Impromtu Underdog Vape design contest (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
placetime said:
not sure if I (or my wife ;-) get to vote, but if so, my/our vote(s) go for the ladybug. :D
(can't vote on facebook without a facebook account, and we don't do facebook :/)

Heya placetime, I'll let you have a vote for both you and your wife.. since you don't facebook I'll put the votes down for you, so x2 votes for the ladybug for you.

UD

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Come on everyone, we don't have nearly as many votes as we'd like for the contest.. you don't have to be part of the contest to vote you know. If you don't have facebook you can always post your vote here or email it directly to me and I will note it for you... lets go!

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
underdog said:
Come on everyone, we don't have nearly as many votes as we'd like for the contest.. you don't have to be part of the contest to vote you know. If you don't have facebook you can always post your vote here or email it directly to me and I will note it for you... lets go!
If there are not enough votes to make the contest.. i suggest it would be most fair if the maker picks a model :).. But since it is possible to vote here i bet soon there will be a dozen votes.
I gave my vote to my design but if i have to mention i love the lady bug design.. I imagine it from purple hearth wood with black walnut dots :). but any combo will be perfect :).

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
underdog said:
If there are not enough votes to make the contest.. i suggest it would be most fair if the maker picks a model :).. But since it is possible to vote here i bet soon there will be a dozen votes.
I gave my vote to my design but if i have to mention i love the lady bug design.. I imagine it from purple hearth wood with black walnut dots :). but any combo will be perfect :).

Haha.. all the designs are pretty awesome. I think I'm going to leave the voting open for another day or two and see if more trickle in.

underdog,

placetime

Abysmal Vapor said:
If there are not enough votes to make the contest.. i suggest it would be most fair if the maker picks a model :)..
I concur--he's the artist who knows best what will work with his materials.

Abysmal Vapor said:
i love the lady bug design.. I imagine it from purple hearth wood with black walnut dots :).
thanks! we were thinking the same thing. :) possibly with leopardwood for the head/body?
i think that the mushroom design could also be cool with lots of different wood combinations. :2c:

placetime,

placetime

makes sense to me to leave more voting time.
are there any votes on facebook? just curious... :peace:

placetime,

underdog

Manufacturer
placetime said:
makes sense to me to leave more voting time.
are there any votes on facebook? just curious... :peace:

There look to be 11 or 12 votes on facebook..

underdog,

placetime

underdog said:
interesting. i would not have guessed that you'd get more votes on facebook than here (then again, i don't do facebook, so what do i know?).
but now you have me really curious--what's the current vote count? ;)

placetime,

underdog

Manufacturer
placetime said:
underdog said:
interesting. i would not have guessed that you'd get more votes on facebook than here (then again, i don't do facebook, so what do i know?).
but now you have me really curious--what's the current vote count? ;)

As of this morning it looks like Abysmal is leading with 7 votes for his design and you are in 2nd with 4-5 (including ones not on facebook) for the ladybug. A couple other designs are trailing with 1 vote each.

underdog,

placetime

and here i am with nobody on facebook to back me up. :lol:
c'mon thread-lurkers, toss in your vote.
go ladybug! ;)

placetime,

Abysmal Vapor

placetime said:
and here i am with nobody on facebook to back me up. :lol:
c'mon thread-lurkers, toss in your vote.
go ladybug! ;)
Underdog vaporizers are not very popular.. and less popular is this contest.... that why is the low voting activity.. That's why i suggested that the Underdog himself decides which he can make and which he likes..
He mentioned also that it is possible that more than one of these designs to be made.. so with so few competitors.. and your nice design .. i wont be causing myself any worries.. I am sure that the Lady bug is going to succeed because it seems suitable to Underdog style..
My design which is leading at the moment might be hard to make ... but it covers my idea of Space age in wood .. so i will keep on standing behind it .. until there is any chance of seeing it done. :p
Good luck to all competitors..

Abysmal Vapor,

placetime

oh, it's all in good fun. :) it's not like there's a $million prize or something. underdog's the newest kid on the logvape block--but have you seen the number of views this thread has gotten? i just looked, and it's currently at 1,029! seems like *some* of those people have got to be registered users who could vote. just for fun. :2c:
:peace:

placetime,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright everyone, the contest is just about over.. I'm giving it another hour or two for last second votes then closing the polls.

Winners will be announced later this evening...

underdog,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I vote for fun (just for fun). :lol:

I really vote for placetime (good luck with the million dollars).

Progress,

placetime

Progress said:
I vote for fun (just for fun). :lol:

I really vote for placetime (good luck with the million dollars).

now *that's* what i call "progress" :lol:

placetime,

underdog

Manufacturer
[h]Ok, the votes have been tallied, counted, shuffled, counted again.. and the results are:[/h]

1st Place (with 11 votes) - Abysmal Vapor
1stCon1.jpg

2nd Place (with 8 votes) - placetime
2ndCon1.jpg

and everyone else in an amazing 6 way tie for 3rd place!
3rdCon1.jpg

[h]Congratulations everyone thanks for playing, it's been fun.[/h]
[h]Prizes will be awarded tomorrow so stay tuned...[/h]

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

:ko: Damn, I won . :brow: Thx for the contest Underdog and thx for congrats guys :).. Will check in later to see if there is any update on prizing... and stuff,cause i am currently visiting my hometown.. and i dont have net accesss all the time .

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright, prizes are as follows...

[h]1st Place - Choose a vape, any vape, and it's yours![/h]

[h]2nd Place - Choose a vape, up to $269, and it's yours![/h]

[h]3rd Places - 25% off a vape, any vape![/h]

To answer questions that might come in:
- I was going to give a vape to 3rd place but can't afford to give out 6 so I'll give discounts instead
- Yes, I will let you transfer your prize to someone else if you want. Sell it, give it it away, raffle it, whatever.
- Yes, the winning vapes include free shipping
- There's no catch, choose your vape and I can ship it out as soon as Tuesday.
- Yes, prize vapes have the warranty just like purchased vapes

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Omfg i cannot believe... Underdog you are awesome... Is there any time limit for our choice.. I can really tell which i want... It might take a while... I am torn between lovely purple wood .. and small size unit like those made of cebil :).. But if i have to chose right now.. i will do it :lol: :brow: Probly my dream vape would be Purplehearth twig like the cebil twig that is also awesome but sold :( . Or maybe half cebil half purpleheart.. I am pretty wasted right now.. and this prize came to me a bit shockin.. :o

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Omfg i cannot believe... Underdog you are awesome... Is there any time limit for our choice.. I can really tell which i want... It might take a while... I am torn between lovely purple wood .. and small size unit like those made of cebil :).. But if i have to chose right now.. i will do it :lol: :brow: Probly my dream vape would be Purplehearth twig like the cebil twig that is also awesome but sold :( . Or maybe half cebil half purpleheart.. I am pretty wasted right now.. and this prize came to me a bit shockin.. :o

No there's no time limit (within reason!) on making your choice. If you want a small one but made of Purpleheart I can make that for you no problem just let me know. No rush though, think about things and take your time.. or not.. doesn't matter to me. :p

underdog,

placetime

WOW! Thanks! That's very generous of you! I agree with AV--tough choice! I'll have to look through them all (again) and email you. :D
Abysmal--don't forget to take your celebratory dance! ;)

placetime,

caseball2051

damn wish I could afford one of these right now. Can I hold onto that 25% for a while or will it expire?

caseball2051,

Abysmal Vapor

underdog said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

No there's no time limit (within reason!) on making your choice. If you want a small one but made of Purpleheart I can make that for you no problem just let me know. No rush though, think about things and take your time.. or not.. doesn't matter to me. :p
It just keeps getting better.. i might reapeat that dance... Underdog My dream vape would be all purple hearth wood.. with the shape of the cebil twig.. and lines from top to bottom with the size of the circles of the groovy little log.. Some kind of stripe form feeling is what i want and a floral shape when looked from the top.. . If it is impossible or hard to do i would be happy on any little purple wood vape that gets a bit of that idea.. My only concern is if it is going to get too hot to hold in an 1 hour session for example :).

Abysmal Vapor,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom