How much do you spend on herb and what you get for your money ?

VapeVoice

Ya its ridiculous in Ma. But, I am hoping to make a few friends in R.I. as well :0) Anyone, anyone? lol

VapeVoice,

Nosferatu

Just got an ounce delivered to the door from Medstar Organics. $200 got me a 1/4 of Jack Herrer(S), a 1/4 of Platinum Kush(I), a 1/4 of Blue Dream(S), and a 1/4 of Boost(I). Because I got an ounce they gave me 3 free grams of Hellsfire OG x Something(I/S). I gotta say its all top quality for being greenhouse grown. So its like 7 dollars a gram. I do still think that is too expensive though, weed should hardly cost anything so people can use realistic amounts for real relief. Unless you don't partake to much I don't see how someone could pay 20 a gram, that's straight mutiny.

Nosferatu,
Reactions: turk

turk

turk
....the prices you quote are comparable to what we pay here in s.f...and I agree, it should be even cheaper..

turk,

VapeVoice

Just got an ounce delivered to the door from Medstar Organics. $200 got me a 1/4 of Jack Herrer(S), a 1/4 of Platinum Kush(I), a 1/4 of Blue Dream(S), and a 1/4 of Boost(I). Because I got an ounce they gave me 3 free grams of Hellsfire OG x Something(I/S). I gotta say its all top quality for being greenhouse grown. So its like 7 dollars a gram. I do still think that is too expensive though, weed should hardly cost anything so people can use realistic amounts for real relief. Unless you don't partake to much I don't see how someone could pay 20 a gram, that's straight mutiny.
I envy you. The country needs to wake the F up. What I wouldn't give to be able to order from a dispensary!!

turk

turk
...and have it delivered.....it IS sweet....and the folks who do it are so pleasant....racially/sexually diverse....love it.

turk,

Nosferatu

Yeah man we are lucky we get these prices but it should be even cheaper. If we go in the direction where it's legal and regulated medically the price will go up. If its full out legal(over 21) the prices will go down.

If you could just grow freely in your backyard(which means we would all be growing A WHOLE LOT) and a friend wanted to buy some, imagine handing him 3.5gr for 40 bucks. It would be humiliating. If it were legal it would be dirt cheap, I'd say take a handful. I'm sick of how prohibition is forcing weed to be the center of my concentration constantly because I always have to worry about not having enough and worst of all when I can do it. :shrug:

turk

turk
...and the thing that you can never, EVER forget is....this is ALL man created...we could "End" this tomorrow...but there is absolutely NO political will by the "major"political parties...they could give a fuck less...there is money and power in keeping things the way they are now...(see vicki's thread...and she just scratches the surface...)

jackmormon

This thread made me think about this for the first time. I live in a non med state but prices for top grade have steadily dropped over the last few years. Nowadays it is $200-$250 a zip with multiple flavors available. I vape on average .25 gram per day or less. That is only $15.63 a week! (Now if could only get a handle on purchasing new vapes, glass, and accessories.... Bunch of fucking enablers around here :cuss: )

jackmormon,
Reactions: Vapestein

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Wow I thought I was doing well, I go through about a quarter a week. Not to expensive though, 50/quarter.

Whats the secret to these crazy levels of conservation?

CentiZen,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Wow I thought I was doing well, I go through about a quarter a week. Not to expensive though, 50/quarter.

IMO, it is two things, low tolerance and night vaping.

If you don't have rituals for vaporizing and instead you vape along the day with no particular time, it is easy to indulge more often than not.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex

steady exercising + raw plant based whole holistic nutrition + vape that encourages low levels of usage (aka log vape) + night vaping/not all day/once-twice daily + no edibles or oils, (lower tolerance) + regular T-breaks = good conservation

I smoke like 3.5 grams a week. I get a half e for $20 or an eight for $40 :). My half O's are like $130. But once my underdog vape comes in, I'll probably only use 1/2 e a week : )

Ghosthunter987,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
steady exercising + raw plant based whole holistic nutrition + vape that encourages low levels of usage (aka log vape) + night vaping/not all day/once-twice daily + no edibles or oils, (lower tolerance) + regular T-breaks = good conservation

I think the steady exercising+healthy eating+regular t-breaks are the fundamentals of keeping your organism at a low tolerance, although i think the t-breaks can be irregular.

At least, in my experience, irregular and non-programmed t-breaks are the way to go. And i usually don't extend them for more than a day. But to each his own, some folks might benefit from regular, more extended breaks.

True...........along with using a vape that encourages conservation that helps to keep your tolerance low.

