How much have you invested in this 'hobby'?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I still remember when I first got into vaping, people would always talk about 'how you just might find yourself collecting vapes' and I of course figured that wasnt going to be me. I was plenty happy with my Iolite and that was that.

FFWD to today, and I have gifted, traded, sold, and lost a few vapes here and there, as well as garnered a collection of sorts because I just love the art of vaporization. Not to mention, every vape has a different 'purpose' if you will.

So, if you dare to try to figure out - how much have you invested into your vaping hobby? Ill start and try to remember all of what I have spent. (Mind you, prices may have changed since then)

Iolite - $250
MyrtleZap - $150
Vapor Genie x3 - $165
Magic Flight Launch Box - $65
Supreme Vaporizer - $180
SSV (Mind Eraser) - $380 (Just ordered)

Grand Total (So far) - $1190

Crap... I guess when I look at it like that, it looks rather intimidating. But then again its all relative to me, as I thoroughly enjoy every single second with every one of my vapes when I use them. I know the same can be said about my (former) hobby of homebrewing. THAT got 'expensive' but expensive is a relative term.

AGBeer,

johnexp

I think vapes are worth it all the way.

Right now I only own 1 vape, Extreme Vaporizer, but I see myself probbably owning atleast another 2 in a few months time. I am also thinking of buying up a few good ones wholesale and giving it a go at selling / hooking mates up with a nice discounted vape.

I was thinking of investing 2k into this and I think it'd be worth every dollar.

johnexp,

crawdad

floatin
glass vapor genie - $100. thats it, hope i dont need much more than that but i could see maybe adding a glass piece that uses water, bong maybe so i can trap more vapor at once (think thats how it works). to me its like buying a kitchen aid mixer, i'll buy another when it breaks or i cant fix it (ive actually replaced my gears in that once, ha ha...yeah, im cheap).

im curious what people spend monthly to maintain their normal consumption of herb...i barter for my herb, so its not free but no money is involved. is there a thread on here about that? not trying to derail.

and why did you get three VG?

crawdad,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
over the last 10 years, about $3000 -- including tools ... but hey! that's for 4 working Bud Toasters ... that's priceless.

Hippie Dickie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Iolite $250 Cdn
Extreme $299 Cdn
MFLB $100 Cdn
SSV $290 Cdn

Eh, $940 give or take in less than a year.

Tom

And yes, it is a hobby (vaporization I mean, nit the consumption of cannabis).

tdavie,

lwien

Net...........zero, thanks to some luck and some individual kindness.

lwien,

lwien

lol. I never won anything in my life before until FC. Gotta share my bit of mah good luck. Hopefully it'll rub off on a few. ;)

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i've got around 150 in the herbalaire i recently got, and i'm loving it so far. (huge investment for me)

and about 30 so far in the imitation Launch boxes i'm making for me and my poorer friends.

anyone know where i could source a decent amount of screen material for my LBs?
i was quoted 35 online for a square foot, and would like to get some for less than that.

OO,

2clicker

Observer
OO said:
i was quoted 35 online for a square foot, and would like to get some for less than that.

yikes!

i hope 304 SS is ok?

www.mcmastercarr.com

part number 85385T707

$4.81 ea

they have other mesh counts and whatever other spec you can think of as well if for any reason this isnt a fine enough mesh for an LB bowl/trench...

2clicker,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Are you trying to build your own? Or repair what you have? (The LB has a LIFETIME warranty)

And to answer the question about the VGs - I have purchased several of them only because they end up getting gifted to prospective vaporists.

Its only then that I realize how much I truly miss my VG and end up having to purchase another one to fill that vapor hole.

You know, now that I think about it, vaping is much more than just the act of vaping. I get plenty of functionality with my current lineup and chances are I could be happy with just that from here on out.

