High potency edibles

sickmanfraud

I can't have chocolate or any sugar anymore but I used to like making chocolate bars with RSO. Darkest I can find with some salt. I was even tempering them and everything. I only get to have boring infused oil now but hey first world problems and all. I hope I can one day get a sonification setup for making my own nano coffee creamer properly.
Here is a sugar-free brownie recipe that I have made tens of times. I should note that I only use 1/4 cup of Coconut oil and the remainder of the oil is swapped out for sugar-free applesauce.

If you make these let me know if you have any questions.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I made canna sugar for the first time from rosin puck tincture. I only now discovered the sugar recipe. I let it dry very well.
Herbal tea with half a spoonful was well recognisable and had a great herbal taste. I could not detect cannabis taste at all. I was really surprised at how effective and fast it was.
With more sugar it tastes even better:D.
It is very easy to handle, dose, ingest. Works as fast as tincture without the alcohol:tup:.
Great to surprise people:cool:. Good for old ladies.

I think @Madri-Gal tried a cotton sugar candy machine. I really like the idea and can imagine it makes really tasty candies. Very inspiring!

Trajectory.

don't want to eat 2-3 cookies or a large candy bar.

Really. You need to ingest a lot of saturated fat for an edible to get you high. That's very bad.

Which is why I'm going to mostly make timctures, while eating brownies less often. Just put a nice set of brownies in the freezer for a weekend treat or two only.

This batch should easily last me a couple months, so the bad LDL cholesterol intake should be marginal.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Really. You need to ingest a lot of saturated fat for an edible to get you high. That's very bad.

Which is why I'm going to mostly make timctures, while eating brownies less often. Just put a nice set of brownies in the freezer for a weekend treat or two only.

This batch should easily last me a couple months, so the bad LDL cholesterol intake should be marginal.
I have to be careful with my sugar so my nightly medicine can't be a carb bomb. Between trying to keep it easy, simple and low carb I stopped making edibles a while ago. I make an everclear tincture with decarbed shatter, which I have down to a nightly .4ml for my calculated dose. I usually just take the squirt, then wash it down with some water.

If the alcohol isn't a problem, I don't see the need to cook the medicine into food. If I wanted to enjoy it more, rather than make a tray of edible brownies, I can just cut off a little piece of regular brownie and squirt the tincture on it. Or on a cookie or a cracker or some warm tea. It's the same medicine, only easier to make. YMMV.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I make infused Crystal Light beverages with infused honey. I use concentrate as it's very inexpensive in Washington State. These are my steps:

1. Calculate fluid volume. Honey is sold by the pound, but I dose by tablespoon (fluid measurement). Let's say my honey container is 2 1/2lbs, and I want the infused honey to have 100 mg THC per tablespoon. How many tablespoons in 2.5 lbs of honey? Just ask the internet: Type "How many tablespoons in 2.5 lbs of honey". 54 tablespoons in 2.5 lbs. So we need 5,400 mg of THC to make each 100 mg tablespoon.

2. Heat honey in a water bath at 120 F degrees. Heat should be low: it's easy to overheat honey.

3. Decarb 5,400 mg of THC.

4. Add sunflower lecithin. Lecithin allows the oil to emulsify and combines better with liquids. It's reported that the addition of lecithin increases the "bioavailability" of the concentrate. I used half the volume of concentrate. For example, if I'm using 2 grams of concentrate, I add one gram of lecithin. Mix well. I use a battery operated hand mixer.

5. add the concentrate/lecithin solution to the heated honey. Mix well. I use an immersion blender.

I make 4 beverages at a time. I empty 4 bottles of water into a pan and warm the water slightly so as to melt the honey. I add a quarter cup of infused honey (equal to 4 tablespoons), 4 individual tubes of Crystal Light and mix well. Fill the bottles back up and chill.

You don't have to make them as strong as I do.
99014728-4588-477-F-BE5-D-0-AF54106-A0-F6-1-105-c.jpg

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

I've been buying edibles in the UK for years. Some imported and some UK made. Got to the stage now I just buy canna butter, honey or coconut oil from the same guy and just eat a spoonful or honey my tea.

