I broke my right foot yesterday morning. :(

Raf007

Retailer
really nothing ??

What does the law gorverning prescription in your state says ?
Some time the prescription period starts only when the victim is aware of the responsability of the person. ie, nowadays.
But then start a long legal procedure...

Best of luck for the next coming weeks, it's gonna feel long, but soon you'll remember it as something not that traumatic...I hope for you ;)

Raf007,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Raf007 said:
really nothing ??

What does the law gorverning prescription in your state says ?
Some time the prescription period starts only when the victim is aware of the responsability of the person. ie, nowadays.
But then start a long legal procedure...

Best of luck for the next coming weeks, it's gonna feel long, but soon you'll remember it as something not that traumatic...I hope for you ;)

Nothing that I am aware of right now. I know that the old Urgent Care I went to 15 years ago isn't even there anymore. I'm glad I found out because that mistake explains a lot of things. Why my foot kept hurting, even after 6 months, for one.

Vicki,

Raf007

Retailer
Then indeed it's going to be hard to claim anything if they are not there anymore.
Hope for you they can fix it right fast and clean.
I know for my middle finger that I should have get fixed they told me that the only solution for me to get it back would be to break it again to restructure the thing.
I just passed on that option and live with a middle finger kinda fragile but way ok.

Raf007,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Raf007 said:
Then indeed it's going to be hard to claim anything if they are not there anymore.
Hope for you they can fix it right fast and clean.
I know for my middle finger that I should have get fixed they told me that the only solution for me to get it back would be to break it again to restructure the thing.
I just passed on that option and live with a middle finger kinda fragile but way ok.

That's exactly how I feel. I can live without surgery.

Vicki,

Raf007

Retailer
Good moove imo ;)
Especially that they can not garantee the results.

Raf007,

BillieBudd

I have thus far been spared a broken bone, but I have had a total hip replacement and can loudly second what Smokey had to say about rehabbing the foot when the time comes...it may be painful, it may be bothersome but the time and effort put in now will pay off big time in the future...good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery...

BillieBudd,

Raf007

Retailer
CombustionJunction said:
I have never broken a bone in my life *knocks on wood* :uhoh:

Did you ever give a good try at skateboarding ??? If not you should ...:D

Raf007,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Got back from the Urgent Care a couple hours ago. It would appear that I have also broken my left foot. A stress fracture in the second cuneiform, and a possible torn ligament. Possibly caused by putting too much weight on that foot. It is also possible Osteopenia may be to blame. I've already had one bone density test, and the results could have been better. My doctor didn't treat it at that point, though. I know she will order another test when I see her next Wednesday.

The Urgent Care doctor said I cannot put any weight on either foot now. So, for a while, I'll be in a wheelchair all the time. Hopefully it wont be for very long, though. I've used a wheelchair for certain occasions in the past, but never full time yet. So, this will be a new experience for me. I'll be keeping a positive attitude! :D

BTW, Oxycodone is nice stuff. :)

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh Vicki, what a bummer! It's so restricting. But it looks like you've got a great attitude about this so, hopefully, this will pass quickly and you can get back to "normal." :D

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
momofthegoons said:
Oh Vicki, what a bummer! It's so restricting. But it looks like you've got a great attitude about this so, hopefully, this will pass quickly and you can get back to "normal." :D

Thanks! :)

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude so that I don't get depressed. It gets frustrating when I can't do things for myself, and have to rely on others, especially when I'm so independent.

Vicki,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Good lord woman, I feel your pain. (Literally)

I broke my foot many years ago and 2 surgeries later STILL have issues with it (as well as the other one due to compensating) I am in the process of having them re-re-evaluated by the VA so I can get at least some pain relief on the day to day. Im sorry for you hun, welcome to a lifetime of hurting foots :(

AGBeer,

vapirtoo

Wow sometimes experts really suck.
Keep it elevated as much as possible.
Heal fast and keep vaping! :brow:
I would be so pissed about that first
mis diagnosed fracture !

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks. :)

I was pissed for a while, but I let it go. Now, with both feet broken, my patience is wearing thin.

Vicki,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Wow, that's rotten luck Vicki. I'd be pretty pissed. I'm wishing you a fast recovery, and hope you've got plenty of folk around to help you on the way.

Imagine being this guy :lol: you're nearly there! ( I doubt that helps, actually :rolleyes: )
bodycast.jpg

WatTyler,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vicki said:

I was pissed for a while, but I let it go. Now, with both feet broken, my patience is wearing thin.

It just sucks that you have to endure this. Vaping helps alot, doesn't it?
I think I might have mentioned in this thread that when I fractured my left foot two years ago I literally had to crawl on my knees just to get to the bathroom. I don't recall what I did to get into the shower but it was very slow going and agonizing. Mornings were the worst. It's when the pain was most abject. Hope you heal fast....

jeffp,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
jeffp said:
Vicki said:

It just sucks that you have to endure this. Vaping helps alot, doesn't it?
I think I might have mentioned in this thread that when I fractured my left foot two years ago I literally had to crawl on my knees just to get to the bathroom. I don't recall what I did to get into the shower but it was very slow going and agonizing. Mornings were the worst. It's when the pain was most abject. Hope you heal fast....

Thanks. Yes, I vap a lot, and it does help a lot. They also gave me Oxycodone, but it's so strong, I can't take more than one capsule a day. I remember you talking about your situation, and it sounded horrible. I have a shower chair, but need help getting in the shower.

Mornings have always been bad for me with my RA, but so are these injuries. Very stiff and painful when I first wake up.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Update:

I injured my left foot while on my crutches, while putting all my weight on it. I have a stress fracture in the 2nd cuneiform bone, and possibly a torn ligiment.

I saw the Orthopedic surgeon today, and he wants to wait 3 more weeks to see if it gets better. If not, he'll schedule an MRI for my left foot. On the bright side, my right foot is getting better. :)

On the down side, I'm confined to my wheelchair for the next three weeks, until I see the doctor again.

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vicki, that is a darn shame. But, at least your right foot is getting better! Keep your spirits up. This is a small glitch in time. It will be over soon and you will have your freedom back. And hopefully, this continued rest will be good for the left foot too.

momofthegoons,

Raf007

Retailer
Damn !!
just read this thread after like 3 weeks off FC, I can't believe what I'm reading.

I hope you'll keep up with the positive vibe !
Attraction law in mind and with a positive mind I'm sure you'll find some benefit in this situation at the end. At least I hope.

Vaping one for you out of my LSV and my piece of glass !!

Mom: Mom I really like your new avatar.

Raf007,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you Raf....

I saw this thread active again and thought maybe there was good news from you Vicki. Hope you are hanging in there.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom