• 2x per day

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • 3x per day

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • 4x per day

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • 5x per day

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • >6x per day (including all day every day)

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • All day, but only one day per week.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All day, but only a few days per week.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other (Note that you picked "other" and explain, in your post.)

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters

EverythingsHazy

This is a pretty simple thread. I've been posting a few of these analytic threads lately, trying to help figure out the trends in the vaporizing community, with the intention of helping us better understand our relationship with this amazing plant.

herbivore21

I think you'll find most people's usage can vary very greatly. I would vaporize (dab, because I'm a concentrates only kind of guy) 0-3 times during the day. At night, depending on my insomnia, I may dab 3-10 times! My main medical requirement for cannabis is insomnia, my other symptoms that benefit from cannabis require much less dosage for the desired effect.

On the weekend, I might dab more to pass the time and because I can if I have something extra tasty on hand (which is usually ;) ).

I had to choose other because I don't necessarily always dab >6x per day.

Gone are the days when I used to dab large amounts much more frequently. I find that these days, I prefer to get the desired effect without breathing in and out so many clouds. I experience a scratchy throat and respiratory congestion (especially from flowers!) if I puff tough like I used to :2c: Maybe I'm just getting too old :lol:

EverythingsHazy

I think you'll find most people's usage can vary very greatly. I would vaporize (dab, because I'm a concentrates only kind of guy) 0-3 times during the day. At night, depending on my insomnia, I may dab 3-10 times! My main medical requirement for cannabis is insomnia, my other symptoms that benefit from cannabis require much less dosage for the desired effect.

On the weekend, I might dab more to pass the time and because I can if I have something extra tasty on hand (which is usually ;) ).

I had to choose other because I don't necessarily always dab >6x per day.

Gone are the days when I used to dab large amounts much more frequently. I find that these days, I prefer to get the desired effect without breathing in and out so many clouds. I experience a scratchy throat and respiratory congestion (especially from flowers!) if I puff tough like I used to :2c: Maybe I'm just getting too old :lol:
When you say you dab 3-10x at night for insomnia, is that throughout the night when you wake up, several "sessions" while trying to get to sleep, or just 3-10 dabs all at once for a knockout punch?

herbivore21

When you say you dab 3-10x at night for insomnia, is that throughout the night when you wake up, several "sessions" while trying to get to sleep, or just 3-10 dabs all at once for a knockout punch?
Generally the latter 'knockout punch' scenario my friend. I do not typically wake up in the night if I medicate insomnia with concentrates. With flowers, I find that I do wake up frequently though the night.

Baron23

I vape now mainly for pain and the impact of my back injury on my ability to sleep (or really, not be able to sleep for longer than cat naps unless sedated).

Now, I'm 64 and toked on my first joint when I was 14 so yeah...I know what recreational use is about and quite frankly I still love the feeling of an MJ high. Just do.

But these days I strive to make it through the day and then knock myself out at night. I try to make it through the day without vaping because I'm way more productive that way and I'm trying to manage my tolerance to some degree.

So, I voted once per day but I'm much like my friend @herbivore21, when vaping flower for sedation I will often be back up at 2 am or so and vaping a quick .05 -.1 gram to get back to sleep.

Even when I dab heavy, really go for the knock out, I'm still up and completely out of bed walking my back around a bit at least 3-4 times in the night.

Just one more story in the naked city! hahaha

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm a late evening vaporist when I'm by myself; the last thing I do before sleep. One or two bowls and I'm good. When friends are over it's an earlier start but it's evening and more is consumed often including edibles. I just can't relate to getting high during the day but I abstain at my own peril.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I tend to earn my buzz by getting my work day out of the way or by getting my honey-do list under control before having my first session for the day. Typically this means I wait till around 8pm before getting my first session in. I'll usually wait till an hour before bed for the second and last session.

The exception to the rule is early morning weekend long runs. There's something about that fully rested body and mind that seems to set the stage for the best buzz of the day. When I can combine it with a runner's high it's euphoric. Problem is .... when the early morning buzz run is over .... the only productive things I'm capable of doing is eating whatever isn't nailed down and taking a nice long nap.

Farid

I shoot for 5 times a day. Sometimes I have a busy day and I can only work in 3. Unless I'm traveling it's rare for me to do less than 3.

No matter how many sessions I get in, I have what I call the 3 hour rule. Basically if I'm smoking I try to wait at least 3 hours before my next session. In general if I wait 3 hours I get 5 sessions in. If I wait 4 hours I get 4 sessions in, and if I wait 5 hours I get three sessions in.

BD9

When I do have anything to vape I may only vape once or twice during the week and maybe 2 or 3 times a day on weekends.
I don't like the feeling of being 'stoned'. But I do like to get high. Being high I want to do things because my pain is under control. Being stoned I don't feel like doing anything but sitting or laying around and wishing I wasn't feeling stoned.
I have a low tolerance and an efficient vape so all is good. :)

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
What does an avg. bowl weight for you?
I weigh out 0.2g most of the time. This is the average oven size for my portables with the exceptions of the G-Pen Elite and Ascent which both hold closer to 0.25g+ and the AirVape Xs which is smaller and holds about 0.18g. Not a very big difference but it adds up over time.

Laantje

When I first got my vape I pretty much did like 3 sessions everyday unless I had something special to do. Nowadays I'm too busy with studying and work though. I try to vape whenever I have free time so it depends on how busy my week is, but on average right now its around 2 or 3 days a week, with around 3 or 4 sessions each day.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I wake up to a small bowl. Usually do two these days before I start my day. When I come home from work, I have a few bowls. Like 3 maybe. Usually while watching Netflix.
On the weekend it's another thing. Hitting a log here and there through the while day. Sometimes it's a lot!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Near constantly if I'm not at work/school/etc. I don't know how to define a session, as sometimes I'll sit at my desk and vape 2g thru the day... which I guess is 1 session... but not really?

I'd say 3 minimum, probably up to 10 depending on the day/my mood/activities/etc

Top Bottom