How do you vape in public?

InspireAndAdmire

I honestly try not to vape in public. If it's in public, I'm at a remote designated location, away from civilians. I try to be where there's less people, not just because I'm in a non-legal state (New York) but because being medicated in public is something I dislike doing. I don't like being high where other people know you are, it's very judgmental. Also, the courtesy of others is something I respect.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I live in a" legal"(sort of) state, but practically if used anywhere outside one's home a fine still applies. I have a Solo, which doesn't really look like an e-cig.
So I use the old vaporizer in the cup trick:

solocupatbeach.jpg

Works great. Just be careful on the exhale. Grandpa loves his lemonade!!:tup:

InspireAndAdmire

I live in a" legal"(sort of) state, but practically if used anywhere outside one's home a fine still applies. I have a Solo, which doesn't really look like an e-cig.
So I use the old vaporizer in the cup trick:

Works great. Just be careful on the exhale. Grandpa loves his lemonade!!:tup:

Noticed people have been doing this with their stems. Curious, don't you get a little agitated when the cutoff time is reached (10 or so minutes)? I mean if you're doing it constantly I'm sure it'll bug you a little lol.

InspireAndAdmire,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Noticed people have been doing this with their stems. Curious, don't you get a little agitated when the cutoff time is reached (10 or so minutes)? I mean if you're doing it constantly I'm sure it'll bug you a little lol.
One 12 minute session is usually enough, but if an extra stem is preloaded the top can be opened and the Solo easily started without causing too much attention. I usually use this method outside.
An alternative method (usable with this and similar vapes) would be to have the Vape in a backpack or pocket with a whip hidden in your sleeve. One member even suggested a system to switch the whip to also enable access a "smoke buddy" device on the exhale.

Last edited:

Earthtuner

I reside in an area of Canada[Vancouver Island] where, no one really cares what you do, as long as it isn't,something nasty, directed at them.Young or old, most folks around here smoke the stuff, or know someone that does, and as a result don't care, if you are vaping, or smoking joints.It's been a very minor crime, here for decades.It is soon to become legal ,here in Canada, so there is even less for the public or police to care about .The main reason why, I don't vape in public, is simply that I don't want to be ingesting weed constantly, and developing an expensive level of tolerance,even though the good stuff around here is reasonably priced.
I wish to get wasted when I vape.If Ingest cannabis, every time I go out, it kind of defeats the purpose of the stuff, and being high becomes your normal waking state.It begin to lose the fun factor after a while.I completely understand folks that need it for, pain management,and medicinal reasons. I'm lucky I'm not in that category yet.

I'm glad to live in Canada, as a weed connoisseur, after reading about, all the horror stories, on this site of Nazi style frisking,and booting down doors, by the police, and metal detectors at the zoo.Our police are nice and polite, by comparison. Canadians are mostly, nice and polite, and I find that the strong weed, grown up here, helps us mellow ourselves enough, to achieve that laid back, congenial, state of politeness, us Canucks are famous for.

Justpassedu

Like many of you I’ve been following the Ascent thread, and I’m ready to cut the cord & get my first portable vape. But having no experience with a portable in a city where there were 39,218 arrests for MJ possession in 2012 (down from 50,000 in 2011!) I don’t want to be foolish & add myself to those statistics. So before I hit the street I’d like to get some advise.

How discreet are you be while vaping in public? Obviously the setting makes a difference. At a crowded concert or in a park? Probably not a problem. How about at an MLB-baseball or NFL-football game? Would you take it to a bathroom stall or just vape in your seat? In a car should be ok, but here in NYC we tend to walk or bike, so we’re out in the open. I don’t want to be stupid or unrealistic, thinking that because I’m not smoking I won’t be noticed.

So, do you have any tips for vaping in public places?

Can you share some of your experiences, either successful or not. Any rules of thumb, cautions, do’s or don’ts?

I am a New Yorker myself and do vape in public when i am in the city. I actually just saw a show a few weeks ago and brought my pax 2 , i do sometimes get nervous about it so i try and bring my smallest portable with me. I am sure the grasshopper will help if it ever arrives. I usually bring my pax 2 and sometimes i'll put a small drop of 100% fruit flavored vg eliquid in the middle of my herb which def cuts back allot on smell when i am just walking around the city. I never get any looks and have walked past police while not puffing on it , most people just think its another electronic cigarette. I will also sometimes light up a cigar or cigarette to mask smell and keep it under the radar a bit.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I Vaped in the Theater for the first time during Deadpool's opening weekend.

