1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Interplanetary Development

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by InterplanetaryTanner, Jan 9, 2017.

1. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey UnKnowItAll

@InterplanetaryTanner quick question- I think I remember some really cool pick-type tool on your site. I tried to find the other day and had no luck. Did you ever have such a product or am I just high? TIA

InterplanetaryTanner likes this.
  2. InterplanetaryTanner

InterplanetaryTanner Interplanetary Development Accessory Maker

Hmm. That's a great question.

The SWI has a standard guitar pick. And the SWII has a metal pick that contours to the edge.

Then, there also was a mock up of a multi tool type thing we posted on instagram that was never put into production.

Does one of those sound familiar?

JCharles likes this.
  3. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey UnKnowItAll

Sorry mate, I wasn't very clear. It wasn't a guitar pick, but a SS double_ended tool. I thought it was in accessories. No worries, could've sworn it was ID but obviously I dreamt the whole thing! You are a rock star getting back to me so fast, and FC rocks for giving us a place to do this! Thank you sir.

4. InterplanetaryTanner

I don't know. Is 6 hours fast? We definitely don't have a stainless steel double ended tool though. But I do think I know what you are talking about, maybe. Or at least, I've seen similar type of tools as what I imagine it is that you've dreamt up. lol

Here's the stainless steel pick that comes with the SWII and the prototype we never made that I mentioned above.

[​IMG]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqhXpEAew1/

pxl_jockey, The Beagle and JCharles like this.
  5. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

You should make one then as I can't find the one I want: a small but deep scoop on one end to load weed and a pointy tool on the other side to do various vape related stuff. Not needle point sharp, just pointy.

6. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey UnKnowItAll

^this. NewVape has the scoop end right with their Pax Loading Tool, but the one I imagined was longer with a pointy end. Like 6-8 inches long. Oh well, I'll keep looking and won't clutter your thread.

And YES, 6 hours is pretty dang fast response time for any company. Especially for some random question from some random hippie! Can't think of any other forum that has this level of interaction between manufacturers and customers; so glad I stumbled through the door... anyway, you are amazing.

7. InterplanetaryTanner

Thats kinda of the idea on the multitool mock up that I linked to on Instagram. The problem I have is that I don't believe the scoops are useful. I bought a scoop, but that thing is practically useless. The one time I tried to use it I was so disappointed that I think I threw it away. And all other scoops I've seen look similar. - I've also never really needed something pointy. Because I always just use go on a tooth pick hunt…

So, I guess I could use one too. But the problem then becomes what does it look like, and how is it useful to everybody?

You know, totally unrelated, but I'll have a ton of "needle tools" here shortly. It supposed to be a pottery tool, so it's not necessarily a custom solution or anything, but it might be just what you're looking for.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/p...MIt4aktI6j1gIVSQaGCh3SkwgoEAQYASABEgI2CPD_BwE

Don't feel bad about spamming this place up. This thread could use more spam.

Everyone else:

The Launch Pad is currently scheduled for delivery on Friday!
    (But thats subject to change.)

8. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey UnKnowItAll

Heck yeah, I'd like one of those! Can't believe I didn't think of good old Dick. I've ordered quite a few times from them over the years. So your great link kicked off the two neutrons currently on duty and it hit me: wax and plaster detailing tools, they're like dental picks.

They have them at Dick Blick's and amazon of course, I'm too lazy to link for you fuckers. I'm sorry, it's juvenile but leaving out any reference to combustion makes me smile. Also these tools called minarettes, don't get them at Dicks - too $$$. Go to amazon, any search for minarettes or stainless steel pick spatula tool will turn up many 3 piece sets $10-20, I think.

I'm primarily thinking of using for grinder cleaning but now I wonder if that's a bad idea. Don't want to scratch the anodized surface. But I still want your pick tool when they arrive. Enjoyed this! :peace:

9. InterplanetaryTanner

If you like Dick, you Might like Jerry's too: http://www.jerrysartarama.com

Harbor Freight is also solid: https://www.harborfreight.com - I picked up some dental pick like things a week ago for like $4 before a coupon.

The 'needle tool' were getting is pretty much exactly like the one I linked. It's not really meant to be an ID product… I just used my ID connections for my own personal use so I could get pottery tools for cheap. lol But if you guys want that pottery style needle tool, just let me know. - I wouldn't recommend it for cleaning aluminum though… I think someone in the herb grinder thread mentioned that make up brushes made excellent grinder cleaners.

duff, GreenHopper and Gigsabits53 like this.
  10. InterplanetaryTanner

The Launch Pads have Arrived!

11. nickdanger

nickdanger Well-Known Member

@InterplanetaryTanner I just received my order of the Launch Pads. These are so nice and heavy, much more so than I expected, and will definitely stay in place when using with my VCs. I'll definitely be trying one out this evening. I'm glad I ordered extras for stocking stuffers. I'm sure the recipients will be as thrilled as I am.

12. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Got my stand today and I must say it is very nice. I love it. Also thanks to @InterplanetaryTanner for being such a kind person. It makes a huge difference.

:nod:

13. InterplanetaryTanner

I do what I can!

They are super heavy. And the magnet is strong enough that if the only problem possible to occur when lifting off, is by pulling the cap off.

Gigsabits53 and GreenHopper like this.
  14. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

Damn Tanner, you are making me spend too much money! ;) I was going to buy one anyway, but now with some positive vibes to go along with it. I think I will get a few xtras for friends.

15. InterplanetaryTanner

lol. It's why I added a 5 pack as an option. I have 3 of them right now. Which sounds like a lot, because it is. But what's even worse is that they are all within about 5 feet of each other... so I foresee more in my future.

Gigsabits53 likes this.
  16. MAbud

MAbud New Member

@InterplanetaryTanner just received my rasta super weapon II and some bags, thanks so much! Do you recommend giving any type of cleaning prior to use?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 1:19 PM
  17. InterplanetaryTanner

I’d use Just soap and water and let it dry fully. But that’s just my personal preference.

MAbud and pxl_jockey like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors