HipVap

outletboy

I dig it. I just bought a 5 pack of pods from Puff it Up for it. Any vape where I can have preloaded bowls is a huge plus. To me that is true portability, where you can change your bowl on the go easily. I use mine at 380 at 6, sometimes 7 mins. Good taste, heats quickly, very sturdy, fits good in your hand, reasonably priced and very easy to use and maintain. You can set your temp and your time which is a great feature I think. I did get a long battery life. I don't know the exact time but I'd say I've gone through at least 15-18 pods anywhere from 360-380 and 5-8 mins before recharging. It took a few hours to charge and no clue on if you can use it while charging. The bad is it runs hot after while like any other vape but not uncomfortable and I don't like the mouthpiece but I can deal with it. The Pinnacle water piece fits perfect on mine and works great. It is in my rotation and will stay in it for a while.

Sounds really awesome !, I own a Mighty that i like to use at home but I'm in need of something for the go that doesn't cost too much, incase it gets stolen or i lose it. I'm defiantly thinking about getting the Hipvap when i have the chance, possibly by the end of this month! Thanks again for the reply !

outletboy,
Reactions: HipVap

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Sounds really awesome !, I own a Mighty that i like to use at home but I'm in need of something for the go that doesn't cost too much, incase it gets stolen or i lose it. I'm defiantly thinking about getting the Hipvap when i have the chance, possibly by the end of this month! Thanks again for the reply !
Glad to help

HipVap

Manufacturer
safe_image.php

outletboy

I have used the hipvap about 5 times in total, on my second one already. The first one USB charging port fell right out after the first charge so i contacted them, sent out my unit and received my replacement. My replacement doesn't hold a charge after the first use, the Orange/Green indicator light doesn't turn on and it displays an error "HHH" that i cannot find information anywhere online for; Maybe i just got a 2 faulty units. It was a pretty good vape the few times i actually used it. I'm not going to be spending an hour trying to clean the vape (pretty difficult getting it spotless even after just a couple uses) and another 10$ to sending in a USED vape. The expenses, trouble and worry are easily surpassing the value of the unit in my opinion. Personally I am going to steer clear from these, and stick with a much more reliable unit such as the Solo, and Mighty.

Ive had my solo for YEARS, no problem ever.

outletboy,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have used the hipvap about 5 times in total, on my second one already. The first one USB charging port fell right out after the first charge so i contacted them, sent out my unit and received my replacement. My replacement doesn't hold a charge after the first use, the Orange/Green indicator light doesn't turn on and it displays an error "HHH" that i cannot find information anywhere online for; Maybe i just got a 2 faulty units. It was a pretty good vape the few times i actually used it. I'm not going to be spending an hour trying to clean the vape (pretty difficult getting it spotless even after just a couple uses) and another 10$ to sending in a USED vape. The expenses, trouble and worry are easily surpassing the value of the unit in my opinion. Personally I am going to steer clear from these, and stick with a much more reliable unit such as the Solo, and Mighty.

Ive had my solo for YEARS, no problem ever.

Sure, but I've experienced this same defective unit tango with Arizer over the Solo a few times, and many have with the Crafty/Mighty as well. I'd just call it shit luck, not a reflection on the vape itself, annoying but not uncommon.

outletboy

Your right shit luck, the vape was good, easy to draw and i would say a tad better vape quality then the My Solo clouds. Your right i did have to return my Mighty aswell before, but the mighty is an expensive unit and would be a huge loss if ignored. if my unit worked I'm sure i would love it.
Hashtag #ShitLuck :shrug: haha.

outletboy

Sorry for the double post, and for doubting HipVap.

I contacted Hipvap about the problem and they replied with a apology and also stating they stand behind there product and want all their customers happy with the HipVap; So they offered me a hassle free replacement, not requiring me to send the old unit in at all. :tup:

Seems like there serious about customer satisfaction. I'm actually very pleased with the service they offered me, kind of take back what i said, there customer service is great and you should have no worry's if you purchase a HipVap from them or a authorized re-seller. I'm very happy and thank Rob Todd and the people at HipVap for shooting to make my vaping experience great. I will be posting a follow up post when i receive the unit.
:rockon:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My HipVap is coming back in my rotation since it replaced my Haze for convenients pods/cans, I prefer it to my HazeV3 (sold) for the taste and hits are really smooth with this device, although I think my unit is a bit colder than announced on the unit led screen so I can't achieve really thick clouds as the Haze offered on higher settings.

I use pods filled at 50-75% but I placed it inverted (bottom ss screen up) without the silicone lid. I got a very nice brown abv starting at 380, 392, 410 and 430 to kill the load, i set timer at 8mn.

A bit less stealth than my Alfa although it's one of the stealthier vape.

All in all, i can recommand it except if you are a true cloud chaser...although my unit is one of the earlier...maybe manufacturer proceeded to some improvements and actuals units works better for clouds.

Vape Dr.

I just recently had an issue with my HipVap.
@outletboy this may help you.

