How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by vtac, Jun 3, 2009.

1. The Stranger

The Stranger Account Closed

I think the reclaim vaporizes at a much lower temperature so as long as you don't combust the cotton it should be fine. Same principle when vaporizing e juice off cotton in an e cig, I guess.

2. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

yes, but i would recommend buying organic non-bleached cotton swabs

Nazz1, looney2nz and MinnBobber like this.
  3. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Or get a clump of degummed hemp fiber and wrap around a Q-tip.
    Swab the goo and unwind the hemp fiber-----vape away.

looney2nz likes this.
  4. N1ghtWalker

N1ghtWalker Member

Hi @vtac !

First, congratulations and thanks for the guide! I followed your steps and the result was this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it was slightly darker than normal, due to the fact that it joined the residues of the grinder (correct me if I'm wrong!). In fact, you can see the image, which in the middle has some kief! But now I have some questions:

1. What is the best way to be able to take the debris that was left on the plate?
    2. How / where to store it without suffering any kind of contamination?
    3. How vaporize properly without damaging the vaporizer?
    In this case, Mighty!
    4. How do I know the amount I have to put?
    Since I never vaporizei resin!

Thanks in advance!

Big hug!

JBO and ktmstick like this.
  5. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

I take as much off as I can with a razor blade, once you have the majority off, I heat the object the debris are on with a hair dryer from below. Then take a small piece of natural cotton and rub it all over the surface and it will pick it up. Depending on your vape you can maybe put this cotton straight in, and I find it's very potent.

6. N1ghtWalker

N1ghtWalker Member

Hi @bluenavey00

Thanks for the answer.
    It's the only way? If it is, you will have to wait, because I'm not home natural cotton.
    The vape I have is the Mighty.

Big hug

7. JimmyCricket

JimmyCricket Well-Known Member

Question: I just cleaned my vapes and grinder with iso and am going to evap the alcohol. Should I run this through a coffee filter first or do I want to keep that plant material in the mixture?

8. JimmyCricket

So I evaped it with a hot plate and heres the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It came out really dry not oily at all. Is that normal or did I mess something up?

9. N1ghtWalker

N1ghtWalker Member

Hi @JimmyCricket

As you may have noticed, I have a lot of experience on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that this is not the aspect that had to have! If your realizing above, I put a picture and has nothing to do with this. It is quite sticky! The only (apparently) difference to the applied method was simply let evaporate naturally overnight. I did not use any kind of heat, fan, nothing. Therefore, it may be the fact that you too hot to stay that way. But beware, my opinion, is worth what it is worth!

Big hug.

JimmyCricket likes this.
  10. JimmyCricket

Yeah I probably used too much heat, but hopefully that doesn't mean i got rid of all the good stuff in it!

11. N1ghtWalker

N1ghtWalker Member

That honestly do not know answer you. But for you to be honest, it is quite possible!

12. Mailinpox

Mailinpox New Member

I recently changed my ariser extreme whip and made sure to always store it after use so the hose was in a hanging U shape. After a month once a considerable amount of oil accumulated I cut the tube section containing it out, and emptied it into a clean empty syringe. This is about one months worth of oil (from 1.5 oz). Looking forward to trying this stuff out! It is 0.25ml.

[​IMG]

sickmanfraud and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  13. skaav

skaav Active Member

This is what it looks like if you dont properly filter your stuff btw, unless im very mistaken.
    All that material should not be there, did you run your iso/solvent rhough a coffee filter a few times after rinsing? Otherwise that stuff is basicaly just bleached ABV with 0 goodness left, and if you press that stuff you will get the nastiest Oil ever, talking from experience here.

After scraping that stuff together was there a sticky substance left on your scraping tool? If so, that is your ruined resin.

14. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH Staff Member

Heavily disagree. Almost all of the ISO extract I ever made dried out into that white flaky consistency. If it weren't filtered properly then there would be bits of plant matter visible. When it melts it will resemble oil. Read closer he cleaned vape parts and grinders. not ABV.

Grim Chiclets and Vitolo like this.
  15. JimmyCricket

If I recall correctly, I did filter it, but it did not come out oily at all. I have tried some and it does get me high tho. Tastes like alcohol tho. Where did I go wrong? Too much heat?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors