Discontinued Inhalater XP

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Production is not exactly halted, at least not due to problems with the units. We were told that Pharmacor has run out of a key electronic component and the supplier of that component also has a backorder that will take a few weeks to straighten out.

I'm reading a forwarded email right now that says otherwise.

Taylor

TheOtherSideVapes,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Switch manufacture will process a special component for the XP. No lubricant is to be necessary on upcoming units.
Electronics are completely sealed from air path. Even lead appertures into the heating chamber are air tight.

We now clean and desinfect heating chamber with iso alcool and a drop of mint oil to remove natural plastic smell of a new materials. Extra attention will be given to assembly of capsules

One may condition the unit by filling a capsule, turning on to mid temperature and drawing vapours in and out of the unit by sucking and blowing into the capsule without inhaling. This will remove any taste of new material.

Inhalater maximum temperature is set very close to combustion. If one feels throat irritatation, we recommend bringing temperature down to where this does not occur.

Please be cautious with dry runs. Heating assembly is very performant by somewhat delicate. Quick heating times and uniform heating are attained by ultra thin materials coupled with strong power delivery. We suggest conditioning technique recommended above.

Next batch of electronics is expected in 3 weeks. This batch addresses all of problems occuring additionnally to doubling production capacity. All replacements will be done on current production (upcoming week)

Many thanks to everyone for their calls, emails, and posts
Cheers! :-)

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
do Tell us MORE

The post directly below yours explains that component changes are being made in three weeks to address issues that are arising with the new units. I was told not to expect new units during that period of time, but perhaps the latter was incorrect.

Taylor

Taylor,
If cotton is used in the capsule, I think the cotton would block the off gassing from being released through the mouthpiece.

What's to say the cotton wouldn't absorb it?

Taylor

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

TheOtherSideVapes,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I wonder why we were able to do burns with the 04...is it because the xp is way hotter? Maybe we just weren't told not to with the first unit but I don't recall any of us having issues. Pharmacor has explained why we shouldn't do it now but I would like to know what is different now.

Edit: We still now need to know how to clean since not being able to run it empty will make it harder. I also think there should be a warning in the instructions since we are conditioned to do burns with most vapes.

billulsund

Well it looks like I jinxed myself yesterday by posting that my xp still worked great. I was mid session when the auto shut off engaged so I went to turn it off and then back on and got nothing. The charge light comes on but it will not turn on. Looks like i have the broken on/off switch problem. Since I have a working regular INH I'm just going to send it back rather than try to repair it myself.

billulsund,

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
Well it looks like I jinxed myself yesterday by posting that my xp still worked great. I was mid session when the auto shut off engaged so I went to turn it off and then back on and got nothing. The charge light comes on but it will not turn on. Looks like i have the broken on/off switch problem. Since I have a working regular INH I'm just going to send it back rather than try to repair it myself.

sorry to hear. mine was doa same on off switch problem. i am just going to exchange for a different portable and maybe get an inhalater in the future.

Rrose Selavy,

lookhigh

FC member
The post directly below yours explains that component changes are being made in three weeks to address issues that are arising with the new units. I was told not to expect new units during that period of time, but perhaps the latter was incorrect.

Taylor
Got it.:doh:
I see preorders on Ebay

lookhigh,

2clicker

Observer
ok so i was able to pick her up, get home and dig in. first thoughts were positive. packaging was pretty nice and unit was pretty close to what i expected. the label does need to come off, but im still trying to figure out my setting.

anyway, i instantly started a dry run on high (8 on mine) just before the auto setting. did this with an empty capsule and it smelled pretty weird so i was a little put off by that. after that session i packed the cap with ABV and turned it to 8 again. then i jumped on here and saw not to do the dry runs on high so after about a minute into the second burn i turned it down to 4. then after about 30 seconds of thinking it through even further i turned it off. the ABV got quite dark from the 8 setting after a minute of not pulling on it. so at this point the cap and xp smell of damn near combustion stink, but the plastic smell was gone. so then i was like fuck it and loaded the cap up with some decent and fired her up again. this time i set it to 1 to test the waters. right off the bat i got some quality pulls, but i wanted more so i set it to 2 and got great rips from it. i was loving the ease of cloud production. my only issue is that my throat seems to be quite sensitive to the heat. im sure i will get used to it, but i found myself pulling pretty slowly in an effort to keep the throat hit down. this thing is a BEAST!

i cant imagine ripping it on 8. so yeah so far so good. :rockon:

Curiousone

i was loving the ease of cloud production. my only issue is that my throat seems to be quite sensitive to the heat. im sure i will get used to it, but i found myself pulling pretty slowly in an effort to keep the throat hit down. this thing is a BEAST!

i cant imagine ripping it on 8. so yeah so far so good. :rockon:

Hey clicker, glad you're digging it. If I recall correctly, you have a solo also. It seems that you feel the Xp gives better clouds with less effort. Is this true and would you consider this unit superior to the Solo?

I love my Solo, no question. Still, I'm tempted to get the XP as second unit. Need a bit more coaxing, I guess.

Curiousone,

Dreamerr

Solo has way better taste and cooler vapor. I would not give up either one personally. I don't have the xp given the issues but have the 04 which is almost the same...little less power and battery life.

2clicker

Observer
Hey clicker, glad you're digging it. If I recall correctly, you have a solo also. It seems that you feel the Xp gives better clouds with less effort. Is this true and would you consider this unit superior to the Solo?

I love my Solo, no question. Still, I'm tempted to get the XP as second unit. Need a bit more coaxing, I guess.

Dreamerr is on point. solo is seems to produce a cooler vapor, but clearly its because of the stem length compared to the capsule MP length. both produce vapor very easily.

the way i see it... the solo is the portable for home and the XP is for everywhere else. both can milk a water piece w/out much effort. im still getting used to the XP and plan to have a serious water session during the hockey game tonight (LGB!!!).

Dreamerr

I don't think it is the stem length cause I have increased that on the INH but the solo is just different in that regard. I am using a long glass air path and it still can't match the solo.

I do agree with solo for home and xp for outside. Besides the battery life and the ability to recharge the INH also gives it a step up. Solo also tastes way better for way longer.

Dreamerr,

Sonics420

If i am at home, 75% of the time the xp is hooked up to a water piece so I always get cool vapor. I could never get my solo to milk my bong..if i did maybe a 20 second bong hit would work? Xp milks mine in a split second. Main reason i sold off my solo..its good to use at home but im using my glass most the time anyway.

DBVn00b

Just came back from my anniversary trip and I am very pleased with the jack of all trades that is the Inhalater XP, my favorite is hooking it up to my Da Buddha whip and having a portable desktop vape.

However, a couple of hours ago the charging light went off during charge and I thought that it completed, then when I try to turn it on unplugged it fails to do so.

Its only turning on when plugged in and the power and charging light both turn on, but as soon as I turn it off while plugged in the charging light goes on, it does not want to charge or turn on.

Any else expercienced this, I got mine from KP and already sent him a message, any1 knows whats the procedure considering I bought it off KP?

DBVn00b,

togepi258

This "off gassing" I experienced, I'm pretty sure ended up being just the plastic on the tip of the capsule. I've been using the XP with a different capsule, not letting it stay past 8 for too long, and I haven't had this issue again yet. As a log user, I'm definitely enjoying my current experience with the XP. It uses a little bit than I normally use, by choice, and get quite a few rips out of it. Normally, I'm starting above 6 though. I'm not sure how you guys can vape at 1-4...I cannot get anything bigger than wisps of vapor. Am I doing it wrong?

togepi258,
Normally, I'm starting above 6 though. I'm not sure how you guys can vape at 1-4...I cannot get anything bigger than wisps of vapor. Am I doing it wrong?

I start at 4 take about two hits and escalate to 6 then maybe to 7 or 8, with water filtration.

SativaLover420,

PAZ

I just have to say even with all the problems and delays with the INH XP, I'm still 100% positive I made the right choice. We as consumers are fortunate to not only have 2 major distributors giving updates, we also have Pharmacor directly letting us know the problems of the faulty units and why theres delays.

I don't know about you, but in today's consumer market, that's basically unheard of. Buy a new LED TV and have a problem? Tough luck. Same goes with basically any other product you buy.

So thank you Planetvape, Taylor from TheOtherSideOfVapes, and Pharmacor for the contributions and updates.

Edward Hyde

I just have to say even with all the problems and delays with the INH XP, I'm still 100% positive I made the right choice. We as consumers are fortunate to not only have 2 major distributors giving updates, we also have Pharmacor directly letting us know the problems of the faulty units and why theres delays.

I don't know about you, but in today's consumer market, that's basically unheard of. Buy a new LED TV and have a problem? Tough luck. Same goes with basically any other product you buy.

So thank you Planetvape, Taylor from TheOtherSideOfVapes, and Pharmacor for the contributions and updates.

i dont think that so many non functioning or DOA LED TVs going out of the production line as many are the xps...so the comparison is not as real as it could be...

PAZ

i dont think that so many non functioning or DOA LED TVs going out of the production line as many are the xps...so the comparison is not as real as it could be...

You'd be surprised. I've worked at an electronic store before, and we had a whole shipment of cellphones DOAs (around 20). The only difference is that we noticed they were DOA when we were doing the activation. If they bought them directly from the cellphone provider online, they would've recieved the DOA unit.

There was also that whole debacle with the release of the iPhone 4 with the antennas, even companies like Apple have their flaws.

PAZ,

Edward Hyde

You'd be surprised. I've worked at an electronic store before, and we had a whole shipment of cellphones DOAs (around 20). The only difference is that we noticed they were DOA when we were doing the activation. If they bought them directly from the cellphone provider online, they would've recieved the DOA unit.

There was also that whole debacle with the release of the iPhone 4 with the antennas, even companies like Apple have their flaws.

the difference is that these companies u are talking about are producing millions of units...for inhalater it took them 20 days to ship the first 10 replacements and pulled back again the production...i dont think there is a comparison between these two...

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
i agree while pharmacor is being helpful there are still a lot of issues. my unit was doa and it was the newest model that we were told had the bugs fixed. i understand that things come up but pharmacor did start selling the xp too soon people are having replacements replaced. i got a dead unit and now they are halting production for 3 weeks? im not waiting to get a unit that might not work so i am doing an exchange. the inhalater is a great unit im sure but i will not get one until i know all the bugs are worked out. i would like to say taylor has been very helpful and is allowing me to do an exchange. hopefully i will get a pharmacor product one day but not for awhile

DBVn00b

So after falling in love for a week with my beatiful White Inhalater XP it stopped charging or turning on.

I already e-mailed Pharmacor and sent a message through here also. The question is: Will it take long for me to receive a new unit or just a replacement?

Will the same color and the newest one with the updated circuit?

DBVn00b,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
The thickness of polyimide over heating element was 0.005in on the 004 while being 0.001in on the XP. This layer is delicate, and dry runs on max temp may deform it.

Many thanks for info and support regarding electronics appliance releases. We beleive that one should not go through any hassle when purchasing Inhalater products. Release of upcoming technology will be operated differently.

Top Bottom