Discontinued Inhalater XP

needalift

Got my xp a few days ago .. Loving it so far . Thanks Taylor !!!!! I had one of the original inhalaters ( which I also loved ) but it died . So far so good with the xp . In fact , I think it performs better . But , I have a quick question , has anybody figured out a good mobile storage ( carrying case ) for this unit . I realize it's good to go in your pocket , but am interested to see what you guy's creative minds have come up with

Ozzy

I am tracking this XP package online like a computer savy 5yr old watches the Santa tracker on Christmas Eve

Ozzy,

CapitalFlower

Received my Inhalater XP this morning, many thanks to Taylor at OtherSideVapes :)

I previously owned one of the later revisions of the original INH, so I knew what to compare it to. I loved my INH until it broke (charging port fell out), and then I proceeded to kill it attempting to solder it back on.

Anyways, I do have a couple of quick q's;

With the original I remember I could inhale for ages and the light would never blink, however with the XP as soon as I start inhaling, the light starts to blink slower and slower. Is this normal?

Is there any chance of OVERCHARGING the battery? I didn't know how much charge it had in it at factory, so I charged it for around 4 hours, until the light turned off. However if I unplug it and then plug it back in, it continues to charge.

Thanks for any insight

CapitalFlower,

trillarab

Yeah I always thought that too. How do you know when the XP is done charging? or when it is on low battery? There isn't a battery indicator I believe.....

trillarab,

Kaptan

Received my Inhalater XP this morning, many thanks to Taylor at OtherSideVapes :)

I previously owned one of the later revisions of the original INH, so I knew what to compare it to. I loved my INH until it broke (charging port fell out), and then I proceeded to kill it attempting to solder it back on.

Anyways, I do have a couple of quick q's;

With the original I remember I could inhale for ages and the light would never blink, however with the XP as soon as I start inhaling, the light starts to blink slower and slower. Is this normal?

Is there any chance of OVERCHARGING the battery? I didn't know how much charge it had in it at factory, so I charged it for around 4 hours, until the light turned off. However if I unplug it and then plug it back in, it continues to charge.

Thanks for any insight
The XP has larger air intake holes, which brings the temp down quicker. This is why you are seeing the light flashing as it trys to regulate the temperature. I preferred the 004 as it seems to produce more dense vapor.
The XP is finished charging when the charging light turns off. It is not harmful, nor can the device overcharge by leaving it plugged in for an extended period of time.

Kaptan,

Ozzy

Just received my XP from PV. They kept their word and threw in a free gift, maybe 2. When I opened the package, inside was my XP in it's box, a volcano grinder (free gift), and a snack bag of nacho cheese Doritos! All I need is my product. I am beyond excited to try this out. I ordered the white one and yes, it is a sticker, but it still looks pretty decent. I'll probably leave it on for now or cover it up with something later on. I turned the dial and it immediately began to heat up, so it is ready to go right from the box. I had it on setting 4 for all of 5-10 seconds and I turned it off. When I took the capsule out to inspect it and the inside, I almost burned my fingers. This thing obviously has some power to it!! I plugged it in go juice the battery up a little more before I take it out tonight and am currently reading the manual to make sure I don't miss anything. I'm going to use some ABV the very first round as suggested on this forum and then I'll really give it a go with some fresh goodies. I'll post again after I've played around with it. Here's to hoping the wait was worth it!

Ozzy,

toros23

The XP has larger air intake holes, which brings the temp down quicker. This is why you are seeing the light flashing as it trys to regulate the temperature..

I understand what you are saying about the holes, but are you sure this is the case? Could it be better temp sensing?

toros23,

CapitalFlower

Why try it with AVB first?

Also, wouldnt it be a good idea to make the capsules colourless rather than orange? Makes determining the state of the bud difficult

CapitalFlower,

trillarab

Awe man I thought the free gift would be some extra capsules! I already have a space case grinder haha but its okay. And were you serious about the chips?

trillarab,

2clicker

Observer
Also, wouldnt it be a good idea to make the capsules colourless rather than orange? Makes determining the state of the bud difficult

i agree it would be great to have a clear capsule, but im not sure the polyamide comes in any other color than orange. glass capsules next...?

glad to see that everyone is starting to get their XPs! had mine since March (other side vapes) and its amazing. no replacements it just keeps pumping out clouds. this would easily be my only vape i owned if the flavor was a tad better.

kinda funny how you are all getting your XPs now just when their new portable is about to become available...

jk

2clicker,

Sonics420

Why try it with AVB first?

Awe man I thought the free gift would be some extra capsules! I already have a space case grinder haha but its okay. And were you serious about the chips?
With a new vape you can put AVB in so you don't have to waste your buds by doing a burn off (cant burn off on a empty capsule)
I never had any problem with checking my bud (look at the bottom I guess).. Clear would probably look much nastier in the long run anyway.
PV sometimes gives you a bag of chips when you order vapes from them.

I've had my replacement since April, its been working like a champ but in the last month the USB charger doesnt work at times.. I just have to fiddle with it to get it to charge.. Port is probably failing. (This has since been fixed with some epoxy in newer versions)

Sonics420,

Sonics420

Load and turn on to the max.. no you dont have to vape the stuff.
Although inhalater has stated that you dont need to do burn offs anyway. I never did on my units lol.

Sonics420,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

Is there any chance of OVERCHARGING the battery? I didn't know how much charge it had in it at factory, so I charged it for around 4 hours, until the light turned off. However if I unplug it and then plug it back in, it continues to charge. Thanks for any insight

1. yes its normal they changed the algorithm that flashes the light.
2. no you can't over charge it. If its fully charged then it might light up when you first plug it in but after a minute or two if its still on either its no charged or its broken. 4 hours is not long enough for a full charge.

I understand what you are saying about the holes, but are you sure this is the case? Could it be better temp sensing?

see 1 above. straight from Pharmacor

And yes tillarb. PV sends bags of chips out with their orders.... I was surprised as well when I discovered that. PV is a great vendor. Just their sheer selection of accessories is awesome.

ru_frothi,

zingdoozer

I did a lot of research and finally settled on an inhalater XP.

I heard a lot of people speak about the pax, and how it looked good, was stealthy but a bit of a bitch to clean. And a fair few of them fell apart.

The MFLB got a fair few votes too.

People looking forward to the ascent etc.

I think buy cheap. but twice. And I wanted to get it right the first time.

The inhalater owners were repeat buyers. Almost all of them to a man were almost fanatically happy wither theirs. Time after time, I would read an inhalater owner who owned sequential units, and now looking for the XP.

Well, count me in too.

Massive vapour clouds. Thanks to reading this thread that I found that the way to inhale was slowly (not letting the light blink, by pulling too fast and cooling it down, but by inhaling slowly whilst the light stayed one). And whoa, what a vapour cloud! Mind blowing. The haze helps.

Pros
Stealthy.
Massive vapour clouds if you pull slowly enough that the light doesn't begin to blink.
USB recharge (no extra charger to be carrying around).
Cleaning is a doozie. Just gently tap the unit as the residue falls out.
Packs a punch.
Uses very very little stash, and you can go through 3-4 rounds (3-4 times each round) at progressively higher settings I'd suggest 4, 5 (for a couple), 6 and 7 to finish off.
I use very little anyways - the amount I'd put on a nail (I find that this much hits me as much as the crazy smoke after smoke of yore).
Heating is pretty quick - 30 seconds or so.

Cons
I had pot luck with the colours, and got red. But even the black and silver dont look too appealing. So whilst it isnt the nicest looking one on the block, it doesn't look too awful either.
The plastic on the side is jarring, and Im not sure whether to take it off (for protection) or leave it on. design issues again.
Can't really think of any other con's. Apart from trivial design issues.
And maybe the expense, at 180 GBP, it is a fair bit to be paying. But buy cheap, buy twice. If this one stays with me for a couple of years, I'm a happy bunny.

Whoa - quick update - As regards the design issues - just took the red plastic off (cut lines at 4 and 6 to guide me for later) it looks so much better. Here it is for you guys to have a look at what an inhalater XP looks like sans the garish red sticker around it. The finish does look a bit cheap (and plasticky) even with the sticker off. But it's a definite step up, and something I'm absolutely comfortable carrying around

L4Yhz5x
BbtrngI
BbtrngI

http://imgur.com/BbtrngI
http://imgur.com/L4Yhz5x

(edit: the image insert isnt working, so am posting the links).

Background
I used to use the vapir NO2 until I handed it to a friend (haha, forgot about the inhale slowly bit which I used to tell everyone who smoked from it for the first time about). Other staples are a budbomb, and the amazed pipe (which the budbomb blows away in almost every department).

So whilst I might go to the budbomb when in need of a strong hit, I'm sticking with the inhalater for the most part.

Will update with further experiences. But count me a believer.

Forgot to ask, how do we know when the battery needs recharging? On the original INH the light would flash dimly, is it the same process?

And also, this AUTO mode; anyone know what it is? From what I can tell, you get past a certain point and it goes onto auto mode where the light just blinks steadily. There is no 'click' to let you know, just when you get near the end of the dial.

i agree it would be great to have a clear capsule, but im not sure the polyamide comes in any other color than orange. glass capsules next...?

glad to see that everyone is starting to get their XPs! had mine since March (other side vapes) and its amazing. no replacements it just keeps pumping out clouds. this would easily be my only vape i owned if the flavor was a tad better.

kinda funny how you are all getting your XPs now just when their new portable is about to become available...

jk

Are you referring to the Ascent?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.
The image insert isn't working because you are using the URL for the Imgur page rather than the direct link to the image.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Forgot to ask, how do we know when the battery needs recharging? On the original INH the light would flash dimly, is it the same process?

And also, this AUTO mode; anyone know what it is? From what I can tell, you get past a certain point and it goes onto auto mode where the light just blinks steadily. There is no 'click' to let you know, just when you get near the end of the dial.

Are you referring to the Ascent?

1. Battery is dead when the unit no longer works or when the light wont come on. The dim blinking light is gone.
2. Auto Mode is for tobacco cartridges they plan on selling.

3. I can get massive clouds by pulling hard and letting the heater cool off, the exact opposite. The light on the XP is super sensitive. any inhalation almost will send the light on. who cares... Let the thing warm up and rip away.... The key thing is letting it warmup. Just like the solo give it another 30 second after the light goes off and you'r in for denser hits.

trillarab

GUYS GUYS GUYS I JUST GOT MY XP FINALLLLLLY! But after trying it Idk if im not hitting it right or what but I am getting like no clouds at all. I tried hitting it slowly to the point the light wasn't blinking and still no clouds. I am using lavender and spearmint so would that be the problem? Please I want some clouds and any help would be appreciated!
I'm also still going to use it for a week then do a video review on it!

Also what is the second lightbulb next to the dial for?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

trillarab,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hi Trillarab!

Glad to hear you received your InhalaterXP :)
To answer your question about the vapor clouds, it's simply about raising the temperature knob to a higher intensity , if you desire a low and more discreet vaporization simply adjust the knob to a lower temperature anywhere between 1 to 4 and if you wish for a more intense vaporization adjust the knob to a higher intensity anywhere between 5 to 8. Once the knob is adjusted to your desired settings, the top green light bulb will start to blink faster and faster until the temperature has reached your selected setting and will remain green to indicate that its ready for inhalation.
I will look into the plants question that you asked about regarding the type of herb you are using in your capsule and I will let you know if lavender and spearmint have the necessary components to produce thick vapors :)
Furthermore,
The Second light bulb next to the temperature dial is the battery indicator once it's being recharged, the light bulb turns green and stays green until the battery is fully recharged, then the green lights shuts to indicate that the battery is now fully charged. The battery autonomy should be over 6 cycles when fully charged, furthermore discharged batteries will prolong the heating time and when completely discharged, the Inhalater will auto shut off.

Please let me know if you have any other questions !

Inhalater,

trillarab

Thank you so much guys I did turn it up to 8 and didn't get much vapor at all. I tasted the vapor a bit but didnt feel the "effects" of the lavender or spearmint. Whatever either way the build quality is awesome and I really like the product I'm waiting to use it on other herbs

trillarab,
well from the looks of it I lost my Inhalater xp in the move and now won't be able to send it in to get a replacement. Out of $200 great!

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom