How common do you think us vapeheads are?

Sup guys i've been a lurker here for a while now but finally decided to register.
Anyways how common do you think us vapeheads are anyway? As in how many cannabis vaporists do you think there are per 100 cannabis smokers? I know this is a statistic that is impossible to gauge but i'm just wondering. I think we are pretty rare to be honest. I am the only person to exclusivley vape (unless it's someone elses) that I know of, and I know shitloads of stoners. Not sure why it hasn't caught on more where i'm from.
People like smoke I guess... :/

Synesthetes,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
For most people, smoking is all that they know.

Smoking is simple, mindless, and readily available. To become a vaporist, you have to have a desire to learn more about it for starters. (Usually someone has to be formally introduced to it) and even then my conversion rate is really really low.

AGBeer,

stroh

errl enthusiast
most people don't want to take the time to learn how to use/invest the money in a decent vape.

they just wanna get high :/

stroh,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
That is the truth! ^

I love vaporizers and everything about them. I have friends that I've introduced but they just don't have the passion, although they still vape.

MM..Food,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That's kinda cool, I always get the 'nah, I rather just smoke a joint'.

But I think one on every 100 smokers would be a lot already, more something like 0.1 perhaps, or 0,01 even.

edit: oh, and welcome btw. What vapes do you use?

OhTheAgony,

Nosferatu

I think vaporists and pot users in general are more common than we think, just hard to identify. For instance I met a few guys that vape and even use FC at some club in town, I never would of knew unless I brought it up. No one at work or that I just met would have any Idea I use weed or let alone vape, so I'm sure there are many others we just don't know well enough to get to that subject. I also think alot more people use weed than statistics estimate. Myself and everyone I know lied on those drug surveys they have in high school or wherever, and there are so many people like me that use pot on the down low that arent accounted for, must be at least 30% higher amount than statistics show.

Nosferatu,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i agree with the pot users, but i still think vaporists are few and far between. i have met many, many stoners since i started up, and only a handful of them owned any vaporizer at all (usually a china box/whip vape) and out of those few, none of them vaped more consistently than they combusted. so far only one of my friends has showed any type of interest in vaporizing, but perhaps its because most of my other toking friends are also heavy cig smokers.

i do believe vaporizing will become more popular in the near future, i can't see why it wouldn't as it truly is much more efficient at extracting the actives from the plant.

stroh,

SD_haze

for every 100 people even familiar with vaporizers, the # that exclusively vaporize has to be fairly low

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

When you all put it like that, its kind of sad.... but for now- hey more vapor for us! :)

I do think the number of true vaporists who own and religiously use vaporizers is pretty low. But i also like to think that vaporists are more discreet just because smoke is loud!. I feel like smokers draw more attention that way... im not sure why and i definitely dont have prejudice towards smokers, but we ARE few and far between, we are a fairly hidden counter culture because we dont have the numbers that smokers do!

:ko:

Nycdeisel,

Gunky

In California when you go to a doctor for the recommendation letter, the docs usually recommend vaporizing. The first time I got a recommendation and vaping was suggested I had heard of vaporizing but never actually done it. The doctor's suggestion to vape set me off on the journey and I quickly gravitated to FC (and while I have spent a good chunk of dough on vaporizers, the health benefits make the expense seem trivial - I had chronic bronchitis and a shitty cough all the time when I combusted). There has been for some time a community of vaporists who got here for health reasons like me. I am mystified as to why someone who has gotten a few decent hits of vapor would want to smoke any more. Vapor tastes so much better!

Gunky,

djonkoman

around here not common I think, some like it if they use mine but still wouldn't get one themselves
but some of my friends who smoke about once or a few times a week and don't smoke tobacco gave another friend a vaporgenie for his birthday a few weeks ago(they asked me for advice on if it was a good vape etc)
and another friend often hangs out at a coffeeshop where they have a vulcano, a while I ago I talked to him about vaporizers and he was very against it(posted his reaction somewhere in a thread on FC)
but he never even tried it once so I said to him how he cpuld be that against it while not even having tried it, few days later I got a text saying (translated)'vape cool joint too'
and now he wants to save up for a volcano(but now he is overly stating that bags is the only good way to vaporize, while he again hasn't tried any other method of vapordelivery)

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't like bags myself, but perhaps a Herbalaire would be one to look at for your friend?

