Impressions of a cheap bubbler (Black Leaf Saxo 10-Arm Bubbler) w/ a tiny little MFLB

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So I have this new Black Leaf Saxo 10-arm Bubbler. I've discovered new things. Black Leaf is NOT China Glass, it is made of Simax glass and blown in Thailand or India. Not a big deal, but from what I've read Simax, is actually pretty good glass. I would agree, with the fit, finish and durability of this piece. I might have been hasty in my condemnation on the thickness of the glass. I remembered I was comparing it to a small tube (my MiO)... of course the class is going to feel thicker on the MiO, there's a @#$%load less volume.

OH! Volume. That dreaded word, to the poor owner of an MFLB. We can't ever enjoy in the precious "milk video/nirvana" Denied, we shall be until we RISE UP and get a new @#$%ing vape.

This mother's got a LOT of volume. Standing at 14", with a 6" base... holy overkill, Batman! The pitiful MFLB didn't stand a chance. Hell, I should probably just send it back, I thought. Maybe if it hadn't been opened and used, they'd trade me a Weedstar Double Bubbler!

@#$% it... too much hassle. Plus, getting it 1 day short of 2 weeks after they shipped it, I figured was a good sign. I needed a good sign after all the glass breakage I've had.

First, some pice... how's the quality of this Simax glass?

Poor MFLB
20120727_005040.jpg

Nice centered, even-cut perc
20120727_005109.jpg

Look! Goatse!
20120727_005557.jpg

You can see how its offset from the center. But it looks more like the hole in the top, rather than the downstem itself, is off-center
20120727_005343.jpg

Looking down the stem, top of the perc
20120727_005435.jpg

Duh! Bottom of the perc
20120727_005501.jpg

Joint between body and mouthpiece. I agree with Wat here. Its like they said... "We need a down tube. Here, slap this one on." Not much thought. Basic. Solid weld though. I don't think it will break.
20120727_005541.jpg

The place you put your mouth. No, it doesn't have neon lights. Just the flash, everyone calm down.
20120727_005630.jpg

That (lack of) attention to detail. You can see it offsets to the right, slightly.
20120727_005654.jpg

As I said... the downstem looks straight. It certainly fires nice. At least I can say that much for my video.
20120727_005730.jpg

Pretty good I think. There's the obvious flaws I pointed out and they're not hard to notice upon first inspection. But for $100? SCORE! Well, if I had something like a SSV... then maybe, it'd pull its weight.

But, I promised a video. I gave myself an out... but as I believe, I should be an honorable man... I will accept my humiliating defeat at the Milk Monster. I will even show you my attempt. Please be kind. Excuse the breath break... I know this is the first time, you've heard my voice... and its a bit nasally. @#$%ing dry and HOT lately. Lot of dust kicked up in an agricultural area, with a lot of spraying having just went on.

Without further ado... (Oh, I filmed in HD 1080... so go full-screen for the full-effect).

So... should I send it back?

Kidding! Its an EXCELLENT buy, at $134 w/ the shipping. Less than 3 weeks from order to delivery also.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Not bad man, I didn't know a LB could milk like that.

Why are you asking if you should send it back though? It's a pretty decent piece for what it costs & I think you knew beforehand there were some imperfections.

I believe Simax is the same glass VB uses for their bubblers (and the possible FC bub).

OhTheAgony,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Not bad man, I didn't know a LB could milk like that.

Why are you asking if you should send it back though? It's a pretty decent piece for what it costs & I think you knew beforehand there were some imperfections.

I believe Simax is the same glass VB uses for their bubblers (and the possible FC bub).

Its a poke at b00bs. He expressed shock to me, that I vaped glass pieces with the MFLB, especially this thing. Trust me, I thought I had thrown away my money when this beast got here... thought no way, am I going to pull the clouds I want, off that. Just a good-natured poke, though.

I am VERY happy with the purchase, is a nice smooth hitter. Nothing remotely like a throat tickle (oncoming cough), even pulling hits bigger than that.

I'm halfway tempted to combust in it... just to see how smooth it really is. Suppose I'll find out, when I get some oil.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gotcha :tup:

I'm glad you like it anyways. I originally tipped Wat to this piece when we were both searching for bubs with similar features. I've considered getting it myself a few times myself but never actually pulled the trigger (always looking for greener grass..).

OhTheAgony,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, I'd make the purchase again, knowing what I know. Had I seen it in person first and the size, I wouldn't have. Glad it was an online purchase.

The most shocking thing is the base. I think it makes it seem a lot larger than it is.

u bwade wunner

I was really looking forward to youre review and kept popping in to the glass thread hoping to see it.You did nt let us down.really nice quality review all round.Thanks BDV.

I think time will tell with your e new piece.I'm sure it will keep surprising you in a good way.it looks solid and stable and looks like it will be around for a while.it will be hard to ignore it,it looks like it needs its own room:)

Saying that you milked that tube outta here.another video squishing the rumour the little ol launch box doesn t put out decent vapor.the perc downstem fires nice and makes me ask do we really need a matrix for vapor? Im asking because I m right in the middle of research on glass.

One other thing, do you think soaking the glass in acetone would remove the black leaf letters off the glass if needed? I saw a double bubbler stripped bare that way a while back.

the weakest link for me would be lack of a support above the weld but hey no biggie

Will be a hit no doubt when your e Hi Lands in your e hands.best of luck and nice piece.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
This bubbler has really made me reevaluate trees. I've always been a big showerhead fan and the fancy sci percs. In fact, I would have bought the showerhead bubbler, if it had the base like this one (well, slightly smaller).

I like a couple of the tree ac/percs I've had. But, if they don't fire well... its a real drag. So for all the bad firing, crooked, leaning against the glass trees I've seen/owned.... this isn't one of them. It really is an enjoyable piece and a lot better quality, than I expected.

Happy to know, you were looking forward to the review and enjoyed it. I tend to ramble. LOL!

BigDaddyVapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's a lovely voice BDV- always good to put a voice or a face to an avatar. I had my voice in one vid, but I bottled it and stuck some music over the top.

I'm glad you like the bub- I've have felt partly responsible for some reason if you hadn't! Impressive clouds for a MFLB too.

Bad luck with the off-centred dewar joint- mine looks pretty perfectly centred, although there is an ever so slight offset on the mouthpiece tube- not as bad as yours and not really noticeable though.

This bubbler has really made me reevaluate trees.
Likewise. This tree fires so well- I think it's because it's a 'mini tree' rather than full sized- it's more of a fizz than the slight glug I've had on other trees. I've seen another bubbler with a similar mini tree that's caught my eye too http://smoketower.ca/store/Bubblers/13-Sherlock-Bubbler-with-Mini-11-Arm-Tree

u bwade wunner

it's more of a fizz than the slight glug
i think the perc works much better when its mounted vertically.i have a similar tree which leans at 45deg in my glass and its a glugfest.have you managed to suck any water up with the heavier hitting SSV Wat?

Black Leaf logo in glazed ceramic transfer
would it shift in an overnight acetone bath?

EDIT reading up on this ,word is simple green non diluted will dissolve labels immersed for 48hrs to a week.but will leave dull glass where the label was.maybe a flame polish will brighten up that dull glass.the guy i read about removed his nautilus label with simple green says it works great

u bwade wunner,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've looked at that exact same bubbler. I would really like to add a small vapor piece like that, to my collection at some point.

Amazing how many times I've changed my mind, over what I was going to buy, but I went with my gut. When I saw that video from you, it just felt right. Probably that damn music, its subliminally embedded with "Wat knows all!", "Wat says buys this bubbler", "Paul is dead..." etc.

Funny, had I waited just a single day... I would have got the piece that's been on my wish list for 6 months. That Weedstar bubbler 3.0. I would have been ecstatic! Though, I guarantee that piece would take a tumble and be trash within months, in my hands. This Saxo? HA! It laughs at the idea of tipping over.

It took some getting used to, but I didn't just say @#$% it, when I saw it and possible could have stuck with another piece. I even pick it over my MiO and its, really more of a vapor piece than the Saxo.

While typing this out and being one, that doesn't usually name my pieces. They're the "VB knock-off", "the dome perc beaker"... real exciting stuff. Suddenly the Saxo needs a name... just for you. I christen thee, Saxo Bubbler, to forever more, be known as... "WAT!?"

i think the perc works much better when its mounted vertically.i have a similar tree which leans at 45deg in my glass and its a glugfest.have you managed to suck any water up with the heavier hitting SSV Wat?

One of his vids is taking HUGE rips off the SSV, with a pretty strong pull. Not even a hint of water in his mouth. The way its designed, you would have to run a REAL high water level and Wat runs lower than I do.

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
I almost bought the saxo but ended up going with the weedstar dub bub. Still waiting for it to show up. I still really like the saxo though and may end up purchasing next month sometime. Thanks for the solid review BDV and to everyone who posts in the cheap bubbler thread cause lord knows we ain't made of money.
PS I plan on removing the weedstar logo with simple green as mentioned above.

MacNcheesePLZ,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
did you CGI in the vapor milk, i still can't believe an mflb can do that. :lol:

also are you related to pappy? the finger count thing is all his. haha

Yeah but doesn't he use both hands? I wasn't planning on doing it and remembered his videos, as I pulled away. Plus, I was kind of curious.

Good catch.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
did you CGI in the vapor milk, i still can't believe an mflb can do that. :lol:

also are you related to pappy? the finger count thing is all his. haha
I think someone here is knocking off Pappys :lol: :rofl:
It's an awesome video BVD, I never try one of those MFLB, but I believe they can milk now!!!

Zangano Cruel,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh... I have @#$%ing outdone myself. I'm uploading a LEGENDARY milk shot right now.

STAY TUNED TO THIS THREAD. ITS COMING! THE MILK MONSTER IS SLAIN!!!
(with a tiny little mflb)

Bold words, I know... just wait and see. Man, I hope Stu's awake.

EDIT: BTW... I'm stoned out of my @#$$%ing mind. This was like take six, of similar shots. I just needed the black background, because the wallpaper is obviously, not the right shade for capturing vapor that well. Neither is my pasty white boy skin.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that at some point of the Pappy 10-count you were flipping me off, but I forgive you.

Nice job there, BDV. :clap:

:peace:

Nah, that was definitely a shakka sign, probably in recognition of me being on Maui right now.

BDV: :bowdown:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
How many noticed, after I set down the MFLB I was still pulling pretty good and that vapor was still THICK, until I pulled that whip?

michael-jackson.gif

BigDaddyVapor,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Nah, that was definitely a shakka sign, probably in recognition of me being on Maui right now.

BDV: :bowdown:

Off topic pakalolo: I used to live in Napili. Worked at Hula Grill in Kaanapali, best time of my life. Hope you are enjoying yourself there. Eh Pakalolo, you wen bring the pakalolo or wot?:spliff:

Silver420Surfer,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Off topic pakalolo: I used to live in Napili. Worked at Hula Grill in Kaanapali, best time of my life. Hope you are enjoying yourself there. Eh Pakalolo, you wen bring the pakalolo or wot?:spliff:

Off topic, you know I own Fantastic Four #48, 49 and 50 (First appearance of the Silver Surfer) in NM condition?

Unfortunately, they're in St. Louis and I'm not. Thinking about driving out this year, or next... to pick them up.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom