Tek Home Rosin Presses under $750 - School Me

lazylathe

Almost there...
@CannaPlates

I was just browsing your website and it is FULL of good info!!
Going to post a few links here to interesting articles:

Manuals and guides:
https://www.cannaplates.ca/pages/cannaplates-pdf-manuals

A blog that seems to updated quite regularly:
https://www.cannaplates.ca/blogs/cannablog

And a good FAQ: (secure server ordering!)
https://www.cannaplates.ca/pages/faq

Here is a link to one of the guides on how to setup a press with plates!
Nice pictures and explanations!
https://imgur.com/a/aeuPn

Something great for us Canadians!!

CannaPlates

Owner
Manufacturer
@lazylathe if you have any questions or concerns I am here to help. You do not have to get my setup to get my help. Any knowledge I have about rosin and how to press rosin, is yours (or anyone who needs help) for the asking. I am not one of those plate makers thats hides the tech. I believe we can all be stronger for the sharing of information. I'm not saying I have all the answers as I do not, but yes I am Canadian. The plates are made here in Canada, the electronics are assembled here by myself and the orignal control box was put together by a Red Seal electrician that has over 30 years exp in Canada and I only sell to Canadians at this time.

No offence meant to our USA friends, but the taxes and the laws are so scrambled down south right now, it is hard to know who to sell to down south.

For you USA based people who may want to explore my options..find a Canadian friend and have it mailed to them..they can then mail to you as a gift parcel. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be for now.

I do believe it is dab time. :science:

MegaMan2k

hey cannaplates thats pretty cool ur putting in some good works for the rosin people thumbs up :)

im located in europe so i dont think these are options for me at this time.

I looked at the kit on lowtemp-plates.com
Would that be considered higher quality than dhGate plates aswell?

MegaMan2k,

CannaPlates

Owner
Manufacturer
hey cannaplates thats pretty cool ur putting in some good works for the rosin people thumbs up :)

im located in europe so i dont think these are options for me at this time.

I looked at the kit on lowtemp-plates.com
Would that be considered higher quality than dhGate plates aswell?

Yes they are, but they do use the cheaper controllers. (berme). I have heard no bad things about Low-temp besides maybe promoting the use of bottle jacks. (these can be dangerous as no pressure gauge is used and they can bend the tops of the press frames) See pics. These are NOT from low temp setups, but can give you an idea of how unsafe they can be to use.
SciRUrX.jpg

xzeuCqw.jpg

These guys are both one press away from really hurting themselves. Get a press with a pressure gauge! The metal rod that is under the bottlejack type press is also too thin (the part that hooks up to the top plate) It WILL bend.

Guess what? Its dab time again :D Are we allowed to show our current dab in this thread or is that considered a no no?

Last edited:

nitro

I don't mean to intrude this thread, but I just had a quick question and did not want to open another thread for this (sorry if I'm wrong here):

I'm also looking for a home rosin press and was wondering if anyone has experience with the company squishit and this press in particular. Thanks in advance.

nitro,

MegaMan2k

I don't mean to intrude this thread, but I just had a quick question and did not want to open another thread for this (sorry if I'm wrong here):

I'm also looking for a home rosin press and was wondering if anyone has experience with the company squishit and this press in particular. Thanks in advance.

My first press ever was a "squishit" and i must say, i did not get much for my money in either the product or service from the owner xD

The heating plates was attached crooket so it didnt really get up to the promised 250kg pressure ( which is very low in the first place ) and i wasnt able to get any help from whoever owns squishit,

From that failure i went on to build my current 10-ton press which have been a succes for close to a year now, Really a DIY-10 ton will run you the same cost as maybe even the cheapest squishit press,

If you are going to get a "pre-build" press, it seems like there atleast are better brands out there.

"dab press" for one has some pretty good cost effective pre-built solutions,

Top Bottom