Its just these damned manufacturers keep introducing new and cool ways to appreciate the tool used to vaporize and then out of nowhere - I gotta have it.
*Sigh*

I certainly hope this limited edition SSV will be the last of my purchases for a while :p

AGBeer,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh good gravy!! I'd be sick if I thought about it too hard. I've spent A LOT lol :)

I've bought 3 PD's and 2 Pandora kits (gave one away as gift tho)
1 MZ
3 Iolites
2 Launch Boxes
1 SSV

Also bought an LB & IO for my sister ;) gotta spread the word of the vape lol.

Oh and in my mind....I've already bought the Cloud too ;)

Damn! Forgot I bought an overpriced Vapir Digital few years back....laughed at it and lit up. Thank goodness I found FC and discovered better vapes ;)

Lo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
lwien said:
Net...........zero, thanks to some luck and some individual kindness.

We hates you.

OB topic: I have spent about $400 Canadian, taxes included. That's for one Extreme and one LB. My other LB was a gift from magicflight and is koa! (I might add the koa hits are much smoother.)

pakalolo,

OO

Technical Skeptical
2clicker said:
OO said:

yikes!

i hope 304 SS is ok?

www.mcmastercarr.com

part number 85385T707

$4.81 ea

they have other mesh counts and whatever other spec you can think of as well if for any reason this isnt a fine enough mesh for an LB bowl/trench...
thank you so much.

OO,

2clicker

Observer
OO said:
2clicker said:
OO said:

yikes!

i hope 304 SS is ok?

www.mcmastercarr.com

part number 85385T707

$4.81 ea

thank you so much.

no sweat ;)

2clicker,

DaProfessor

I've been lucky so far. I've really only bought 1 full featured vape. But I've started collecting glass ever since making my first vape, so I blame vaping for my glass addiction.

Hakko SSV - $110
Herborizer - $150
Ubie - $15

Glass pipes - I try not to keep track :p

DaProfessor,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
In order, the vaporizers I have owned, from first vaporizer until now.

1. Vapor Brothers (non-hands free) 100.00 (started vaping in early 2006) (gave this vap to a friend after I got the Vapor Warez)

2. VooDoo 250.00 (disliked it so much, I ended up giving it away to a friend)

3. 2 Ubie's 20.00 (needed a portable, and thought I would give this a shot. Still have them, but never use them now)

4. Vapor Warez (hands free) 150.00 (been packed away since I got my Magic Flight Launch Box this past February)

5. Magic Flight Launch Box 100.00

I also had to get accessories such as tubing, whips, screens, bags, batteries, etc., over the years. Gotta count my new C9000 charger too, and I should count all the grinders too since I never used a grinder before vaporizing. So......I would estimate I have spent a few hundred, probably over 300.00 easy.

So, over $900.00 over the past 5 years.

Vicki,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Damn... Im still coming up on my 1 year anniversary of vaping (this month no less)

I really hope my trends dont continue like this over the years. Ill be a broke mofo if thats the case! (But happy!)

AGBeer,

SmokingElectricity

about 350 for DBV & all custom glass
69.00 for noble vapor vp600
69.00 for easy vape
200 for phantom
100 for extra whips, tubing, screens, bags

so about 800

SmokingElectricity,

Pappy

shmaporist
Lo said:
Oh good gravy!! I'd be sick if I thought about it too hard. I've spent A LOT lol :)

I've bought 3 PD's and 2 Pandora kits (gave one away as gift tho)
1 MZ
3 Iolites
2 Launch Boxes
1 SSV

Also bought an LB & IO for my sister ;) gotta spread the word of the vape lol.

Oh and in my mind....I've already bought the Cloud too ;)

Damn! Forgot I bought an overpriced Vapir Digital few years back....laughed at it and lit up. Thank goodness I found FC and discovered better vapes ;)
Why can't we be friends? :brow:

Pappy,

slurpeejerky711

mflb $100
1 new PD $180 in the mail
1 used PD $150
1st glass piece $5
first bubbler $25
sharpstone grinder $25
sharpstone grinder free :brow:

good times with your best fucking friends, wells guys, those are priceless :D

slurpeejerky711,