How long does a 1oz. of good bud last you in you vaporizer

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Well over the summer I was buying in quarter ounces every two weeks, so thats a half a gram every day. I was only using the Vaporstar...so thats about...3 smaller bowls? Probably two regular bowls, and the VS has a very similar action and bowl size to the Vaporgenie.
Thing is though, I have my suspicions that the VS has the definite potential to get you absolutely flying on a very conservative bowl, owing to the fact you can get right up to combustion much easier. This sacrifices a bit o health, but o well ;)
Before I whore out my VS too much though, in any case 2 bowls a day was getting me absolutely blitzed for about 6 hours total.

Only have .2 grams a day to joint now though, unitl my VG gets here :(

sneezyjesus,

The Hammer

Beezleb said:
Less than a month.

I used DBV, but useage does not matter so much on the vape itself. It depends on "your" usage.
Hi Beezleb... I just ordered a DBV... One of the reason why I ordered it is a lot of post I read said it is a pretty efficient vaporizer(meaning you dont have to use a lot to get going)

Do you find this the case... Also I wonder how the DBV would compare to the PD or even the LB??? If anyone knows that has used all 3??/

Thanks all..

The Hammer,

Beezleb

The Hammer said:
Beezleb said:
Less than a month.

I used DBV, but useage does not matter so much on the vape itself. It depends on "your" usage.
Hi Beezleb... I just ordered a DBV... One of the reason why I ordered it is a lot of post I read said it is a pretty efficient vaporizer(meaning you dont have to use a lot to get going)

Do you find this the case... Also I wonder how the DBV would compare to the PD or even the LB??? If anyone knows that has used all 3??/

Thanks all..
I have a DBV and a LB. I recently came back from a vacation where I only used the LB and the remains of the LB vape very well. The same is said for the PD and Myrtlezap vaporizers.

How efficient vaporizing is all dependent upon your personal use. I personally use pretty much the same as I did when I smoked but I get higher off of the same amount. I never cared for lessening the amount but rather using the vaporizer to get more out of the plant and using that extra to get even higher.

The figures I am saying is just for example and not meant to be absolutely scientific. Lets say you would normally sit down and smoke a 1/2 gram. You will get many more draws off of the 1/2 gram in a vaporizer than compared to smoking and be able to achieve a different but similarly strength high on 1/4 gram or compared to smoking. The highs are different so its not a true equaling but close enough for me.

I do find I prefer to do a regular to large size wand versus 1/2 to a full wand. In my experience anything other than a regular size wand does not give satisfactory vapor but it will certainly still get you high but I prefer strong good hits/draws and I do tell a difference in taking a large draw versus more small ones but its about personal preference.

To me, I get higher with the vaporizer. With mids I would need to at least smoke two bowls to get where or close to where I need to be. I use half the amount I would smoke in the vaporizer but I will also vape more often than I would have typically smoked. Instead of smoking 2 times a day, I can vape 4 times a day if I had to put a number on it. If I cut down on how many times a day I would save but I see it as how to increase my usage.

I also just started making golden dragon from my abv and love it. 1ml or 1/4 tsp does me very well for a good handful of hours and works great in conjunction with vaping. This makes the efficiency of a vaporizer very high but this is dependent on how well you vape your weed. I vape pretty well done and I was impressed by the strength of the golden dragon. Check out the green dragon video on youtube, it is that recipe I did. Simply soak ABV is 100% everclear or high alcohol, strain and its good for what ales you. Drops under the tongue hit quick, eating/drinking it will take 1-2 hours or so. If you use everclear, it burns under the tongue and not for everyone.

As you can see there is far more to efficiency than how long an ounce will last. Its more of a question on how each person uses and takes advantage of the efficiency.

I recommend experimenting with your vape, from using a little to using a lot, from low temps to high temps and all ways in between. It is what I did and what a learning experience that was.