Just send me a message if he gets one please, I'm kinda curious to try one :lol:

Which coffeeshop around here has a Cano btw?

OhTheAgony,

Qbit

cannabanana
Shouldn't thins thread belong in the General Vaporization Discussion forum? It's very much on-topic.

Qbit,

rotax

Zaporist
i was out mt biking in auburn and saw a sticker on a trail sign for vaporizers. :p
thought that was pretty awesome. haha

may be way off subject here, didn't read anything other than 'topic title'..

rotax,

Nycdeisel

damn, some sort of universal message of vapor would be sweet, on a sticker, theres plenty of silly stickers that are to refer to smoke. how about some for vapor? i would totally put them up in the subway station haha

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
While our numbers are small, we have the technology behind us and it is only a matter of time before rational people stop setting their precious herb on fire.

In the meantime I'm proud to be part of the revolution. :cool:

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
Welcome to FC dude!

When i go to headshops to checkout whatever they are selling (I pretty much buy all my vape stuff online) I try to tell them about FC and how awesome it is and how they could use it for info and blah blah... a lot of the workers i talk to are all like, "i don't really use the internet much man..." ! :( ! these are dudes who work in head shops and i am talking to about vapes and oil rigs... :( they are chill and usually give me free shit too but, if you can't get these people on board! :D

i give my friends vapes as gifts for b days etc and for my best friend it has worked he still smokes sometimes. but he also smokes cigs too... :(

sorry for the mini rant! haha :ko:

i think i agree with most of the comments posted earlier so no need for me to go there. but another point:

as we are still a rare breed we have the added chance of not getting caught because the vapor clouds don't really linger, and it's not obvious like smoking. what i'm trying to say is better chances of avoiding the fuzz! :D oh how i wish i was medicinal!

vapor is the future and is just taking time to catch on. it got a really bum start imo by consumers not getting access to decent vapes in the beginning. back then the only good one was the volcano but who has an extra 6-700 bucks to drop like that? that's a lot of weed right??!! lol, so we all bought the dumbass goldfish bowl bubble gum machine looking ones. were pissed we wasted 100 bucks on it and said vapor was stupid!

it took me 4 years after that to try vapor again and see the light! vapor bros whip. (I got the guy to sell it to me, as he was moving to australia)

weedemon,

Qbit

cannabanana
weedemon said:
Wa lot of the workers i talk to are all like, "i don't really use the internet much man..." ! :(

Beggars belief, doesn't it? How the hell they expect to stay in business when they don't know what the hell is going on in such a rapidly developing market, I'll never know.

Qbit,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Yeah, here in southEU vaporists are very rare too, last time I went to an headshop though, I asked if they were selling many "Herborizer"s since it was an authorized seller, and the guy told me the vape business was takin off in the last months and sold a bunch of them. So I too am convinced that this will be an expanding business over time, yesterday night for example, I brought my Herbo with the whip to a friend's house, and all the 4-5 people there agreed that vapor is great! That was a great method to convert people :D there was also an hard smoker and he was enthusiast. I guess, everyone who has the knowledge and is willing to invest some money into this "hobby" and his health, is way more inclined to head towards vaporland.

Smokey,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nycdeisel said:
damn, some sort of universal message of vapor would be sweet, on a sticker, theres plenty of silly stickers that are to refer to smoke. how about some for vapor? i would totally put them up in the subway station haha

In Holland we have a fairly popular motorcycle forum for all sorts of riders. A lot of members have a special forum sticker on the license plate of their bike so they can be recognized by other members on the road.

Now I don't want to walk around with a sticker on my forehead, but it would be pretty cool if there was such a way to recognize other FC members/vaporists.

OhTheAgony,

caseball2051

even when i started smoking in high school there were always the mystical vaporizer that everyone said was so awesome.

it took me 4 years but i finally went with it. i think its an availability, lack of knowledge thing.

Ive only met one stranger who was a vaporist. Was driving down the highway natively hitting my MFLB and a guy next to me beeped and flashed his, gave a thumbs up, and sped away into the night.

caseball2051,
Top Bottom