Discontinued Imp by MistVape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The TC feature of the Movkin is so crappy I decided to stick with the Evic Mini, it works with my 2 others small mods but both are better designed to be used with concentrates atty since battery is not user replacable and doesn't last long.

The Imp is definitively a micro-dosing vape, larger amounts leads you to hotspots, lot of stirs, bad taste and poor efficiency. When you are agree with that it's a perfect tool.

Taste is very good and doesn't seems to carry some woody accents, got better results with the included "special" stem than with my Alan's woody stem cause the screen is placed deeper in the bowl so the load is less close of the heater.

I agree a washer to hide the base is a good idea. Mine looks like the Pise tower , not so much but enough to be noticeable.

I'm thinking this special cooling stem will be used on a occasionnal basis... to keep it in one piece and cause cleaning issues since it will not be possible to brush it inside... Although it does a great job and first hits are very smooth!

Edit: Forgotten to add I found my sweet spot using the Alan's wood mp, tcr is 180, power set at 25w and temp at 360. Got small clouds with a 10s cycle and huge clouds with 2 cycles. Taste is simply amazing!

Last edited:

DeezVaprz

Still loving the Imp but I must admit my new to me OG MVTouch has been getting far more use lately. This thing is nuts. Can't believe I'm just getting into the MV series now!

As far as the Imp goes, I have to agree with PPN. A little goes a long way. Too much material and the taste/dark spots come in quick. A smaller load and I get hella clouds and lovely tastes. Still using the Smok X Priv but I bumped up the Temp settings to 35w, TCR still at 180. Starting at 380f and gradually increasing to 430f has been great.

After a fresh load, I usually prime for 5 seconds and start a low draw to warm up the material. After its been warmed up, I just pulse away as needed. If I let it sit for a minute or three, I do need to reprime for 5 seconds or so before I get any vapors which is expected.

Battery life has been good, 5-10 full loads depending on how far I go, how much I prime, etc. Using four Samsung batteries I purchased new and have been rotating between the Touch and Smok.

All in all, I'm definitely a fan of the Imp. I wouldn't mind a wooden collar to hide the nut as I don't really use any other 510 attys. Loving the size, look and feel. I have a Wood stem with glass liner coming in that I'll be using instead to keep with the wood look (and keep with the glass cooling). Well made and so far has been performing wonderfully. I don't see myself changing out the coils or anything like that but everything is out in the open, easy to work on. As my first 510 vape, I am more than happy. Very glad I got to be a part of the beta and support a small business in the old USA.

Pic of my lovelies including the Bare Essence which led me to the wonderful world of butane power.

r9h6qa.jpg

Last edited:

DeezVaprz

TCR 180, 35w on my Priv is working out great. No longer need to prime it for 10 seconds. Feels very similar to my MVTouch now. Hold for five seconds, light draw to get the material warmed up then pulse to my hearts desire. Still haven't charged it since my first post but maybe it'll get more use with the new glass lined stem. Love it but again that MVTouch is a killer!

167713s.jpg

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
My Imp arrived, and was collected on the first business day of 2019. Happy New Year!

Now my experience here is that i have no experience with box mods, so my 'beta' contributions were always intended to be a reflection of how somebody with lots of vaping history could expect to jump straight in to a mod vape with little research and see how it goes.

In short, so far pretty well, but more on that later.

I had intended to learn a bit about the box mod first, but with holidays, xmas etc i never got a chance so yep, i just jumped straight in. I will just talk about setup and general thoughts at this stage.

Setup
There was a bit of 'resistance' at first when screwing the imp to the mod. Almost like the threads were the wrong size and wouldn't catch, but with a bit of force (and grinding) it went on and works fine. It now screws on and off smoothly.

It screws about 2/3 way down on the vtec 2 mini, so sits up slightly (as intended) but doesn't look odd or too high. Despite this, it is rock solid on the mod, feels very secure and strong enough to hold my wong/hydrotube setup securely.

There is a little bit of give around the oring once it is fully tight, but you have to push hard, and I think this is a good thing as it will absorb some of the shock from a knock or fall with the sleeve dislodging instead of the whole thing being broken off the mod, or breaking the mod (probably/hopefully)

All the stems which it came with, both glass and wood fit perfectly, with a solid airtight seal. The glass is thick and solid and a good size/length.

Unfortunately, none of my other 14mm stems fit (2 Ddave stems and a 14/14 male gong from a different vendor) they are too long and narrow to seal. No problem, but thought I would mention it.

This is getting long and I have run out of time so I will be back after work with some usage and performance info, but will add that it works really well so far.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
from a fine upstanding FC member

Ahh, not me then ha ha.

The stems provided are all great, but that doesn't mean there is no room for some @DDave magic.

I am surprised how smooth it is with the standard straight stem. I have not even tried the cooling one with the glass beads yet.

As hoped, The Imp will definitely be my main out and about portable once I dial in the mod settings.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There was a learning curve before to get the things dialed in with my Imp. Like I mentionned I got some hotspots very early in the session but now since I better understand how it works it's not an issue anymore.