A good tip for the DBV is when you get it, place a mouse pad in front of the vape so if the wand should come out it will likely land on the mouse pad and not risk breaking/cracking. Initially the tubing can be a bit stiff but it soon becomes more flexible and this becomes a non issue as you become more comfortable using your vape.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
In my experience anything other than a regular size wand does not give satisfactory vapor but it will certainly still get you high but I prefer strong good hits/draws and I do tell a difference in taking a large draw versus more small ones but its about personal preference.
Which brings up a question.

I have heard from many that unlike smoke, exhaled vapor is unprocessed THC. If that is the case, does it make more sense to take smaller hits, thereby allowing your lungs to process everything that is taken in, versus taking bigger hits with resulting of exhaled vapor clouds, thereby wasting that THC that we all covet.

lwien,

dadesign

lwien said:
Beezleb said:
In my experience anything other than a regular size wand does not give satisfactory vapor but it will certainly still get you high but I prefer strong good hits/draws and I do tell a difference in taking a large draw versus more small ones but its about personal preference.

I have heard from many that unlike smoke, exhaled vapor is unprocessed THC. If that is the case, does it make more sense to take smaller hits, thereby allowing your lungs to process everything that is taken in, versus taking bigger hits with resulting of exhaled vapor clouds, thereby wasting that THC that we all covet.
i take long slow hits but given this maybe I will try to use light ones then..that makes sense though...but I also don't see the vapor, just have to have faith I guess

dadesign,

Beezleb

While that may be good for you Iwien, there are many people who feel different. It is a matter of preference.

What you do not know is how much of a little draw versus a bigger draw is in comparison in regards to lung absorption. While on one hand that concept may have value it also is possible that higher concentrations increases higher absorption. What you see as vapor being expelled is not representative of what was absorbed. The percentage absorbed may be smaller, larger or the same with small draws. You do not know the absorbed percentage by simply basing it on an exhale. Certainly a large draw is going to produce more vapor and more visible exhale compared to a lower volume draw.

I know it does something for me and whatever the scientific/medical reason is, it does not matter to me because I like it better that way. Yea, one can high off little draws but its not my style nor do I find it fulfilling and it takes longer.

I am no doc nor have any real idea precisely how the lungs work but I would think a certain volume of air compromised of a lower vapor ratio is simply not going to be absorbed as air much with a higher vapor concentration. In order for your question to be wholly factual one would have to know what exactly the most optimum concentration of vapor to air ratio is for lung absorption.

What I will agree on, both ways will get you to a great place, its all a matter of preference on how you get their.

Beezleb,

rayski

lwien said:
Beezleb said:

If the lungs can readily process a limited amount of THC, then smaller hits would be most efficient. But I think it's more like the lungs process a portion/percentage of what is available and the same remaining percentage of THC is exhaled for small and large hits, making neither much more efficient.

rayski,

SometimesY

First - Beezleb, great post a couple up, you echo my sentiments exactly. It's not just a matter of efficiency, it's about a pleasurable experience, and there's no doubt I get more pleasure from the same amount of herb with a vape than smoking. I could drink cheap Scotch and get drunk, but I choose to drink Lagavulin 16.

I go through a zip in about 5-6 weeks in my Volcano, with an average of two reasonably packed bowls, filling three or four 28" bags a day. It's usually just me partaking.

Also, Beezleb -- you're killing me with the golden dragon. I make brownies (really good brownies) pretty often, and I was going to make some golden dragon to take with me traveling this week, but did not manage to get to it. Your post will spur me on to do it, though. I believe that I'll try 151 initially, or at least use Everclear and dilute it with water by a third or so.

SometimesY,

The Hammer

Beezleb said:
The Hammer said:
Beezleb said:
Less than a month.

Thanks all..
I have a DBV and a LB. I recently came back from a vacation where I only used the LB and the remains of the LB vape very well. The same is said for the PD and Myrtlezap vaporizers.

How efficient vaporizing is all dependent upon your personal use. I personally use pretty much the same as I did when I smoked but I get higher off of the same amount. I never cared for lessening the amount but rather using the vaporizer to get more out of the plant and using that extra to get even higher.

The figures I am saying is just for example and not meant to be absolutely scientific. Lets say you would normally sit down and smoke a 1/2 gram. You will get many more draws off of the 1/2 gram in a vaporizer than compared to smoking and be able to achieve a different but similarly strength high on 1/4 gram or compared to smoking. The highs are different so its not a true equaling but close enough for me.

I do find I prefer to do a regular to large size wand versus 1/2 to a full wand. In my experience anything other than a regular size wand does not give satisfactory vapor but it will certainly still get you high but I prefer strong good hits/draws and I do tell a difference in taking a large draw versus more small ones but its about personal preference.

To me, I get higher with the vaporizer. With mids I would need to at least smoke two bowls to get where or close to where I need to be. I use half the amount I would smoke in the vaporizer but I will also vape more often than I would have typically smoked. Instead of smoking 2 times a day, I can vape 4 times a day if I had to put a number on it. If I cut down on how many times a day I would save but I see it as how to increase my usage.

I also just started making golden dragon from my abv and love it. 1ml or 1/4 tsp does me very well for a good handful of hours and works great in conjunction with vaping. This makes the efficiency of a vaporizer very high but this is dependent on how well you vape your weed. I vape pretty well done and I was impressed by the strength of the golden dragon. Check out the green dragon video on youtube, it is that recipe I did. Simply soak ABV is 100% everclear or high alcohol, strain and its good for what ales you. Drops under the tongue hit quick, eating/drinking it will take 1-2 hours or so. If you use everclear, it burns under the tongue and not for everyone.

As you can see there is far more to efficiency than how long an ounce will last. Its more of a question on how each person uses and takes advantage of the efficiency.

I recommend experimenting with your vape, from using a little to using a lot, from low temps to high temps and all ways in between. It is what I did and what a learning experience that was.

A good tip for the DBV is when you get it, place a mouse pad in front of the vape so if the wand should come out it will likely land on the mouse pad and not risk breaking/cracking. Initially the tubing can be a bit stiff but it soon becomes more flexible and this becomes a non issue as you become more comfortable using your vape.
great Info Beezelb... Thanks for the detailed reply..

The Hammer,

Beezleb

SometimesY said:
First - Beezleb, great post a couple up, you echo my sentiments exactly. It's not just a matter of efficiency, it's about a pleasurable experience, and there's no doubt I get more pleasure from the same amount of herb with a vape than smoking. I could drink cheap Scotch and get drunk, but I choose to drink Lagavulin 16.

I go through a zip in about 5-6 weeks in my Volcano, with an average of two reasonably packed bowls, filling three or four 28" bags a day. It's usually just me partaking.

Also, Beezleb -- you're killing me with the golden dragon. I make brownies (really good brownies) pretty often, and I was going to make some golden dragon to take with me traveling this week, but did not manage to get to it. Your post will spur me on to do it, though. I believe that I'll try 151 initially, or at least use Everclear and dilute it with water by a third or so.
I was debating if I was going to cook with the abv, make an iso oil or try the golden dragon. What I liked about the golden dragon is that you can make just a little instead of dedicating all or a large portion of the ABV compared to making an infused butter or oil and I hate dealing with iso oil. I take a ml in the morning, afternoon and evening. My vaping is pretty much down to twice a day or so. I like it and really want to try it with the some good weed instead of just abv. Vaping while on this really hits the spot for me.

The only thing different I did than what the green dragon youtube vid says I let it sit for about an hour or so as I was busy. My next batch I will also let it evaporate down by about 50 percent to increase potency.

Beezleb,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
lwien said:
A gram will last me over a month and I vape every single night.
a gram lasting a month???? WOW what are you vaping?? just a crumb?? thats freaking amazing!!

mmenzie,

lwien

mmenzie said:
lwien said:
A gram will last me over a month and I vape every single night.
a gram lasting a month???? WOW what are you vaping?? just a crumb?? thats freaking amazing!!
One PD bowl of the best bud I can find. But yeah, it is pretty freaking amazing.

lwien,

xantichristx

Since the vaporizer basically cooks out the THC does it matter how good the bud is. If it does than should it be the amount you vape instead of the quality? I just got a SSV and my midgrade bud is kicking my ass just by finishing the bowl. But with the DBV before i got the SSV the good shit was working but took only a couple of hits. I have not vape good ship from my SSV but have friend who brag about how good there bud is and when we vape I get the same high as if i'd vaped my comercial stuff.

xantichristx,

Beezleb

In my experience, mids are better vaped than top of the line. I am unsure of the reasoning nor would I say its like that across aboard but I prefer to vape the mids over straight top of the line but I find a blend does the body good.

Beezleb,

VapoFish

Thanks Beezeleb ... it's a point I never considered.

I'm always looking for the best bud money can buy, and I'm not afraid to pay the price. This new info could save a considerable amount of $$$.

:)

VapoFish,

SometimesY

Personally, I think that the strain (indica/sativa) is as important as the quality. I like sativa-heavy strains, both smoked and vaped. For me, the flavor plays a good part, too, and the expensive stuff usually tastes better (to me). Mids are no doubt quite effective, too, but the fact that the flavor comes through much more clearly when vaping as opposed to smoking steers me towards the tasty (expensive) stuff.

SometimesY,

VapoFish

SometimesY said:
the flavor comes through much more clearly when vaping as opposed to smoking steers me towards the tasty (expensive) stuff.
I hear that.

VapoFish,

masejl12

I have to agree, if your just after the high, mids will do better for the $; but its hard to pass up the good stuff when you see it and I notice that I'll use my good stuff a lot faster because it tastes a whole lot better.:D

masejl12,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

I've always wondered this myself until I saw someone "vape" BHO. I was told that this is considered vapor and not smoke but after one inhalation (without holding it in) the person inhaling is way more intoxicated than someone who had just vaped herb. Personally, when I hold the vapor in longer, I do feel like it has more of an effect but this whole BHO thing has totall thrown me off. If it is indeed vapor that is produced when you drop the BHO on the TI pad and people can pretty much take one hit and be where they want to be, does that mean our lungs can actually process thc in vapor quicker than we think?

stonemonkey55,

Beezleb

stonemonkey55 said:

I've always wondered this myself until I saw someone "vape" BHO. I was told that this is considered vapor and not smoke but after one inhalation (without holding it in) the person inhaling is way more intoxicated than someone who had just vaped herb. Personally, when I hold the vapor in longer, I do feel like it has more of an effect but this whole BHO thing has totall thrown me off. If it is indeed vapor that is produced when you drop the BHO on the TI pad and people can pretty much take one hit and be where they want to be, does that mean our lungs can actually process thc in vapor quicker than we think?
I have taken equal amounts and vaped it in the same time frame but doing quicker draws and one with regular draws and with large draws.

In my opinion large draws wins absolutely but I also understand weed affects people differently and I believe this may be a factor in different peoples views on it. I am such a believer in it for myself I am all about the regular to large draws. For someone else, I dont know.

As a general rule though I recommend looking at the usage and style of a person who makes claims and see if their usage and style matches yours. If it does than I believe you have a larger degree of success in achieving those results. I have gotten many private pm's/emails from people asking what they are doing wrong as they are not getting the results that some others have stated and this is a common denominator that I typically see though this is typically with overall usage and not so much on drawing technique.

I believe it comes down to ones preferences and unique body chemistry so to speak.

Beezleb,

aero18

vaporist
An ounce? 30-50 months. I usually consume .5-1 gram a month, since I don't vape every day. The Launch Box is pretty efficient too.

aero18,
Top Bottom