I have no idea what I'm doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerMath

I've been smoking out of glass pipes and bongs for almost a decade now, and I've only ever done vapes with friends (i.e. they were the ones 'driving'). I finally broke down and bought one (Viva la Vape Guerrilla), but I am CLEARLY doing something wrong here. I've tried looking up tutorials, video guides, etc, but to no avail. Here is exactly what I'm doing:

1. Turn on the main device to start the heating process
2. Fill the removable chamber with the herbs
3a. Put the chamber in the main device, and let it heat for about ten minutes at 350 (as instructed by a friend)
3b. I've also tried putting it in and filling the bag immediately
4. Attach bag, turn on the air pump, and let it fill, maintaining a temp of somewhere between 350-370 as the bag fills

I'd get more of a response if I just smelled the herbs. I took in two full bags, and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

HuskerMath,

Nycdeisel

If you are not getting vapor, slightly, and gradually increase the temperature like hippie said^ do this slowly so you dont burn it.

Make sure your herbs are dry and are ground well(not too fine, but ground nice and even, a medium grind consistency) this is super super important and makes a gigantic difference in the kind of vapor you get.

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
never heard of the vape you bought before. you have used the same model before and gotten decent results?

weedemon,
Reactions: grokit

treecityrnd

After watching the video, he could barely produce visible vapor even in their promo video. Not a good sign with the unit set on 455F. At least make sure your bag is "flat/empty" before starting. May help get a better vapor:air ratio. And the fact that this thread should now be renamed Viva la Vape Guerrilla and put in the main Model Specific thread says a lot too. Well, either model specific or Little Known/Obsolete Vapes ;)

Husker in Nebraska? Was this a local head shop purchase? I've been to the head shops in Lincoln and Omaha back in the day. Maybe searching on here for a while will help make your next purchase a winner. There are so many to chose from these days. Portable, stealth, big hitter, one-hitters, desktops, logs, and even dreams of a cloud. Shipping is easy. Many online retailers and many great deals in the Classified section here on FC. I saw at least 4 vapes and 2 glass pieces go up for sale this week that are amazing deals. You can get a DBV for the same price (or cheaper with FC discounts or used) as that Viva la Vape Guerrilla and all your friends will be happy. Very shallow learning curve.

The point being: you made a great choice for life. Congrats! :clap: Now the fun journey begins of collecting and trying different vaporizer. It's a little hobby for many around here...or career.

treecityrnd,
Reactions: Enchantre

HuskerMath

Yeah, I've used this model with friends, and it worked great. That's one of the reasons why I got this over other models - I didn't want to drop huge money, and this seemed like it worked perfectly. You know, I actually did find that video, but it didn't eve occur to me to look at his temperature lol I'll try this out when I get home, thanks all.

Luckily, the guy at the head shop is a family friend, so I can return and get an upgraded model if needed. Assuming that's what I'll have to do, what would you all recommend? Keep in mind I'm working on a student's budget here ;)

EDIT: Also, just as an extension, I don't need it to be bag or whip specific. I don't really care.

HuskerMath,

HuskerMath

I was looking for something more along the lines of a stand alone vaporizer - that is, not a pipe-shape. I'm not anti-smoking, so if I'm using a pipe, I'll just use my glass one lol

HuskerMath,

hogleg

well you will be anti smoking after you have a good vaporizer or two. solo is great as well

hogleg,

HuskerMath

Yeah, I've heard that Solo is good. I've also heard a lot about Easy Vape, but in all honestly, the two look exactly the same, and the prices are pretty much the same, too.

HuskerMath,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations HuskerMath,

HuskerMath said:
...I can return and get an upgraded model...

It didn't occur to me before that the Guerrilla vaporizer (by Viva La Vape) came with an aquarium pump similar to that of the HerbalAire. In any case, as a consequence this user-provided "Upgrade" should work with the Guerrilla as well:

(Leviton Hi-Lo Lamp Dimmer No. 1420)

Briefly put a pump working at reduced (50 %) speed helps with vapor concentration. I can tell, i tried it. If that pump on the video is dimmer-compatible then this must be an option for the Guerrilla owners as well i guess!

HuskerMath said:
I was looking for something more along the lines of a stand alone vaporizer...

Euh...

Anyway. Does the Vapolution 2.0 qualify as a "Stand Alone" vaporizer capable of meeting your requirements?

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: grokit

HuskerMath

It's official - I am not smart. It didn't even occur to me that it wasn't reaching the right temp. Turns out the thing is a lemon - turned ALL the way up, the temperature only reaches 200-210 F.

@Egzoset: Why the "euh..."? And yeah, that link you provided looks pretty much exactly like what I'm looking for.

HuskerMath,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

HuskerMath said:
...that link you provided looks pretty much exactly like what I'm looking for.

Great! It wasn't clear to me what "Stand Alone" meant exactly (i suspected you might be after a "Portable" instead, actually)...

Egzoset,

HuskerMath

Yeah, is there a name for what I'm looking for? Basically where you set it down on the table and use a whip or bag.

CONCLUSION!
I took back the piece o' crap, got my money back, and bought an Easy Vape. Half the price, and it works amazing. Thanks for everyone's help!

HuskerMath,

Egzoset

Banned
Well...

To me "Stand Alone" designates something that's complete all by itself and needs no external input to do its work. If you have a fixed spot in mind for it with an electric wall outlet waiting for it then maybe you could just call that an electric vaporizer, a table vaporizer or simply an indoor vaporizer, IMO.

Good luck with the Easy Vape.

Egzoset,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom