willieR

Been here since 2009
Vector is commonly described as the cleanest Butane available. Recommended for honey oil extractions. Your observations don't sync with common descriptions of the vector product all over the internet.

willieR,

vape4health

Try it , you only need some vector and a mirror , Im talkin like a tiny one second spray and you see white stuff anywhere that the butane touched the mirror .

vape4health,

shotgunwilly

sorry to hear that yewrev, yes, they will send you more stems if you contact their customer service, (they asked me for a pic which i havent gotten around to yet) that said though, i dont know anyone yet to get replacement stems that worked... they were still working thru some bad stock they had, (for some reason i want to say some 10000 stems were faulty) although stealth1 has a new unit and hasnt mentioned a bad stem yet...which may indicate theyve used up all the bad shit. i ended up just buying the replacements when mine melted...(i know it sucked having to buy them, but i was too impatient to wait for shit to come from ireland....) i bought my stems from warehouse goods on ebay, (look under ebay stores...) it was about $15 including the shipping... but, the stems havent failed yet, so, i guess its all good....

ok willieR, i took the vape4health squirt test.... vector vs. yellow can shit, (neon) vs. near empty can of vector squirted on a mirror.... all left some residue... neon by far the worse, leaving the equivalent of a dirty finger print smudge on the glass, to assign it a number for comparison, with 1 being like milk and 10 like water, i would give the neon (yellow can shit) a 3...the vector full can left a ghost of a pattern, but no where near the neon, i would give it about an 7-8.... and interestingly enough, the almost empty vector was just as opaque as the neon...a 3 on my scale.... which, (although not extremely scientific,) definitely makes a strong case for my previous post about my suspicion of impurities being present at the end of a butane can... regardless of brand...(i had noticed this after my iolite started acting up toward the end of the butane can) hope some other folks try it and post their findings.... :/ also, does anyone know how to post pictures or video?

shotgunwilly,

vape4health

I know everyone says to hit the IO slow and steady but a friend and I was messin around with methods of hitting and packing ect , Im gonna try this some more but we was liking hitting it hard , like you would hit a pipe but a longer draw . The hits was making us cough and the buzz was more full more smoke like :ko: This will require ALOT more testing :brow:

We did notice that if you pull a bunch of air when the iolite is heating ( after the first heat cycle ) you can hear the amount of butane change or at least it sounds like its using a bunch more . Maybe it lets the IO get a little hotter coming off a heat cycle because of it fighting the cooling of a big draw , IDK . The ABV come out the same as with a slow draw but something felt different .

vape4health,

Zemis

Hi all,

Just made a account to share my experiences with my iolite. I bought my unit in May and it worked up until the middle of September so about 5 months of heavy use.

I used my unit numerous times a day. I found I used it at home over the vapor cannon I have - due to it being small and easy to keep close by when doing household projects. So basically this unit got a lot of use.

However as much as I love the unit, I feel from reading these forums and other vaporizer forums along with my personal experiences that it's not really designed to be a heavy use device. I used a high quality butane from the start and it still got to the point after 5 months that it clogged up and would no longer light.

I never experienced any of the stem issues - but that might be because I always removed the stem white the unit was still hot . I found the times I forgot to remove stem after unit cooled it was a real pain so to remove. It is much easy to turn back on heat it up to remove stem less chance of breakage.

Waiting for unit to be repaired by Iolite so I can't really comment yet on customer Service. I do wish that they had an authorized dealer in the USA for repairs/replacements. It's over 30 bucks to send it back to Ireland, hopefully in the future they would consider something along that line for repairs.

Is it worth the retail price ? -sadly I have to say no at this point. Too many others reporting units dieing after a few months and although it has a 2 year warranty - for someone to pay 30 bucks every few months (if in USA) to have it fixed greatly increases cost.

So guess my bottom line is that its a great unit when working. Would I recommend it? I guess that would depend of what the person usage is.

I feel if you use the unit occasionally it would be a great investment and you would more than likely get a couple of years or more of use before it clogs.

For a more heaver user I have mixed feelings on recommending it. Considering there are not many options in the portable market and when it worked it did the job really are some nice pluses. Having said that thou the price is on the high side and you have to weigh in the cost of sending it in for repairs along with the lack of a working unit well waiting for repair is something to consider.

Zemis,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I think that's not reflecting the general iolite user group opinions. Sounds overly alarmist.

I have never heard of anyone having to send their unit back more than once. "Too many others reporting units dieing after a few months and although it has a 2 year warranty - for someone to pay 30 bucks every few months (if in USA) to have it fixed greatly increases cost." This isn't the case. Not sure why you would say such a thing.

Clogs are rare, as is the return of the entire unit to Ireland. It certainly does happen, but it is definitely the exception, rather than the rule.

willieR,

reece

willieR said:
I have never heard of anyone having to send their unit back more than once.
I have and I've said so a few times in this thread. It was for two different problems. The first time the unit was replaced. The second time it was repaired. Although it isn't happening as frequently, I am having the same issue that was supposed to be addressed with the repair. I will probably send it in again when/if the issue gets in the way of using the product (like last time). I think it is a great product overall. But it's like having an employee who is great at the job he/she does, but has attendance issues. It is awesome when it works but it is that much more of a let down when it doesn't.

reece,

Zemis

Sorry willie I have to disagree that I am being a alarmist as much as I love the unit just trying to give my personal opinion and feelings on my experience so far.

As for units being needed to be sent in more than once hopefully it will be shown that I am wrong on this - it would be nice to hear other user confirm longtime heavy use.