When I turned it on the power button light up like a rainbow and the screen said 888 and it shut itself off.
After contacting HipVap Rob was able to talk me through how to "reset" my unit.

Turn the HipVap on, push and hold the temperature up button and the small clock button (top left and bottom right) for about 10 seconds that will factory reset it. Now it works great!

Thank you Rob for your help and excellent customer service!:tup:

outletboy

I forgot about the follow up post.. haha..
The HipVap us great BTW, i also got extremely fast shipping!
Not my main vape but i will use when im on the rode!
Thanks for the great customer service experience and the HipVap !

outletboy,

sesh732

Imaginable
Thinking about the hipvap as my first conduction vape. Users who have both, How does it compare to the pax for extraction quality, and evenness of abv color? Pax is the only similar vape I've used. I realize these things can be quite subjective, so for more info im not a cloud chaser...my goal is light to slightly dark brown abv after lots of tasty draws.
Thanks!

Last edited:
sesh732,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thinking about the hipvap as my first convection vape. Users who have both, How does it compare to the pax for extraction quality, and evenness of abv color? Pax is the only similar vape I've used. I realize these things can be quite subjective, so for more info im not a cloud chaser...my goal is light to slightly dark brown abv after lots of tasty draws.
Thanks!

I think you meant conduction ;)

But yeah, this is comparable, I do not think you'll be disappointed with the HipVap given those reasonable expectations

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: sesh732

max

Out to lunch
Thinking about the hipvap as my first conduction vape. Users who have both, How does it compare to the pax for extraction quality, and evenness of abv color? Pax is the only similar vape I've used. I realize these things can be quite subjective, so for more info im not a cloud chaser...my goal is light to slightly dark brown abv after lots of tasty draws.
Thanks!
I don't know that you're even around anymore, but I'll reply anyway, since it's general info.

This little hide in your palm portable doesn't get much love here but its attributes have hooked me to the point where I rarely use anything else outside the house if I need something that goes in and out of my pocket easily and is stealthy. I always get a very even ABV color and the ease of use (and cleaning) factors are quite good. I especially like the option of having a range of 'on time' up to ten min. I normally don't pack it full, but use a topless pod as a spacer. It's not a model to expect huge hits from, due to the narrow vapor path, but then that's not my primary goal with a portable. It's held up well (had it for over a year now) and is easy to clean. Still using the original screen. I'm seeing it on eBay for $115 shipped so it also qualifies in the good price dept. IMO.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I like the pods but I use them without the silicon lid and place them inverted in the bowl (bottom screen up), it's nice to get some pods loaded to swap on the go.

I agree it's not the cloudier or tastier vape but it works decently, it is my n°2 for on the go stealth vaping (after the Alfa).

PPN,

blackbur

Checked out PIU.
Last call these bad boys are $79..debating on getting a 2nd since i gave away my first.

blackbur,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Checked out PIU.
Last call these bad boys are $79..debating on getting a 2nd since i gave away my first.
Yes a very good deal for a very nice underated vape. Imho it works better than a lot of this new fancy vapes. Adjustable t° and session length, great battery life, very nice taste for a conduction vape and satisfying clouds. Pods are a plus also.

Definitly a great deal!

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That's crazy how some good vapes like this one are ignored by folks around, if it was slightly more popular I bet we could have an improved version using ceramic instead of stainless steel and maybe some others features.

My morning session fog my room more than some new models I'm testing, and I love the smoothness of conduction (I love the flavor of convection also!).
Without to mention my unit was one of the first batch(around 2 years old), was heavy used, carried everywhere, was stayed slightly depleted and unusued for months and still working like a charm!

I'm feeling alone to post here...:huh:

blackbur

I just checked their website. it no longer exists...
Might grab a last call one from piu to have as a back up.

blackbur,
Reactions: PPN

Shibaz

This was my first (and currently only!) vape. I picked it based on price, size, and information I found here on this forum, so thanks! I got it from Puffitup (and looks like they still have a few in stock). It's my first, so I have nothing much to compare it to except the crappy pen vape I bought before I found this site (that thing was terrible--clearly not really meant for dry herb).

I had it a year, and yesterday the part where the charger plugs in broke. :( But the retailer is fab, and they're going to fix or replace it even though the company is gone, since it does have a two year warranty. Kind of sad to see these little guys not being made anymore--it was a pretty decent portable vape and simple to use, so good for a newbie like myself.

Time for an upgrade for me anyway, though, so this one will likely be used less regularly once it is fixed/replaced.

Shibaz,

ta5ae

I just recently had an issue with my HipVap.
@outletboy this may help you.

When I turned it on the power button light up like a rainbow and the screen said 888 and it shut itself off.
After contacting HipVap Rob was able to talk me through how to "reset" my unit.

Turn the HipVap on, push and hold the temperature up button and the small clock button (top left and bottom right) for about 10 seconds that will factory reset it. Now it works great!

Thank you Rob for your help and excellent customer service!:tup:

Thanks so much. This worked for me.

ta5ae,
Reactions: Vape Dr.
Top Bottom