How much do you spend on herb and what you get for your money ?

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I buy small amounts of what I call 'specialty weeds' from dispensaries and large amounts from locals at half the price. I always know what I'm buying before I pay for anything. I think everybody has been shorted on weight at one time or another, though I never complain when it weighs out heavy. ;)

Jeppy,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Great thread guys. We don't have the great circumstance of legalization in our state, but i have to pay out the ass for good herb. I don't mind except that you have to deal with extreme douche bags.

So I buy as much as a can for all my best buds cause they are going to need some too, and we don't all need to suffer.

Ratm22,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Great thread guys. We don't have the great circumstance of legalization in our state, but i have to pay out the ass for good herb. I don't mind except that you have to deal with extreme douche bags.

So I buy as much as a can for all my best buds cause they are going to need some too, and we don't all need to suffer.

You're a solid dude, Ratm. I'm lucky to have easy access to fine herb, so I'm generous with it.

Vapinghole,

audaudre

In NYC, I've paid $50 for 2g baggies of some great quality stuff (delivery services) A bit steep, but there's something priceless about being able to just text a number and have a guy show up at your door 30 mins later. Also, my understanding is the 'higher ups' get $40 of that and the runners get $10.

I also have a guy who slings 1g bags for $20- SUPERB quality. It's a trek to get to him tho, so I guess that's the trade off.

In SC, I pay $60 for an 1/8 for some great stuff. However, right now I'm trying to get a 1/4, but dude wants to charge $120. I know I should get a break on a bigger bag tho, so that blows.

www.priceofweed.com has an index of prices across the country compiled by user-submissions; organized by location (state), price/quanity, and quality.

stonedwarman

I got paid to kill people.
$60 an 1/8th; $100-120 for a 1/4th (3.5 and 7 grams respectively). I think this is pretty standard on the east coast...at my earliest convenience I'm moving to Cali.

stonedwarman,
Reactions: Elluzion

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I buy small amounts of what I call 'specialty weeds' from dispensaries and large amounts from locals at half the price. I always know what I'm buying before I pay for anything. I think everybody has been shorted on weight at one time or another, though I never complain when it weighs out heavy. ;)

Ya i am about the same i hit the dispensaries for a gram or two of "brand name" top shelf thc/cbd tested buds, concentrates or for vacations/ special occasions (to keep tolerance low) edibles. For my every day vape stash i usually get a half for 90-110 full or full zips for 180-210. Which lasts me a ridiculous amount of time compared to when i used to combust but a half lasts me about 3 months although i re up before i ever run out and always keep a gram of this and that kicking around. I only vape after work or weekends, unless i am really hurting.

Feel sorry for u guys paying more for a quarter then i pay for a half. Thats just robbery

Puffers,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am paying $345 with Tax at the local dispensary for 1 and 3/8th ounce or 38-39 grams. The quality is pretty great and consistent. I am in the Pacific North West.

Slightly Medicated,

djonkoman

In NYC, I've paid $50 for 2g baggies of some great quality stuff (delivery services) A bit steep, but there's something priceless about being able to just text a number and have a guy show up at your door 30 mins later. Also, my understanding is the 'higher ups' get $40 of that and the runners get $10.

I also have a guy who slings 1g bags for $20- SUPERB quality. It's a trek to get to him tho, so I guess that's the trade off.

In SC, I pay $60 for an 1/8 for some great stuff. However, right now I'm trying to get a 1/4, but dude wants to charge $120. I know I should get a break on a bigger bag tho, so that blows.

www.priceofweed.com has an index of prices across the country compiled by user-submissions; organized by location (state), price/quanity, and quality.
if I have to believe our newspapers, call+delivery is normal here... don't know if I shuld trust their info tough(they always speak of '06-dealers', wich is about dealers serving to the youth who are not 18 yet and so can't go to the coffeeshops yet, 06 are the first numbers of all cellphonenumbers here)

djonkoman,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
If i did total up my total id prob cry but recently going thru about 5G of flowers a week and about 2.5g a week in assorted concentrates.

Typical prices around my parts are about 8-10 a gram of top shelf. 25-35 a 8th. Ounces go usually between 150-250, but i rarely buy so much.

As for concentrates, i usually pay about 20-40 a gram for the finest they got.

Before the days of medical mj in my state, i too paid about 60 a 8th and sometimes was shorted by dealers. I hated it and rarely got good bud cause of this. Thats when i smoked what we called schwag...with sticks and stems. Mainly cause it was cheaper and i was younger and couldnt afford better except for special occasions. Luckily my state voters got mmj and i legalized myself.

YoGranMazPimp,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
One local dispensary I have been to in the past has a sliding scale from 9$/gram-$11/gram for flowers. Concentrates? Just say the word in there and everyone starts freaking out :suspicious: . . . so flowers only.

Edit: If you have a "grower" or "provider" then your situation will vary depending on what, if anything, they want to charge you for materials . . .

t-dub,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
One local dispensary I have been to in the past has a sliding scale from 9$/gram-$11/gram for flowers. Concentrates? Just say the word in there and everyone starts freaking out :suspicious: . . . so flowers only.

Why do they freak out about concentrates?

Vicki,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
They say anything that is modified from its original form, with chemicals, is against the law? Not sure where they are getting this since I can't verify it anywhere . . . so no BHO or Dry Ice Kief or even bubble, they said water was a chemical??? Anyways I just dropped it since they were getting upset.

Edit: All they will carry is dry sift kief, can't remember the price though . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
They say anything that is modified from its original form, with chemicals, is against the law? Not sure where they are getting this since I can't verify it anywhere . . . so no BHO or Dry Ice Kief or even bubble, they said water was a chemical??? Anyways I just dropped it since they were getting upset.

Edit: All they will carry is dry sift kief, can't remember the price though . . .

That is very weird. Oh well, at least they do have dry sift kief. :)

Vicki,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There are some cities around here (So. Cal.) that ban concentrates. I have asked a budtender about it and he said that it was a local ordinance they had to obey to remain in compliance.

Go figure. :doh:

:peace:

Stu,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

I didn't know Oregon did that, California doesn't allow concentrates with a chemical solvent. Even so I have never heard of water referred to as a chemical solvent lol. I am sure with your knowledge of cannabis alchemy this was a frustrating conversation.

Puffers,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I didn't know Oregon did that, California doesn't allow concentrates with a chemical solvent. Even so I have never heard of water referred to as a chemical solvent lol. I am sure with your knowledge of cannabis alchemy this was a frustrating conversation.

Oh it was . . . I was getting pissed, they were getting uptight, I just dropped it and figured they were going to do what they wanted to anyways so why argue . . . but I still can not find anything in the OMMP laws that say this . . .

Edit: Plus they have lotions and tinctures . . . what about the tinctures? Nvmd, its best not to think about it, I think it was just their way of (not)dealing with the issue . . . :myday:

t-dub,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Oh it was . . . I was getting pissed, they were getting uptight, I just dropped it and figured they were going to do what they wanted to anyways so why argue . . . but I still can not find anything in the OMMP laws that say this . . .

Edit: Plus they have lotions and tinctures . . . what about the tinctures? Nvmd, its best not to think about it, I think it was just their way of (not) dealing with the issue . . . :myday:

Haha I have been there man. I was going back and forth with the owner of a dispensary about consuming hash extractions that weren't extracted with nitrogen (the kind he sold) he basically said any oil not made with nitro was hurting myself. Even after we spoke about extractions from co2, properly purged bho using n-butane, etc Not knocking their nitro extract it was very flavorful and potent albeit expensive. Lol at the tinctures because they are not altered from the natural form.

Puffers,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well, and then there's the edibles . . I mean what the fuck about those?!? They can sell me an "activated" drink that is brewed like beer but not some ice water hash?!? :cuss:

Edit: Sorry I'm getting angry again . . . thankfully I have an excellent provider now and I just go down to the dispensary to "visit" once in a while . . . they really are very cool, I like them, this is the only issue we have not seen eye to eye on.

t-dub,

SD_haze

Hmm, odd :/

This is about california's anti-BHO laws, from the PureGold folks

"The legal details: California code section 11379.6(a) prohibits "chemical extraction" of controlled substances but does not define the term "chemicals." However, the Court ruled in The People v. Bergen that resin can be "physically extracted" (e.g. pressure) or by "leaching the resin from the plant material by dissolving it in a nonchemical…extractor, such as butter." The unfortunate lack of legal precision leaves everyone guessing. However, the Court did bless physical methods such as pressure (and by extension other physical methods such as centrifugation) as well as extraction ("leaching") by butter. By extension, this might also include similar non-chemical, food-grade solvents, such as carbon dioxide, vegetable oil, glycerin and orange oil (d-limonene); however, neither the law or court decision adequately defines this."

