Discontinued Inhalater XP

HazyDaze

The XP unit is at it's core constituted by the new heating chamber and sensitive electronics. The evolution of the body, does not impact on the vapour quality and production.

As testing was done with new electronics, it was discovered that air flow could be opened, we thought that maximum air draw was reached with 4 holes in the body and this modification incorporated into the components on hand.

As we planned for a new production of body components and included modifications planned months ago ; a shorter body and modified inner chamber air passageway: we discovered that air draw limiting factor was internal and that 2 holes on the exterior body was sufficient.

Basically, 2 hole or 4 hole configuration, length of unit and cap shape should not be used as factor to determine if unit is an XP or a 004. The difference lay in the heating chamber; a coil on the 004 and flat strips on the XP and the presence of the auto mode.

Adding to confusion is that when capsule filter is gummed up; draw will revert closer to 004 standard.

Awesome update, I thank you for clearing that up.

purplekush604

I agree with everything that been said about the risk of pre-ordering an electronic device. I was aware of this but thought that the upgrades were minor and would'nt affect the overall design. Do i regret of having one of the very first XP in my hands? NO! As long as it work fine i must ad because using the XP everyday i have zero problem with it. It is an amazing portable vape but...

Here comes my second impressions of the XP!; The XP will NOT be the portable vaporizer i wished for. I use the MFLB and the T1 in places where discretion is absolute. Concert halls,theaters,work place... With the XP i just cant have that anonymous position where i can vape in the middle of people without been noticed. With the two mentions portable vape above i can just do that. Not with the XP. The reasons? #1;The smell the device produce while heating the herb material. It just reeks! Not that i don't appreciate the smell but goodbye privacy and intimacy...
#2;The green light! It shines like fuck! Not to mention when it blinks! It must be the best way to bring attention in a dark theater or anywhere where you don't want to bring attention with a blinking green light!

I will use the XP everyday still and is perfect in places like friends or rehearsal places where people knows i vaporize mj. It is also the perfect tool to introduce someone to the world of vaporization and it's ease of use can only help ones decision to get that one as a first vaporizer IMHO.

Not the portable vaporizer i wished for the INH004 XP is a fantastic portable vaporizer that i would recommend to anyone who don't need the discretion required in some situations for some users. I hope my XP "Limited Four Holes & Bigger Edition" will last as long as it can. I live in Montreal so i suppose that it won't be to much hassle if something happen to my XP...

I wanted a vaporizer that doesnt smell too much, where i could use and once its done, it not smell to much. Would you recommend the mflb? Any other recomendations? I would still consider getting the xp for home use.

Thanks

PAZ

With the XP i just cant have that anonymous position where i can vape in the middle of people without been noticed. With the two mentions portable vape above i can just do that. Not with the XP. The reasons? #1;The smell the device produce while heating the herb material. It just reeks! Not that i don't appreciate the smell but goodbye privacy and intimacy...
#2;The green light! It shines like fuck! Not to mention when it blinks! It must be the best way to bring attention in a dark theater or anywhere where you don't want to bring attention with a blinking green light!

Really? I honestly don't have any smell of the vape went it's warming up unless I put the INH near my face. If it's in my pocket while it's heating I don't notice it at all with the cap on. When I take the cap off I'm going to take a hit anyways, so people will smell it for a bit anyways.

For the green light you could always just put a little masking tape or something over to block the light.

2clicker

Observer
can anyone provide the OD of the mouthpiece portion of the capsule?

is it tapered or a straight cylinder?

2clicker,

fogbank

I wanted a vaporizer that doesnt smell too much, where i could use and once its done, it not smell to much. Would you recommend the mflb? Any other recomendations? I would still consider getting the xp for home use.

Thanks

At the risk of going off-topic, I can recommend the Thermovape T1 if you are looking for a vape "that doesn't smell too much". It is almost pure convection, and heat is only applied to the material when you are drawing on the unit. You can cut the power to the heat source before you're done drawing in order to cool the material and remove any leftover vapor. I think it beats the MFLB for "odor stealth", but not by much (MFLB is pretty low odor IME).

As far as smell is concerned the worst vape I've used is the Pax, especially on high setting (whew!).