Definitly! My DBV makes me use much more than my mflb or my gn0me. Got a Hi on the way to balance the scale. :)

I find this is especially true if you don't have the habit of weighing each bowl and/or if you are new to vaporizing. In time, you usually learn how to extract more with less.

goody8504

I live in a college town in central IL. I have to pay $60/3.5g every week. it's completely ridiculous. and because i have to deal with the black market and have trouble finding a reliable dealer so i'm consistently being shorted. imagine paying $120 for a quarter and ending up with 6.1 grams. it's literally like being punched in the gut when you rely on the stuff daily. why should it be so hard to buy a bag of week and have it weigh straight?

but i'm moving to a medical state soon so all of that should change. looking forward to being able to get better medicine at a more realistic price, not to mention finally having the option of using concentrates which i hear is an entirely different scene.

goody8504,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I live in a college town in central IL. I have to pay $60/3.5g every week. it's completely ridiculous. and because i have to deal with the black market and have trouble finding a reliable dealer so i'm consistently being shorted. imagine paying $120 for a quarter and ending up with 6.1 grams. it's literally like being punched in the gut when you rely on the stuff daily. why should it be so hard to buy a bag of week and have it weigh straight?

but i'm moving to a medical state soon so all of that should change. looking forward to being able to get better medicine at a more realistic price, not to mention finally having the option of using concentrates which i hear is an entirely different scene.

Two solutions on the mean time, not sure if it will help: buy a scale and weigh it in front of him (i'm sure he counts the money you give him), and second, buy bigger quantities and make sure he says the price he is making before buying. If he is not willing to do either, best find another dealer IMO.

I knew a guy who consistently gave me shit, even after he realised that i only went to him as a last resort. Eventually i stopped resorting to him alltogether.

vorrange,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
have trouble finding a reliable dealer so i'm consistently being shorted. imagine paying $120 for a quarter and ending up with 6.1 grams. it's literally like being punched in the gut when you rely on the stuff daily. why should it be so hard to buy a bag of week and have it weigh straight?

Been there, done that!!! I am fortunate that I now have a compassionate bud tender. Everything always weighs what it should weigh, and I pay a great price too.

Vicki,

turk

turk
...I hope you can move to another state...the dispensary exxperience is really quite remarkeable...

turk,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
buy a scale and weigh it in front of him (i'm sure he counts the money you give him)
Excellent point, this however requires privacy, equipment, and basic knowledge. If you are going to get all fancy with a scale, know how to calibrate and use it. You must have a quality scale on a level surface, preferably with an anti-vibration pad. Then you must calibrate your scale with a proper calibration weight. Then, and only then, do you really know, within a respectable level of certainty/precision, what the weight is.

t-dub,

goody8504

Two solutions on the mean time, not sure if it will help: buy a scale and weigh it in front of him (i'm sure he counts the money you give him), and second, buy bigger quantities and make sure he says the price he is making before buying. If he is not willing to do either, best find another dealer IMO.

I've already got a nice scale and calibration weight. I know it works properly because every time i drop my 50g cal weight it reads 50.00. However, most of the time I'd have a buddy pick it up for me and bring it to my place, then I'd smoke him up for his trouble, eliminating any risk on my part. Unfortunately, I often end getting bud that came from somebody I've never me before. My friend will always tell me 'Dude weighed it out in front of me.' Yet it's consistently short. I'm convinced that those jokers don't even know how to use their damn scales properly.

Also, I was a college student until last Dec and barely had enough money to pay my rent each month, much less buy mass quantities of bud, although i realize it would have been much more economical in the long run. Problem is I didn't have enough to do that at the time. Now I'd rather not do that because I'm planning on moving as soon as I find a place to stay in Colorado (my lease where I'm currently at ends in 2 days)

goody8504,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Excellent point, this however requires privacy, equipment, and basic knowledge. If you are going to get all fancy with a scale, know how to calibrate and use it. You must have a quality scale on a level surface, preferably with an anti-vibration pad. Then you must calibrate your scale with a proper calibration weight. Then, and only then, do you really know, within a respectable level of certainty/precision, what the weight is.
:lol: you really do sound like the salesman t-dub ;) I'll buy the top model. Gotta have accurate weed weights! Nah, my <£10 0.1g electronic scale off ebay seems to work just great- never calibrated it and it still always weighs a 1p coin as 3.5 grams. If you leave the load on there though it will very slowly creep up 0.1 at a time.

I've got to say though that I've never yet seen anyone weight their potential purchase over here. I agree that you should have every right to, but it seems like poor etiquette. Which is stupid- it's only because no one does it that we don't IMO, esp now scales are so cheap.

Top Bottom