1. A not-so-short post addressing what's been going on recently.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

How high you get in relation to usage stats.

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by EverythingsHazy, Oct 31, 2015.

1. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

This is very much what I experience when I dab full melt bubble on my sapphire halo my brother! It is a must try! One of these days you'll get to experience it I hope :D

I definitely experience what Hashtag describes above most days, but only with my night time doses to fight off my insomnia.

I do not vape in the traditional sense with flowers anymore at all unless I'm with friends who do.

I have not turned on my flower vape in months and sold all my flower vapes but my d-nail flower adapter. I don't do edibles (delta 11 THC and the more challenging titration of dosage that comes with oral ingestion frequently causes me bad anxiety/mental discomfort).

I find that concentrates give me a much less sedative/lazy effect than flowers, and get me the dose that I need much more quickly with a much nicer taste (I understand this is not the case for many, but most don't have as much solventless dabs as they need, I know I am fortunate to be in the position to be able to make great medicine for myself).

I only dab. Strictly my own rosin, bubble hash, dry ice sifts, QWISO/QWET and much more. Generally only rosin and full melt bubble hash these days.

Solvents have their place in my regime though, especially for dewaxing and such. Just takes a lot of work and know how to keep the terps while getting rid of the solvent. This may not be practical/achievable in all circumstances for all people.

If I have any respiratory problems, I will only use dewaxed concentrates for night time medicine and avoid other dabbing at all where possible.

I am a medical user, I dab every day almost completely year round for a few years and combusted for many years before that. Increasingly only later in the day but sometimes all day.

I rely on the clarity of dabbing vs flowers in no small part because I work very long hours as a scientist, as well as dealing with multiple chronic conditions.

If I dab during the day, I actually prefer to have a dab of my regular higher THC very high terpene meds only maybe once or twice during daytime. I may have one or two CBD dabs during this period too.

At night it is a different story since my insomnia requires substantial medicating.

I generally hit 1g of rosin and .5g of full melt each week. Some weeks this can vary in either direction. I dab about .05-.15 at a time generally and do not usually do sessions (not a good idea to do that when you're like me always wanting to be dabbing headstash ;) ).

Vapor_Eyes, TboneToker and steama like this.
  2. TboneToker

TboneToker Medical Enthusiast

Hmm, I seem to be a bit different I suppose,

I have never reached passed a 6 as far as I can tell and I will only reach a 6 or possibly higher if I take a tolerance break for a week or more.

I vaporize anywhere from 1.5-2 grams a day of flowers, these are from BC and are high quality, not AAA but I would say they never go lower than B, and I would consider C- mids, and D is something you Don't want to smoke but will.

1.5-2 grams a day, each session can be anywheres from .1 to 1gram or so and I generally have 1 to 4 sessions a day. I would say generally I reach a 3-4.

steama likes this.
  3. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Maybe my experience is different, but I find those numbers to be irrelevant. For me getting medicated is binary: either I'm lifted or I'm not.

4. TboneToker

TboneToker Medical Enthusiast

I feel what you're saying, but I can't agree with it fully simply because I know that a kief bowl will hit me harder than a regular bowl, The first few minutes of my high (say 5-20 minutes) are where the intensity can differ, afterwards yeah it drops down to a "high" or "not high" feeling

archangelz001 likes this.
  5. Chill Dude

Chill Dude Well-Known Member

So you're saying if you dose .2g of flowers your high would be the same as dabbing .2g of prime shatter?

That has not been my experience as my high is definitely dose related. I rarely indulge in the daytime, but when I do I like to get to around 4. At night I like to get to the 8 level for pain relief and quality sleep.

6. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

^^^ completely agree, combustion was a bit binary high, but vaping definitely isn't for me...

Half a load in my flowermate = nicely buzzed

Full basket in my eq = punch in the face

It's a whole different experience for me...

And that's without bringing bho into it.

Or sativa vs indica..

