I broke my right foot yesterday morning. :(

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I am still hanging in there! :)

I go back to the Orthopedic surgeon this Thursday afternoon. Hopefully he will give me good news.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
UPDATE:

Saw the Orthopedic Surgeon this afternoon. Good news and bad news. The good news is the cast finally came off my right foot, and is healing well. Yeah!! :)

The bad news is the cast on my left foot will be left on until further notice. The doctor said he didn't think it was healing correctly, so he wants me back in 2 weeks for another x-ray. He said he would make a decision then whether I need surgery or not. I really hoping for "not."

Vicki,

Nycdeisel

Good luck to you Vicki! It sounds like progress is being made! hopefully it wont be a repeat of what happened before. take care!

My next trench is for you :cheers:

Nycdeisel,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Nycdeisel said:
Good luck to you Vicki! It sounds like progress is being made! hopefully it wont be a repeat of what happened before. take care!

My next trench is for you :cheers:

Thanks, me too! :)

Vicki,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Well Vicki, I am sorry to see this thread come back with bad news, but am glad to hear of the recent better news....One thing I can say, is that your are handling this pretty well! My uncle had his foot operated on for gout, and was unable to walk for a couple months. He had one of those scooters, that you bend you knee and rest your shin on...but he had a pretty crappy time.

Regardless, it is inspiring to see someone go through a rough situation, while keeping a (digital) smile on their (digital) face... ;-)

Hang in there, and best of luck on your next appointment! Hopefully no more surgeries!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Well Vicki, I am sorry to see this thread come back with bad news, but am glad to hear of the recent better news....One thing I can say, is that your are handling this pretty well! My uncle had his foot operated on for gout, and was unable to walk for a couple months. He had one of those scooters, that you bend you knee and rest your shin on...but he had a pretty crappy time.

Regardless, it is inspiring to see someone go through a rough situation, while keeping a (digital) smile on their (digital) face... ;-)

Hang in there, and best of luck on your next appointment! Hopefully no more surgeries!

Thanks for the well wishes!! Sorry to hear about your uncle. I have to keep a positive attitude or I'd go crazy. :) I'm only in a wheelchair part-time now, and that's awesome!! :D

Vicki,

Raf007

Retailer
not only bad news, the right foot is healing well.
Let's concentrate on the positiv !:D

Raf007,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Saw the Orthopedic surgeon today......

My left foot is not healing as well as they had hoped, plus I also have a painful bunion, so he is recommending surgery. The problem is we don't have the best insurance. We would have to come up with $2,000 dollars plus 20% after that, and we don't have it. So, the surgery will have to be put on hold, and I'll be in the wheelchair longer than expected. I hate insurance companies with a passion. :mad:

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm so sorry Vicki. Doesn't it seem like the insurance companies make up the rules as they go along? Pisses me off too.

Try to be patient (I know; easy for me to say) and maybe find something to do that can be done in a wheelchair. Maybe get some online Christmas shopping done? I don't know how "crafty" you are, but maybe make some presents?

Funny how when you can't get out, you want to so badly.

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
Sorry to hear about your setback Vicki. You certainly have more than your share of bad luck when it comes to medical problems. Ins. companies suck the big one. They look for every opportunity to deny claims and screw the customer.

max,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks. We were given phone numbers to call to get and get the cost for of everything. The surgeon is one charge, the hospital has a charge, and also the anethesiologist. We have not checked yet, but I know it will be in the thousands of dollars. I'm not even sure if these doctors and the hospital would take payments. They would all three probably make it so high, we couldn't afford the monthly payments.

I refuse to get our family in financial difficulties, or worse, because of this. Forgive my tone. I'm still pissed about all of it. But, not to the point that I will get depressed, or feel sorry for myself. There's always tax refund time, or we could cash in some U.S. savings bonds. ::sigh::

Vicki,

Beezleb

Well these positive vibes wont cost you anything.

Incoming Positive Vibes coming your way in a big cloud of vapor!

Beezleb,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Beezleb said:
Well these positive vibes wont cost you anything.

Incoming Positive Vibes coming your way in a big cloud of vapor!

Thank you, I'll gladly take them all. :)

Vicki,

Raf007

Retailer
Cloud of vaped positiv vibes from France incomin' !

Hate it every time I read about someone not being able to get medical care in a rich country.

Come live in France, it would be almost free ;)

Or more seriously, give it a look at how much it will cost in a foreign country such as Morocco, Romania, Mexico, etc... I know they can have good & affo medical care.

Raf007,
Top Bottom