First and foremost, I carry a cane... And I lean hard on her, so people actually try to avoid staring... Especially if I'm wincing in pain.

I didn't have my FW3 yet, So I loaded the Solo.

Wore a hoodie with pouch,Solo placed in pouch.. Slipped my DBV whip over the Straight stem... Whip went under my shirt, fed through my sleeve.

We arrived very early as I knew the show was going to sell out...
Took the back left corner section.

I waited, and felt out the people surrounding me.
All the Cannabis Gods gave me the green light to power on .

No issues whatsoever, do NOT recommend in non legal states... Do not recommend at all really, you must be aware of what type of people are around you.

Also, best stay at lower temperatures (level 3with solo..got at least 2 foggers, that I blew down my collar...)
Ideally a second whip connected to Smoke Buddy for exhaust.

Thumb over your whip while you're not drawing.

I imagine this being perfect for trailblazers, and city folks alike.

Earthtuner

I Vaped in the Theater for the first time during Deadpool's opening weekend.

First and foremost, I carry a cane... And I lean hard on her, so people actually try to avoid staring... Especially if I'm wincing in pain.

I didn't have my FW3 yet, So I loaded the Solo.

Wore a hoodie with pouch,Solo placed in pouch.. Slipped my DBV whip over the Straight stem... Whip went under my shirt, fed through my sleeve.

We arrived very early as I knew the show was going to sell out...
Took the back left corner section.

I waited, and felt out the people surrounding me.
All the Cannabis Gods gave me the green light to power on .

No issues whatsoever, do NOT recommend in non legal states... Do not recommend at all really, you must be aware of what type of people are around you.

Also, best stay at lower temperatures (level 3with solo..got at least 2 foggers, that I blew down my collar...)
Ideally a second whip connected to Smoke Buddy for exhaust.

Thumb over your whip while you're not drawing.

I imagine this being perfect for trailblazers, and city folks alike.
My daughter asked me to take her to see" Deadpool," and I protested that the only theater in town is old and grimy, and smells of stale popcorn farts and urine.She said it is a "perfect environment" to see such a movie as "Deadpool."After arriving in the theatre,it was almost empty, and the smells and rock hard seats were wearing on me.I would have rejoiced at the thought of a stealthy person blowing some sweet smelling vapor, to mask the uglier smells.Deadpool himself would have approved.I live in a part of Canada that, almost everyone smokes the stuff, so the few people in the theater would be ,sitting around you, hoping for a puff.

grokit

well-worn member
My daughter asked me to take her to see" Deadpool," and I protested that the only theater in town is old and grimy, and smells of stale popcorn farts and urine.She said it is a "perfect environment" to see such a movie as "Deadpool."After arriving in the theatre,it was almost empty, and the smells and rock hard seats were wearing on me.I would have rejoiced at the thought of a stealthy person blowing some sweet smelling vapor, to mask the uglier smells.Deadpool himself would have approved.I live in a part of Canada that, almost everyone smokes the stuff, so the few people in the theater would be ,sitting around you, hoping for a puff.
How did you like the movie:popcorn:?

Thats the great part about the pax, firefly or any of those quality compact vapes. There have been numerous times I could be at games, the beach or parties and take a hit without bringing attention to myself.

The only crappy part is the $300 price tag. I know its less than a volcano but not by much.

BeardedCrow

I vape/dab in public without a care in the world.
I know people who look very suspect when they dab in public, it causes attention.
Though I'm in southern california, no one really cares as long as I'm not dabbing in front of their kid (I'm respective of people).

I use a RDA on a box mod and load wax directly on the coils. Fat hits!

TokesandJokes

I have used the Summit (Budget Pax) in public (Sporting Events, a parade, concert) , but it was always something I had to keep hidden as I'm in a non-legal state. I feel like the Grasshopper is the answer to this threads dreams. Problem with the Summit and most portable vapes for that matter are size, heat time, and stealth. Grasshopper excels in all three. Just when will it be available is the issue.

I think there needs to be a distinction between "portable vapes" and "ultra-portable vapes" which is where we are heading in 2016 an beyond. The best way I can describe the difference between portable and ultra portable would the ability to use it in a movie theater and then put it away in 5 seconds. Ultra portable means being able to get medicated without making it seeming like you went for a cigarette break or something. 10 seconds top, hit it and move on.

BeardedCrow

So grasshopper make no smell?

In ca, we're not allowed to vape anything in a theater, so I usually head to the restroom, dab a few massive hits and return.

BeardedCrow,

The Stranger

Account Closed
I've been reading all these replies of you guys vaping in public and it seems like not only a hassle but I would be freaking out trying to seem inconspicuous doing it. (Hiding it in cups, whips through your sleeves, etc.) I guess this is where the mflb really shines because as @TokesandJokes says, I'd consider it an ultra portable vape. Being able to hide it in the palm of my hand, push the battery in, bring it to my mouth - draw, let go of the battery and put it back in my pocket, all within 30 seconds or so is super nice and efficient.

TokesandJokes

Based on reviews, as I have not had the pleasure of using it yet, the Grasshopper does in fact smell during use, but at 2.5 setting it produces small or no visible vapor which is great for relatively empty movie theaters or more often as you suggested in the restroom. Now having said that most reports coming out indicate that the grasshopper doesn't give off a noticeable smell AFTER use while in the pocket so that shouldn't be an issue (a very important feature to me).

Just being able to pop around a corner where no one is hit it, pocket it and boom your back in the theater, party, group.......

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I haven't been big on my Firefly lately, but I do think it works well in this setting. I have big hands so I can palm it easily when taking a hit. It's great outside on the deck or porch too.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Dr. Soxhlet

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
It seems to me most folks are not paying much specific attention to you, as long as your actions are not guilty looking. Guilty looking like constantly surveying the crowd, ducking your head down in furtive movements, and expelling clouds of vapor in coughing fits. The Arizer Air is small enough to palm and take hits, but try to do it in smooth movements. Hold it in your hand by your side. It won't look like much of anything walking about. You could be eating a Slim Jim, for all people perceive.

As for theaters, I generally go to matinees, and at times I'm the only one in the theater. I've used a KISS cart and concentrate, but my preference is an oil solution in an ecig-like device. My advise is never sit under the projector, but somewhat on the sides: visible vapor might be a give-away, and it can be very visible right out of your mouth.

Concerts are close. My favorite concert/play device is a MFLB, although I've taken hits off of a cartomizer setup, usually during ovations when people are focused intently on stage but not on hands clapping and hand movement. I try to exhale maybe a quarter hit in one direction, take a breath, and exhale in another direction. repeat.

Last edited:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Using my hands and mouth. At home it is mostly using my feet so i can type furiosly in FC. :D

When i'm in a club scene or a concert, outside, i just vape away in my Lotus. There are some curious eyes but nothing much, most people are distracted partying.

In coffees, where you're allowed to smoke, i use my Vaponic and heat it under the table and cover the vape with my hand while hitting, the same thing you do with a joint.

And i always try to rebreathe without puffing my chest so there is almost no vapor or smell.

Last edited:

WeedyGirl1979

Gotta give to the Air for being sleek enough where it basically looks like I'm using an e-cig. The people that know me know I'm nerdy enough to have a 'high-tech' model and it doesn't get noticed as being different. I wouldn't use it in a building, but outside, no worries. I can't wait for summer to be able to go to the drive in and really enjoy some movies.

BeardedCrow

Gotta give to the Air for being sleek enough where it basically looks like I'm using an e-cig. The people that know me know I'm nerdy enough to have a 'high-tech' model and it doesn't get noticed as being different. I wouldn't use it in a building, but outside, no worries. I can't wait for summer to be able to go to the drive in and really enjoy some movies.
Haha, at the drive in, I'd bring my vapor rig!

BuzzDanklin

The Grasshopper and the V2 Pro Series 3 (or quickdraw 300) are the easiest public use dry herb units in my opinion. While I definitely don't recommend it, I have vaped with both units in places I probably should not have, and I have always got away with it.

Top Bottom