I'm so glad it's not binary, that might get boring..

archangelz001, Hashtag46&2 and grokit like this.
  7. hoptimum

I'm not a medical user, but yeah. Once I'm medicated it doesnt matter how much I consume or what it is, I don't feel any different. Kief, flower, shatter, anything. Aside from my trajectory of being more euphoric in the beginning, hitting a plateau and gradually tapering off it doesnt feel any different to me. I can medicate all day and night and I'm just about at the same place, so those arbitrary numbers are irrelevant to my experience. Its not boring to me at all, I'm quite comfortable with where I'm at. And the vaporizer doesnt matter either: HI, LSV, Lotus, Volcano, Persei, etc.

8. kellya86

@hoptimum , do you vape from morning till night???
    How much do you vape???
    How long have you been vaping/consuming cannabis???

What sort of age bracket are you??? (Wouldn't ask for exact, that's rude)

Sorry for all the questions.
    I'm just intrigued, it sounds like the flower has lost its magic for you, I don't want this to happen to me...

Hashtag46&2 likes this.
  9. hoptimum

Still just as magical as when I started some 43 years ago. In retrospect its always been that way for me, with the exception that low quality herb sometimes just puts me to sleep rather than gets me elevated. I consume daily, though not all day. Usually at night. It might be that my endocannabinoid system is just finely tuned to cannabis. The effects have been remarkably consistent over the years: increased acuity both physically and mentally, improved mindfulness, deeper perception and appreciation for external stimili, like music and art, heavier thoughts though never dark, and greater appreciation of patterns and connections. Same with edibles, though the onset is slightly delayed and the duration is longer. Me and cannabis formed a fond relationship a long time ago and I have never really craved other mind altering substances, even alcohol, though I dabble from time to time. Its like when I medicate, a light comes on immediately with predictable results. Its all perfectly lovely.

10. Tommy10

Tommy10 Well-Known Member

I don't see this chart having relevance to most daily users. I can vape and feel nice for 5-15 minutes then after that it sort of all blends in. I doubt it is the cannabis not having effect, and more that you just grow use to it. Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain, if you could reach a 7 every day after a bit it would just feel like a 3.

tonuzzi, Hashtag46&2 and TboneToker like this.
  11. kellya86

^^^ this is the ongoing tolerance management that we deal with, lower your tolerance to turn the 3 back to 7..

Hashtag46&2 and grokit like this.
  12. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

All I did over the past >week is stop vaping in the morning/day and only vape between mid/late afternoon and early evening. Result has been usage has dropped from 2g/day to .5g/night and tolerance has been eliminated! What's more impressive, is that all my negative side effects have vanished! I feel so much calmer, more motivated, way happier, and enjoy sobriety! I thought I needed to quit cold turkey to get to this stage, but I guess not! Really enjoying the hobby and vaporizers even more by using less.

Less is more!

h3rbalist, kellya86 and Hashtag46&2 like this.
  13. Tommy10

I too have cut down dramatically and have only notice postive effects from using less eg actually getting more high after half of what was once required with vaping (already less than smoking) but couldn't picture ever hitting more than a 5 daily.

kellya86, Hashtag46&2 and biohacker like this.
  14. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

A side effect I have been experiencing from cutting back is feeling medicated even when I don't medicate! Literally even though my last vape was at 9pm last night, and it's 9:30am now, I can feel tingling effects all over my body, and head too! Guess it's the fat burning metabolism burning to get to that THC! lol

I definitely get MORE medicated now when I do medicate on less than 1/3rd of the amount.

Still LOVING my hA Elite Tommy!! :rockon:

15. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

I like that statement, but I do feel like it would fit better if it were refering to getting high vs being sober, rather than a level of highness. I say that, because if you are high all the time, it becomes the norm... However, with this scale, if what used to bring you to a 7 now brings you to a 3, you are now only reaching lv3.. not lv7. If you always feel vibrations and waves of euphoria, you are always at lv 7. Just because you are used to being at lv 7 doesn't mean you don't feel the vibrations and waves. Once you are no longer feeling them, you are no longer on lv7.

How much do you have to use to consider your high, "ON".

16. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Everybody is different psychologically and physically even from hour to hour for the same user so its hard to come up with a comparable consumption figure to cover multiple users. Then there is the hardware and the technique, I used to be totally convinced that the LSV was not good for the .04gto .06g sessions. However I finally got most of the results I wanted with some changes mostly to do with, heat setting and draw rates. So the same amount is much more rewarding and sure feels a bit more stony.

grokit and Hashtag46&2 like this.
  17. Tommy10

Yes good point! I guess more what I was trying to say with daily MJ use if you are reaching a 7 at the start, even increasing use you get a bottle neck of high you can reach, for me and most smokers I know at least. Micro dosing, night time only, switching strains, vapes all these things can help but I don't see many daily users reaching 5+ as the norm.
    I accept this, I would rather reach 2-4 as often as possible as that's just the way I see mj and use, if I wanna reach 7-11 there are other little naturally grown solutions, throw some MJ in with that and you could get to 13/10 ;).

18. hoptimum

There's several variables at play: cannabis strain, vaporizer, water tool or not, etc.
    Today, I used 3 ELBs, about half filled and not tamped, inserted into
    an 18mm M2M adapter, and powered by an LSV through a glass bubbler . The first two bowls of around 3 hits each with the knob set at 12:30 gave me an initial rocket blast, and the third bowl kicked it into a nice head space. I could vape more, but it won't add much if anything at this point. Maybe later. In weight, perhaps 0.3 grams.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Hashtag46&2 likes this.
  19. throwawaytre3s

throwawaytre3s Well-Known Member

I would say I vape about .5g to 1g a day on average, but that's also with my girlfriend, since she can't pick up right now. I get to a decent 6 from a bowlpack from my EQ, and a small one at that. That's about two bags. I go through about a quarter a week, I guess.

20. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

Tough for me to say, I'll say on that chart I am usually between a 3-7 throughout the day. Probably a steady 5 with some peaks after consumption and some valleys when it wheres off.

In terms of consumption though, I literally have no idea? 1/21/16 I started documenting my weed intake, I will be doing it monthly so I want to see if I can find some trends. I already knew, but my data confirms, I use more Friday-Sunday.

Like, today, I woke up and had ROSIN on the mind. I have a lot of really nice flowers and wax, but I am using .6 of a nug right now to make some rosin when I'm done posting this. Not really an efficient use for medicine, as I could take that .6 and load up 5-6 underdog 1 hitter snaps and be high most of the day from it. So my usage is highly variable.

I also dab BHO but I try not to do it as much. I still find though that on most days, I am taking 2 dabs (1 after work, 1 before bed)

h3rbalist, Stevenski and Hashtag46&2 like this.
  21. BeardedCrow

BeardedCrow Well-Known Member

Desktop/portable vape, 2 or 4.

Box mod with dripper, at least 6.

Only with a piper dabber can I go higher.

22. h3rbalist

h3rbalist I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too

2g a day of flowers and .3 of BHO

(2oz a month and 2g of oil)

I rarely vape before the kids are in bed so manage to rip through my daily stash in just a few short hours. My level of high ranges from 4 to 6.

I also lean towards sativa strains.

I'm on a forced t-break at the moment due to illness so really hope I can bring my usage and tolerance down.

The only time I can really say I got higher then a 6 was with edibles.

(I make a mean avb butter)

Hashtag46&2 and grokit like this.
  23. Slow Draw McGraw

Slow Draw McGraw Sticky Brick Labs Company Rep

:o

h3rbalist likes this.
  24. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

With edibles I'll get to an 11 but It's been a long time since I was that high.

Right now as I type this I'm hovering around a 7.5, which is where I usually am on most days. I go through a half oz a month if I don't share too much of it. I'm using a Herbalizer with a water/ice chamber that I put together.

Sometimes I'll chase the 9-10 levels but it doesn't happen much.

Hashtag46&2 likes this.
  25. Estimated Brahphet

Estimated Brahphet Member

about a 4. thats all I need.
    and yeah edibles can really put me in orbit. I am lit up at about 50mg but it can quickly get dicey when I go much higher

WeedyGirl1979 and Hashtag46&2 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors