Discontinued Inhalater XP

saihtam13

I do understand that some people miss their old unit. I can understand this : I would hate returning a device that I love for many good reasons and receive a new unit that does not have the same characteristics.

That said, newcomers should not be afraid, many people will find joy and happiness with Q3 units characteristics. I appreciate very much low temp ability and I am sure many people also do, including many of my friends (statistics are important for such statements). I am very satisfied with the medication the unit procures.... But again, I can understand disappointment of old timers : it looks like a major model evolution occured.... Maybe there is a market for two different type of devices ?

HerbalHealing

Thank you for your honest and truthful review....it has further heightened my fear that my replacements if I in fact ever get them....{Yep still waiting for me too}... will not be the "beast" my Q2 was......

Dude you are a bit interesting to me....but I love a challenge so I'm gonna give it a try but I do need you to use your imagination and most of ...believe it is possible..... so here we go...
Imagine that your received your 1st XP months earlier and it gave you plums of rich smooth tasting vapor at #3.....you in fact would often have to turn it down a notch to #2 because #3 was just a little bit tickling to were you might cough....{nice...right} but the best part you noticed was the effect rivaled that of....wait NOT true....better kicked the ass off of smoking....hard to describe in few words but I'd say it felt cleaner more pure....happy to say goodbye to the smoke....hell yea....
So now you fall in love with it and the idea of never again smoking until just short of 6 weeks you send the dreaded email and then you wait another 6 weeks but the replacement unit just doesn't hold a candle to the rich smooth vapor production of the unit you 1st received.....no worries just simply report what you are experiencing as something must have been changed in this new batch....
But THEN....you get the response email that you hadn't considered...."Nothing has been changed" we think it is better than the one you 1st received.....later email - well the max temp was lowered.....later email {after my persistence} - well the temp sensor was relocated....
So whats the BIG deal about the vapor production.....well in simple common sense terms.....side by side device "A" is able to extract rich thick plums of vapor that medicate IMO better than smoking verses device "B" is able to produce thinner wispy {who needs clouds anyway} that medicate but leave you IMO wanting more.....now I need to go burn one.....or run over to GF's house to use her device "A"

So if you can imagine all of that.....you will begin to understand what the obsession is all about...
and dude the worst part of this entire story is....... they don't believe me..... even though I had a replacement side by side next to our 1st XP "The BEAST Q2"......so I don't see much hope of ever seeing the issue ever successfully being identified and or resolved.....:shrug::shrug::horse:

That is the older Q2 sticker....... looks just like mine but mine was black.....the adult only stickers are the latest greatest but they don't look to be well received by this forum so far.....I personally preferred the look you got over these newer ones IMO....

Wow, that's frustration! I totally understand about waiting (I'm still waiting too). We need to be able to separate the company's operations and service apart from the actual unit. I know it all contributes to the overall experience but let's try to break it down.
I think we need to accept the Q2 was an anomaly, a brief design phase that eventually changed to accommodate what most vaporists want, which is vapour, not anything close to smoke. From the sounds of it, I would HATE a vaporizer that was too hot at 3. and if I was a manu, I would also obviously cater to the masses. They did what they felt was an 'improvement', which not everyone may agree on, but most probably do IMO.

Sorry your feelings may be bruised by not being 'believed', but I do believe you, just don't agree that a Q2 is better (for me) than my current model. You all do have legit complaints about service, some can tolerate more than others and I won't let frustration with any vendor change my opinion of their product. I mean, if you love your car model, and the dealership screws you up somehow, is your car all of the sudden not as good?

I just don't understand what you're wanting them to do, make the vape so hot so most of us can't pass setting #2? I want finer control at low temps, rather than higher temps as that's what medicinal users want IMO.

The 'method' of vapour production has not changed, even if sensor location and other internals do. It's still wires that heat up the outside of capsules, along with hot air being pulled through...that's basically it. If your new XP doesn't heat up as much as your gf's, the why not just turn it up higher? or are you saying the max setting is still not enough for you? Besides temp, there is no other operational difference so unless this is frustration over service disguised as a witch hunt on design flaws, I dunno what else to tell you.

Like I said, I've had 5 iterations of Inhalaters, and the current one is the best I've had yet, and all my friends agree and have placed orders.

Is there a vape out there that is better for it's portability, ease of maintenance and vapour quality? I mean anyone can bash whatever is best of class, but do you have something better in mind? If so, let's hear it. If not, then this vape is still on top IMO, and still is improving with subsequent models. Sure they may have more snags along the way, but that's how it goes with new things.

Ok. I have had this unit a couple of weeks now and have probably run an ounce through it. My s/n is over 1300.

Details:
I got the black unit and the inh logo doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The warning label on the other hand is unacceptable to me. The sticker doesn't seem that high quality as it overlaps itself as opposed to having a nice seam - allowing for quicker peeling.

The usb port is fine visually, but is an extremely tight fit for the adaptor, which seems as if it might cause undue stress on the port.

When considering the overall length of the unit, you can't just look at the unit itself as it is virtually unusable w/o one of the included, hand hacked lengths of surgical tubing due to the heat of the draw. It sure doesn't add to the stealth of the unit to have 3" of tubing coming out of the top.

My first capsule started unraveling (w/ normal use) after 5 days. My 2nd capsule is just starting to slightly unravel at the top. These are neither priced nor available enough to be this disposable. Like the sticker, this tube overlaps itself as opposed to having a sturdier seam. Is this because the poly has no melting point and can't be 'crimped'? How was it attached before it started unraveling? Adhesive? I imagined that the material would be thicker than it is also, but it is super thin.

Operation:
Any setting below 5 is unfulfilling to me - way too much air to vapor ratio. At 5, I get flavorful (invisible to wispy vape) hits. Unfortunately, I only get about 4 of these before it starts dwindling and I need to increase the temp. Sometimes I'll finish off a load as high as 7, sometimes I'll just recycle it due to poor taste at those temps. At 8, you might as well be taking knife hits.

Contrary to previous reviews & videos, anything but the lightest of draws renders the unit inefficient. It is pretty obvious using this device that there is little if any convection going on - and the conduction that is happening seems slow. You have to pause between hits to allow the oven to reheat if you want a decent pull. This triples the time needed to medicate.

The one place this vape excels is with kief. Several times I have thrown a few flower grunyons in the bottom of the capsule, filled it mostly w/ kief, then topped w/ a few more grunyons. Hits forever.

I am able to place my h20 adptor for my oil pen snugly on the length of tubing to marry the unit w/ my pinnacle wt. Larger hits, but my lungs can only tolerate so much of this.

I guess my overall opinion is that if it was a $150 unit, it would be decent. I'll probably use it until I have an opportunity to get something else then sell it for cheap. No way I could ask someone to pay what I did for it.

Seriously considering attaching a handheld plenty to 2 6v lantern batteries, duck taped together w/ a dc adapter and working out of a damned backpack.

You don't like the stickers....got it.
Yes, I believe the tighter usb port is an improvement to address the issues in previous models.
You didn't know about needing the tubes? This is still one of the stealthiest vapes out there, and your issue is with a 3" tube? Is this your first inhalater?

The capsule design you describe with the overlapping part sounds like the same it's always been, even for older models. If you ran an ounce through it, did you clean it during? I've heard of the odd defective one, but have never experienced it myself. Shocking you had 2 unravel. and the thinner they are the better heat transfer.

In terms of the draw, it takes experimenting to learn what you like. If the best vapor is on slow draws, then just draw slow...simple. The way you've described everything has a very subjective & pessimistic aura about it. Are you sure you don't have an axe to grind over being made to wait?

I find it hard to believe we're talking about the same unit here. I wish you could try it with my material and grind...you might change your mind.

Do you have a better unit in mind?

Last edited:

Sonics420

Is there a vape out there that is better for it's portability, ease of maintenance and vapour quality? I mean anyone can bash whatever is best of class, but do you have something better in mind? If so, let's hear it. If not, then this vape is still on top IMO, and still is improving with subsequent models. Sure they may have more snags along the way, but that's how it goes with new things.

Pax, the maintenance is not as bad as people make it out to be (I was one of those people in the beginning). The vapor quality is much better, you get thick and rich vapors, perfect vapor to air ratio. I hit it like a cigar, little puffs = lots of vapor.. Cant say the same for my current XP. Its as portable I've used both vapes in many different situations and settings.

Arizer solo, you seem like you love lower temps, so why not use a Solo where you can get the most out of your herbs flavors?? Little puffs = lots of vapors, but you can turn it down and get wispy hits too, still the vapor to air ratio is much better than the XPs. It is not as portable but great unit to use at home or settings that would allow you to (in your car, office, camping ect).

Both these vapes can be easier to travel with also because we can clean them with ISO, I couldn't imagine bringing an XP on an air plane because it wouldn't ever be 100% clean.. I still have a hard time getting that chamber screen out. :hmm: I thought there was supposed to be a tool for that? I gave up trying because I dont want to risk breaking the vape, it seems very delicate opposed to the Pax and Solo where you can literally clean/scrub them with wire brushes and ISO.

Maybe you can try the pinnacle pro out too? The reviews seem positive, it just released and it hasn't had a bunch of missteps or snags .. Looks like a future unit for me for sure. Will be sure to leave a review when I get it in my hands.

Old School

Vape13man
Wow...talk about aura....wholly are you on the payroll Batman or what.....listen I loved this vape well my Q2 anomaly anyway and yes I am more than just a bit frustrated with them and also add to all that being with out it only amplifies my frustration.....
I wish to be clear about said frustration and its primary source......them telling me it was all about the temp {much like you are trying again to suggest} and I'm sorry it just simply was NOT true......
again I had them side by side with digital thermometer in the mouth of the cap.....
Device "A" was set to #3 light flashes almost right away and vapor was less hot feeling more velvety smooth and so rich you could see plenty of it upon exhale......Device "A" was our Q2 anomalies
Device "B" was set to #6 {manf told me to go to it} noticed it didn't flash for quite sometime in fact I started to really have to pull on for it to begin flashing.....the vapor was hotter and bothered the back of my throat....then the vapor upon exhale was wispy and thin and didn't last as long......
Yet as you so plainly stated the "method" of production has not changed......but I'm so very sorry to report....something did in fact change that I was able to see first hand.....the units behavior and performance was greatly affected by whatever it was....
For the record I liked it at lower temps also, which I understand I should find around 5 or 6 but I do like the higher temp to know without a doubt the cap is done.....
Also for the record my replacement was the 1st Q3 were the entire temp range was lowered Max as well... but really the number doesn't really matter.....I had a digital meter telling me what I was getting at the mouth....and it was clear to see which unit was able to maintain its heat for the longest.....

I think the only thing left to do is to....imagine there is a world or better yet dimension were they moved the damn sensor back and that was all it took to restore it's ability to better extract that rich smooth vapor....I now find myself dreaming about.....ah the good old days...

Last edited:

HerbalHealing

Pax, the maintenance is not as bad as people make it out to be (I was one of those people in the beginning). The vapor quality is much better, you get thick and rich vapors, perfect vapor to air ratio. I hit it like a cigar, little puffs = lots of vapor.. Cant say the same for my current XP. Its as portable I've used both vapes in many different situations and settings.

Arizer solo, you seem like you love lower temps, so why not use a Solo where you can get the most out of your herbs flavors?? Little puffs = lots of vapors, but you can turn it down and get wispy hits too, still the vapor to air ratio is much better than the XPs. It is not as portable but great unit to use at home or settings that would allow you to (in your car, office, camping ect).

Both these vapes can be easier to travel with also because we can clean them with ISO, I couldn't imagine bringing an XP on an air plane because it wouldn't ever be 100% clean.. I still have a hard time getting that chamber screen out. :hmm: I thought there was supposed to be a tool for that? I gave up trying because I dont want to risk breaking the vape, it seems very delicate opposed to the Pax and Solo where you can literally clean/scrub them with wire brushes and ISO.

Maybe you can try the pinnacle pro out too? The reviews seem positive, it just released and it hasn't had a bunch of missteps or snags .. Looks like a future unit for me for sure. Will be sure to leave a review when I get it in my hands.

Lots of experience with the pax, and it's great but I can't deal with the 30min per week maintenance, which some would find a non-issue. Also, I have to pull harder unless I've just cleaned it. You mentioned earlier you fill it and pack it down tight. Maybe try a looser packing? I find thickest vapor with very fine & dry material about 3 quarters full (loose), but not what I'm after all the time. Perfect vapor to air ratio is very subjective, so for me, the XP has the perfect ratio, but to each their own preference.

I also have used Solos for years (still do) and it's the winner for best taste for sure, but not for portability (bigger, heavier, and glass can break). I also think the XP wins for charging flexibility and battery life. You need a charger stand for the pax, and solo has a proprietary adapter. XP uses ANY usb charger anywhere.

For traveling, I just change the bottom screen and iso the chamber, and it's clean like new. I've had mine over a month with heavy daily use and want to put up a pic to show you how nice and clean it still is when time allows. The white is still totally white. I neglected capsule cleaning on my older one which made my chamber hard to clean to perfection, so now I just ensure only clean capsules are used and am amazed at how perfect it still looks.

Vapor density aside, I find XP extracts better than pax & solo as it does not require stirring to ensure max extraction, and feeling medicated is more important to me than whatever I see blowing out of my mouth. Like I said, I get amaazing clouds when it's -15c. The unit remains off and empty, but huge clouds of condensation (winter breath) can be seen. humidity, atmosphere temp, material potency, fineness of grind, and dryness of material all affect vapour, so we can try, but never successfully compare apples to apples.

Thanks for the suggestions though...very much appreciated.

Pls do tell on the pinnacle when you know as I've been interested in that one too and it sounds pretty decent. In terms of mis steps/snags, I'm sure it has some as all new products do, they may just not be coming out and disclosing them like Inhalater has been doing.

Wow...talk about aura....wholly are you on the payroll Batman or what.....listen I loved this vape well my Q2 anomaly anyway and yes I am more than just a bit frustrated with them and also add to all that being with out it only amplifies my frustration.....
I wish to be clear about said frustration and its primary source......them telling me it was all about the temp {much like you are trying again to suggest} and I'm sorry it just simply was NOT true......
again I had them side by side with digital thermometer in the mouth of the cap.....
Device "A" was set to #3 light flashes almost right away and vapor was less hot feeling more velvety smooth and so rich you could see plenty of it upon exhale......Device "A" was our Q2 anomalies
Device "B" was set to #6 {manf told me to go to it} noticed it didn't flash for quite sometime in fact I started to really have to pull on for it to begin flashing.....the vapor was hotter and bothered the back of my throat....then the vapor upon exhale was wispy and thin and didn't last as long......
Yet as you so plainly stated the "method" of production has not changed......but I'm so very sorry to report....something did in fact change that I was able to see first hand.....the units behavior and performance was greatly affected by whatever it was....
For the record I liked it at lower temps also, which I understand I should find around 5 or 6 but I do like the higher temp to know without a doubt the cap is done.....
Also for the record my replacement was the 1st Q3 were the entire temp range was lowered Max as well... but really the number doesn't really matter.....I had a digital meter telling me what I was getting at the mouth....and it was clear to see which unit was able to maintain its heat for the longest.....

I think the only thing left to do is to....imagine there is a world or better yet dimension were they moved the damn sensor back and that was all it took to restore it's ability to better extract that rich smooth vapor....I now find myself dreaming about.....ah the good old days...

...and I feel for the frustration, believe me, I get it. been there, done that.

There's a time that we just need to let it go. Even if Q2 was better for you, it's gone now....no plans to return. This is what we have now. I try to compare the XP to other vapes as that's the criteria I used to get it, not comparing it to past models as the rule of thumb is future models are better. This is not always true, but generally it is. I bet the next inhalater will be better than mine, and if not, maybe the next model after that will be.

Years ago, when I compared it to everything else, the old inhalater was my choice. In light of the new model differences, the changes (negative OR positive) from past models doesn't change my opinion that this still better than another brand (for my purposes).

Sorry to rub anyone the wrong way, but it just seemed like recently there's been a lot of over bashing on minor things like "...I don't like the box shape it came in, or sticker colors.
It seems to me, these lesser relevant points are being used just to increase the list of perceived deficiencies of the xp when they are legit ones of course, so let's just focus on that then. I mean do we care more about stickers than getting nice and medicated? Pettiness aside, and let's focus on what matters. Do clouds matter, I guess so, so I now need to understand why. IMO, extraction levels are not indicated by vapor density, so I need to understand the factual science behind this as I can deal with facts better than I can bias opinions.

Last edited:
HerbalHealing,

HerbalHealing

Sounds like you are happy with your XP then. Glad you make it known on every page :lol:

I felt the same way with my older models.

Are you saying I'm pumping the xp on every page on purpose? see what I mean about the little insinuations around here?

I was participating in some conversations, and sometimes they do appear on every page.

Nothing to say about the same sticker bashing on every page?

sorry for wearing out my welcome....I'll back off and let the same old complaints keep repeating themselves.

Sonics420

Just sayin your intents are obvious. You challenged every review that you didn't agree with, why is that necessary? Then you asked for a better portable knowing you would just praise the XP regardless (i fell for that one)..

Sticker bashing, why not? Isn't this the reason why INH wants to get away from stickers now?? Shoot they went from a full body sticker to a strip of a sticker, soon it will probably all be gone.. the complaints are actually helping.. The complaints of the difference between models is warranted, complaints can change things and it seems like a couple members with Q3 units agree. Hell even my friend with a Q2 says mine is weak compared to his. Something changed and customers don't like it.

But yes we all know you are happy with yours and you can blow massive clouds in cold weather, thanks for the help.

TransHumanC

Inhalater shill account
So here are the results from my test. Substrate mass new 0.3g. Substrate mass spent at 7.5 (3 cycles) 0.2g.

Say I had 13% thc, that would leave 17% cbd and/or other organo volatile. = great fun :-) whole day of effective medication

Next I will try mesuring mass after 2 cycles at 2.5 to evaluate content of thc

hiphiphooray

Jeez this thread has gone downhill so fast. Used to be informative, now its just constant bickering and complaints...

There is clearly a difference between Q2 and Q3, or people wouldn't be constantly complaining like they are. They clearly are unsatisfied and anything short of a Q2 remake would be unsatisfactory. Everyone take note so we can move on with discussion...

Now, what do you guys feel is the best way to produce large hits of vapor with the current Q3 model. Packing it tightly? If limited amount of Kief, should it go towards heating element or further away? Which setting?

Interesting results @TransHumanC. Perhaps @Old School can do a side by side comparison of the mass before and after for the two Inhalaters.

hiphiphooray,

2clicker

Observer
i really wish i could try one of the newer units next to my Q2. interested to know the difs firsthand. its unfortunate how things have panned out so far for the XP.

2clicker,
Reactions: Sonics420

hiphiphooray

The vapor is not as thick in the Q3, for reasons we can only speculate. This is a fact. Some users prefer the larger air to vapor ratio, others don't. I see little conduction vaporizing occurring with my Q3. If I leave it on the bottom layer will vaporize without drawing. If I let the entire unit sit running, vapor production does not continue. Only that first small amount touching the screen vaporizes. So I don't think the issue is related to conduction v convection. The ABV looks the same, so I don't think one unit is superior to the other. I just think that the air to vapor ratio is much higher in the Q3 units, which also allows the vaporizer to achieve a wider range of temperatures. This is bad news for cloud seekers and good news for people that like enjoying the entire spectrum of temperatures.

That's all speculation of course, but I think we should try to avoid this topic. It just leads to the same negative posts over and over, and not much useful information ever comes of it.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Not only did I honestly review my unit, I waited a couple of weeks to do so to properly use the unit. If others have different experiences - great, potential customers should have the right to hear the gamut of opinions. Besides comparing vapor production to the previous version, I attempted to evaluate my unit in a standalone manner. Not like I'll join in pretending that unit comparison isn't what this is all about anyway.

But....... comments like calling warm breath on a cold day good vapor production or attempting to discredit users desire for decent vapor production by calling them cloud chasers shows an ignorance of the whole vaporization process imo. I admitted getting good pulls w/o much visible vapor on 5 - the problem is you get way too few before you have to increase the heat. There is a thread around here about the derogatory nature of the term cloud chaser, I see the term used most often when some don't agree that another's vape is the shit.

Unrestricted airflow, not properly heated (convection), will not help the oven maintain heat or regulate heat better - it will cause it to lose heat as cold air passes around the oven and it will constantly have to fight to reheat (hence the epileptic flashing light). Worse temp control, not better. The results being that I have to inhale ridiculously slow to maintain heat and wait between pulls to get anything decent (not quite a sticker problem). While some seem to consider this a nonissue in a vaporizer, I would seriously question that assessment. If this was marketed as mostly a conduction vape, it would be my fault for expecting anything else.

natural farmer

Yeap... Lets avoid negative posts about the XP... We might have the chance to watch it magically evolve to what we used to love and regard as the best portable in the market... :rolleyes:

I am sure some people just like to look around the forum's threads and whine about perfectly fine products... Shame on them! I wonder why you can't see them in threads like the Solo's, the Hi's, MiniVap's, Lotus's etc? I guess they are getting paid to shut the hell up, right? :lol:
On the other hand maybe some vaporizers and the companies behind them do what they are supposed to do so there is little to whine about... :2c:

HerbalHealing

But....... comments like calling warm breath on a cold day good vapor production or attempting to discredit users desire for decent vapor production by calling them cloud chasers shows an ignorance of the whole vaporization process imo. I admitted getting good pulls w/o much visible vapor on 5 - the problem is you get way too few before you have to increase the heat. There is a thread around here about the derogatory nature of the term cloud chaser, I see the term used most often when some don't agree that another's vape is the shit.

My warm breath comment was a bad joke (my sense of humour is off), which is why I repeated it as I thought no one got it...sorry.

... And I had no idea 'cloud chaser' was derogatory, so sincere apologies for that. I've heard it so much and thought nothing of it so thx for the lesson. And sorry for any offence to anyone.

I guess I'm easy to please and content with what I got and just want to improve my use of it.

I do hope you all find what you're wanting.

PAZ

Not only did I honestly review my unit, I waited a couple of weeks to do so to properly use the unit. If others have different experiences - great, potential customers should have the right to hear the gamut of opinions. Besides comparing vapor production to the previous version, I attempted to evaluate my unit in a standalone manner. Not like I'll join in pretending that unit comparison isn't what this is all about anyway.

Unrestricted airflow, not properly heated (convection), will not help the oven maintain heat or regulate heat better - it will cause it to lose heat as cold air passes around the oven and it will constantly have to fight to reheat (hence the epileptic flashing light). Worse temp control, not better. The results being that I have to inhale ridiculously slow to maintain heat and wait between pulls to get anything decent (not quite a sticker problem). While some seem to consider this a nonissue in a vaporizer, I would seriously question that assessment. If this was marketed as mostly a conduction vape, it would be my fault for expecting anything else.

Honestly, I think you have a defective vape. I've gone through a few, but none of them ever seemed to have any conduction going on and I always got even loads. I could be wrong and this is the Q3 vapes, but if this is the quality I would still consider it defective.

PAZ,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hello everyone

Production was slow last week: managed to produce 32 units which has been mostly sent to the UK. Should have better production this week albeit we only have 4 days due to Canadian Thanksgiving.

Great conversations going on. Been a little scared to get into the fray :-)

Because of enlarged temperature range visible vapours come out at a higher dial setting.

Cheers

Kaptan

Hello everyone

Production was slow last week: managed to produce 32 units which has been mostly sent to the UK. Should have better production this week albeit we only have 4 days due to Canadian Thanksgiving.

Because of enlarged temperature range visible vapours come out at a higher dial setting.

Cheers
Curious, why don't you change the temp range so the higher temps are more spread out.
Like this
1 - 175c
2 - 185c
3 - 195c
4 - 205c
5 - 215c
6 - 225c
7 - 235 c
8 - 245c
This would satisfy both low temp vapors and those that prefer the high temps. Does anyone vape under 175c?
Also, decreasing the intake holes back to the Inhalater 004 size would also increase cloud production.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Honestly, I think you have a defective vape. I've gone through a few, but none of them ever seemed to have any conduction going on and I always got even loads. I could be wrong and this is the Q3 vapes, but if this is the quality I would still consider it defective.

Do you have the latest version, and are you seeing different results? I remember someone else mentioning that they had to pause between pulls as well. I really think that if there was any real convection going on, the slightest whisper of breath wouldn't alter the temp so drastically.

Yes, you can get good vape at 7-8, but it is mostly unusable at those temps for me due to taste and harshness. I usually extract about 1/2 the medicine from a load and recycle the rest. The issue isn't getting good vape at 430 degrees, it's not getting decent vape at lower temps. It really is possible to get decent smooth vape at temps that don't rip your throat up. Just cause I like my steak well done, doesn't mean I want it burnt.

Sorry herbal, I didn't realize u were being sarcastic. It does seem at times as if there is a huge disconnect on visible or productive vapor vs smoke. And not everyone considers the term 'cloud chasers' derogatory. I just see the term come into play a lot when people are trying to defend poor vapor production (visible or not). If this unit hit consistently like the 1st 4 hits do on 5, I would have no problem not seeing a wisp of vape. You can taste and feel good quality vape being produced - much denser than a mouthful of air.

Natural, I don't believe that other mfr's are problem free, but they handle cs differently (= at all). When people don't feel as if they are being marginalized and told that they are wrong and their concerns are being addressed, their response is usually more productive. Nobody likes someone to blow sunshine up their ass in the middle of a monsoon while being told how lovely the day really is.

Meghan

Pls do tell on the pinnacle when you know as I've been interested in that one too and it sounds pretty decent. In terms of mis steps/snags, I'm sure it has some as all new products do, they may just not be coming out and disclosing them like Inhalater has been doing.

I ended up buying a Pinnacle Pro after being scared away from the XP due to customer service concerns and the user reviews I found on this thread. All I can say is that I love it. I've never tried an XP (or even the original Inhalater), so I can't speak to comparison at all. However, having tried the iolite, Solo, Firewood, Da Vinci, and Pax, I can easily say that the Pinnacle Pro ties the Solo as my favorite portable vape, with the Pinnacle Pro being my absolute favorite for using out of the house. I even choose to use the Pinnacle Pro over the Solo in the house sometimes, which is big for me.

The Pinnacle Pro has 5 heat settings (setting 5 is for oils/wax). I consider myself a "cloud chaser" in the sense that I need to see a fair amount of visible vapor before I feel like I'm getting a real, satisfactory hit. Whether this is because I'm an ex-smoker or because I'm a very high tolerance user and hits with more vapor = more potency, I'm not sure. At any rate, I use the PnP at level 2 for direct draw, level 3 through water. Level 2 produces very visible vapor on par with my Solo at level 4 or 5. I load my bullets at least 3/4 full, and pack lightly. One bullet easily lasts me two sessions.

I love that the PnP has stainless steel bullets. I have no worries about them falling apart.

Honestly, I'm very, very happy with my choice. And I admit, every time I read a comment on here in which someone touts the XP as the clear winner in the portable category, I can't help but wonder if they've tried a Pinnacle Pro yet. :) I'm not saying the battery life is better (but you can use the PnP while charging), or that the taste is better (no idea...all I know is that the PnP tastes better than the iolite, Pax, or Da Vinci), or that the vape itself is better than the XP in any way. I just know that I love my unit, so far it's totally reliable, and the Pinnacle Pro thread is not full of dissatisfied customers. :)

All this said, I've love to try an Inhalater someday if I can get to a point where I'm not scared to potentially throw $250 at one.

Edward Hyde

Hello everyone

Cheers

is there a possibility that early adopters could send back units that are not properly working (broken usb,leds not working properly,low temps etc) for refurnish and updates?i would really want the higher temperatures for my unit + my charging led is hardly working...when i plug it it turns on but as soon as i touch it somewhere and not in an extreme smooth way the led shuts down and i dont really know if its the led that shuts down or the unit stops charging...

Edward Hyde,

Shifu

Same happen to me, whenever I touch hardly the cable the led shut down. I think the unit stop charging when that happens
I unplug and plug back the usb and the led comes back. The only advice I could tell you is to be very careful when you plug it cause it makes me think it's pretty sensitive.

Shifu,

Sonics420

Same happen to me, whenever I touch hardly the cable the led shut down. I think the unit stop charging when that happens
I unplug and plug back the usb and the led comes back. The only advice I could tell you is to be very careful when you plug it cause it makes me think it's pretty sensitive.

is there a possibility that early adopters could send back units that are not properly working (broken usb,leds not working properly,low temps etc) for refurnish and updates?i would really want the higher temperatures for my unit + my charging led is hardly working...when i plug it it turns on but as soon as i touch it somewhere and not in an extreme smooth way the led shuts down and i dont really know if its the led that shuts down or the unit stops charging...

When this was happening to me my XP eventually died, this might be the case here. I forget, do you guys have Q3 units?

Sonics420,

Shifu

Yup Q3 for me (1299)

BTW @Inhalater I'd love to know what change we have per serial, that would be a good thing to know I guess, I mean by that we would also know how the inh is upgrading
And you're saying that Q3 has a larger temp range than the Q2 ? From what I know the Q2 and Q3 are both 125-250°C right ? So the problem is not about that

Shifu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@Old School, @HerbalHealing, @Sonics420, @Snake Plissken:

We have a rule about stating your complaint:
  • State your complaint and move on.
If you think someone is constantly repeating a complaint, use the Report link at the bottom of the post.

We do not have a rule about posting repeatedly in defense of a device or manufacturer. If you think someone is overly supportive, feel free to not read those posts.

Please stick discussing to the Inhalater. This forum is about the device, not the posting style of other members or their personal preferences in vapour production.

pakalolo,
Reactions: ru_frothi
Top Bottom