Discontinued Imp by MistVape

DeezVaprz

So I went ahead and tried the Temp settings, set to 30w, 180tcr and at 380 degrees Fahrenheit I get wonderful taste and results with fresh material. Loving this so far!

28mmtj4.jpg

Not sure why the pics keep uploading sideways though. :shrug:

sickmanfraud

Received mine today. Six-thousand miles in one week! It is Beautiful, but it would be hard to find it behind my thumb.

The big news is, it is so tiny. But with a big punch. DNA250C said resistance is .204.

I put it on my Rx 2/3 with Tubo @funkyjunky software. Three hits at 190 C and the effects are there even if I did not find visible vapor at that temp.

I am not thrilled with the threading. I got some resistance when screwing it on to both mods.

Lots of testing coming up. The stem with the glass balls is a very elegant way of deflecting the vapor. Very very clever.

BlueRidgeGreen

Hello! Does anyone know if using a rimmed screen (like the top to an Evo ELB) would work for the two-screen method with the imp?

BlueRidgeGreen,
Reactions: wall

BlueRidgeGreen

Thanks for the reply guys. Has anyone tried using a rimmed screen as the "lid" screen for slightly easier removal without the need for any tools? Or would the rim of the screen sitting on the outside of the stem cause issues with how the stem fits inside the imp?

BlueRidgeGreen,

little maggie

Thanks for the reply guys. Has anyone tried using a rimmed screen as the "lid" screen for slightly easier removal without the need for any tools? Or would the rim of the screen sitting on the outside of the stem cause issues with how the stem fits inside the imp?
I just assumed that the mvt stems would work with the imp and I use a top rim with that. But if it uses a different stem I'd like to know how to do that as well.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Been putting the Imp through it's paces. I really like the 14 mm stem, comfortably handles a much smaller load size then the 18mm most commonly found in these type vapes. The glass bead stem is very nice, does a good job of cooling and is collecting honey around the beads rather quickly.
Hooked up to the Evic loaded with the current Tubo firmware, my resistance read .188. Found my sweet spot on the M dial at 215. Perfect heat range from 395- 425 available with nice even roasting with no charring or hot spots.
Like all my other vapes similar this, I only use one screen in the stem, no top screen to hold anything in. Did have a niblet fall into the heater causing a little odor, gonna put a screen in the Imp above the heater to catch future niblets.
Like @sickmanfraud my threading was a little wonky, but I was able to thread it onto my Evic mini. A bit too much 510 male end on the Imp side keeps it from coming close to a flush mount on the mod. Not sure if all the units are like this or not. Doesn't look as good as a flush mount would and feels more vulnerable with that gap there.
Overall, a sweet little piece that surprised me with its vape signature. Nice, potent extraction in the smallest footprint of this type vape.

2sblwsx.jpg

The kink to work out during this beta round imo is this gappage. A nice wood collar heat sink to hide the threads or something.
Yes, that's as far as it tightens.

vo4bqw.jpg

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The space between the Imp and the mod is by design. An early proto day flush on the mod and caused the mod to get hot. I view this as a huge waste of energy so i made the vape sit up a bit of the mod. For the units with wood mod covers the is a wood washer to hold everything together.
I'll think about this and see if there is something that can be done

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Been putting the Imp through it's paces. I really like the 14 mm stem, comfortably handles a much smaller load size then the 18mm most commonly found in these type vapes. The glass bead stem is very nice, does a good job of cooling and is collecting honey around the beads rather quickly.
Hooked up to the Evic loaded with the current Tubo firmware, my resistance read .188. Found my sweet spot on the M dial at 215. Perfect heat range from 395- 425 available with nice even roasting with no charring or hot spots.
Like all my other vapes similar this, I only use one screen in the stem, no top screen to hold anything in. Did have a niblet fall into the heater causing a little odor, gonna put a screen in the Imp above the heater to catch future niblets.
Like @sickmanfraud my threading was a little wonky, but I was able to thread it onto my Evic mini. A bit too much 510 male end on the Imp side keeps it from coming close to a flush mount on the mod. Not sure if all the units are like this or not. Doesn't look as good as a flush mount would and feels more vulnerable with that gap there.
Overall, a sweet little piece that surprised me with its vape signature. Nice, potent extraction in the smallest footprint of this type vape.

2sblwsx.jpg

The kink to work out during this beta round imo is this gappage. A nice wood collar heat sink to hide the threads or something.
Yes, that's as far as it tightens.

vo4bqw.jpg

The space between the Imp and the mod is by design. An early proto day flush on the mod and caused the mod to get hot. I view this as a huge waste of energy so i made the vape sit up a bit of the mod. For the units with wood mod covers the is a wood washer to hold everything together.
I'll think about this and see if there is something that can be done

I think seeing exposed thread will upset my OCD. A wood washer sounds good idea.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi folks, I'm one of the lucky guys Dave choose for the Imp betatest round, I'm honored!

Imp came at home yesterday, it's beautifull and a lot smaller than the Iheat, it comes with a regular glass stem and another filled with glass beads although I only used it with an Alan's wood stem I got a while ago to use with my Touch.

First tries I paired it with my Evic mini in SS mode at 370°F and it worked very well for me but I got a sort of hot spot issue I can manage with some stirs. Please, notice I still use my Evic as it came, no Artic Fox or Tubo modes for me. Still have to try it in TCR mode.

After a few bowls I removed it from my Evic and paired it with the Movkin Disguiser, it fits perfectly but it doesn't seems able to works well here in SS mode, I feel some heat but no vapor. Sadly the Movkin doesn't have TCR feature so I ended to use it in power mode at 18W with nice results but still a thin hotspot.

More testing is coming and I will post some pics very soon.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@PPN two tips for hot spots.
Use less herb. I try to have about 2mm of space at the end of the stem. Rotate the body so the air inlets hit the coil different. Originally i had them positions diagonally but last night i tried perpendicular to the coil length. Worked very good

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Really enjoying the Imp. Love the small load size and can get nice even roasting with decent extraction with no stir needed running the Tubo firmware
The vapor this delivers is very nice sending the terpy goodness as the heat builds. This honeys up a stem like not too many can. The vape signature of this unit was the most pleasant surprise, really brings on a nice high.
Battery life is around 3-4 bowls per charge before I'm in the 20% battery left. About average for this type vape.
Have an interior screen for the Imp and a wood collar for the base coming in from Dave, ill update after those arrive.

Honeyed up stem pic after a week of casual use. Meaning, not exclusively, but plenty enough.

o8xj4g.jpg

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Hey Mistvape! If I ordered asap to Canada would it arrive before the 14th (I fly to Eu then)?

Thanks!

deadlytoaster,

little maggie

Will this (or the mvt) fit a flowermate stem? I noticed that Ed has some nice wood stems he made for the flowermate and says they are 14mm.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Should fit as all mistvape stems are 14mm. I haven't tested other stems so i can't say 100%

mistvaporizer,
Top Bottom