My wife got me EDs from etsy and they were excellent. Who knew?

sickmanfraud

I make infused Crystal Light beverages with infused honey. I use concentrate as it's very inexpensive in Washington State. These are my steps:

1. Calculate fluid volume. Honey is sold by the pound, but I dose by tablespoon (fluid measurement). Let's say my honey container is 2 1/2lbs, and I want the infused honey to have 100 mg THC per tablespoon. How many tablespoons in 2.5 lbs of honey? Just ask the internet: Type "How many tablespoons in 2.5 lbs of honey". 54 tablespoons in 2.5 lbs. So we need 5,400 mg of THC to make each 100 mg tablespoon.

2. Heat honey in a water bath at 120 F degrees. Heat should be low: it's easy to overheat honey.

3. Decarb 5,400 mg of THC.

4. Add sunflower lecithin. Lecithin allows the oil to emulsify and combines better with liquids. It's reported that the addition of lecithin increases the "bioavailability" of the concentrate. I used half the volume of concentrate. For example, if I'm using 2 grams of concentrate, I add one gram of lecithin. Mix well. I use a battery operated hand mixer.

5. add the concentrate/lecithin solution to the heated honey. Mix well. I use an immersion blender.

I make 4 beverages at a time. I empty 4 bottles of water into a pan and warm the water slightly so as to melt the honey. I add a quarter cup of infused honey (equal to 4 tablespoons), 4 individual tubes of Crystal Light and mix well. Fill the bottles back up and chill.

You don't have to make them as strong as I do.
99014728-4588-477-F-BE5-D-0-AF54106-A0-F6-1-105-c.jpg

Looks yummy.

How long do you heat the honey/concentrate mixture?

Have you tried this with sugar or agave?

BTW, after seeing this recipe I remembered some cannabis honey from at least 6 years ago that was in the back of a cupboard. Honey is still fine, the effects are still there.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I bought my Costco agave syrup: it is sold by weight - 1.02 kilos/container. There are 46.6 Tablespoons in 1.02 Kilos of agave. So if I make my usual strength (100 mg THC/tablespoon), I need to decarb 4,660 mg of THC. I can do that. It appears the viscosity of agave syrup is such that I won't have to heat to combine with my concentrate/lecithin solution. It seems easier. I will still empty the agave container into a large beaker or Mason jar to facilitate mixing with my immersion blender.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What's the word on this stuff? Lots of people/caregivers on r/Mainetrees say it's BS... anyone know anything about it? Big claims:

"Nano-emulsified THC gummies deliver faster effects that last longer! Some users even claim they can control the intensity of effects due to more even distribution of THC within the product, increasing bioavailability."

Last edited:

strech

I bought some of the fast acting gummies a few weeks back. I noticed at my 100mg dose. It came in a bit quicker and seemed slightly stronger but wore off quick and left me wanting. Cost was in line with other edibles on the menu.

Nina

I bought some of the fast acting gummies a few weeks back. I noticed at my 100mg dose. It came in a bit quicker and seemed slightly stronger but wore off quick and left me wanting. Cost was in line with other edibles on the menu.
Interesting!
can you say how much quicker? My homemade edibles kick in reliably after 35 minutes (provided I take them on an empty stomach)

Raskolnikov

It's true, I just looked and you can buy edibles on etsy in the UK, how can that be? Surely etsy would shut that down??
Oh its definitely true. Ive had quite a few. I dont know how they are getting away with it.
LB has been doing weed for years and getting away with it too. I discovered them during lockdown. I use TG now but LB is a very good clearnet escrow market. I still use it for cannabutter, coconut oil and honey.

I am wanting to make my own high dosage edibles. Trying to get 100mg into a one bite edible. Guess my question is how much THC can I pack into a teaspoon of oil? What's the most you can infuse into a tablespoon?
you can assume that 1 gram of high-quality cannabis flower contains around 100mg of THC. if you're using this amount to infuse into a teaspoon of oil, you would have around 7mg of THC per teaspoon. if you're infusing into a tablespoon, you would have around 21mg of THC per tablespoon.

Artrix Global,
  • Haha
Reactions: bulllee

Nina

you can assume that 1 gram of high-quality cannabis flower contains around 100mg of THC. if you're using this amount to infuse into a teaspoon of oil, you would have around 7mg of THC per teaspoon. if you're infusing into a tablespoon, you would have around 21mg of THC per tablespoon.
Are you sure Artrix? I'm no expert on potencies but 10% sounds a bit low to me👀

Nina,
Top Bottom