Pen Imag Plus

Meach

My sample unit is still going strong..theb bullets on the 3.0 look nice...the bullet system seems to be a convienience ..more accessories more things for me to misplaced..lol

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah I see I have some catching up to do, got an email about the 3 as well. Shouldnt there be a new thread candidate made for the Imag3 though? It's not really a plus (though I guess Flowermate Pro and V5S are in one thread....)

The email i was sent didn't mention the capsules actually, last bullet point (#7) was about its appearance. Maybe that part is not really ready yet? Or Scrapped? Said late September shipping for samples

@snamuh yeah taste wise, I've found that on demand pure convection really ruins you're flavor impressions for session conduction vapes like these... But for the price and tech used here that should be expected perhaps

Last edited:

Zow237

I just got my imag+ today and did two burn offs. Then packed her up (the bowl size is not that big at all)and set her on green. I was very surprised on the draw resistance, i just would lightly pull for about 5 seconds and instantly had real nice flavor but would be gone once at blue. Vapor production was more than exceptable for a 55 dollar pen vape. This seems to extract very well. I did one whole session on green, then blue, and a third on red. Material never turned darker than brown. Very even as well. I did have a question. Can I put some cotton and some e juice on it? Even oil?

Last edited:

OF

I did have a question. Can I put some cotton and some e juice on it? Even oil?

Glad you like your Imap+, I to as well. I don't suggest concentrates since there's no way to recover if any gets into the lower screen (like when still warm and standing upright?). For sure I'm not risking mine.

IMO there are lots of good vape pens out there designed for juice and concentrates, I go with them and recommend them instead. Vapor Brothers has some attractive offering?

Your call, but it'd be a shame to trash your Imap+, even more so down the road when the replacement will be twice as much?

OF

OF,

MMartins

That imag 3 looks nice.

I liked the imag+ first version but mine stopped working after a month or two. It also had a taste... I wonder if that is still prominent with the ceramic oven.

It definitely cooked the herb good and even.

Hi, I should receive my Imag+ Ceramic and Imag Pen soon, I'll compare it to the Imag+ Iron Version that I have, and tell you, how it works....

They are also working on a Imag Pen, with 3 Temperatures, like the Imag+.
(at the moment Imag Pen is just "Power On" and "enjoy", the light turns green at 200 C / 392 F)

MMartins,
Reactions: snamuh

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Hey guys. I just found out that the Imag+ is $55 at piu. Just wanted to ask one specific question before I pull the trigger. How is the draw resistance? For comparison, I ended up selling my AA because I did not like the draw resistance, even with a domed screen in the mouthpiece. I think if the Imag is similarly restricted, it may not be the portable for me. Hell, at $55 i might pull the trigger anyway.

srama21,
Reactions: OF

OF

How is the draw resistance? For comparison, I ended up selling my AA because I did not like the draw resistance, even with a domed screen in the mouthpiece. I think if the Imag is similarly restricted, it may not be the portable for me.

IMO it has less resistance than Air which works the way I suspect you hope up to a point but you'll still run into the same problem. Vapes aren't blazing, with very few exceptions they make vapor at a fixed maximum rate set by how much energy you can transfer into the load to make vapor. Unlike blazing that automatically 'throttles up' the fire to make more heat.

Portables, being chronically short of power, are even more demanding here than desktops that can afford large thermal masses and other 'work arounds'. I'm sure they'd be happy to put very little resistance in if it worked as well, they're not stupid.

Trying to pull harder than that design feature makes you dizzy and pulls more cold air in to be heated which further drops production by robbing the scarce heat. You get bigger but DILUTED clouds. No more THC, in fact less, per second. Imag+ uses a 'better' load shape for heat transfer (longer and smaller in diameter for more surface area) but is still limited.

It is very fast to heat up (therefore to recover between hits) and is a 'step up' in ease of draw. My advice is to take Randy up on his offer (it's been brought up several times before, basically half price with free shipping) before it goes away. I'm not sorry I bought mine (although I'm not sure I'd feel the same at list price), and think you'll feel the same. Go for it.

OF

OF

Well said @OF. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm going to pull the trigger. Shit, even though I sold my AA, i'd take one at $55.

I must embrace the nature of the portable, only then will i find solace

Thanks. But it seems likely you've got me confused for at least two other fellows........

If you'd like a Solo or hopefully Air eventually on the cheap, check out the 'Last call' link at PIU. I've bought Solos there as cheap as that in the past.

While some 'open loop' vapes are more forgiving, in general closed loop ones like we're talking here (temperature regulated) generally are not. True convection (TV T1 or Cera, or ESV.......or Grasshopper if it ever happens......) units are the exception, but they can have their limits too. Conduction vapes like Solo/Air, Imag+, Summit, Puffit and so on are handicapped by the mode (only so much heat can mover through the walls in a given time).

In general, I think you're right. Don't fight them, you're not likely to win and will frustrate yourself rather than enjoy the fruits of your efforts?

Regards,

OF

MMartins

Hi guys,

I have receive my Imag Pen, my Imag Pen Carbon Fiber Version, and the Imag+ Ceramic

The Imag Pen, is shorter then the Carbon one, the Imag Pen has a kind of silicone tube outside, it feels great in your hand. (but you can remove this silicone tube/case/cover)
All of them look and feel great.

Somethings about the Imag Pen:
Both Imag Pen's have 1300mah.
(PS: the Atmos Jump (is a rebrand of the Imag Pen) as 1200mah)
I was a little bit skeptical about the “one temperature setting” on the Imag Pen, but I must say it performs very well.

(Just tried the Carbon version today)
First time, run some empty sessions. (turn it up and burn it with an empty oven)

This device is actually very efficient, especially for it’s small size.

After power on, the device will turn green at 180°C (356°F), start vaporizing and then it will keep the temperature just above the 200°C (392°F).

I have made 2 sessions with one load.

I have made 1 session and check the dry herbs, just mix them a little bit, and made a second session.

The quality of vapor on this unit is quite impressive. It only has one temperature setting but you can actually get some decent cloudage out of this thing!

The taste is really nice.

There is one thing, that I don’t like on the Imag Pen, the air flow seems not to be isolated from the electronic, is coming from down, from the USB connector.

Will try some sessions this weekend, also comparing the Imag+ Iron vs Ceramic.

here some pics, from left:
Imag Pen, Imag Pen Carbon Fiber Version, and the Imag+ Ceramic...

if you have any questions just let me know.

IMG_20150918_075915.jpg
IMG_20150918_080131.jpg

ryanlaghost

Ive had both my imag+'s for over a year, and store one in my car and another in my backpack for schoolbreaks. I use them everyday, all the time. to the point that i have to charge them at the end of the day. I love these things, with a little modding of course (using a cloudv glass globe as mouthpiece). The new "3" looks cool, but what I'm interested on is these malfunctions you guys and gals are experiencing, how can you tell that it stars faulting? does it just not heat anymore? or is there another variable?

ryanlaghost,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi MMartins thanks for posting! This is the first time I heard about the Imag pen, is it a new device? why there is differences between the 2 Imag pen version you have?

My main issue with my Imag+ is the size, that's why I'm very interested by the Imag pen!

snamuh

ghost
Ive had both my imag+'s for over a year, and store one in my car and another in my backpack for schoolbreaks. I use them everyday, all the time. to the point that i have to charge them at the end of the day. I love these things, with a little modding of course (using a cloudv glass globe as mouthpiece). The new "3" looks cool, but what I'm interested on is these malfunctions you guys and gals are experiencing, how can you tell that it stars faulting? does it just not heat anymore? or is there another variable?
Mine just stopped working out of the blue. I forget exactly what happened... It's probably posted in this thread though. If I recall correctly it just wouldnt turn on or charge...

snamuh,

MMartins

Hi MMartins thanks for posting! This is the first time I heard about the Imag pen, is it a new device? why there is differences between the 2 Imag pen version you have?

My main issue with my Imag+ is the size, that's why I'm very interested by the Imag pen!

Hi PPN, the Imag Pen was releases last year.

PS: the Imag Pen is the shorter one, the Black one.

The Carbon Fiber Version, is a special Version, is little bit longer, but it’s the same on functionality and can be also ordered.

BTW, they are also working on a updated Imag Pen version, that would have 3 temperatures, like the Imag+, this should be available soon. ( 1-2 mounths )

The size of the Imag Pen is great, just fits everywhere.
They have also some glass water bubbler for the Imag Pen.

Here some pics…
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

SamsonsRiddle

Well said @OF. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm going to pull the trigger. Shit, even though I sold my AA, i'd take one at $55.

I must embrace the nature of the portable, only then will i find solace

I don't know how your experience has been with the Imag+, but i suggest for the largest clouds to just ramp it up to the "red" level from the beginning. It's the only way i use it anymore, especially if the chamber is full and have a friend or two. The other two settings just don't do it for me.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I don't know how your experience has been with the Imag+, but i suggest for the largest clouds to just ramp it up to the "red" level from the beginning. It's the only way i use it anymore, especially if the chamber is full and have a friend or two. The other two settings just don't do it for me.
Ouch! you get solid lungs, I can't handle the clouds it produces at red setting...even with concentrates I made a first session at blue and use red only at the end of the second!

You are a high temp lover without any doubt!

PPN,
Reactions: OF

OF

Ouch! you get solid lungs, I can't handle the clouds it produces at red setting...even with concentrates I made a first session at blue and use red only at the end of the second!

You are a high temp lover without any doubt!

With you there, not much use to me. Nice that that option is there for folks that might want it of course, but I'm quite happy with the speed and production at lower levels.

In a way it gives a guy some extra confidence to know that potential is on tap. Kind of like all those numbers on the speedometer after the ones you use?

OF

OF,
Reactions: PPN

just.blaze

I don't think you can dismantle an Imag... I just bought one on the 14 and on the 17th it stopped working.

The light still comes on but the ceramic heating element just stopped working. I'm contacting the retailer now and hope to get a new one soon. Hopefully they will honor the 1 year warranty.

I actually really like the Imag, sleek design, quick heat, quick charge, very economical with the herb, decent clouds of vapor and they definitely get the job done. It's a really nice vaporizer, just a shame they seem to have some reliability issues.

Anyone else experience this?

just.blaze,

edwintung

When will the iMag 3 get released? I was promised a sample from their competition of the futuristic Imag 2 since last year but 0 news.

I was one of their first buyers of the iMag+ yo.. :(

edwintung,

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
When will the iMag 3 get released? I was promised a sample from their competition of the futuristic Imag 2 since last year but 0 news.

I was one of their first buyers of the iMag+ yo.. :(
This is the email i received on Sept 28, 2015.
Hi,Dear *********,
Dual to Chinese Mid-autumn Festival and National day ,and workers go back home to enjoy their holidays,We have to put off the launching of our Imag 3 till middle of October. We are really sorry to keep you waiting for such a long time.Thank you for your constant love.
Best Regards
Relaxotech

wm762,
Reactions: Meach

Alt101

Any news on the newest iteration of the imag? My ceramic is still going strong, it's my go to out and about vape. Starting to itch for a portable vape upgrade... Haha

Alt101,
Top Bottom