I really thought (or hoped) that the Inhalater would not produce much odor, since it is primarily convection. However it seems that with the constant heating maybe it smells a bit more than the Thermovape T1...? I'm expecting my XP any day, so I can't compare yet.

fogbank,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I don't really agree fogbank. It is the ABV that gets you and the odor left in the unit even if the abv is dumped. I am using a glass straw on my INH now and I go into stores or where ever and it is in my pocket and stinks to high heaven. This is glass and it smells so even without the vaporizer it leaves some sort of odor on whatever it touches. I know my MFLB always smelled when it was deep in my pocket when it had ABV in it. It is really annoying to clean your vapes before going into a place.

I actually was thinking this morning to make a bag similar to they mylar tobacco bag which will hold the smell I think enough to not have you reeking no matter where you go.

Dreamerr,

fogbank

I don't really agree fogbank. It is the ABV that gets you and the odor left in the unit even if the abv is dumped. I am using a glass straw on my INH now and I go into stores or where ever and it is in my pocket and stinks to high heaven. This is glass and it smells so even without the vaporizer it leaves some sort of odor on whatever it touches. I know my MFLB always smelled when it was deep in my pocket when it had ABV in it. It is really annoying to clean your vapes before going into a place.

I actually was thinking this morning to make a bag similar to they mylar tobacco bag which will hold the smell I think enough to not have you reeking no matter where you go.

Which part of my post do you not agree with Dreamerr? That the T1 and MFLB are stealthy when it comes to odor? That the Pax tends to smell a lot (especially on high)?

I don't have my XP yet, so I did not intend to express an opinion on how it smells.

fogbank,

Dreamerr

Yes, about the smell. I heard the pax is bad but I don't have one. I will say the INH to me is worse then the MFLB. I think with the INH the cap helps but you still then have the tip if you use it. If you want it to be stealthy then you can use it with no tip and the smell is way less. I like a long path so for me that is hard. Even using my crazy long glass it smells. I didn't think glass would hold the odor but it does. It doesn't seem to as much on my solo stems which is confusing to me.

ugobo

I can use my T1 in a crowd and no one can tell because the smell is virtually non-existant unless you blow the vapor directly in the direction of one's face. There's no smell associated with the heating of the device whatsoever.

In less than 20 sec. you can already smell the herb inside the capsule of the INH004 XP. Even before starting to draw the smell reek the place in seconds. Even worse if you let the XP on without drawing a puff. I don't get that with the T1. Not even the MFLB.

That said,i'm in love with the XP but might looking for another portable vape with adjustable temp. And i'm thinking the Ascent here...

Dreamerr

I guess it makes sense that a convection would smell less and of course no smell on heat up is fantastic. I did see someone reported, but I can't remember who, that the cera did smell with the LL which then doesn't make sense hmmmmmmm. I just wish the cera LL got better review, oh well back to the drawing board. Thanks ugobo for clearing that up.

I am looking forward to the reviews on the ascent as well but if it is like the DV it will smell just as bad if not worse then the INH.

Dreamerr,

fogbank

I guess it makes sense that a convection would smell less and of course no smell on heat up is fantastic. I did see someone reported, but I can't remember who, that the cera did smell with the LL which then doesn't make sense hmmmmmmm. I just wish the cera LL got better review, oh well back to the drawing board. Thanks ugobo for clearing that up.

I am looking forward to the reviews on the ascent as well but if it is like the DV it will smell just as bad if not worse then the INH.

I can "catch a whiff" of smell from the T1 when it's heating, but it is so mild you really have to try to smell it. I can see how it would be different for the XP, since heat is being applied to the herb chamber directly. On the T1 the heat is in the core below the bowl. You move the heat through the material by drawing.

fogbank,

Dreamerr

That would be the same for most vapes accept for a pure convection vape which at this point I am not convinced is proper for LL. My test is always the car or a closed room to see how much it smells. I have used the INH outside a lot with no issues while talking to people and they have no idea what I am doing but like I said earlier with it OFF in my pocket it stinks as do my DV and MFLB which stink a smidge less off.

One day someone will make a stink proof vape, yes I am dreaming again:lol:.

Fog does the T1 smell when it is in your pocket it must cause I use the smooth flow tip and can smell it even if it is deep in my pants pocket. I boiled it recently to destink it. The INH has a leg up on that cause of the cap which helps a bunch for most but I don't use it cause of my long straw.

Dreamerr,

natural farmer

Yes, about the smell. I heard the pax is bad but I don't have one. I will say the INH to me is worse then the MFLB. I think with the INH the cap helps but you still then have the tip if you use it. If you want it to be stealthy then you can use it with no tip and the smell is way less. I like a long path so for me that is hard. Even using my crazy long glass it smells. I didn't think glass would hold the odor but it does. It doesn't seem to as much on my solo stems which is confusing to me.

I had both a MFLB and a T1... The T1 didn't smell much but I could tell where the box was by the smell. Sitting next to me on the table, little wisps of weed smell would come in my nose every few seconds. Coming into the house the first smell I would get was the Box's. The amount of resin it can get under the screen means it will always smell. With the INH at least you can clean it very thoroughly. It smells a bit when you heat it up but that's the nature of a vape I guess. Of a good vape, cause T1 lacked on oh so many fronts... PAX also smelled a lot more to me!

natural farmer,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The more a vaporizer uses conduction, the more it will produce noticeable smell.

With convection this won't happen as much because the herb won't remain being heated while you wait for the next hit.

The cleaner a vaporizer is, and the easier it is to keep clean, the less smell it will produce as well.

Differences to this can be explained by the air circulation within the unit and by the isolation of the bowl from the outside. (The XP has air vents right next to the bowl IIRC, and the unit is heating for longer before it reaches temp than a T1/MFLB)

My suggestion to keep it smell free while outside is:

1. Keep the vaporizer clean, especially where it gets hotter
2. Hold your hits
3. Blow your exhale upwards
4. Keep it in your pocket while waiting for it to reach temp and while idle.

If it still smells and you're not confortable, just don't vape outside.

vorrange,
Reactions: Dreamerr

billulsund

When I use my inhalater in a public area I will usually keep the cap on while it heats up to keep the odor down, but odor still comes out through the intake holes making a noticable smell. I have considered putting a small rubber band around it to cover up the holes during warm up, but I live in WA so I really don't care if people notice that I smell like weed. I was using it the other day in a packed club and put my hand over the blinking light and blew my vapor up and only the people in my immediate vicinity noticed, but no one seemed to care.

billulsund,

Dreamerr

I still care when I go into stores and old people can smell a stench on me with the vape off. The smell that it holds both on the tip and my glass extension is insane not to say any others are better as vorrage said. I think the extension might be really bad only because of the tiny piece of silicone that holds the two pieces together. Even though it is on the outside somehow it still ended up with an odor. It must retain some odor from leaked vape coming through the connection spot. I have zero issue using it outside in the fresh air that moves things quickly.

Dreamerr,

fogbank

Fog does the T1 smell when it is in your pocket it must cause I use the smooth flow tip and can smell it even if it is deep in my pants pocket. I boiled it recently to destink it.

I don't carry my T1 around in my pocket very much, but when I do I cannot smell it. I keep it in one of the felt drawstring bags that come with the MFLB (unscrew top of T1 from bottom). I would have to hold the bag up to my nose and sniff real hard in order to smell it.

I agree with everything vorrange said about factors that determine how much smell a vape produces.
  • T1 uses very little conduction, mostly convection.
  • T1 is easy to keep clean (boiling, ISO soaking, etc...).
  • T1 only applies heat to the material in significant amounts when the user is drawing.
I keep my T1 clean and leave very little material in the bowl (either fresh or ABV).
I do not use the Smooth Flow tip, or any other add-on parts. Just the stock T1.

More on topic, I received my XP from the eBay seller yesterday (prompt shipment and delivery!). I have charged it and turned it on without any material loaded. It seems to heat up fine to various temp settings. I know some users had theirs for a few days before the unit failed, but so-far-so-good for mine.

Four holes, square cap, "XP" on the label, "auto" mode available on the dial. I timed the heat up to setting "5" (without material in the bowl) and it took a little over 30 seconds.

Top Bottom