WilleR the fact remains that people are having issues and it does seems to be the mostly the heavy users. From personal experience and just reading this post there are enough examples of user units clogging up to be of concern. I am not sure if I can link to other forums or not but there are other examples on them of the same issues and problems.

I guess maybe I expect to much from a 250 dollar device but the fact remains that my unit clogged up and needed to be returned for repairs at a cost to the me things like this need to be considered by people before buying.

Honestly for the price of the unit iolite really should pay for the shipment both ways for defective units. If the problem really isn't widespread then its a great customer service. If the problems are widespread then things like this will help them to learn on what needs to be changed to improve the unit thus saving them more returns.

Zemis,

stealth1

I've used my new Iolite for 2 sessions now. As far as my background using vaporizers, this is my first time; combusting is 15 years. First session, the vapor is visable in the right lighting. Everything seems to work like it's supposed to. Session 2: after a few bowls, the mouthpiece got soft and BROKE. While changing bowls, the herb chamber gets pretty hot and I can understand the mouthpiece stem breaking since its so close to all the hot action. Emailed CS, they are sending me the replacement.

stealth1,

sundaddy

Take the 30 day challenge when starting to vape, then see if you want to go back. The mouthpieces have a fissure or fault line running through them and come apart when heated, not actually melting. Mine are solid as a rock, same one used daily for 3 months. Hope you get some good replacements.

sundaddy,

Zemis

I agree with sundaddy I haven't needed to use anything since May but a vaporizer and I couldn't see ever going back to smoking.

I can see thou where someone new to vaping would have take a bit of adjustment when using a iolite. I had already been using a vaporcannon vaporizer before I bought the iolite so I guess I was use to the differences between smoking and Vaping.

Since I use it for medical reason I really enjoy the control it allows me on dosages. I really like the vapor amount from the iolite is just right for maintaining pain relief and also allows me to function during the day. Plus if i need a heaver dosage at night its still more than able to do the job just takes a few more hits.

Add that to the stealth aspect of the unit and its was a win win for me.
My only complaints at this time is reliability issues and warranty turn around time I just checked email again today and still no response back on if they even received unit I sent in for repairs on the 9/21. Really hoping they at least will respond before the weekend on my unit status. I miss my baby :)

Zemis,

shotgunwilly

give it a chance stealth1, if you can fix your stem issue... i used to love combustion too, till i started vaping right... now combustion tastes like im smoking ass hair and grass clippings...maybe mod your bowl a little... i go with, from the stem, two retaining rings, seated at ridge at the bottom (stem side) of the bowl, with a screen thats slightly larger than the bowl pushed down and seated on the retaining rings... the idea is to get a good head space... i also remove the screen on the pin side, (if yours has a screen, newer ones dont evidently...) and i put my herb in the main unit, where the pin is... i find it works well with small or large loads that way... and i found if i draw immediately after the initial warm up nice and slow, i get big vapor... :o

shotgunwilly,

stealth1

Yea, I'm definetely going to vape much more from now on. The smell is a big issue for me when smoking. As far as the Iolite, I'm definetely not hitting it right to get the best results. A few times, I can definetely feel the vapor on my throat. Most of the time, I was inhaling way too often hit after hit resulting in thinner hits.

stealth1,

shotgunwilly

ok... so, im going to be getting a second vaporizer... from what im hearing so far, the purple days is the way to go... anyone else care to weigh in? it just cant be uber expensive... thanks ahead of time!

shotgunwilly,

reece

MyrtleZap if you don't want to wait for the PD and if brass doesn't bother you. I have two and have no need for another but I keep trying to talk myself into buying a third.:lol:

reece,

elevatorman718

High Everyone , My first post after reading through the whole thread (57 pages)

Im a new iolite owner. I love this little unit, however I too am suffering from the defective mouthpiece problem as both of mine broke within 24 hours of ownership while not being touched!! Just seemed to melt while on its side and fall out. Here's the other thing I cant seem to be able to send iolite an email as it keeps coming back as undeliverable. Anyone else having the same problem? Gary

elevatorman718,

vape4health

elevatorman , when I checked out the iolite site , I seen a thing that they cant get mail from comcast.net . That was a few days ago and I havnt looked again so maybe thats not the problem.

vape4health,

elevatorman718

vape4health said:
elevatorman , when I checked out the iolite site , I seen a thing that they cant get mail from comcast.net . That was a few days ago and I havnt looked again so maybe thats not the problem.
Thanks V4H, I dont have comcast and I tried from several accounts to no avail. I guess I will have to wait until Monday when they open for business to contact them.

I would like to make a stainless steel nipple for these units for a tube connection. I'm going to look into having some made at a local shop next week. If Im successful I will let everyone know. Gary

elevatorman718,

vape4health

If you can sell them tube connections for a good price , I'll have at least one . That would be perfect , something just long enough to get a tube stuck on it . :peace:

vape4health,

rayski

I got a new mouthpiece and chamber from Got Vape a couple of weeks ago and of course the new mouthpiece, with the four hash marks at the base, broke after a few days of use. I called Got Vape and they sent me a package of 3 mouthpieces free of charge.
The new mouthpieces have wider hash marks that don't look like those on the one that broke or as pictured in this thread. I took my Iinhale for a test drive and so far so good.
It looks like there might be a new batch of mouth pieces that hopefully aren't as prone to break.

rayski,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I love the SS nipple idea, I'm sure there'd be a good bit of interest in one ;) I know I'd take 2 or 3 myself :D

Lo,
Top Bottom