SD_haze,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Anywhere from $10-20 a gram, $35-60 for 4 gram eighths, $60-100 8 gram quarters, etc. Depends what dispensary or delivery service I'm going to. And it's all fire.

Green Crack
F5u6f.jpg

I think this was Trainwreck?
g6oRvh.jpg

Chem Dawg
H0mNa.jpg

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
.... 4 gram eighths..... 8 gram quarters..)
Nice buds, but this was one of the things that used to annoy me when I bought small quantities; an eighth is an eighth- very specific- and nothing less, definitely not a 3 gram bag. That's 3 grams, no other name for it (I wouldn't complain about a 4 gram bag for the price of 3.5g, especially if it was delivered to me, but it's still not an eighth). I guess the applied meaning has been watered down as the value's gone up and we've changed from dealing in sensible little bits (eighths and quarters) to tiny expensive grams.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I guess the applied meaning has been watered down as the value's gone up and we've changed from dealing in sensible little bits (eighths and quarters) to tiny expensive grams.

Yeah I get what you're saying. The same spot the first and last pictures are from do $10/15/20 grams, and the same for the eighths. Some deliveries that I have looked into do quarters as low as $55-65. It really depends where I'm going. I've seen some clubs that are 21+ only and pride themselves in their supposed incredibly good medicine at high prices ($25g/$65-75 eighth). Not sure how to feel about that myself...

Quetzalcoatl,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For anyone looking to get a scale, today's 24 hour special looks pretty good, $30+shipping which includes 3 AAA batteries (ac adapter sold separately) Vibra-Kill pad, and protective cover/bowl. This is a precision scale with .1 gram resolution and even has a counting feature.

Do yourself a favor and get one of these 200 gram calibration weights with your order, it is essential, and well worth the $7.90 price:

t-dub,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Nice buds, but this was one of the things that used to annoy me when I bought small quantities; an eighth is an eighth- very specific- and nothing less, definitely not a 3 gram bag. That's 3 grams, no other name for it (I wouldn't complain about a 4 gram bag for the price of 3.5g, especially if it was delivered to me, but it's still not an eighth). I guess the applied meaning has been watered down as the value's gone up and we've changed from dealing in sensible little bits (eighths and quarters) to tiny expensive grams.

Man you called it right on the nose; possibly pig nose. When did you change your avatar? I miss the piggy. Face boobs are cool too.

I don't even call an eight 3.5, cause that's mathematically wrong.

Even google will tell people that they are wrong. (1/8) ounce = 3.54369039 grams

Doesn't ever seem to stick. People just look at me with blank stares, like im the crazy one.

So I throw my cash at them and pay 350 for an "ounce" that weighs 28 grams. A short ounce. It's an assumed cost of dealing with ignorance now.

If you guys go to a dispensary do they follow the same whack math?
Maybe its from back in the day when everyone had non digital scales.

Ratm22,
Reactions: WatTyler

max

Out to lunch
For anyone looking to get a scale, today's 24 hour special looks pretty good, $30+shipping which includes 3 AAA batteries (ac adapter sold separately) Vibra-Kill pad, and protective cover/bowl. This is a precision scale with .1 gram resolution and even has a counting feature.

Do yourself a favor and get one of these 200 gram calibration weights with your order, it is essential, and well worth the $7.90 price:

That's a nice combo scale, that can double as a shipping/kitchen scale, but a better herb scale-same brand, same site, same price (everyday price), is the Jennings/JScale JS-50XV Digital Pocket Scale. What makes it better is the .01g accuracy, vs .1g for the larger scale. Also includes the VibraKill pad.

Top Bottom