How long does a 1oz. of good bud last you in you vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
for me how long an Oz lasts depends on the time of year... at this point is is lasting me just shy of two months.... during the summer it is about 1 Mo. instead of two...

DevoTheStrange,

dkbs

about 3-4 weeks.. i dont know how yall do it.. but i am new to vaping.. and am still using a POS easy vape digital.. i am considering a myrtlezap and a dbv as xmas presents to myself though.. maybe that will help..

dkbs,

VapoFish

MyrtleZAPs rock dkbs. Have had mine for about a month I think. Fantastic. :2c:

:peace:

VapoFish,

King Kong

1 gram a day, only after 9pm and only after everything in my day is done and im relaxing for bed, normally get 4-5 bowls from the iolite from that 1 gram.

so normally a month, stored in glass jars and stored in the dark..

King Kong,

lwien

King Kong said:
1 gram a day, only after 9pm and only after everything in my day is done and im relaxing for bed, normally get 4-5 bowls from the iolite from that 1 gram.

I know I keep asking this, only because I don't understand why I use so little. I've been smoking MJ for almost 35 years, so my tolerance can't be that low.

I only vape after 9:00 pm also after everything is done for the day, just like you KK, but where as you go thru 1 gram a night, I only go thru 0.025g a night. After 1 PD stem (0/025g), I'm about to pass out. I really don't want anymore after that amount. I feel that I'm as high as I am going to get, or want to get, and yet, there are some here, like you, who vape soooooo much more, and in your case, 40 times as much more. :o

I just find this discrepancy really odd. I just can't believe that it's a tolerance issue. I guess it could be a quality of weed issue, but the gap between how much you vape and how much I vape is so huge, I find that that reason doesn't make much sense either.

I know. I guess I should just shut up about it and consider myself fortunate, but I'm just trying to get a handle on the why's as to why your ounce would last you about a month, and an ounce would last me over 3 years and we both only vape once a night, every night, at bedtime.

Just too weird.

lwien,

Beezleb

Iwien, I think it is like more comparing peoples difference in metabolism. I have seen people who are like you and need only a pittance of weed to get where you want to be and in comparison for others that amount would not even be detectable.

I dont find the issue difficult to understand and accept but like I said, I have seen many many pot smokers and some need a very little amount with all variants in between and I have seen weed affect people quite a bit differently too. It can be a subtle to extreme difference. As you noted, be glad you are on the extreme end of the spectrum where you benefit but I also say in confidence that is rather rare that someone has that type of reaction to the weed. Back in my day we called people like that "lightweights" not meaning anything negative but just meaning someone who could not handle a lot of weed or even regular amounts of weed.

I am in a way a bit jealous but I understand that I enjoy the act of vaping, I enjoying vaping a long time while I do things and I enjoy strong power draws that for me gives me a much stronger buzz and I believe that is true for most people but not like those in your type or category so to speak. Like I said, I believe its due to metabolism or similar as the plant truly effects us all different and then at varying degrees.

Happy vaping and a drop or two of acid and a think on it probably would be cool.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
Iwien, I think it is like more comparing peoples difference in metabolism.
Would a slower metabolism cause one to get higher on less weed, or a faster metabolism?

lwien,

Beezleb

Not sure it is attributable to metabolism as it was more of an example of how I see it. More of a difference in body chemistry but not as identifiable to say you could tell by looking at them how much they could or could not use.

I have no idea why people need different amounts than others, other than to say it is just a natural thing.

I do have a similar type of issue but it is not beneficial to me. Pain medication tends to make me very ill, which means I have to weigh the negative effects of the pills I know I am gonna get vs dealing with whatever the issue is that is causing the pain. When I had my wisdom teeth that was pure hell on earth. My wife always needed a large amount of pain meds. It just varies I believe.

Beezleb,

dkbs

pain meds cause more trouble with me then they are worth too.. the dentist gaveme vicodin recently and it made me sick, after the first day, i opted to just deal with the pain..

dkbs,

lwien

Gotta take those pain meds on a full stomach, otherwise, they can make ya feel pretty quezzy.

lwien,

King Kong

lwien said:
King Kong said:

I know I keep asking this, only because I don't understand why I use so little. I've been smoking MJ for almost 35 years, so my tolerance can't be that low.
it all depends on the personal preference of the person, i normally start watching the shows i recorded that day on the dvr when i vape at night, and i might vape a bowl a show.. 1 iolite bowl lasts me 30-45 mins.

i could conserve more, i used to do 2 grams a day(all day, not just at night), but i decided that was to much for my needs and started to conserve.. i know people who dont even limit there stashes and go threw a half in a few days

and remember i cant get high grade medical stuff like you in cali, just good mids and beasters.

King Kong,

lwien

King Kong said:
i normally start watching the shows i recorded that day on the dvr when i vape at night, and i might vape a bowl a show.. 1 iolite bowl lasts me 30-45 mins.
That's exactly what I do. Vape while watching what I recorded on the DVR, but I get 5 pretty solid hits from one PD bowl and that does me fine till my head hits the pillow which is about 3 hours after my first hit.

