Discontinued Imp by MistVape

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Had to go ahead and order a pre-release Imp. My Splinters are giving me the stink-eye but I’m sure they’ll accept the Imp in time.
They get along beautifully

124biwn.jpg

little maggie

I made the mistake of looking here again. I'm expecting an iheat and nomad to add to my splinters and I'm still struggling to find a box mod that's workable (by me). Still
Same buying issue: If I wait it will be more expensive but will it also have significant improvements? Because there's not been an mvt vape I haven't liked. At least the non butate ones.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@StormyPinkness yes, there have been a couple of purple hearts made and I can do one for you.
The other thing is the wood body is removable so I will offer just bodies for established customers. They wouldn't be that expensive so you could have multiple styles to pick from.
I would absolutely love a purple heart one if at all possible please and thank you.

little maggie

I'm starting to hate box mods. I'm having nothing but problems with the ones I've bought recently but I think it's because the whole software process is too confusing. But these are so beautiful. I love the pattern on the wood one that antispleen has. It looks like my VAS is aiming in the imp direction for a pre order.

(What is the mod that antispleen is using with the imp? The other one I know.)

sickmanfraud

@StormyPinkness yes, there have been a couple of purple hearts made and I can do one for you.
The other thing is the wood body is removable so I will offer just bodies for established customers. They wouldn't be that expensive so you could have multiple styles to pick from.

Put me down for a purple heart too. I know my beta is in the mail, but...

@little maggie I am not an expert, but if you want to spend a little time together via DM or SMS or phone I will try to help you with the firmware for your mods. I can be available from Sunday to Friday and I am 2 hours ahead of GMT so your evenings might be my middle of the night.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@little maggie last night i felt your angst. I am sending two Imps as Christmas presents. I am including evic vtwo mods.
I set up the mod with tubo and duplicated my settings, which work great, and it was way hot. Had to drop the wattage to around 23 from 30.
You have to tinker with these but when you get it working it is sweet

Anyone who ordered the pre release listen up. I have printed all shipping labels but won't start shipping for a few weeks at least.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
very beautiful collection! How do you keep the PH from going brown? I have a PH splinter and I keep it in the drawer out of the light
I actually haven't had that problem yet, I definitely wax it and it has darkened over time into a deeper purple. I hadn't realized it would keep going and change into a brown... :uhoh:

Edit: :cry:
colorshift-400x79.png

Last edited:

wall

Got my Imp today, had to do a little messing around to get the coils firing right but I'm running TCR 180 at 20 watts and using a small water pipe. Wow, this thing produces vapor fast! I dig that its 14mm as well because I think this helps, very little coil glow which is a plus in my book. I dig it! Hopefully can make an overview and session video soon

little maggie

Ordered mine. I forgot how much I love the 14mm and whips that were made for my MVT2 until my boxmods started to make me crazy. It's so powerful. And yes I know the imp needs a boxmod. The problem with my VAS is that there are a few people here I can't stop ordering from and they keep making new products.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I made a couple Imp units to give as Christmas presents. Got some evic vtwo mods and set them up.
The mod was loaded with tubo firmware and had the exact settings I used on mine but it was way hot. I had to bring the watts way down from 30 to the low 20's.
Decided it was too complicated to give to someone who hasn't used mods before so I load Arctic Fox and gave them instructions for vw mode. This actually works great but you don't get the extended on time that tubo has. AF will only stay on for 15 seconds so you have to keep hitting the fire button but I'm used to it and actually find myself hitting the fire button multiple times when running tubo.
Gearing up to start the pre release run, the bocote came and I have most of the other supplies I need. Ordered a small band saw since I am making the brass electrodes, I cut the first batch out of plate by hand. Brass alloy 260 is only available in plate so I had to buy 6" x 6" plate and cut strips and then cut the individual pieces from the strip. It was a pita! So the bandsaw will help a lot.
I'll post pics of the bocote later, I got some really fine pieces.

DeezVaprz

Received my Imp yesterday. It's a beauty! Currently using a Smok X Priv I picked up at a local shop. Nothing fancy, I've never messed with box mods or settings before so right now I'm just running this on wattage mode. Right now what works for me is setting it to 30w, holding it for 10 seconds to warm up then pulsating it to my liking. Lovely taste and clouds. Beautiful color and feel, smaller than I expected which is great! Digging the stem and looking forward to using this device through water. Very satisfied so far. If anyone has any suggestions as far as my box mod goes I'm all ears but so far this is working alright. Glad to be a part of the Beta team!

2052peu.jpg

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@NizzyJones I was very fortunate tubo replied to me and explained some of the things you pointed out. Guess I had the resistance so out of whack that the only way to tame it was to reduce the watts but of course that is not how you do it, as you pointed out.
I have edited the blog page to reflect the correct way to adjust the tubo firmware.

@DeezVaprz i ran in wattage for a few weeks and just recently moved to tcr. If your mod is supported by tubo firmware make the move after a week or so. If it isn't supported wattage does work nicely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom