I broke my right foot yesterday morning. :(

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I never realized how much of a pain this can be, in more ways than one. Definitely not fun, but definitely off topic. LOL I pulled out my 2700 MaH batteries so I could vap my LB hotter, to get better pain relief.

Has anyone else broken a foot?

Vicki,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I didn't break my foot, but got a massive ankle distortion while skateboarding few years ago...it's very debilitating as you can't run/doing sports no more and if that's a huge part of your life as mine, it sucks and a bit of depression may come. Pain was also a problem since I didn't use pot at that time.
Just chill, watch some tv series or play some videogames if you are into them. I used to think that people usually go through greater problems during life, and that was conforting since this is a transitory pain.
I thought about that also when I broke my left thumb metacarpus and got operated, my first night in hospital! Even if these are minor injuries, they made me think very much and helped me in my world's view, and understanding how much pain and diseases are lurking besides our lives.

Smokey,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:( Man... I feel for you! Have not broken a foot but I've broken my hand twice...my good hand too ROFL!! Years ago when hand was broken I had a neighbor that would sit and roll joints for me each night :D after a week or so he brought me one of those rolly machines to see if I could manage that with one hand. I did lol.

The last time I shattered the shit out of my hand and they wanted to do surgery, put pins in fingers, etc. I had way too much going on to slow down for that so I said no. It turned out okay...course pins probably would have been better but... worked out okay.

I think high temps will be helpful for you while you're healing.

Lo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
sorry to hear you're under the weather

so, take care of yourself, we all are thinking of you (if we traipse into the Lounge)

cute_kitten_cast-261.jpeg

VWFringe,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Sorry to hear about this Vicki - I fractured my left foot in two places two winters ago from slipping on ice walking down outdoor cement steps.
The initial pain was horrible - how I drove home is beyond me. After I managed to park my car I was incapable of walking into my building; fortunately a few neighbors
were outside late and they almost carried me into my apt. I had to crawl on my hands and knees just to get to the bathroom.
And yes, vaping helped immeasurably. The body heals very fast; one week later and I was back to work.
Be well.....

jeffp,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks for the well wishes. :)

I go see the Orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, so I'll know how bad it really is.

Vicki,

lwien

Best of luck to ya, Vicki.

I never broke a foot, but I broke my hand once playing football in high school. The pain, while not super intense, was different than any other kind of pain I experienced before. I mean, if I ever got another broken bone, I would know, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was broken. A very deep ache.

Here's wishing you a fast heal...........

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
That's just awful Vicki. Keep elevated. Having a broken foot swell in a cast is really, really bad.

willieR,

VaporEyeSore

Vicki said:
I never realized how much of a pain this can be, in more ways than one. Definitely not fun, but definitely off topic. LOL I pulled out my 2700 MaH batteries so I could vap my LB hotter, to get better pain relief.

Has anyone else broken a foot?

Yep hurts like fook dunit :lol:
Shattered my leg in 30 places just above the ankle 16 months only just starting to walk again. So at least you not that bad.
Take pride in the fact that although you broke your foot you are still lucky! Probably lucky that was all you did in the accident and you can also be sure that there is some poor bastard in this world that had it a lot worse than you.
And you will be soooo gratefull and happy when you start walking again believe me. Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better
But a good reason for pain relief medication :)

VaporEyeSore,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm keeping it elevated as much as possible. I also ice the area several times a day too. It looks worse today than it did yesterday.

Vicki,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Initially you want ice to reduce swelling. After the trauma you'd want to go to warmer, to facilitate the fluid moving out of the area. So ice first, then warm. Especially after the cast if off. Some people keep icing for days and days. Ice is for the initial couple of days.

Elevating is such a huge aspect

willieR,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
willieR said:
Initially you want ice to reduce swelling. After the trauma you'd want to go to warmer, to facilitate the fluid moving out of the area. So ice first, then warm. Especially after the cast if off. Some people keep icing for days and days. Ice is for the initial couple of days.

Elevating is such a huge aspect

The doctor at the Urgent Care said no heat whatsoever. The Orthopedic surgeon may say differently tomorrow, though. They gave me a walking boot and crutches yesterday at the Urgent Care Center. I hope I don't have to get a real cast, that would suck. LOL

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Saw the Orthopedic surgeon this afternoon. The breaks aren't bad enough to need surgery, and I am so relieved! I am now in an air cast and crutches for the next 6 weeks, minimum. The new cast and Lortabs are helping a lot.

Vicki,

Nycdeisel

glad to hear you are going to recover fully ;) well as longa s you go about it right, elevation and such.
I broke my right ankle, so bad, then had many problems with that ankle afterwards and now it;; probably never be the same as it once was.

Vape up, Vicki, and feel better :)

Nycdeisel,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Nycdeisel said:
glad to hear you are going to recover fully ;) well as longa s you go about it right, elevation and such.
I broke my right ankle, so bad, then had many problems with that ankle afterwards and now it;; probably never be the same as it once was.

Vape up, Vicki, and feel better :)

I'm keeping it elevated most of the time when I am sitting down. I have to take occasional breaks because I'd go nuts if I didn't. LOL

Vicki,

Nycdeisel

I have worn plenty of silly looking casts like that :p
I wore an aircast for a while for my ankle that I had to wear inside my shoe, talk about uncomfortable...

Nycdeisel,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Haha robocop! Ayway, rehabilitation and exercises play a huge role in how you're gonna walk out of this. The better and more you do, the less it will have impact on your future, so get ready to put effort for that, very important.

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Can't believe I missed this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your foot Vicki. I've had my share of orthopedic issues, a broken ankle being one, and I know how painful and irritating the entire experience can be. I'm so glad surgery isn't necessary. Just keep that "storm trooper boot" on as much as possible and stay off your feet when you can.

And of course, vape, vape, and vape some more. Hope you feel better soon!

momofthegoons,

lwien

Ya know, besides the pain and shit, the damn inconvenience of taking a shower is what really got me. That and scratching an itch.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
momofthegoons said:
Can't believe I missed this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your foot Vicki. I've had my share of orthopedic issues, a broken ankle being one, and I know how painful and irritating the entire experience can be. I'm so glad surgery isn't necessary. Just keep that "storm trooper boot" on as much as possible and stay off your feet when you can.

And of course, vape, vape, and vape some more. Hope you feel better soon!

"Storm Trooper boot." LOL That's exactly what I thought when they brought it into the exam room.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Ya know, besides the pain and shit, the damn inconvenience of taking a shower is what really got me. That and scratching an itch.

Everything I do is harder now, I know what you mean. We have a shower with a removable shower head, so I can sit and shower. :)

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Here's a great example as to why I don't completely trust all doctors.

Fifteen years ago, I twisted this same foot while I was giving a dog a bath. It hurt just as bad as it does now with this injury. I was sent to an Urgent Care under Workman's Comp, and they took x-rays. They said it was just a bad sprain, and gave me a foot boot.

Fast forward to this past Monday. The doctor at the Urgent Care asked if I had broken this foot before. I was like, "no, I sprained it." He says, "it looks like an old fracture that did not heal properly." I just kinda blew him off because he was an Urgent Care doctor.

Fast forward again to yesterday. While the Orthopedic surgeon is looking at my x-rays, he asks the same question, "did you break this foot before?" I told him the Urgent Care doctor asked the same thing. I told him that I was told it was just a bad sprain. He says, "no it was broken." I was shocked and pissed. This is the exact same bone I broke 15 years ago too.

Nothing I can really do about it now, though.

Vicki,
Top Bottom