And yeah, the quality is probably higher out here, but it can't be THAT much higher to warrant the difference between you and I.

Guess Beez is right. My body chemisty just isn't the same as most others I guess. Wonder if it has anything to do with age. Or maybe frying my brain on psychedelics in my younger years. Used to do a lot of that. Hmmmmm...........

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
It's a tolerance issue.

If you vape 1 PD a night and ONLY 1 PD a night, you will get high off 1 PD a night.

In my time owning the PD, I've had equal highs off 1 stem a night vs up to 10 stems a night... in the end the high is always the same (except the first few nights you get extra baked off the bigger sessions).

I said "what the hell" and decided to even out at 3-4 a night... it's not an expensive habit, it gives me a nice 30 minute session and the high/tolerance works out nicely. I could definitely do 1 stem a night and get the same high, but it's just not as a fun.

Chubba,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I'd probably say an ounce would last me like 4-5 months depending on usage. I usually vape like a g a week so usually I'm buying a g a week and I've never really expierienced a whole O so I can't actually say from expierience. I usually vape every night tho from my vb and I'm good with usually a g a week but some weekends can get outta hand. On thanksgiving break which was 5 days where I work I ended up vaping 2 gs because it was all day every day. So usage really varies a lot for me.

wowthisisrandom,

itriplots

damn, an Oz. lasts me about 2 weeks. But I vape all the time and have quite the tolerance built up. I also do it to be productive or to relax depending on what I need to do at the time.

I take little hits and hold them in for about 30 seconds and blow them into a light to see if I need to hold the next hit in longer. This definitely seems to get me more stoned per bowl (great units) than taking big hits and then exhaling most of the vapor. Although, it could easily just be a light headed feeling from holding the hit in one after another.

I found this that has some info about vaporizer studies:
"The Leiden University study found that as much as 30%40% of inhaled THC was not absorbed by the lungs and simply exhaled."
And before that it said:
"Analysis of the vapor from the vaporizer found that using multiple passes it delivered 36%61% of the THC in the sample."

They proposed it depended on:
Proposed factors affecting output include:

* Temperature
* Specimen density
* Weight, content of water and essential oil
Essential oil
* Consistency of material in the filling chamber
* Variety and potency of cannabis used
* Different preparations such as crude flower tops, hashish
Hashish
* Storage time of the vapor
* Proportion of THC exhaled (breathing technique)

Warning: I did not find the actual write ups for the studies, I just found an article with excerpts from it so this may not be representative of the actual conclusions in the study.

Source:
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Vaporizer

itriplots,

jawsh

Oz lasts me about 6-8 months. Freeze it and take out a half quarter every month or so.

jawsh,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Jawsh: regarding freezing herb.

One of my dealers sometimes does this, but i suspect when its handled when frozen there is a strong possibility of lots of thc tricome heads snapping off. Is this an issue?

Happycamper,

niall

Jesus I wish I had the time and home environment to be vaping more, nowhere near you guys lol. Current oz is nearing the end maybe 4-5g left and I picked it up about.. 2.5 years back? Mostly been using the Volcano for the last 2 years, iolite over the last 6 months, and Vriptech HG about 6 months all up now and then. Lasts me fucking ages as I only need a few tokes or a small bowl now and then :D

niall,

SmogTown

niall said:
Current oz is nearing the end maybe 4-5g left and I picked it up about.. 2.5 years back?
Wow :o. I think I might need a thc break or I'm just doing it wrong :lol:. Oh well thc break starting Jan.1.

SmogTown,

aero18

vaporist
niall said:
Jesus I wish I had the time and home environment to be vaping more, nowhere near you guys lol. Current oz is nearing the end maybe 4-5g left and I picked it up about.. 2.5 years back? Mostly been using the Volcano for the last 2 years, iolite over the last 6 months, and Vriptech HG about 6 months all up now and then. Lasts me fucking ages as I only need a few tokes or a small bowl now and then :D
People grow tolerances to specific strains quite quickly. I use very little as well, and so, I only by 1 gram each month.

I know that this isn't very cost effective compared to buying in bulk, but I get my herbs reasonably fresh and can have a different strain each month.

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
People grow tolerances to specific strains quite quickly. I use very little as well, and so, I only by 1 gram each month.

I know that this isn't very cost effective compared to buying in bulk, but I get my herbs reasonably fresh and can have a different strain each month.
Yup. Me too.

lwien,

niall

aero18 said:
Yeah that's a really good idea actually. I was in Nimbin earlier in the year and had the opportunity to try some locally grown outdoor organic and it blew me away - I have never tasted that many aromatics ever in my life! It was so fresh and smelt and tasted amazing, it really opened my eyes to what I have been missing. Fresh, properly grown in the Sun, well flushed and cured - much rather be smoking small batches of that and enjoying variety and fresh buds like you suggest!

niall,

nilo

I gram can last me almost a month as well. I feel lethargic and cloudy when I smoke large amounts and it takes my brain several days to recover.

A few puffs does me just right, can't wait til my PD gets here! Until then my VHW is erving me just right :)

nilo,
Top Bottom