuck to the heating rod on the unit, and not to the actual mouthpiece part. I tried to pull it off, but it's stuck on there well and I'm afraid I'll break it if I force it.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Jive Turkey,
Top Bottom