Honeycomb ash catcher

the seller originally said he was sending me a mix of 14mm and 18mm but now it seems like he's saying he only has 14mm... or at least that's the story i'm getting from "Kent"

Interesting. Sometimes it's better to have a 14mm piece, particularly if you have anything else thats 14. 14mm can work easily on an 18 with a reducer, but an 18 on a 14 pipe looks silly with an expander.

kingofnull,
Reactions: bagface

bagface

imgodson
Interesting. Sometimes it's better to have a 14mm piece, particularly if you have anything else thats 14. 14mm can work easily on an 18 with a reducer, but an 18 on a 14 pipe looks silly with an expander.
true that but i'm finding reducers are nearly the same price as the whole A/C
finding some j hooks would be nice too as suggested earlier

bagface,

bagface

imgodson
perc%2520ac.jpg

disc%2520close.jpg

with%2520hook.jpg

Here are a few quick pics, haven't put on my 50mm lens to take some closeups yet. And the last one is my bubbler conversion with a simple j hook

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
^^^ Holy Shit that thing looks like a beast of an ash catcher! Looks almost like the size of most bubblers/cans. I can't wait to see vids, i may have to pick one up.

JSteez4205,
Reactions: treeman

SD_haze

Wonder how high the water level can get before it starts splashing back into the j-hook.

SD_haze,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
I get a little splash back in my j-hook a/c set-up, but never where it will hit my lips, just enough though that it will add a natural perc to my set-up. It's kind of neat sometimes :)

JSteez4205,
Reactions: bagface

bagface

imgodson
Bagface, how tall is that thing?
the one i measured was about 5.5 inches tall

Wonder how high the water level can get before it starts splashing back into the j-hook.
JSteez is on the money as this has been my experience as well so far... but still mastering levels
I get a little splash back in my j-hook a/c set-up, but never where it will hit my lips, just enough though that it will add a natural perc to my set-up. It's kind of neat sometimes :)

bagface,

thesoloman

That is a ridiculous amount of holes! in a good way though, i think im going to order one but i dont want to pay 20 bucks shipping for a 10 dollar item haha

thesoloman,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Don't look at is as $20 shipping. Think of it as $30 for a badass AC/perc. Even judging by the so-called "China standards", that thing is a @$&#ing steal.

Only thing I don't like, is I wish they would have dropped that perc down, closer to the level of the stemless. Will cause unnecessary turbulence, on the draw, IMO.

Don't look at is as $20 shipping. Think of it as $30 for a badass AC/perc. Even judging by the so-called "China standards", that thing is a @$&#ing steal.

Only thing I don't like, is I wish they would have dropped that perc down, closer to the level of the stemless. Will cause unnecessary turbulence, on the draw, IMO.
you took the words right out of my mind :tup:

Yeah it's way to high in the can.

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
BDV has a point for 30 bucks that thing is pretty bitching. I just don't get how they can sell it for so cheap. Awesome piece tho.

Takavor23,

bagface

imgodson
BDV has a point for 30 bucks that thing is pretty bitching. I just don't get how they can sell it for so cheap. Awesome piece tho.

Lev, meeting up with you later hopefully to grab a bubbler. I'll let you get one if you are so inclined...

bagface,

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
No problem and I am good on the AC but it is very nice for the price.

Takavor23,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower

$10 usd is about $68 Chinese Yuan most chinese blowers make about 10-15 yuan an hour
so its almost comparable to US prices if you look at it this way.

the only thing i notice w/ chinese/indian imports is that they neglect the design aspect of the product as they aren't too sure of the intended use.

thats most likely why the disc is so high because to them it doesn't make a difference if its 1" or 3" of clearance.

Top Bottom