Thank for the tip @mistvaporizer , yes loose load avoided hot spot but in conjunction with a sronger draw... yes I was drawing too slow I think.

Settings are very important too and I'm using pretty the same than @DeezVaprz does: TCR 180, t° 370-390°F and 25w for now.

Power mode was working well between 15 and 20w but TC mode avoid hotspots better.

My wood stem is the most used cause it's my micro-dosing stem, I can't load more than a pinch and don't need to stir (or maybe once before the end) but only rotate the stem between hits. If the screen is deeper in the stem (like the one I received from Dave, with glass beads into) you need to stir for a full efficiency and, with a 14mm bowl, it's a pia to do properly.

The taste is very good and pure when you avoid scorching, big clouds are a bit more difficult to achieve but it's doable especially with a water tool. Although I have still to tweak things more playing with tcr number and t° especially. Clouds are smooth... when I say smooth it's very smooth, absolutely no coughing at all for me!

The Imp size is one of the main pro of this atomizer, comparable to the dry herb gen2 atty from Divine tribe (without the stem) and smaller than the Iheat which is already smaller than the Splinter. Can't say for the Stempod though. I think, paired with a small sbs 1 battery mod (did it exist?), it might be a very compact setup for on the go situations.

Forgotten to mention it's very easy with battery and you can get a lot of microdosing bowls before it die. I'm using an Evic mini with sony vtc4 in.

Thanks Dave to bring us another amazing vape for experienced vaporist (I don't think it's a good one for a beginner but like a lot of others 510 vapes)

Last edited:

Hippie

@mistvaporizer I think you've missed a couple of zeros at the end
I think it should read
"If it runs hot then reduce the resistance setting in Menu>coil>manage, when it is too cool increase the resistance by .002 if to hot decrease the resistance by .002"

Don't tell anyone as you'll only get a million questions but the same method works great with the Splinter too ;)

One more sleep for me 'til ImpDay :rockon:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@mistvaporizer I think you've missed a couple of zeros at the end
I think it should read
"If it runs hot then reduce the resistance setting in Menu>coil>manage, when it is too cool increase the resistance by .002 if to hot decrease the resistance by .002"

Don't tell anyone as you'll only get a million questions but the same method works great with the Splinter too ;)

One more sleep for me 'til ImpDay :rockon:
Actually i had one that i had to reduce/increase by .02 to get close. But I'll fix it thanks. Pre releases aren't shipping for about a week, any email you got was just that the label was printed

mistvaporizer,

Hippie

Ooooh this is exciting :brow:
I paid the duty (and admin fee) for something from America this week :shrug:
Guess I'll know more when the mysterious package arrives tomorrow :lol:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Did you have a beta? If so yes those were all shipped before Christmas. Pre release units should start to ship next week

mistvaporizer,

Hippie

Woohooo I have a beta :clap::nod::love:

I'm still tinkering but initial tests are excellent on my VT75D (DNA75C mod) with TCR at 185 and a max wattage of 45W :tup:
Performance so far I 'd say is comparable to using a DDave concentrate adapter with a StemPod (which is the best flavour I've had with the StemPod) but with a much smaller and more power efficient atomizer.

Now I've got an idea of the TCR, resistance and power being draw to get the performance I want with the VT75D, I'll try it on my other mods with sur_myevic and tubo in the next few days.
I think it'll be staying on the VT75D tho long term as I'm loving the look and feel of it on their with a vape band to cover the gap and don't think I'll need cruise mode as it heats up so quick.

little maggie

Woohooo I have a beta :clap::nod::love:

I'm still tinkering but initial tests are excellent on my VT75D (DNA75C mod) with TCR at 185 and a max wattage of 45W :tup:
Performance so far I 'd say is comparable to using a DDave concentrate adapter with a StemPod (which is the best flavour I've had with the StemPod) but with a much smaller and more power efficient atomizer.

Now I've got an idea of the TCR, resistance and power being draw to get the performance I want with the VT75D, I'll try it on my other mods with sur_myevic and tubo in the next few days.
I think it'll be staying on the VT75D tho long term as I'm loving the look and feel of it on their with a vape band to cover the gap and don't think I'll need cruise mode as it heats up so quick.

Thanks. It will be very helpful to have some idea of settings when the new ones arrive.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I have had a day testing the Imp and thought i would throw down some quick thoughts.

Using the evic Vtwo mini

Power mode is a beast and really shows off the power of this vape. It has almost instant heat if set high enough

18w for comfortable vaping for a mid to high temp vaper but still need to be careful. Visible vapor by end of first pull (less than 10 seconds)

18.5 w for really quick

19w i can get black abv within a few seconds and would likely combust before the 10 second cut off.

Coil originally. 21 ohm but currently at .22, but sometimes reading. 23

I think it is still settling in or something as i keep needing to increase wattage, temp or both to keep in the same temp range in tcr. Could be the coil or the mod. At least the settling in, whatever it is, means temp drops overall so i need to increase power/temp to compensate, so less risk of accidental combustion

Temp ss316 seems best of all tcr settings so far but to get set temp anywhere near "normal" i have it at 75w and temp step between about 215 and 245 c. I know it's just a guide but dialing in a quasie real temp reading would be nice.

As far as how it is changing, last night i had 65w running between 215-235. This morning i had to bump up to 70w and by this afternoon had gone to max (75w) and needed to push temp up to 245c. It's odd. Maybe battery related? Further testing assured...

Finally remembered to count sessions. From a fully charged but old samsung 30Q battery i got 6 1/2 stems. 4 on tcr ss316 and 2 1/2 on power mode. The last half stem it wouldn't get hot enough to finish even after cranking the watts up

little maggie

I ordered an iheat from Alan. He's sending with it a stem that will work with the Imp and a whip. I'm also looking forward to some stems from Ddave.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Yoo guys, so sorry to join the party late,

Long awaited?

Code:
MistVape Imp Beta Use. 6 Bowls, ABV @ the end.

Settings are TCR 190/Coil .412 (Locked)/32.0Max Watt; Combustion can occur
around 450F+.

Timeline & Info

00:00 - Intro
00:07 - Deck Shot (Dual SS 316 Claptons)

Bowl 1 was for demonstrating production on different temps if you step up.
I do not spend time taking multiple draws on the lower temps but know if you
wanted to it is possible to have sessions, easy. This bowl is really to show that
these temperatures do actually scale and are not for show.

00:20 - Bowl 1 @ 375F
01:01 - B1, 3rd Hit @ 390F
01:13 - B1, 4th Hit @410F
01:31 - B1, 5th Hit @430F
01:43 - B1, 6th Hit @445F

Bowl 2 is more of my normal way to use this vape, at max temp with about 1
or 3 hits for extraction. The heat up on the Imp with TCR is instantaneous,
normally no longer than 2-3 seconds to get up to temp. I have also found
despite the fast initial heat up the overall extraction is consistently more
even than power/wattage mode.

02:01 - Bowl 2 @ 445F

Bowl 3 has a focus of water pipe usage and is meant to show the production
and abv at 410F. I could have taken more hits than I did but it was really
just to show off the initial extraction and production you'd see from a bowl
that wasn't fully extracted at high temps.

02:50 - Bowl 3
03:01 - Bowl 3 @ 410F

Similar to Bowl 2 Bowl 4 shows a way I prefer to use the Imp; through water,
near max temp and with a couple hits for extraction. For what its worth I also
took out that condenser screen (you can see if when I show Bowl 3) so the
bowls are a little bit more loaded.

03:54 - Bowl 4
04:02 - Bowl 4 @ 440F

Bowl 5 is just another demonstration focused on lower temp extractions and
production

05:02 - Bowl 5
05:07 - Bowl 5 @ 390F

This last bowl is like the first with temp stepping but shows dry at first then
a finish with water.

06:00 - Bowl 6
06:07 - Bowl 6 @ 390F
06:45 - B6, 3rd Hit @ 410F
07:01 - B6, 4th Hit @ 445F

ABV - 8:00

Yeah I've been loving this thing though.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Nice video @paytonpenn !

I found an amazing way to use my Imp, sorry but I like so much to tweak things... I was a bit tired of all this "load in the stem" 510 herbal atties. Even if I appreciate a lot micro-dosing under certains conditions I would appreciate a bigger load sometimes, and, I'm tired to stir in a such small area (even with the Iheat)...

So I decided to load directly in the Imp and found 2 differents mp which works with a shorter tapered gong. One is a broken Vapocane heating tip (I added a domed screen in) and the other is the shorty wood mp I got with my original MistVape (not the Touch but the old one), there was a glass insert I broke and I stuck a S&B dosing capsule in as a filter (this one doesn't fit tightly since it's not a 14mm joint).

Before first use I added a fine mesh screen on the bottom of the bowl and I lowered my temp to 360°F (and I changed before my TCR to 190, thanks to @paytonpenn ) since the load will be closer of the heating element. Results are amazing and I got some pretty dense low temp clouds for a while without any sign of charring and stirring is a lot more easy!

Pretty fun mod imho!

edit: I wanted to add, at this time charring was my main concern with the Imp and my mod solved that, I can't see any difference in color in the whole load, each draw seems to heat the whole load and there is no "tunneling" effect like I experienced with all 510 attys (I'm planning to try it on my Iheat too!)

Last edited:

Improvaper

I placed an order this morning along with an Evic V2 mini. This will replace my poor Haze Square (I love it but it's a PITA and unreliable) as my on-demand on-the-go vape. Great thread, great info, great vape. I'm a 14mm <.1g sort of guy so this is right up my alley. Looking forward to it.

Why'd you take down your livestreams on it, @paytonpenn ? I was looking forward to watching them this evening but they up and disappeared. I didn't care about the audio lol. Any other link to them?

Top Bottom